• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

MTB

Connie is growing on me, I've liked her past few shows.

expat

Thumbs down on last night. The guest had one of those donald duck style voices and Connie was hesitant and generally naff.

Oh, ignore me... I just hate real estate talk, that's all.

Quote from: zeebo on October 04, 2015, 01:32:39 AM
Bummer, I was going to dub the weekend Conniepalooza.  Well I'll just keep that on reserve for the right time.

There's no need to wait.  Conniepalooza is a state of mind you can experience whenever you wish!

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on October 04, 2015, 01:32:39 AM
Bummer, I was going to dub the weekend Conniepalooza.  Well I'll just keep that on reserve for the right time.

:) :) :) :) :).....she didn't giggle as much last night.  That was refreshing!

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 04, 2015, 02:17:49 PM
There's no need to wait.  Conniepalooza is a state of mind you can experience whenever you wish!

Haha, thanks for the reminder RGG.  I feel liberated!

Quote from: popple on October 02, 2015, 09:19:04 PM
LONG LIVE KWEEN CONNIE!
===================================
Allo!
still with you i am.
Not smokin' but thinkin' about Konnie.
Looked at the photo late in thread.
Listened to most of dialogu about the KKecksburgh Krash hypothesis of an obsolete spy-type mission that had trouble,yet scrubbed from public record.
Not convinced.
Story un-corroborated at Wright Field of radioactivity behind glass-lead brick wall.
And the allegation of an doa body of an odd kkritter could be an prank or truth.
Any-way,i share the feeling that Mz.W is still my fave femme hostess with the mostess',a la Pearl Mesta.
Put her in the driver's seat,i like her mucho.
The house-frau-bombed-on-kooking-sherry persona i can deal with vs.grimmer attitudes of the macho kkrowd hosts...
Viva La Femme.
"B_B"

pate

Quote from: MTB on October 04, 2015, 01:39:28 AM
Connie is growing on me, I've liked her past few shows.

She doesn't even have to giggle anymore...

Uncle Duke

For those who didn't listen to Connie last night, you missed the first appearance of a caller I'm convinced has the potential to become the "Bill the AAA from West Hartford" of the ghosthunter/afterlife set.  Guy's name is Crayton (from Seattle?), and he was the last caller of the night.  The guest was a paranormal investigator named Huff who specializes in the use of various "ghost boxes", he spent the better part of his three hours playing EVP-type clips he'd recorded from several state-of-the-art boxes.  (Editorial comment--Most of the clips were beyond hokey.)  Crayton exhibited many of the same traits that have made Bill a C2C crowd pleaser, including the rapid fire staccato delivery of utterly senseless points and self promotion.  I'm thinking the guy's a keeper, hope he comes back when ever a spook chaser is a C2C guest.  He will be a great call for George.

Juan

But is he a bifurcated expert? Bill is both an astronomer and an athiest. As well as amateur, but I'm taking amateur as an adjective.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Juan on November 15, 2015, 04:32:43 PM
But is he a bifurcated expert? Bill is both an astronomer and an athiest. As well as amateur, but I'm taking amateur as an adjective.

Crayton claimed to have a masters degree in psychology and work as a mental health counselor, but apparently he's had his share of ghostly encounters.  He sounded more mental patient than counselor to me, but what do I know. 

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2015, 05:07:22 PM
Crayton claimed to have a masters degree in psychology and work as a mental health counselor, but apparently he's had his share of ghostly encounters.  He sounded more mental patient than counselor to me, but what do I know.
Ha! I will now listen to this program, or at least FFW towards the end. Anyone that can be compared with Bill the AAA is a caller to hear indeed. I also like the other frequent caller Bill (or is it "Will" from Madison, I think) whose spiel/theory/conjecture always involves the Finns and Finnish-Urgic languages in elaborate ways. I once tried to look up one of his references and it was legit but one of those bizarre, small, specialized paper on some language semantic issue in an academic journal. He talks in such a fashion that I can't ever get his references and hosts frequently cut him off.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on November 15, 2015, 06:30:23 PM
Ha! I will now listen to this program, or at least FFW towards the end. Anyone that can be compared with Bill the AAA is a caller to hear indeed. I also like the other frequent caller Bill (or is it "Will" from Madison, I think) whose spiel/theory/conjecture always involves the Finns and Finnish-Urgic languages in elaborate ways. I once tried to look up one of his references and it was legit but one of those bizarre, small, specialized paper on some language semantic issue in an academic journal. He talks in such a fashion that I can't ever get his references and hosts frequently cut him off.

Yes, I enjoy him as well.  Then there's the guy who always calls in on Bible-related shows ranting about the Priesthood of Melchizedek.  He had some epic calls with Ian back in the day, although I still don't know what is point is.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2015, 06:39:46 PM
Yes, I enjoy him as well.  Then there's the guy who always calls in on Bible-related shows ranting about the Priesthood of Melchizedek.  He had some epic calls with Ian back in the day, although I still don't know what is point is.
I recall a few of those. And "Suleman" who was always going to sue him. Thing about Ian was that he had degrees/education in that kind of stuff so could 'give back' or even deny as good as a caller/guest could give out. My only issue with Ian was, especially towards end of tenure, was getting a little sick of the 'Bible experts" callers, 'end times', and the crazy guests, like Quayle, and would shut them down with doctrine, history, mainstream interpretation of Scripture, etc before all the crazy came out of the caller/guest. But on a good day he was pretty good. I want someone to make an archive of his stuff but...they don't even replay on air. He even was good the time they let him do the New Year predictions. Some epic ones: "King Midas is in palladium and is coming back," "Small creatures, like beavers and squirrels in a park in Canada will start attacking people and it will spread" etc. And he interacted with them great. And who can forget "Jason The Horse?"
ps: Priesthood Of Melchizedek is important in the Jewish/Christian/Catholic/Mormon faith- a priestly "line" so that authority of Priests can be 'proved' by tracking-back to him. It can be convoluted and theories differ, because there were some other lines etc.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on November 15, 2015, 07:08:29 PM
I recall a few of those. And "Suleman" who was always going to sue him. Thing about Ian was that he had degrees/education in that kind of stuff so could 'give back' or even deny as good as a caller/guest could give out. My only issue with Ian was, especially towards end of tenure, was getting a little sick of the 'Bible experts" callers, 'end times', and the crazy guests, like Quayle, and would shut them down with doctrine, history, mainstream interpretation of Scripture, etc before all the crazy came out of the caller/guest. But on a good day he was pretty good. I want someone to make an archive of his stuff but...they don't even replay on air. He even was good the time they let him do the New Year predictions. Some epic ones: "King Midas is in palladium and is coming back," "Small creatures, like beavers and squirrels in a park in Canada will start attacking people and it will spread" etc. And he interacted with them great. And who can forget "Jason The Horse?"
ps: Priesthood Of Melchizedek is important in the Jewish/Christian/Catholic/Mormon faith- a priestly "line" so that authority of Priests can be 'proved' by tracking-back to him. It can be convoluted and theories differ, because there were some other lines etc.

Thanks.  I know the significance of the Priesthood, I meant I can never figure out what the caller's point is in bringing it up.  Is he claiming he's off the lineage?

Ian remains my favorite C2C host of all time, more so because of the wide range of topics he covered (well) than being better/worse than any of the other hosts.  I especially appreciated the skill with which he went after the pseudo-intellectuals and posers C2C tends to attract.  He ate them alive, and did it so adroitly many of them didn't even realized he'd exposed them.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2015, 10:09:20 PM
Thanks.  I know the significance of the Priesthood, I meant I can never figure out what the caller's point is in bringing it up.  Is he claiming he's off the lineage?

Ian remains my favorite C2C host of all time, more so because of the wide range of topics he covered (well) than being better/worse than any of the other hosts.  I especially appreciated the skill with which he went after the pseudo-intellectuals and posers C2C tends to attract.  He ate them alive, and did it so adroitly many of them didn't even realized he'd exposed them.
Yep. I reckoned you did Uncle but for others I figured I'd explain, a bit about the priestly lineage controversies. I love Art, of course. But love Ian also because as you say he would call them out, and had the knowledge and scholarship to do so. He wouldn't always...but when they started off too far he would not hesitate to destroy them (even if they didn't know it, as you mention! Which was hilarious. It was like some good boxer sparring with a neophyte. Usually just let him get some punches in and whatever, but if he got a good shot in, or started talking too much, would just lay him out. Classic. I don't buy all of Ian's ecumenical stuff but liked when guest/caller was dumbfounded or clueless by his replies or explanations. I think, though, he got sick of it. I know he blamed his ears, and I'm not saying that wasn't an issue, but also he got sick of the same old "Bible" "Tribulation" "2012" etc crap.)
ps: re: The Priesthood guy. Was he from KeyWest, or somewhere down there, perhaps? I seem to recall some caller who would claim he was of the 'line' but, other weirdness involved (lost his fortune), but I recall KeyWest or FLA?

trostol

does she giggle like crazy?

Nebraska888

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2015, 10:09:20 PM

I miss Ian......yep, he was brilliant.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on November 17, 2015, 01:19:55 PM
I miss Ian......yep, he was brilliant.

I had to look past his obsession with serial killers and his corny jokes, but I did find some of his shows the most memorable on c2c.  He's a pretty bright guy and did his research so, yeah, imho one of the better hosts overall.

Now, let's get this thread back on topic.  Connie Fever.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on November 17, 2015, 06:04:28 PM
I had to look past his obsession with serial killers and his corny jokes, but I did find some of his shows the most memorable on c2c.  He's a pretty bright guy and did his research so, yeah, imho one of the better hosts overall.

Now, let's get this thread back on topic.  Connie Fever.

Gotcha!  You're right!  She still bugs me.....and, her first moments with Travis Walton were like a teenager going gaga over a teen rock star.  However, she IS STILL BETTER THAN NOORY!  I am not a huge fan of Willis.  However, since Art isn't on sometimes while she hosts, I'll listen......especially if I like her topic/guest.

zeebo

Connie's filling in tonite.  She's talkin Bigfoot with Bobo. 

Quote from: zeebo on November 21, 2015, 01:46:32 AM
Connie's filling in tonite.  She's talkin Bigfoot with Bobo.

Nobody expects the unscheduled Conniepalooza!

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 21, 2015, 02:30:44 AM
Nobody expects the unscheduled Conniepalooza!

You got it - that's all part of it's freewheelin', unpredictable charm.  Kinda like when you're gonna make microwave nachos, and then, wham, quesadilla.

pate

Mild, Hot, Fire or Awesome Sauce?

Uncle Duke

Bobo is either a moron or a bigtime stoner, terrible guest.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on November 21, 2015, 03:31:20 AM
You got it - that's all part of it's freewheelin', unpredictable charm.  Kinda like when you're gonna make microwave nachos, and then, wham, quesadilla.
Squirrels eat nachos?  Who knew.

Just Me

Connie in her giggly voice says to bobo, they call you bobo the babbler. How awkward and a kick to the nuts of bobo.

b_dubb

Connie's nickname at her sorority is Bongzilla so she and Bobo should get along FAB

zeebo

Just in case anyone's curious, the word "interdimensional" did come up in last nite's sasquatch discussion.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Just Me on November 21, 2015, 11:24:15 AM
Connie in her giggly voice says to bobo, they call you bobo the babbler. How awkward and a kick to the nuts of bobo.

God help me.   :o

Quote from: b_dubb on November 21, 2015, 11:53:29 AM
Connie's nickname at her sorority is Bongzilla so she and Bobo should get along FAB
======================================
'Allo!
With you am i yet.
Listened perforce to the milleu of 'THE BOBO',film incidently,an komedy x peter sellars long ago...
Thought he and konnie well suited to this dialogue.
Konnie's personal comments about her own past close-like semi-encounters with big-foot/sasquatch-like kritters during the dark hours in some past summer kamp existence..
SEEMED Authentic,not faked,to i.
Convinced me,She's still better hostess than others,excepting,one man.
Mr.Fay,name suggests genetic ancestry links to various beasts from "WoodeWode's"{Look it up}to usual Sidhe Gaelic Suspects.
Apprecciated i his story about the phantom-like incident of the spooky shadowy sasquatch.
"B_B"
PS:Sorry,NO Logo:
"7VF"