• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Evelyn "the witch" Paglini

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, November 16, 2008, 07:53:28 PM

Do you think Evelyn Paglini is...

A self-absorbed fake moron
34 (31.8%)
Somewhat interesting, but generally annoying and totally fake.
18 (16.8%)
Truly interesting, but probably fake.
23 (21.5%)
She isn't fake. She's for real, and a good guest!
21 (19.6%)
A demonic witch. Don't listen to her shows or you might turn into a gremlin.
11 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 106

I fucking hate Evelyn Paglini's shows. No offense to pagans or wiccans or whatever but I think all this incense burning magic candle protection bullshit is absolutely retarded. Plus I really hate her voice. I know that's low and aesthetic. but I just can't stand it. Why did Art even bother to have this woman on? Her solution to everything involves god damn candles and oils. *slams head into wall*  >:(

Spikegirl

I'm not sure how I feel about her. She and Sylvia Brown have the same voice. I like Sylvia, her now infamous misses on 2 high profile cases not withstanding. I don't think it's possible for a psychic to be 100% right all of the time, and when you are under pressure to make a prediction on the spot, it must be hard. You go with your instinct, but that may be wrong if you are not really 'feeling' it. I have some of her books and I've enjoyed reading them.

I think Art's wife was a practising witch, which is probably how he got sucked into the whole thing. I am not sure if his former wife knew Evelyn. I'm under the impression that she did. Anyway, I don't like anything to do with the occult, so I am not into her, but she is interesting, at the very least.

Quote from: Spikegirl on November 16, 2008, 07:59:27 PM
I don't like anything to do with the occult, so I am not into her, but she is interesting, at the very least.

I agree, except for the interesting part. I think she's just kind of repetitive and dull. Like, last night I went to a birthday party for a friend of a friend who happens to be a practicing witch. Her girlfriend (they're lesbians, by the way) is also a practicing witch. Anyways, everyone was outside and they were talking about burning protection candles, and wealth candles, and all that stuff. I just looked at my other friend and kinda rolled my eyes. I just don't buy it. Preachy outspoken pagans/wiccans don't seem to realize that to the average practical and logical atheist or agnostic, they're as annoying as evangelical christians. Nothing ever has a simple, logical, Ockham's Razor-style explanation with them. It's always 'oh, this car crash must have happened because I forgot to light my 7-day protection candle this week" or "it must be someone sending evil intention spells towards me". It's truly as silly, IMO, as saying "oh well I just didn't pray to God hard enough" or "my guardian angel must have done it" or whatever. But I guess I'm just ranting my own grievances at this point.  :-\

Frys Girl

I love polls!!! I never met a poll I didn't like! Thanks Pirate :)

Caruthers612

...a shriveled, cigarette hauling old hag who long ago found a schtick she could make some money with? Yes. Definitely.
        As oy've said aforetime on these pages, with so many interesting, legitimate witches, Wiccans, pagans, druids, frog salad experts and moribund fallopian salesmen out there, why Art settled on Evelyn has always been a mystery to me.

M

EvB

QuoteI like Sylvia, her now infamous misses on 2 high profile cases not withstanding. I don't think it's possible for a psychic to be 100% right all of the time, and when you are under pressure to make a prediction on the spot, it must be hard.

Well - it's true that nothing is 100% - but the problem with Sylvia IMO - is that she tried to make it sound like she was RIGHT when after the fact, she was obviously wrong.  A typical huckster trick.

Jenny Haniver

The first couple of times she was on with Art I liked her- even her voice.  If I'm going to listen to a witch on the radio in the middle of the night I don't want her to sound like Snow White.  :)

If I was a witch I'd want to be strega like her and not a wiccan.  Wicca just seems so boring.  It reminds me of when Leela from Futurama decided she wanted to be a witch in the Wizard of Oz parody episode.  She said,  "...And be a witch like you? Yeah, alright. As long as I get to hurt people and not just dance around at the equinox."  :) 

I agree, her 'predictions' weren't very accurate.  She's better than Ed Dames, though.  ;)

Spikegirl

Quote from: Jenny Haniver on November 17, 2008, 01:57:44 PM
The first couple of times she was on with Art I liked her- even her voice.  If I'm going to listen to a witch on the radio in the middle of the night I don't want her to sound like Snow White.  :)

If I was a witch I'd want to be strega like her and not a wiccan.  Wicca just seems so boring.  It reminds me of when Leela from Futurama decided she wanted to be a witch in the Wizard of Oz parody episode.  She said,  "...And be a witch like you? Yeah, alright. As long as I get to hurt people and not just dance around at the equinox."  :) 

I agree, her 'predictions' weren't very accurate.  She's better than Ed Dames, though.  ;)

Well, anyone is better than Ed Dames. ; )

I am wondering if you have Sylvia and Evelyn mixed up. They both have the same voice, but Sylvia is the psychic. I don't know if you remember some little boy who went missing for awhile, then escaped his captor. When the police went to catch the man who had kept him hostage for so long, they found another little boy who had been missing for a few years. One time on Montel's show, Sylvia told his family that the boy ( the one police found) had been killed and told the family where his body was. It turns out she was wrong.

She was also wrong in saying that the miners that were buried in the coal mine January '06 were going to be found alive. All but one of the 13 was found dead. She was on the air when she made her prediction and also when they were found.

Paglini is the one who predicted a whole bunch of suspicious fires in California last year. She was right, however, there seem to be fires in CA every year, so who really knows?

EvB

QuoteI am wondering if you have Sylvia and Evelyn mixed up. They both have the same voice, but Sylvia is the psychic.

I was wondering the same thing.  They both bother me to death, but Art said he trusted Evelyn Paglini and I must say she seems to have some humility and heart.  Sylvia Brown, OTOH - is a con artist IMHO - pure and simple.

Jenny Haniver

Oops, you guys were talking about Sylvia being wrong and I still had Evelyn on the brain from listening to a couple of her shows with Art last night. He introduced her as a 'real witch', a parapsychologist and a psychic, among other things.   She predicted more terrorist attacks on the U.S. that never materialized.  I do remember her predicting the fires on another show, though.  They DO have serious fires in CA every year.  My family lives out there and always emails me pics of the latest fire.

"Sylvia Brown, OTOH - is a con artist IMHO - pure and simple."  Couldn't agree with you more, Ev.  :)  I remember the missing boy/miner gaffes too, Spikegirl.  She really should have retired years ago. 

Sybil

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 16, 2008, 08:24:23 PM
I agree, except for the interesting part. I think she's just kind of repetitive and dull. Like, last night I went to a birthday party for a friend of a friend who happens to be a practicing witch. Her girlfriend (they're lesbians, by the way) is also a practicing witch. Anyways, everyone was outside and they were talking about burning protection candles, and wealth candles, and all that stuff. I just looked at my other friend and kinda rolled my eyes. I just don't buy it. Preachy outspoken pagans/wiccans don't seem to realize that to the average practical and logical atheist or agnostic, they're as annoying as evangelical christians. Nothing ever has a simple, logical, Ockham's Razor-style explanation with them. It's always 'oh, this car crash must have happened because I forgot to light my 7-day protection candle this week" or "it must be someone sending evil intention spells towards me". It's truly as silly, IMO, as saying "oh well I just didn't pray to God hard enough" or "my guardian angel must have done it" or whatever. But I guess I'm just ranting my own grievances at this point.  :-\

You are exactly right!!!

I spent 2 weeks in Salem,Ma. last fall, and popped in this fall to visit some friends there.

The Witch scene there,  jeeze, what a bunch of posers!....capitalistic harlots.

Please don't get me started.

We went to the Official Salem Witches Ball $175.00 per person. Included nothing with the ticket, in the tiniest venue.....no where to sit, and horrible music. Oh! And did I mention the cutsie fucking balloon sculpture as a backdrop for the band? Yeah, balloons.None of them black. Horrors! Now that was sCaRy!!!! It was SO LAME we only stayed 20-30min. tops. Yeah.....Organized by this male "witch", Christian Day who just so happened to be a guest on C2C with George this past July, I believe it was. Christian said it's OK to buy witchcraft supplies at Walmart. Right. Don't think I'm making that up because I'm not! It's pitiful really. We know witches aren't real, but if they were, they wouldn't buy their supplies at Walmart or have balloons at their parties.

Here's a pic of the *Witch House*, from the Witch's Memorial and Burial Hill Cemetery.
And looking back at the cemetery and memorial.
The loud generator you see in the pic provides the power to light up the cemetery at night. sheesh.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sybil on December 01, 2008, 12:47:10 AM
Christian said it's OK to buy witchcraft supplies at Walmart. Right. Don't think I'm making that up because I'm not! It's pitiful really. We know witches aren't real, but if they were, they wouldn't buy their supplies at Walmart or have balloons at their parties.
i wonder if their witch supplies (styrofoam cups and bowls, paper plates, straws, etc.) are name brand dixie, or sam's choice brand.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 16, 2008, 07:53:28 PM
No offense to pagans or wiccans or whatever but...
no need to qualify your statement, my friend.

EvB

QuoteChristian said it's OK to buy witchcraft supplies at Walmart.

To be fair- I think his point was it's not the item but why it symbolizes to you - AND you don't need to go spending $10 on one red candle when you can get a dozen for the same price.

Not an endorsement - just a "Devil's Advocate" POV

Sybil

Quote from: EvB on December 02, 2008, 01:54:32 PM
To be fair- I think his point was it's not the item but why it symbolizes to you - AND you don't need to go spending $10 on one red candle when you can get a dozen for the same price.

Not an endorsement - just a "Devil's Advocate" POV
I know this man and he's no witch.

He's a marketing wizard. Plain and simple.

And has changed his chant.

Since that show, he's opened his own shop selling his own brand of VERY expensive red candles.

He has fun, running around town 24-7 in his cape and pointy hat.

EvB

Quote from: Sybil on December 03, 2008, 03:50:30 PM

I know this man and he's no witch.

He's a marketing wizard. Plain and simple.

And has changed his chant.

Since that show, he's opened his own shop selling his own brand of VERY expensive red candles.

He has fun, running around town 24-7 in his cape and pointy hat.

I can just see it.

Love to know what "special blessing ingredients" his candles have to make them worht the price.  ;D

EvB

In style, if not actual substance, he's very muchhow I'd picutured him from his voice.  I expected someone a tad more wiry, and not quite so "Boy George" in his flamboyance - still, more or less what I'd pictured.

Ev

Sybil

Quote from: EvB on December 04, 2008, 09:18:08 PM
In style, if not actual substance, he's very muchhow I'd picutured him from his voice.  I expected someone a tad more wiry, and not quite so "Boy George" in his flamboyance - still, more or less what I'd pictured.

Ev
And oh god is he a whiney thing.

He'll slap you down with text messages.

Worse than any spell he can pretend to conjure.

NightOwl

New contender for irritating 'raspy' voice aka Alex Jones. I dunno, .. alot of these predictions aren't really that hard to come up
with.. fires, check. weather changes for the worse, check. murders in schools, people on edge, displacement of thousands of people,
check. Fires in states, massive storms off coast, check. Come on, things are getting worse both financially and weather and wars
and tension with government ... "war with mexico(cartels)". Sorry, but none of this hard to come up with based on our current situation
here and around the world. Oh, and raise in consciousness ... ho hum, how many ppl have already been saying this and we already
know people are waking up to how the world is being run by a mafia style world government of a few? .. and the brain evolves, check.

well, it's good to hear Art again at least. Evelyn's not on facebook ;(  (maybe i missed it)  i had to google it, cause i'm not on
facebook and they force ya to sign up to peruse users or check george's friends list (yup, found him)

Art, the fires! The fires, Art, the fires! The fires, Art! The fires!

I prefer guests with well thought out belief systems. She is more of the 'say whatever random crap comes to mind' school of guest.

I always picture her as the woman who used her looks to be the center of attention in her youth and now that she is older still craves attention and uses witchcraft to keep everyone looking at her. I picture her in some crappy bar, surrounded by adoring losers, rasping her wisdom with a glass of cheap draft beer and a pack of Tareyton ciggarettes on the bar in front of her.

(I realize my picture may have no relation to reality but that's what I think of every time I hear her sandpaper voice spouting pointless advice).

NightOwl

Oh there WAS a Paglini page already ahaha, i was looking for one and thought there had to be but made new post anyways oops.
Well, that pic sounds pretty close with the pack of cigarettes(or strong cigars, woo'ing guys on lol) Personally, i'd pad her down to find any weird herbs on her before sitting down next to her.. don't wanna wake up with a giant wart on my ass that consumes me over time cause
she read my charlatan expose'   ... FIRES! FIRES! bahahaha

Are there any pics of her? Can't find any. MySpace says she's only 43  :'(

NightOwl

No luck either >< maybe it's taboo for witches to post their pics, errr.. i mean REAL ones. I did find 28 google image pages
on pope benedict xvi though!!! 28!!!  Paglini - zero, zip, zilch, nada

EvB

I could have sworn I had seem a picture of her once - but could not find any on the web.

She bugs me - but what bus me MORE is how sincerely interested in and impressed by her Art seems to be.  GEEEEEEZE . . .

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on September 27, 2010, 12:25:23 AM
Are there any pics of her? Can't find any. MySpace says she's only 43  :'(

Dr. Evelyn Paglini.

ShelliesMom

Quote from: Spikegirl on November 16, 2008, 07:59:27 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about her. She and Sylvia Brown have the same voice. I like Sylvia, her now infamous misses on 2 high profile cases not withstanding. I don't think it's possible for a psychic to be 100% right all of the time, and when you are under pressure to make a prediction on the spot, it must be hard. You go with your instinct, but that may be wrong if you are not really 'feeling' it. I have some of her books and I've enjoyed reading them.

I think Art's wife was a practising witch, which is probably how he got sucked into the whole thing. I am not sure if his former wife knew Evelyn. I'm under the impression that she did. Anyway, I don't like anything to do with the occult, so I am not into her, but she is interesting, at the very least.

Spikegirl,  I thought the same thing re: her and Sylvia Browne!  To add to the confusion, there aren't any pictures of Evelyn on the net that I'm aware of...hmmmm.

No offense, but I can't stand that Sylvia Browne.  I caught about 5 minutes of her one time on Montel Williams, and I almost threw up.  She kept licking her fake nails (yes, she did) and was rude to the audience, imo.   It sure was great to have Art at the helm though.

ShelliesMom

Quote from: EvB on September 27, 2010, 02:41:53 PM

I could have sworn I had seem a picture of her once - but could not find any on the web.

She bugs me - but what bus me MORE is how sincerely interested in and impressed by her Art seems to be.  GEEEEEEZE . . .

Sorry, EvB, I didn't read through the whole thread; didn't know you already mentioned the picture thing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on September 27, 2010, 02:41:53 PM

yeah, it really is a bit much, isn't it.