• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 11, 2018, 02:33:25 AM
I decided to listen to Sasquatch Chronicles after Zak was done. Love a good skunk ape story.

I could never get into bigfoot. I think maybe the tone of the investigation was set wrong with that original film that seemed fake to me even as a kid. I was a regular watcher of In Search of...but bigfoot...meh.

Who is this demented woman who can't even describe the mothership she claims she was on?  Like all these people it's hard to tell if they're delusional or just pure fraudsters.

Dave tries to put up a front that he's a serious interviewer by asking skeptical questions but the guest bluffs an answer and he quickly agrees that mainstream scientists are more interested in keeping their funding so that explains why they aren't open to quack science like hers -  the real reason of course is because they have better uses for their time than dealing with kooks with zero academic credentials. Like most pseudo-scientists she uses a variation of the 'appeal to authority' logic fallacy where she posits that because the world's greatest scientists don't have a complete understanding of so much natural phenomena including consciousness that means her credibility is at least as good as theirs, they are all in the same boat, equals. Her description of her breakthrough experiment with DNA exposed to some kind of energy demonstrated the presence of an entity/angel is laughable. Speaking of laughable, she nervously giggles constantly because she knows how ridiculous she sounds. I think she knows she's a con artist.

QuoteCory describes thought patterns as "thought particles" that can be stored in certain vorticities of the universe, in particular black holes. She explains that the structure of space is configured with black holes that store information on its surface, including thought particles. The information particles stored in the surface of every black hole of the universe can be accessed through Universal consciousness. Once one has linked in to this type of particle information, they can speak extraterrestrial languages, understand extraterrestrial symbols, and access teleportation and time travel. This entire construct makes up the Cosmic Mind.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 10, 2018, 08:54:37 PM
Also, as I listened to Dave almost plead with C2C regular caller Charles from Elgin, Tx to get to his point and ask a question
he should have hung up on the dolt like a proper broadcaster would

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 11, 2018, 03:15:21 PM
he should have hung up on the dolt like a proper broadcaster would

Sounds like you are calling George "a proper broadcaster".   ???

Nebraska888

Listening tonight!  Zee, are you?

TigerLily

Quote from: Nebraska888 on March 18, 2018, 11:15:11 PM
Listening tonight!  Zee, are you?

Hi Neb. He's over at Hoagie's

Beyond the Darkness is pretty inferior to to what Darkness radio is. I think having the show recorded really killed the vibe of the show. Guest are also seem worse. Tuesday’s were the best shows as they were true crime. It’s now a subscription based for this. Which is fine, but the system they have means I won’t pay for it. For $5 ( I get it it isn’t much) you get 4 1.5 hour shows a month. However, you don’t get the 5 other shows they do a week commercial free. So literally your only paying for that show. The way they originally spun it was that Podcast 1 wouldn’t let them do True crime. However, they frequently play re-runs, so it felt like they were misleading. I still listen on occasion but when you don’t get the best shows, I have less interest. For $5 a month I get 20 long MITD shows, for $20 I get 18 plus episodes of 3+ hours of the no sleep podcast. I have no problem pay to support a podcast but $5 for a show that’s generally 1.5 hours and isn’t consistently recorded seems like it’s lacking value. Darkness at times seems sloppy, even when they were on the radio. They always had issues with their computer system and would clearly not prepare for the show. I am talking about things that could easily be done like printing out news articles you want to read so you have them when the internet failed as it frequently did. I get the fact Dave is hosting 2 shows, is involved in tv, and pushing conferences and trips to support his 500 kids but it just seems sloppy at times. I am hard on Dave because I think he could be a better much host than he is. I think he is a decent host now but has much more potential.

TigerLily

Totally agree. Seems like the good ones somehow always self sabotage. While the mediocre - or worse - go on and on and on ... GNS

Nebraska888

Quote from: TigerLily on March 18, 2018, 11:27:19 PM
Hi Neb. He's over at Hoagie's

Hey girlfriend!  Pretty interesting stuff.  I have to admit that Diana's death got my attention.  I haven't listened to Hoagland for a long time.  ZEE...come here!  Ha!

Uncle Duke

I thought Dave did a very good job interviewing the "they killed Princess Di" guest last night.  Like many of her ilk, she tried to power through the interview with a scripted pitch meant to preclude the host from asking questions.  Dave wasn't having any part of it, however, and aggressively interrupted her spiel and challenged her to back up some of her more dubious assertions.  And to the guest's credit, for the most part she answered those challenges head on with fairly well thought out responses.  Doubt I'd buy the book, but I enjoyed the interview.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 19, 2018, 12:42:58 PM
I thought Dave did a very good job interviewing the "they killed Princess Di" guest last night.  Like many of her ilk, she tried to power through the interview with a scripted pitch meant to preclude the host from asking questions.  Dave wasn't having any part of it, however, and aggressively interrupted her spiel and challenged her to back up some of her more dubious assertions.  And to the guest's credit, for the most part she answered those challenges head on with fairly well thought out responses.  Doubt I'd buy the book, but I enjoyed the interview.

I just couldn't entertain myself to listen to the show because of that guest.  Princess Di was/is a goddess?  Really?  Sounds like she was trying to create a new cult.  It was New Age wackiness that I could do without.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 19, 2018, 01:27:31 PM
I just couldn't entertain myself to listen to the show because of that guest.  Princess Di was/is a goddess?  Really?  Sounds like she was trying to create a new cult.  It was New Age wackiness that I could do without.
Really she was talking OLD Age wackiness (Diana goddess of the hunt, nature in Roman times,) sacrifices, and other old concepts like Translatio imperii, "The Mandate of Heaven," Auctorita, and the idea of royalty in general. Though mentioned them more in definition than using those specific terms. I thought that she was pretty good for someone with some wacky ideas. That various political murders are really occultic sacrifices related to ancient ways. Dave did a good job asking questions of her. And the "Princess Di caller" Bonnie was able to expand on her personal theories about it for once.

I actually wanted to look more up but C2C and the guest never even provided a link and I guess she doesn't have website? Thats a new one. I thought it was mandatory for a C2C guest to have a website- using a mid 90's Hotdog and free Geocities style graphics.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on March 19, 2018, 06:15:15 PM
Really she was talking OLD Age wackiness (Diana goddess of the hunt, nature in Roman times,) sacrifices, and other old concepts like Translatio imperii, "The Mandate of Heaven," Auctorita, and the idea of royalty in general. Though mentioned them more in definition than using those specific terms. I thought that she was pretty good for someone with some wacky ideas. That various political murders are really occultic sacrifices related to ancient ways. Dave did a good job asking questions of her. And the "Princess Di caller" Bonnie was able to expand on her personal theories about it for once.

I actually wanted to look more up but C2C and the guest never even provided a link and I guess she doesn't have website? Thats a new one. I thought it was mandatory for a C2C guest to have a website- using a mid 90's Hotdog and free Geocities style graphics.

I blew off the "wackiness" and paid more attention to her take on the alleged conspiracy.  I meant to mention Bonnie in my previous post, but forgot to do so.  Still not sure what she was talking about with Di and Mother Theresa.  I too thought it odd the only link provided on the C2C webpage was one to Amazon for her upcoming book.  I went to her publisher's website, and there is nothing there about her as well.  Maybe she's laying low lest those evil MI6 types come after her for spilling the royal beans.

Taco Bell

Via dave's twitter

Tonite @BeyondDarkShow has Supernatural News & says Goodbye to Art Bell & Paranormal Researcher Guy Lyon Playfair

The rest of the show revisits The Anatomy of a Poltergeist with the author of the definitive book on The Enfield Poltergeist Case

trostol

did he ever go to that lady's house to investigate the noises?

El Chorro

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 08:50:51 PM
Via dave's twitter

The rest of the show revisits The Anatomy of a Poltergeist with the author of the definitive book on The Enfield Poltergeist Case

This is his guest on Coast tomorrow night. Do the weekend hosts sometimes use their regular shows as a kind of dress rehearsal for their big Coast shows?

Btw I liked that they didn't waste time last night having every fill-in host call in, but rather are letting them pay respects to Art on their regular broadcasts. 

albrecht

Schrader was good this weekend. The callers on the "fear" episode were good and it was a spooky show. Man, some of the stuff they went through. "Geez" as Norry might say. EMDR is interesting also.

The "Enfield Poltergeist" has always been an interesting subject, solid guests involved in the case back then, and a good show on it.

Beyond the darkness is officially 3 days a week podcast. It doesn't seem as if it is getting maximum effort either. 

I used to like True crime Tuesdays but $5 a month for one short show a week seems poor value. There are other podcast out there which are better value. Plus this video seems to used car dealery to me. The way Schader has been pushing other ventures confrences, etc it as if Noory is wearing off on him. I don't like it. I get he has 5000 kids to support.

https://youtu.be/jEF6egmfvTo

chefist

Congratulations...I guess...

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on May 05, 2018, 01:17:58 PM

Wut???  I gotta catch up CHefist...

bellNwhistle

Quote from: chefist on May 05, 2018, 01:17:58 PM

It hasn’t been announced yet, though? Like.. it’s just an educated guess at this point?

IF he's the guy, I will love True Crime Tuesdays, if he sticks with that.  8)

cweb

If Darkness Dave is the new MITD host, I am totes resubbing.

Hells Mole

On the Jericho tribute to Art Bell, Dave S. said he had done a particular show where he had a female guest claiming Michael Jackson had faked his death.  He said that his guest then brought in a caller who went by the name "Peter Pan", sounded like MJ and caused all kinds of controversy on the show.
He remarked at how much the caller really sounded like MJ.

For fun and curiosity I wanted to listen to it but I can't seem to locate it.  I am wondering if anyone here may be familiar with that episode and information about where his past broadcasts might be available.  I haven't had any luck at the Darkness Radio website so far.

Hells Mole

I have located the Michael Jackson death hoax show I was asking about.

It is episodes 680 and 679 here, should anyone else be curious to listen.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 07, 2018, 09:39:51 AM
I have located the Michael Jackson death hoax show I was asking about.

It is episodes 680 and 679 here, should anyone else be curious to listen.

Thank you!

sherlock

If Dave Schrader is going to host MITD I will immediately sign back up.   ;D

HumanBeing

Quote from: sherlock on May 07, 2018, 11:48:32 AM
If Dave Schrader is going to host MITD I will immediately sign back up.   ;D

CoolTen10

He is bad..I never liked him on C2C either. Always puts you to sleep. Presents subjects in a boring way.

I wonder if Keith texts him during the show "You suck Dave" "Get it together or your gone!" "Your no Art Bell!"...exc....

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: CoolTen10 on May 08, 2018, 08:20:12 AM
He is bad..I never liked him on C2C either. Always puts you to sleep. Presents subjects in a boring way.

I wonder if Keith texts him during the show "You suck Dave" "Get it together or your gone!" "Your no Art Bell!"...exc....

Didn't you make the shortlist for an interview?   ???