• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

pate

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:31:16 AM
...Fatuous...

I can't help it, every thyme I hear or read that I thing/think:  "Gasbag" as in 'Fatuous Gasbag'

-----

Not to dereal, but it reminds me of the draught/draft conversation that involved writing the word "draught" and trying to esplain that it was pronounced ""draft"" which I quickly gave up on...  Damn useless ears/mynds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izpa9D7c77U

Gassy Man

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 14, 2015, 02:36:51 AM
I make a post about being jealous and I get attacked out of nowhere. smh
How were you attacked?  Just trying to help you.  Wow, pretty defensive when someone is just trying to help you.  Why so sensitive?  You don't need to feel insecure or anything about it -- now you have another word to use and can even look up the meaning if you want.   ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:35:38 AM
That on her own, she will still be on the air and with the same ratings with Midnight in the Desert in three months, the same amount of time and quality that Art brought to the program.  What's yours?

That is your measure? Dear me.. Here's an analogy..Olympic 100 metres champion who trains every day most of the day for the last three years against a club runner who has been running six months..I wonder who might be favourite?

But what about in two or three years?

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 14, 2015, 02:36:51 AM
I make a post about being jealous and I get attacked out of nowhere. smh

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 02:36:49 AM
You're (see what I did there?) doing it again. You assume (assumption is the mother of all fuck ups) you're more intelligent than others. When in fact you merely disagree with their argument.
How is stating a fact making such an assumption . . . unless somehow facts threaten you?  Are you threatened by facts?  Is that it?  Do they make things tougher for you?  It's okay.  It's just a message board.  You don't have to feel insecure about these things.  Just focus more on the distinction between fact and opinion.  You can do it.  I am rooting for you!   ;D

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:39:26 AM
How were you attacked?  Just trying to help you.  Wow, pretty defensive when someone is just trying to help you.  Why so sensitive?  You don't need to feel insecure or anything about it -- now you have another word to use and can even look up the meaning if you want.   ;D
Helping me how again? I wasn't asking for any help. Presumptive of you.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 02:40:27 AM
That is your measure? Dear me.. Here's an analogy..Olympic 100 metres champion who trains every day most of the day for the last three years against a club runner who has been running six months..I wonder who might be favourite?

But what about in two or three years?
Two or three years what?  I gave you a clear, detailed answer -- that's the best you have?  Seriously? 

Midnight in the Desert isn't going to be on the air in two or three years with her at the helm.  It will be lucky to last two or three weeks unless there is a significant change.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:42:36 AM
How is stating a fact making such an assumption . . . unless somehow facts threaten you?  Are you threatened by facts?  Is that it?  Do they make things tougher for you?  It's okay.  It's just a message board.  You don't have to feel insecure about these things.  Just focus more on the distinction between fact and opinion.  You can do it.  I am rooting for you!   ;D

You're very defensive aren't you? What are you attempting to do? C'mon, tell the room what it is that's bothering you; be brave.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 14, 2015, 02:44:13 AM
Helping me how again? I wasn't asking for any help. Presumptive of you.
Hey, when you see a drowning man, you just throw him a life preserver.  When you see someone without much vocabulary, you throw them some words.  And you give the link to the definition so he can look them up.  ;D

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 02:45:25 AM
You're very defensive aren't you? What are you attempting to do? C'mon, tell the room what it is that's bothering you; be brave.
Not at all.  All I've done is respond.  So, how about dealing with some of the questions posed to you?  What are you afraid of?  Having no answer?  You don't need to be afraid of that -- you've demonstrated that ably already.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:45:24 AM
Two or three years what?  I gave you a clear, detailed answer

Well, in your head sure. I'm not sure you're correct in that assertion though.

-- that's the best you have?  Seriously? 

You silly boy; I'm playing with you, lighten up.

Midnight in the Desert isn't going to be on the air in two or three years with her at the helm.  It will be lucky to last two or three weeks unless there is a significant change.

Why don't you put yourself forward for the gig then? You have all the answers; you seem to be able to tell everyone on this thread how much more everything you are. Surely broadcasting isn't a reach for your exemplary skill set?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:48:46 AM
Not at all.  All I've done is respond.  So, how about dealing with some of the questions posed to you?  What are you afraid of?  Having no answer?  You don't need to be afraid of that -- you've demonstrated that ably already.  ;D

Are you eating quickly right now? Manic grin on your face?

Niggardly. One of my favorites.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 02:48:54 AM
Well, in your head sure. I'm not sure you're correct in that assertion though.

You silly boy; I'm playing with you, lighten up.

Why don't you put yourself forward for the gig then? You have all the answers; you seem to be able to tell everyone on this thread how much more everything you are. Surely broadcasting isn't a reach for your exemplary skill set?
Haha, so once again, you're dodging stating what you believe is the measure of success.  You asked me.  I answered.  I asked you.  You shrink from the discussion.

Silly girl, I'll get a radio gig when you get a doctorate and a tenured faculty position somewhere to teach anything remotely resembling thinking and reasoning. When that happens, I guess we'll both be qualified to offer our opinions.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 02:53:18 AM
Niggardly. One of my favorites.

I can't explain why, but I like pentaprism.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 02:51:07 AM

Are you eating quickly right now? Manic grin on your face?
Still waiting for your answer.   ;D

BellBoy

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 14, 2015, 02:38:11 AM
I bet that shit ain't going to make it onto a syllabus.

I'll bet the bit where he comes back with. "I know you are, but what am I?" makes the cut though.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:56:50 AM
Haha, so once again, you're dodging stating what you believe is the measure of success.  You asked me.  I answered.  I asked you.  You shrink from the discussion.

Silly girl, I'll get a radio gig when you get a doctorate and a tenured faculty position somewhere to teach anything remotely resembling thinking and reasoning. When that happens, I guess we'll both be qualified to offer our opinions.  ;D

You're in education? Teaching? You teach thinking? As in indoctrination?

Does your average tutorial go along the lines of "This is what I think; it's correct. The end"

Gassy Man

Quote from: BellBoy on December 14, 2015, 02:57:35 AM
I'll bet the bit where he comes back with. "I know you are, but what am I?" makes the cut though.  ;)
I'll take that bet.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:57:22 AM
Still waiting for your answer.   ;D

Oh I'm a tease.... All the girls love me for it really.

You may have heard of them. Ask your students.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 02:59:03 AM
You're in education? Teaching? You teach thinking? As in indoctrination?

Does your average tutorial go along the lines of "This is what I think; it's correct. The end"
Keep dodging.  Post after post after post, and you still can't answer the question.  It's not that complicated -- you asked it originally.   ;D

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 03:00:00 AM

Oh I'm a tease.... All the girls love me for it really.

You may have heard of them. Ask your students.
Still not answering the question, lady.  Come on.  It's not that tough. Just pick a benchmark so we can see who's right down the line.  You can do that.  Show us some more of your high-power reasoning.  ;D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 02:56:51 AM
I can't explain why, but I like pentaprism.

When I read pentaprism, I immediately thought of priapism...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 03:00:20 AM
Keep dodging.  Post after post after post, and you still can't answer the question.  It's not that complicated -- you asked it originally.   ;D

It's getting your knickers in a wad isn't it? Nothing more frustrating than arguing with someone who won't argue eh?  ;D ;D

Gassy Man

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 14, 2015, 03:00:23 AM
Prove it.
You again?  Aren't you busy learning new words?  Or did you give up on that already?  ;D