• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Alex Jones

Started by Frys Girl, April 07, 2009, 08:57:10 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 17, 2013, 11:35:55 AM
So who do you all think IS listening to Jones and finding him credible? 

Looking on his forum website a great many are inarticulate red necks. I shouldn't be surprised if most have a limited education and/or life experiences and simply hang onto what 'uncle' Alex tells them to think and believe, because they don't have anything to compare it with other than other conspiracy nutjobs.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 17, 2013, 12:19:23 PM

Looking on his forum website a great many are inarticulate red necks. I shouldn't be surprised if most have a limited education and/or life experiences and simply hang onto what 'uncle' Alex tells them to think and believe, because they don't have anything to compare it with other than other conspiracy nutjobs.
People on the margins. Nobody with anything going on in their life could possibly take this jackass seriously. Extremist movements exploit this low hanging fruit.

Well, we do have in this country a nearly 90-year history of radio personalities with cult followings.  Father Coughlin began broadcasting in 1926.  Some people seem to need to turn to a voice of authority on the radio who can tell them what to do and believe.

It's curious -- I've heard some people say that "mega-dittos" is an unthinking response by uncritical people to Limbaugh's words.  Others insist it is not a complete endorsement of everything Rush says and that they are thinking, informed people.  I don't know about all of you, but there are very few or no people with whom I agree on everything.  Jones' listeners really do, I guess, eat up everything he spews out on his show.

ziznak

You guys gotta hear Alex call in to OnA today...
http://gregorioantonioyimmy.blogspot.com/
its a little after 2 hours in... he says he was up all night doing coast to coast... and then he says some other shit that tops his coast appearance.  He really eats these disasters up.

Sleepwalker

Now that the suspects have been identified, a couple of brothers from Eastern Europe,  where does Douchebag Jones go with his theory that the Boston Bomb Squad/FBI/TSA perpetrated the bombings?  Also, do you think Jones actually believes this crap he puts out (which would make him paranoid and delusional) or is he the P.T. Barnum of the 21st Century?  Just a huckster who manipulates stupid people to earn a good living for himself?

RedMichael

It is impossible for him to believe what he says.

If he is as important as his viewers think he is to exposing the conspiracies of government. And he just said the government is behind this bombing, then wouldn't the government want to shut down his website and show? If so, then by his own logic, since they could pull off things like the Boston bombing then they should be able to handle pulling his show off the air correct?

So in short, the fact that Jones is on the air, is the truest argument against what he says.

Sleepwalker

The Los Angeles Times has a great editorial on Alex Jones and "his angry gaggle of paranoiac followers."   It's accompanied by a great cartoon showing Jones climbing out of a sewer with a bunch of rats.  Take a look.  http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-alex-jones-20130418,0,1322244.story

Sardondi

Quote from: Sleepwalker on April 19, 2013, 07:14:55 AM..Also, do you think Jones actually believes this crap he puts out (which would make him paranoid and delusional) or is he the P.T. Barnum of the 21st Century?  Just a huckster who manipulates stupid people to earn a good living for himself?
I don't there's any question he believes it. I occasionally came across his type of "more-patriotic-than-thou" loons when I prosecuted various "Patriot Network" tax protesters. These are people who try to turn understanding our Constitution and laws into something impossible for average Americans, and instead make it so difficult and obscure that it takes a lifetime of study and scholarship akin to that of talmudic rabbis to understand it. They make a fetish of the Constitution, twisting its plain meaning and the obvious intent of the founders into some kind of kabbalistic, arcana, known only to the few blessed with True Understanding. (And before you go off down a rabbit trail, they resemble Tea Partiers in absolutely no way. Tax Protesters pretend otherwise but they actually hate America, and think it is only for a handful of true believers blessed with the correct understanding of our laws.) Some actually argue that there is an unwritten "true" Constitution, which of course doesn't include "unconstitutional" and "illegally amended" additions to the Bill of Rights, such as the 16th Amendment - Federal Income Tax.

Because when you get down to it, all their ritual and worship of some mysterious Constitution, with their bizarre interpretations and explanations, is just to get around paying taxes. That's all it is. They dress it up as a near religion just to give it some nobility, but it's all about these fuckers don't want to pay any taxes. None. Zilch. And they will make the most convoluted and strained arguments over the most minor of points - and every minor point. Being with a Tax Protester and listening to their screed is most like being in a room with a Chinese Communist or North Korean interrogator during the Korean War, or North Vietnamese interrogator during the Vietnam War. They are that dogmatic and dedicated and relentless...and brainwashed.

Alex Jones reminds me of a Tax Protester who has expanded his repertoire a little. I think he absolutely believes the crap he pushes. His strongest motivation is rage.

You may be right, Sardondi, about Alex Jones being a true believer.  I wouldn't ignore the possibility though that his efforts have proven very lucrative.  Anyone know his estimated financial worth?  (His estimated human worth is, of course, that of an empty can of chili.)

morphiaflow

Don't insult that can of chili. Even empty, it once served a purpose, and provided at least a few non-empty calories to someone's benefit--even though much like Jones, it probably resulted in an expulsion of hot, foul, gassy air.

Too true, Morphia!  Plus, an empty can of chili can be washed out and filled with bolts and nails and such or at least recycled.

Sardondi

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 19, 2013, 01:16:54 PM
You may be right, Sardondi, about Alex Jones being a true believer.  I wouldn't ignore the possibility though that his efforts have proven very lucrative....
No doubt. In his case I think he views it as a fortuitous circumstance that he loves his work.

ziznak

Quote from: Sardondi on April 19, 2013, 04:30:35 PM
No doubt. In his case I think he views it as a fortuitous circumstance that he loves his work.
You can tell Jones eats this shit up just like the other media entities.  He's been going non-stop "covering" this.  He's got a priapismic hard on right now.

Eddie Coyle

Infowars has become the equivalent of Stuttering John or a "Baba Booey" call during an emergency. Three(maybe more considering the Texas blast) press conferences disrupted by Jones jerkoffs this week.

Sleepwalker

Quote from: morphiaflow on April 19, 2013, 02:11:31 PM
Don't insult that can of chili. Even empty, it once served a purpose, and provided at least a few non-empty calories to someone's benefit--even though much like Jones, it probably resulted in an expulsion of hot, foul, gassy air.

Here's a similarity between an empty can of chili and Jones:  They both attract maggots.

Sleepwalker

The conspiracy mongers are trying to make a case that the  Tsarnaev brothers were just "patsies" to a government "false flag" operation by pointing out the fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev wasn't read his rights.

John Miller, a Department of Justice official told CBS News that the arresting agents used an exemption clause to the Miranda law, allowing them to first question Tsarnaev on immediate security concerns before reading him his rights.

"In a case when there are exigent circumstances -- public safety is involved," explains Miller, the exception can be invoked to quickly obtain information; namely "are there other explosives? Is there another plot to blow something up? Are there other people?"

Still, the use of the public safety exception is rare. "We almost never see that," Miller said, adding that i was last invoked to question Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the so-called "underwear bomber" on the Christmas Day 2009 flight into Detroit.

Eddie Coyle

Here's my disgust for Jones.

I know it's guilt by association, but I fully intend to review the guest list for Jones for at least the past year and create a blacklist. Anybody cavorting with this sleazebag should be shunned for aiding and abetting Jones worthless career and existence.

For starters, anybody want some Megadeth cds?

* Ok, I'm going to play Jones game. Who was his podcast guest on 4/14/13? None other than Douglas Hagmann. Hmmm..awfully strange to have him on the night before the bombing! I guess that would mean they had advance knowledge of the plot, right?

ziznak

ah man... I actually really liked his interview with Mustaine but yeah... Dave's dropped down a peg.

Juan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 20, 2013, 08:49:50 PM

* Ok, I'm going to play Jones game. Who was his podcast guest on 4/14/13? None other than Douglas Hagmann. Hmmm..awfully strange to have him on the night before the bombing! I guess that would mean they had advance knowledge of the plot, right?
Awhile back, I ran across a web site that claimed Haggman and his Northeast Intelligence Network was actually a part of the Department of Homeland Security and was set up to spread fear among the populace of the Islamic Jihad. 

There are no coincidences.

Sleepwalker

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 21, 2013, 07:44:05 AM
There are no coincidences.

Don't you love the way George tells numerous guests, "As you know, I don't believe in coincidences?"

Yes, George, all of humanity knows you do not believe in coincidences.  That is because we are obsessed with your greatness and spend all our waking hours committing every word you speak to memory and worshiping your image."

ziznak

Quote from: Sleepwalker on April 21, 2013, 09:42:07 AM
Don't you love the way George tells numerous guests, "As you know, I don't believe in coincidences?"

Yes, George, all of humanity knows you do not believe in coincidences.  That is because we are obsessed with your greatness and spend all our waking hours committing every word you speak to memory and worshiping your image."
Georgie boy has made a point to repeat this nugget of flawed logic a lot recently.  I've noticed the  Nooryisms seem to congeal together chronologically as well.  I don't think I've heard him go back to back but you'll hear em all within the same conversation.

depends on how the queue card shuffle i guess?  They do shuffle them for George right?

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 20, 2013, 08:49:50 PM

Here's my disgust for Jones.

I know it's guilt by association, but I fully intend to review the guest list for Jones for at least the past year and create a blacklist. Anybody cavorting with this sleazebag should be shunned for aiding and abetting Jones worthless career and existence.

For starters, anybody want some Megadeth cds?

The worst part of Alex Jones' pathetic conspiratorial nonsense is that it is bleeding out from his diseased bloated ass and infiltrating a lot of other right leaning media.  Savage referenced him about 10 times this week, Beck is parroting the same false flag shit, and others as well.  It is marginalizing the right.  THAT's the conspiracy.  Alex Jones is the real inside job.

morphiaflow

Quote from: The General on April 21, 2013, 12:27:58 PM
The worst part of Alex Jones' pathetic conspiratorial nonsense is that it is bleeding out from his diseased bloated ass and infiltrating a lot of other right leaning media.  Savage referenced him about 10 times this week, Beck is parroting the same false flag shit, and others as well.  It is marginalizing the right.  THAT's the conspiracy.  Alex Jones is the real inside job.

if you do a search for "Alex Jones NWO shill" or "Alex Jones Zionist" you will find all kinds of hilarious allegations from anti-Jewish people and others who are convinced that he IS a paid disinfo agent meant to bring down somebody or other....

Eddie Coyle

Absolutely correct. If Jones become this Rush Limbaugh like presence that he craves to be as a gravelly voice-fat face of the "right", then conservatives are doomed to the margins for the foreseeable future. Savage has denounced most 9/11 "Truthers" as traitors, anti-Semites...but he's treading dangerously to be a Marathon truther.

I get the feeling that some of them, if not a majority want to see Tsarnaev acquitted as egg on Obama's face. If your success is reliant solely upon others failures, you're going nowhere.

Well, I don't mean to get fussy about language here (since I never do that!  :o), but I would say, General, that "It" is not marginalizing the right:  the right is marginalizing itself when its popular pundits parrot such drivel as comes from Jones.  Savage is no dummy.  Beck is not especially well-educated, but he's not stupid either (though he says lots of stupid things in the name of notoriety & cash).  By choosing to repeat horseshit that comes from people like Jones, the right-leaning pundits are not demonstrating good critical thinking skills.  When fence-sitters and independents see such rhetoric coming from the established mouthpieces of the right, they end up thinking the whole party is off-kilter.  The right needs to do a better job of policing itself and cutting the deadwood mouthbreathers.

Of course, the same thing happens with the left, but I think they do a marginally better job of distancing themselves from their more extreme personalities.  Again, it is certainly possible that I am viewing things from through my own filters and biases here, but I don't see a lot of people on the left who can match a Michelle Bachmann or Steve King or Louis Ghomert or Alex Jones for wildlly vitriolic nonsense.  Do NOT interpret this as a suggestion that the left has no liars, idiots, or corrupt slobs.  It's got its Edwards, Blagos, Farrakhans and such, but they either get quickly incarcerated (with little defense from their party-mates) or they get pretty quickly shoved to the side.  There are a few on the left who I wouldn't mind seeing shoved to the side still more. 

Quote from: ziznak on April 21, 2013, 11:58:09 AM
They do shuffle them for George right?

Nope.  He drops them every night and rushes to pick them up while his "crew" smirks" and pretends to be busy elsewhere.   ;)
They also have a pool every night.  The cards are numbered and the one who has his list closest to the actual order wins.  New winner every night.

The General

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 21, 2013, 03:16:03 PM
Well, I don't mean to get fussy about language here (since I never do that!  :o ), but I would say, General, that "It" is not marginalizing the right:  the right is marginalizing itself when its popular pundits parrot such drivel as comes from Jones....
We're saying the same thing. 

Right wing media outlets marginalize themselves when they follow in Jones' footsteps.
And that is not good for the average right-leaning voter.  Or anybody.

From what I understand of the conservative talk radio hierarchy, Savage is considered the court jester, and Beck is radioactive.

If the day comes that such heavyweights as Limbaugh and Hannity - perhaps even a Levin or Ingraham - quote AJ, then it`ll be time to stick the ol` proverbial fork in the GOP.

Frys Girl

Do you know if the Ricin guy was an Alex Jones/ Coast to Coast listener?

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 22, 2013, 08:01:49 AM
Do you know if the Ricin guy was an Alex Jones/ Coast to Coast listener?

Nah, probably TEA Party. Just ask Chris Matthews.