• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 06:23:59 PM
I knew an ex RMP Cptn who said the same thing. "Fucking civvies' was his missive! I was an air cadet as a youngster so I know the discipline is useful and rewarding, and I learned a lot about myself. But I'm not sure excellent CO's make good politicians.

And I was a cub scout.  What's your fucking point?

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on January 12, 2017, 06:29:56 PM
You are a weak people.

They are a defeated people.  We've shot the shit out of them.  Twice.  We've come over to save their shit.  Twice.  You think they would get the message.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Penis mv on January 12, 2017, 07:26:00 PM
They are a defeated people.  We've shot the shit out of them.  Twice.  We've come over to save their shit.  Twice.  You think they would get the message.

I know; fucking bastards, never give up in a fight, and always punching above their weight. Bastards. ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 07:31:11 PM
I know; fucking bastards, never give up in a fight, and always punching above their weight. Bastards. ;)

Cock(ne)y little bastards?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 06:57:22 PM

I don't doubt you; all I'm saying is you're dealing with a common 'type'. You're dealing with well disciplined (mostly) male military personnel. Civilians aren't like that. Any teacher will tell you that their life is easier teaching to kids who want to learn. You would (I'm supposing) be dealing with guys who shut up and listen?

We deal with a lot of kids (really) who have all the lack of maturity and emotional issues that their civilian counterparts have. There really is no common type.  I was in during the Vietnam Era and got out after the Wall fell.  I watched the services go from being augmented by draftees some of whom were in mental group 4 (not geniuses) to the all volunteer force which is a lot more selective when it comes to IQ, education and physical fitness.  Not everyone can get in and it's a considerably higher cut for submariners.  I can say in all truthfulness that the problems are the same especially when it comes to keeping these kids focused and motivated.  Being smarter doesn't necessarily mean they are less of a problem in fact some of these kids' problem is that they are too smart and know how to game the system and dazzle with footwork.

Just sayin'

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 12, 2017, 07:33:46 PM
they are too smart and know how to game the system and dazzle with footwork.

Which Kennedy?

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 12, 2017, 07:08:54 PM
going to take it in turns

Quote from: Jackstar on January 12, 2017, 06:29:56 PM
weak people

The line starts behind what you so laughingly refer to as 'royalty.' Take a number as well--you can learn how to count on something besides your fingers and tooth while you wait.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on January 12, 2017, 07:43:08 PM
What does B.A.R. stand for?

You've given up on S O S U S then? I can guess why.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 12, 2017, 07:33:46 PM
We deal with a lot of kids (really) who have all the lack of maturity and emotional issues that their civilian counterparts have. There really is no common type.  I was in during the Vietnam Era and got out after the Wall fell.  I watched the services go from being augmented by draftees some of whom were in mental group 4 (not geniuses) to the all volunteer force which is a lot more selective when it comes to IQ, education and physical fitness.  Not everyone can get in and it's a considerably higher cut for submariners.  I can say in all truthfulness that the problems are the same especially when it comes to keeping these kids focused and motivated.  Being smarter doesn't necessarily mean they are less of a problem in fact some of these kids' problem is that they are too smart and know how to game the system and dazzle with footwork.

Just sayin'
Never served but I had a friend who went into the Navy and was stationed in Japan, was peacetime and so he said mainly boring but got into a situation where he said "he just played video games all day" or drank around Japan. He was slightly injured (broke foot) and paperwork got lost, sorta, and even though he was better he was still just staffed to some base and, somehow, was sort of caught between jobs and nobody noticed for months (he was officially, I guess, off-duty due to injury but then after recovery never was reassigned for some time.) He thought the situation was crazy. But he was not a military guy and never planned an actual career. Having said that there also are some of the smartest people in the various branches but, I imagine, also some that aren't but whose jobs would actually not be suited for a very smart person (mundane tasks, questioning orders, etc) or for people who can't deal with a more regimented system. No judgements, I've noticed a lot of ex-military guys who thrive in more traditional companies, like energy sector, where the business is run more like a military (promotions take a time, different jobs through out career so when/if advanced to higher management you understand all aspects of the 'business,' mentors, "finding" the right ultimate position for a person rather than firing, etc.)

ItsOver

Quote from: Penis mv on January 12, 2017, 07:19:49 PM

And I was a cub scout.  What's your fucking point?
That he couldn't cut the brownies?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on January 12, 2017, 07:43:08 PM
What does B.A.R. stand for?

Are you talking about a Browning Automatic Rifle. It's a weapon that will make big fucking holes in bad guys and the occasional inattentive weapons trainee.

Quote from: Penis mv on January 12, 2017, 07:17:11 PM
What's the latest on the Queen?  I've always liked that song, "Benny and the Jets."

Is it Benny or Bennie? Album or single? You're taking sides.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 10:30:01 AM
... He's once again shown his hand by trashing the IS of the US...

This is called ''patriotism'' when the Ds do it.  And based on that, they've been very very patriotic for decades now

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 10:49:08 AM
I don't know what that means [the Stalinist disinformation of the 30s and 40s]...

I believe you

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 12, 2017, 07:08:54 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but when the three of us meet up, Yorkie and I are going to take it in turns to piss in your mouth.

So, a typical British officer party then?  ???

Dr. MD MD

I'm so fucking sick of hearing from the Bobbsy Twins: John McCain and Lindsay Graham. Guys, you're not the president. No one voted for you or wants you or your ideology. Now, can you both just eat shit and die in a fire already?!  ::)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 05:30:04 PM
Yeah, because being in charge of 320 million civilians of all kinds is the same as being in charge of a few thousand soldiers trained to kill.  ::)

Well, first of all, the president isn't ''in charge'' of us.  At least not yet.  You keep telling us you're not a subject, but it sure doesn't read that way sometimes.

I think the problems some seem to be having are two-fold, and the second derives from the first.  It seems at least the past few decades the general public has reached a point where politicians and government are seen as forces for good, businesses and people who run them are considered greedy - if not evil - government employees are noble and people who work in the private sector are 'lesser'.  It's certainly what the Democrat Fake News Media, academia, our schools, and Hollywood would have us believe.

That government is ''public service'' and politicians ''mean well'' is taken as a given.  That profit is evil and businesses exist to rip people off is also considered a given.  No matter what is really happening around us, that's it's not government but the rest of us who create, provide goods and services, build the country and pay for it all.  No, they prefer the corruption, unaccountability, waste, and failure of government.  Apparently because they mean well, and supposedly aren't in it for ''profit''.

It's an attitude that is difficult to overcome, so strong has it been ingrained in people.

It follows then that a non-politician being elected is an absolute anathema.  Probably unless they come from a left-wing non-profit - no doubt that would be ok.  They haven't honed the skills to avoid hard questions, spent time to develop cozy relationships with friendly ''journalists'', traded favors with the other public servant insiders.  Instead these are people who mostly speak when they have something to say - rather than going on in a soothing tone aggrandizing themselves while saying nothing. 

So many seem to want the shallow empty suits, slick and soothing, someone making them feel good about themselves while taking their counties down the PC path to ruin.  Their manner of speaking is most important, not their policies or actions. 

Military leader?, business leader?, heck no - they don't have proper experience, these people want someone who's been sitting in committee meetings, attending fundraisers, and practicing reading teleprompters in front of their mirrors for their entire adult life.

I think it's long overdue we have a non-politician, something other than a craven, calculated... well, politician.     

On the way in, Mr Nobody is awarded a Nobel Peace Prize (possibly in anticipation of his work in Libya, Syria, and Ferguson).

On the way out, he awards the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Joe Biden.  Joe couldn't accept right away, he was taken by surprise and didn't have time to plagiarize a speech for the occasion.

A looong week to go, can this get any sillier?

Dr. MD MD

This administration really has gone too far this time, raising the bar on their level of disrespect for Trump.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/223208

Careful, Dems! Payback's a bitch.  ;)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 12, 2017, 10:30:08 PM
Well, first of all, the president isn't ''in charge'' of us.  At least not yet.  You keep telling us you're not a subject, but it sure doesn't read that way sometimes.

I think the problems some seem to be having are two-fold, and the second derives from the first.  It seems at least the past few decades the general public has reached a point where politicians and government are seen as forces for good, businesses and people who run them are considered greedy - if not evil - government employees are noble and people who work in the private sector are 'lesser'.  It's certainly what the Democrat Fake News Media, academia, our schools, and Hollywood would have us believe.

That government is ''public service'' and politicians ''mean well'' is taken as a given.  That profit is evil and businesses exist to rip people off is also considered a given.  No matter what is really happening around us, that's it's not government but the rest of us who create, provide goods and services, build the country and pay for it all.  No, they prefer the corruption, unaccountability, waste, and failure of government.  Apparently because they mean well, and supposedly aren't in it for ''profit''.

It's an attitude that is difficult to overcome, so strong has it been ingrained in people.

It follows then that a non-politician being elected is an absolute anathema.  Probably unless they come from a left-wing non-profit - no doubt that would be ok.  They haven't honed the skills to avoid hard questions, spent time to develop cozy relationships with friendly ''journalists'', traded favors with the other public servant insiders.  Instead these are people who mostly speak when they have something to say - rather than going on in a soothing tone aggrandizing themselves while saying nothing. 

So many seem to want the shallow empty suits, slick and soothing, someone making them feel good about themselves while taking their counties down the PC path to ruin.  Their manner of speaking is most important, not their policies or actions. 

Military leader?, business leader?, heck no - they don't have proper experience, these people want someone who's been sitting in committee meetings, attending fundraisers, and practicing reading teleprompters in front of their mirrors for their entire adult life.

I think it's long overdue we have a non-politician, something other than a craven, calculated... well, politician.   

Excellent explication.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 13, 2017, 04:09:10 AM
This administration really has gone too far this time, raising the bar on their level of disrespect for Trump.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/223208

Careful, Dems! Payback's a bitch.  ;)

The party of government believes they should be running this massive bureaucracy they've built.  They're beyond angry they've been rejected and it's been taken from them at every level - presidency, House, Senate, governorships, state legislatures - and with thei Democrat Fake News Media at their backs, they are doing their best to further poison our body politic, and to try to delegitimize Trump.

Between Obama showing his contempt for the limits to his office - for our core principle of separation of powers - to their Thug Lives Matter Brownshirts out in the streets, these people have done nothing but demonstrate the national security threat they pose.

Just wait until the full fury arrives, with the insults and accusations at full pitch when illegal alien criminals start being deported, when people are caught and turned back at the various clandestine border crossing areas, when the moslem ''refugees'' are no longer offered entry, when sensible legislation is being passed.  And, hopefully, when the massive bloated budget is rolled back.

There is going to be a backlash among citizens and voters.  Hopefully Trump will say screw it about trying to cooperate with these people and abandon any plans to govern as a moderate and move towards the conservatives.   

I'm not sure whether it would be best to not really respond, and keep letting out more rope for these people to hang themselves with politically, or to fight back with full fury.

What that would look like is impeachment and removal of the ''progressive'' federal judges that have ignored the Constitution and the law, and handed down rulings based on their own ''progressive'' agenda (if they don't have the votes to impeach, they do have the votes to defund individual salaries and the expenses of maintaining offices and court staff), arrest and apply the RICO statutes to violent protesters at Thug Lives Matter riots, prosecute every Obama Administration official who has broken any law - starting with Hilary Clinton, and possibly Obama himself.  Root out and fire Obama moles - high level hires from the past eight years - or perhaps just start defunding and eliminating Cabinet Departments and various wasteful useless agencies within the Departments that remain - lay those people off, reorganize what's left, and lay off the remaining dead wood across the board.

And - this is key - provide a full explanation of what you're doing to the general public - every step of the way - and do not let the Ds and their Fake News Media define it for you.  Done right, the public would support this, in full.

If these people want a political war, they should get one.  The only question is which tack is better for the advancement of conservative ideas and policy.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 12, 2017, 09:47:40 PM
So, a typical British officer party then?  ???

I thought it fascinating that a two-on-one fight was considered the appropriate way to regain their national honour.

Q: Why did the sun never set on the British Empire?

A: You can never trust an Englishman in the dark.

Jackstar

QuoteAs Warner began to address concerns over Russian election interference, at about 10:15 a.m., the lights went out -- and C-SPAN’s cameras cut out completely.

Warner initially continued with his remarks, but ultimately took a recess because of the power issue. The hearing was moved to another room.