• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

donpiff

Quote from: Tricky-D on May 21, 2018, 06:30:30 PM
How did you end up in contact with her?
I actually met her on facebook through a group there. We had some mutual friends and chatted a bit. I learned about her relationship with Art a few months later. This was about a year or so ago. After Art died I thought about the stories she told me and offered her a platform to share.

PaulK

Quote from: timebandit on May 21, 2018, 06:41:51 PM
happen to have the show date? Thanks
No.

There was a show where Art told the story how he got the Ouija board, and he said he played with it and got some really bad response
from it, got freaked out and got rid of the board.
Several callers over the years asked him about it but he refused to tell what the message was.

timebandit

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 06:49:06 PM
No.

There was a show where Art told the story how he got the Ouija board, and he said he played with it and got some really bad response
from it, got freaked out and got rid of the board.
Several callers over the years asked him about it but he refused to tell what the message was.
interesting

BobGrau

For the record, it's nearly 2am here and I've just listened to "Bright Eyes" about 50 times. Fuck you all  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyQmH9NZcw

Night Fry

Isn't it time to stream?
Hoping to take a ride
Following your mentor's death last week
Or is there no need?

There's a frog along with a wry grin / *There's a final demand from Verizon?
Estranged folk standing by
And nobody seems to know when's the show
Or which of the streams
Oh-oh, must be the green.

Night fry, fumbled desire
Night fry, how come yer show's so fail
How can a lass that came from the Gabcast
Suddenly turn so lame
Night fry

How can I find her sad show?
Retching into the night
Mumbling over the hills on speed
Forever agrieved
There's a high wind called George Noory
Consistent, to be fair
And nobody, Heather, downloads your show
And where do I start?
Oh-oh, it's just not Art.

Night fry, learning expired
Night fry, how could you be so vague
How can the laugh that rang out from the Gabcast
Suddenly seem so fake?
Night fry

Night fry, Noory might hire
Night fry, sputtering like a squib
How come Redacted's last couple Gabcasts
Suddenly seem so glib?
Night fry

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 21, 2018, 06:20:39 PM
REGARDING PHONE LINES

I'm having some compatibility issues but hope to resolve them by showtime tonight or tomorrow. We're working on it.

We WILL have them soon. Sorry for the delay, but either way, I WILL be live and presenting new episodes and not deterred from broadcasting by technical issues regarding phones.

DS

And Skype?

PaulK

Quote from: chefist on May 21, 2018, 06:45:21 PM
Discord for Vara if anyone is interested...

https://discord.gg/uBxEDAG
sure.

Tonight Heather and Vara will have big announcement.

"Fat ass Heather wading in the desert Show"
-with mouth like a shredder your host fat ass Heather,
good evening good morning to you and here is my co-host and my husband crooked mouth Michael Vara.
He talks like a drunk and I stink like a skunk. 

On tonight'sh show we heave a guesht Diesel Ass Dyke Lasha Lard ASS Seniuk, Ashtrologer to cats rats and peed dogs....

FlarpsWife

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 06:09:43 PM
The OUIJA board that Art got as a gift from some psychic women and tried once the board told Art that he will commit suicide.
That's why he never talked about it. He just refused to talk about on the air.

Well if he refused to talk about it how do you know what it said? Is it in his book?

GravitySucks

Quote from: BobGrau on May 21, 2018, 06:51:16 PM
For the record, it's nearly 2am here and I've just listened to "Bright Eyes" about 50 times. Fuck you all  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyQmH9NZcw

Night Fry

Isn't it time to stream?
Hoping to take a ride
Following your mentor's death last week
Or is there no need?

There's a frog along with a wry grin / *There's a final demand from Verizon?
Estranged folk standing by
And nobody seems to know when's the show
Or which of the streams
Oh-oh, must be the green.

Night fry, fumbled desire
Night fry, how come yer show's so fail
How can a lass that came from the Gabcast
Suddenly turn so lame
Night fry

How can I find her sad show?
Retching into the night
Mumbling over the hills on speed
Forever agrieved
There's a high wind called George Noory
Consistent, to be fair
And nobody, Heather, downloads your show
And where do I start?
Oh-oh, it's just not Art.

Night fry, learning expired
Night fry, how could you be so vague
How can the laugh that rang out from the Gabcast
Suddenly seem so fake?
Night fry

Night fry, Noory might hire
Night fry, sputtering like a squib
How come Redacted's last couple Gabcasts
Suddenly seem so glib?
Night fry

BRAVO!

BobGrau

PS If the song makes you cry, skip to 1:33 and pretend it's all weed.

PaulK

Quote from: timebandit on May 21, 2018, 06:50:52 PM
interesting

Maybe some Bellgabber has a link to that show and will post it.

PaulK

Quote from: FlarpsWife on May 21, 2018, 06:54:13 PM
Well if he refused to talk about it how do you know what it said? Is it in his book?

He talked in private about it.

Quote from: dsz on May 21, 2018, 05:50:20 PM
I think you know what happens when you mess with them.

I found a bit more on the 1970s Art Bell on a discussion page for old radio pros:

A guy listed as Bob Hudson says:

Art and I were at KUDE in 72-73. After that he ran an adult bookstore in Vista for awhile and even made the newspapers because of a
"swinger's club" he operated. Then he went up to Alaska and started doing his copy of the Bill Ballance Feminine Forum talk show. That was, I believe, Art's first talk show.

KO worked in San Diego at KGB as Bob Elliott so he may have had some San Diego County ties that brought him to Oceanside for a while (it certainly wasn't the money or the prestige). When FM started to ascend in the mid to late 1970's a lot of Top 40 AM jocks began to have a tough time getting gigs and KO was not the only one who'd done Bill Drake Boss Radio and ended up at (or at least stopped by) KUDE.

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?496572-If-I-was-your-newsman-see-your-doctor

Just posting more news relating to our discussion.  Make of it what you will.  Maybe someone on that site could be contacted by Liberace?

WOTR

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 05:52:01 PM
you have this peculiar irritating lucking self confidence style with words, very similar to Heather Wade.
Now I have something in common with Brig.  :'(

It has been awhile... And I cannot seem to recall who it was who first trademarked the phrase "that fucker owes you"â,,¢.  However, it seems like a good time to blow some life into it again... Too bad we can't do the same to Art so that we could tar and feather him or burn him at the stake...  ;)

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 03:32:19 PM
That fucker owes you.
Quote from: Donald Noory on March 25, 2016, 12:14:18 AM
that fucker owes you
Quote from: Ciardelo on January 08, 2016, 06:13:34 PM
That fucker owes us and we needs to keep reminding the world how hurt we are.
Quote from: GravitySucks on January 21, 2018, 05:27:19 PM
Yep. That fucker owes you.
Quote from: Ciardelo on January 09, 2016, 10:17:29 PM
You poor bastard--that fucker owes you.
Quote from: Donald Noory on March 25, 2016, 12:11:06 AM
You don't mean to say you got tired of reading "That fucker owes you" do you?

FlarpsWife

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on May 21, 2018, 06:13:39 PM
HUFF PARANORMAL CONTACTS ART BELL!!  HE IS PROBABLY READING BELLGAB FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!

https://youtu.be/jRTxLrhIk7U

Whoa! Thanks for posting. Interesting work.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on May 20, 2018, 06:54:13 PM
I can't speak for anyone but myself.  Once I know that someone does horrible things, I can no longer separate the work from the person.  I try to not learn about entertainer's personal lives for that reason.  I can't hear an Art Bell show now without thinking about how little respect I have for men who abandon their children, and to make matters worse, don't do everything they can to make amends when they are older and supposedly wiser.  Bill Cosby used to be my favorite comedian.  Now I my brain goes to his rape convictions when hearing his name.  On a lesser note, I haven't gone to see a Tom Cruise movie since his crazy fell out.
You are right. While talking about sports players we liked a good friend of mine once told me that you never want to meet your sports hero's because you may find out he is a douchebag and could never see or rout for him or maybe the team again. He could be right. I am a huge Hockey fan and love the NY Rangers, Mark Messier was our favor player. One day I see him at a minor league game watching his son play. This is the guy, the Captain who aftet 54 yesr without winning a Dtanley Cup championship he promised they'ed do it in 1994 while being down 2 games to the rival NJ Devils. Good to his word he delivers scores goals wins the series and the cup...the Rangers have not won one since. I respectfully approached him between periods. He could not have been a nicer or more reseptive guy. He signed my tix and then told me to bring my two young sons over too and chatted a longtime. He has won 6 Stanley Cups and gets big bucks for signing his name on stuff.
Earlier as a cop in NYC, in 1984 or 85 while working on big Met gm at Shea Stadium, I had to walk thru the tunnel for a security check along the way by the NY Mets locker room. Locker room dr opens and I see one of my favorite players Keith Hernandez, I just nod and say hey how you doing, he steps out and like starts talking. I am in uniform and about a week before he had admitted in the papers to using cocaine while with the St. Louis Cardnials and talked about how he quit on his own and how hard it was. And he had because he was getting pissed tested. So he looks sheepishly at me and asks if I had a light. So we both light up and just two regular guys having a smoke break talking baseball. He turns out to be a really nice regular guy, I tell him that I respect him as a cop for coming clean and talking about how with just his will power he quit and wished him luck to keep up the good work. He signs his autograph on a back blank page of my Official NYPD memobook and tells me to call the front office (pre cellphone days) ask for him and he'd have tix waiting for me to go to a game. I thank him, never called since I didn't want to be like a fan boy stalker and get jammed up with IAD for taking free tix! But he was also a good guy...guess I just got lucky because I have heard about some guys who are real dicks...whether Art was or not, we may never know. We can only listen to what people say and decide from that or just like him for what he gave us as an audience.

BobGrau

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 21, 2018, 06:54:57 PM
BRAVO!

I'm sure you meant "encore"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4

Lasha's Theme

Lash aa, facebook is her universe
Lash aa, she'll flame everyone of us

Lash aa she's inimical
Lash aa she's fucking impossible

She scorns every one of us
Scans for any hint of fuss
She'll scathe with her psychic hand
Even stand for every woman
Any child want a fight with lash?
Lash aa
Lash aa she craves to be one of us

Just a fan
With a large fuh-ridge
Who knows nothing but to scam
There when Heather fails
Gonna do you a new chart
Stay blind upon the trail
Oh oh oh oh
Lash!

trostol

Quote from: whoozit on May 21, 2018, 05:13:22 PM
Who would have thought the Falkie Thread would become the safe space of BellGab?

its not...its the Hoagie thread..simply cause no one really goes there now lol

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on May 21, 2018, 07:01:35 PM
I found a bit more on the 1970s Art Bell on a discussion page for old radio pros:

A guy listed as Bob Hudson says:

Art and I were at KUDE in 72-73. After that he ran an adult bookstore in Vista for awhile and even made the newspapers because of a
"swinger's club" he operated. Then he went up to Alaska and started doing his copy of the Bill Ballance Feminine Forum talk show. That was, I believe, Art's first talk show.

Art hocked tiddy mags too?

GravitySucks

Quote from: BobGrau on May 21, 2018, 07:06:17 PM
I'm sure you meant "encore"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4

Lasha's Theme

Lash aa, facebook is her universe
Lash aa, she'll flame everyone of us

Lash aa she's inimical
Lash aa she's fucking impossible

She scorns every one of us
Scans for any hint of fuss
She'll scathe with her psychic hand
Even stand for every woman
Any child want a fight with lash?
Lash aa
Lash aa she craves to be one of us

Just a fan
With a large fuh-ridge
Who knows nothing but to scam
There when Heather fails
Gonna do you a new chart
Stay blind upon the trail
Oh oh oh oh
Lash!

Gonna do you a new chart!!!

DeadDogsEye

Vera is on. Just promised Heater back on the 28th.  He mentions he's having a speech analyst on tonight and I just thought that it was fitting.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 05:34:37 PM
TL:DR
Too Lame:Didn't Read it

stopped reading after few words, you are allover the place.
you and Heather Wade must be brother and sister, the lame factor is so obvious.
There is just one word for his behavior. And I have seen in my life it is a very difficult thing for humans to change about themselves unless they work hard at it and really want to do it...even then they only do things because they want or get something in return...and it is, selfishness.

Lilith

Quote from: donpiff on May 21, 2018, 06:15:15 PM
I did the interview with Marsha. Here's the files.

Welcome to Bellgab!

Please Post Often!

Praise MV!

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 21, 2018, 05:34:49 PM
;D
So this is one of the new and more pix she promised to post?! I bet Art had a bunch of...of, ah...pictures of some type!

PaulK

Quote from: DeadDogsEye on May 21, 2018, 07:11:30 PM
Vera is on. Just promised Heater back on the 28th.  He mentions he's having a speech analyst on tonight and I just thought that it was fitting.

Art had reverse-speech guy on his show years ago and later that guy posted results from recorded samples of Art talking after he run it via his equipment.
Art was saying weird stuff, most freaky things he said was about Ramona.
like,
1. the bitch must die
2. she betrayed me

there was few more but I don't remember.

WOTR

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 21, 2018, 07:16:00 PM
There is just one word for his behavior. And I have seen in my life it is a very difficult thing for humans to change about themselves unless they work hard at it and really want to do it...even then they only do things because they want or get something in return...and it is, selfishness.

You are pretty much dead on.  Selfish would be the perfect word for Art.

*I'm surprised and disjointed that nobody pointed out my use of the word"scared".  :(

Tricky-D

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 07:19:54 PM
Art had reverse-speech guy on his show years ago and later that guy posted results from recorded samples of Art talking after he run it through his equipment.
Art was saying weird stuff, most freaky things he said was about Ramona.
like,
1. the bitch must die
2. she betrayed me

there was few more but I don't remember.
Paul is dead man miss him miss him?