• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

PathoJen

I've just started listening to U7 again, and I'm happy as shit.

nika01

Alright then,

Art has jumped the shark for me, and I wont be coming back ever. Have a nice life. Too bad it had to end this way.

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 07:19:40 PM
lol hate and discontent

Art has never wished me a Happy Birthday either!  ;)

norland2424

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 07:18:44 PM
Not after the comments he read about himself and Heather, on God Knows where.  I mean, I've read some nasty things since he's quit, but jeez. 

I don't know specifically why BellGab was started, but if not for anything else, wasn't it for people who listen to Art Bell? Or who want to discuss his show? That's why I came here. I certainly can't speak for anyone else. 

Over the years, when he wasn't on the air, I looked up "art bell forum" to see what I could come up with, to read the latest news. Just because.  I hoped maybe he had updates on a new show, or maybe he had another kid or whatever.  He may not have been very active online himself, but he would pop up now and then, from what I gathered. 

This whole thing is just beyond sad.  This is just another punch in the gut for those who don't come here looking for "truth" and "explanations".. I just came here to commiserate..

bellgab started as a George noory hate site lol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 07:16:44 PM
oh i know and i think we both know how this will play out

Hopefully 3-4 more quits before New Years? LOL

Ciardelo

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 19, 2015, 07:17:16 PM
Oppositional defiance, I like it. Where is that in the DSM (not that I can afford a copy)? It sounds like the multi-multisyllabic alternative to disagreeing.
I think it's something like that. I got called "oppositionly defiant" one time IRL (they were kidding) (well i hope they were) and it just stuck in my head...and today, Dec 19, 2015 I get to use it :)

Bye, Art.

hope you figure yourself out.

Philosopher

If one dutifully and cleanly severs all logic from their thought processes, all recent events with Art make perfect sense.  If, however, even a smattering of logic is applied to the events as described, one is doomed to cast darkness upon darkness, as the light is ill-defined here. 

Mental health dictates that we embrace our long-earned love for Art Bell within an adult level of critical thinking, and, as one book chapter inevitably gives way to another, accept the Conclusion, as sweet or bitter as it may be individually perceived.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 07:21:50 PM
bellgab started as a George noory hate site lol

shows what I know. I've only been a member since March, and rarely posted til MITD came on the air.

BellBoy

Quote from: nika01 on December 19, 2015, 07:21:46 PM
Alright then,

Art has jumped the shark for me, and I wont be coming back ever. Have a nice life. Too bad it had to end this way.

:-*  :-*

PathoJen

Not to be insensitive, but I miss Ramona. She was the woman behind the man, back in the day. Art's wife now obviously doesn't want him doing the show. I think that's a huge part of Art leaving.

Quote from: coaster on December 19, 2015, 07:15:17 PM
whats the ratio of hateful posts to new member/trolls?
I'd say the majority of original gabbers are Art supporters, and it's obvious as hell. Just read this thread before the bullshit started. I have seen some hateful posts. posted by trolls. So who gives a damn what they have to say?
A troll posts a shitty message on Art's facebook, a page dedicated to the kissing of Art's ass. One troll. Better take your ball and go home Art. Make those real fans disappointed. Thats how to get back at trolls..... ::)

Couldn't agree with you more, man.  I am a huge fan of Art but I have to say that he probably should not have been coming to forums and social media sites after the latest drama if he can't handle the heat.  There is a lot of hate for Art Bell out here.  Idiots who think he killed Ramona etc, etc.

I'm a big fan of Art but his melodramatic hissy fits get a bit old.  I understand the heat of anger that he may feel after reading some comments. That is normal and expected but he really needs to cool down before he says something that he might later regret.

Quote from: Zenman on December 19, 2015, 07:20:05 PM
The FB and 4chan ones are worse, but we've been catching up.

I call bullshit on that. Very few have reamed Art, just for the sake of reaming him. He said today he could "hold his own"... I think he ment "fold like a lawnchair."  :)

coaster

He should start selling a line of Art Bell brand shovels, because that man sure can dig himself a hole.
boom, still got it.

BellBoy

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2015, 07:26:26 PM
      Couldn't agree with you more, man.  I am a huge fan of Art but I have to say that he probably should not have been coming to forums and social media sites after the latest drama if he can't handle the heat.  There is a lot of hate for Art Bell out here.  Idiots who think he killed Ramona etc, etc.

I'm a big fan of Art but his melodramatic hissy fits gets a bit old.  I understand the heat of anger that he may feel after reading some comments. That is normal and expected but he really needs to cool down before he says something that he might later regret.

He's still working on that one.  ;)

Quote from: PathoJen on December 19, 2015, 07:25:53 PM
Not to be insensitive, but I miss Ramona. She was the woman behind the man, back in the day. Art's wife now obviously doesn't want him doing the show. I think that's a huge part of Art leaving.

That's a profound thought that rings true. I believe there's more to this story than we'll ever know. Something's not right and Art's obviously not happy. I hope things work out for him.

henge0stone

Gonna miss ya Art, thanks for the radio greatness.

Art's probably under a lot of stress right now and bellgab isn't exactly the best remedy for that.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: coaster on December 19, 2015, 07:01:07 PM
for thinking it wasn't passive aggressive and that I was wrong in my assumption, you sure are getting defensive about it. twit.

She sounds more annoyed than defensive, IMO. People generally dislike being remotely diagnosed with characteristics of a personality disorder by people they've never met, based on very questionable evidence. It's hard sometimes to avoid playing doctor, but it's well worth it.

trostol

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 19, 2015, 06:55:37 PM
You're more overdramatic than a 13 year old girl. I should know I was once an overdramatic 13 year old.  This is bellgab a site that is mean as fuck to people like George Noory or that Falkie guy (among others). You caused all of this drama yourself and fucked over A LOT of people over a possible fire cracker. What do you expect to happen on Bellgab?

i think i now love Darth lol

henge0stone

Quote from: MaxGravy on December 19, 2015, 07:29:02 PM
That's a profound thought that rings true. I believe there's more to this story than we'll ever know. Something's not right and Art's obviously not happy. I hope things work out for him.

maybe some weirdo is stalking him and his family and stressing him the fuck out.

Just Me

Alrighty than, Heathers the shooter and Art just figured it out and it was to much for his mind so he quit his last bastion to humanity

Ciardelo

Quote from: rekcuf on December 19, 2015, 07:28:26 PM
I call bullshit on that. Very few have reamed Art, just for the sake of reaming him. He said today he could "hold his own"... I think he ment "fold like a lawnchair."  :)
yeah...well...the man is old now.

coaster

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2015, 07:26:26 PM

I'm a big fan of Art but his melodramatic hissy fits gets a bit old.  I understand the heat of anger that he may feel after reading some comments. That is normal and expected but he really needs to cool down before he says something that he might later regret.
yeah.you know..I have listened to Art since the early 90's. I was still a teenager for fuck sake. I grew up listening to the guy. I supported his show, helped with the big art bell social media blitz thing. watched the startups, the quitting. the drama. I'm plum exhausted. Sad that his fans cared more than he ever did. ah well, things change and evolve. thankfully we got the old 90's shows floating around the net. the good old days.

Art has finally lost his marbles. Cancelled my Time Traveler sub too.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 19, 2015, 07:30:28 PM
She sounds more annoyed than defensive, IMO. People generally dislike being remotely diagnosed with characteristics of a personality disorder by people they've never met, based on very questionable evidence. It's hard sometimes to avoid playing doctor, but it's well worth it.
Oh I like to play doctor!

csummers

Quote from: henge0stone on December 19, 2015, 07:29:31 PM
Gonna miss ya Art, thanks for the radio greatness.

Art's probably under a lot of stress right now and bellgab isn't exactly the best remedy for that.

but he seems to thrive on drama to some extent. Where is he gonna go that he gets the kind of attention he can get here or on facebook? he wants to leave but the payoff is the drama and he feeds off of it in my opinion. He can get his fix here easy.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 03:03:17 PM

I am still a Bell Gabber and not sorry I picked this site, I don't like easy and I don't like suck up's so I prefer it here and can hold my own.

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 06:35:29 PM

At this point after reading some of the awful things said about Heather and myself I have had enough, I am not coming back to Bell Gab and after a short time of letting that reward sink in I will disable my FB site as well.

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 03:03:17 PM

I am well aware I burned bridges

No shit.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: PathoJen on December 19, 2015, 07:20:46 PM
I've just started listening to U7 again, and I'm happy as shit.

I'm gonna have a cry or two, and do the same.  Night.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 19, 2015, 07:30:37 PM
i think i now love Darth lol

lol im telling ya shes a demon in female form.