• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: oy-vey on March 24, 2017, 04:00:35 AM
or it might explode like a firecracker, from hell.
reputation is already lost, thanks to Savage, that fucker.

Get a life.

oy-way

Quote from: WOTR on March 24, 2017, 02:39:49 AM
Funny that... He does not look like a Mongolian yak herder.  :-\

Jackstar

Hey, that blonde on the left still has a chance. I'm calling shenanigans.

oy-way

Jambalaya
(Hank Williams)

Goodby Joe, me gotta go, me oh my oh,
Gotta go, pole the pirogue down the bayou.
My Yvonne, sweetest one, me oh my oh,
Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou.

cho: Jambalay' 'n a crawfish pie an' filet gumbo
'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my m'cherie mi-o
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay, o

Thibodaux, Fontaineau, the place is buzzin'
Kinfolk come to see Yvonne by the dozen,
Dress in style, go hog wild, me oh my oh,

Settle down far from town, get me a pirogue
And I'll catch all the fish in the bayou.
Swap my mon' to buy Yvonne what we need, o

Jackstar

Quote from: Art Bell on March 23, 2017, 10:30:48 PM
I don't come here a lot because I want need or am seeking praise or ass kissing, that's the last damn thing I would expect from Bell Gab. I came here because I like the rough and tumble atmosphere in this group and have made many of my own contributions over the Years. I can give every bit as good as I get, But i just am not going to unmask people and go after their lives and Family's. I use my real name and almost nobody else does, I guess for fear of the above stuff happening to them?

I have never lied about anything including the Stalker stuff that did happen exactly as I told you it did. I have made mistakes in judgement with respect to my career which I think I have admitted here and elsewhere, I am many things but a liar is not one of them.

QuoteI do have COPD which is something that kind of sneaks up on you over time, it is not so bad that I could not do a show if I decided to do so. I did get a very serious case of pneumonia which set me back big time but I am for the moment pretty much ok.

At the expense of drawing fire I will say again that Heather is miles and miles better in the last Year and that is my Professional judgment, it is also the Judgment of many people I respect. It seems to me that the people in this forum should be proud of her, she was after all one of us.

QuoteThat is a bit of a update for those who need ammo.

Art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S68uBzoHzOY

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ ® © on March 24, 2017, 04:52:33 AM
« Today at 03:52:33 »

Just be cool. We don't have to make a big thing over this.

oy-way

Quote from: oy-vey on March 23, 2017, 11:42:11 PM
«Today at 12:42:11 AM »

12+42
1+2+4+2=9
9/11

ItsOver

I don't come here a lot because I want need or am seeking praise or ass kissing, that's the last damn thing I would expect from Bell Gab. I came here because I like the rough and tumble atmosphere in this group and have made many of my own contributions over the Years...
Art
Hmmm...sounds then like you should be posting on BellGab even more than Yorkshire Pud does to express his unrequited love for Trump.

zeebo

Quote from: Art Bell on March 21, 2017, 09:46:16 PM
... If people were nicer I am sure I would visit more frequently, I loved the old Bell Gab. ...

Art btw alot of folks who were caught up in the buzz of your two previous comebacks, have simply left.  Many of them hung on as long as they could, but with the way things turned out they moved on.  A few holdouts are remain, along with the malcontents.  But these days this place probably is not a good measure of your general support out there.

Bellgab was always a place for the most passionate fans (and detractors), so I guess it cuts both ways.  In any case, as you can see, the place now is more like a bus station at midnight - you never really know what kind of randomness you might encounter, for better or worse.  Just my thoughts on trying to make some sense of what you may read here.

ItsOver

You'd think we BellGab Deplorables were asking for another Manhattan Project when all we desire is top-notch, late-night radio.  Is it Knapp time, yet?  ;)

I don't come here a lot because I want need or am seeking praise or ass kissing, that's the last damn thing I would expect from Bell Gab. I came here because I like the rough and tumble atmosphere in this group and have made many of my own contributions over the Years. I can give every bit as good as I get, But i just am not going to unmask people and go after their lives and Family's. I use my real name and almost nobody else does, I guess for fear of the above stuff happening to them?

I have never lied about anything including the Stalker stuff that did happen exactly as I told you it did. I have made mistakes in judgement with respect to my career which I think I have admitted here and elsewhere, I am many things but a liar is not one of them.

I do have COPD which is something that kind of sneaks up on you over time, it is not so bad that I could not do a show if I decided to do so. I did get a very serious case of pneumonia which set me back big time but I am for the moment pretty much ok.

At the expense of drawing fire I will say again that Heather is miles and miles better in the last Year and that is my Professional judgment, it is also the Judgment of many people I respect. It seems to me that the people in this forum should be proud of her, she was after all one of us.

That is a bit of a update for those who need ammo.

Art

Art, you claim to come here because "you don't want your ass kisses," but clearly, you want your ass kissed. You also respond to negative or contradictory comments pertaining to your personal life (that you yourself divulged via BellGab or Facebook) as a personal attack. Personal attacks are one thing, disagreeing with someone elses opinion doesn't fit into the same category as slander.

Heather may have indeed gotten better over the past year. However, progressing from terrible to bad isn't saying very much. I don't have anything else to say about Ms. Wade mainly because she's completely irrelevant. Besides she's too much of a coward to post here and defend her awful overall performance. Art, did you tell Heather to stop posting here?

Anyways, I'm always glad to hear from you that we are still, and will always be - wrong.

Have a nice day, Art.

ps: Tits or gtfo!

Quote from: TigerLily on March 23, 2017, 11:51:35 PM
Some frakkin' weirdo a few pages back asked me when was it ever Art had interesting conversations here.

... back when we were getting close to MiTD start up we would get antsy and start turning on each other and eating our young - you know, like we are here all the time now - Art would casually throw out a comment or topic and we would all calm down and have a civil conversation. I don't care enough to prove my point by digging through archives of Bellgab - but maybe someone else remembers too...

I do recall 'ol ''Rough and Tumble'' Bell toying with his fans for months on end here - during the run-ups of both of his possible upcoming new shows (DM & MITD) - posting tidbits here and there for people to pore over and speculate about, random ultimatums with threats of abandoning the projects if every detail wasn't to his liking - instead of just putting out the relevant information.

One piece of relevant information he decided to leave out was the idea of a co-host.  Since he doesn't actually share relevant details - and sprang that on the listeners at the last minute - it went over about as well as would be expected.

Those were the ''Great Conversations he started'' that you were referring to?

WildCard

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on March 22, 2017, 10:38:43 PM
Don't be such a nebbish and a noodge to boot. Can't you see Bellgab has enough mishegoss already?

Thanx for this. A polite way to call someone a cuck.

WildCard

Quote from: themudking on March 23, 2017, 06:38:14 PM
Which reminds me freeartbell.com is for sale.  The owner is willing to take a loss. PM to make an offer!

Hold the phone! That was you?!
Who was the Sarah Brestlin guy that called the gabcast? I thought it was White Crow. Does this "owner" have a deep voice and talk like he has marbles in his mouth?

WildCard

Quote from: Jack Stark on March 24, 2017, 02:21:31 PM

Never mind all that.
The question on everyone's mind - what do you do with them after you catch them?

ge30542

Shot in the dark here, but, does anyone know the lyrics to "Jambalaya"?

ItsOver

Quote from: ge30542 on March 24, 2017, 07:12:29 PM
Shot in the dark here, but, does anyone know the lyrics to "Jambalaya"?
I can't say I do but Jambalaya always brings this to mind.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: WildCard on March 24, 2017, 04:46:54 PM
Who was the Sarah Brestlin guy that called the gabcast? I thought it was White Crow. Does this "owner" have a deep voice and talk like he has marbles in his mouth?

those aren't marbles

damon

https://youtu.be/h0tK8VBHnd0
Art i do hope that you come back.

heater

Quote from: WildCard on March 24, 2017, 04:46:54 PM

You get massive points for the great memory.  I was not part of that, in fact Ms. Brestlin was the initial  reason MV and I weren't able to continue our run as the first and best show on Dark Matter Radio Network (minus Art's run in MiTD).  I bought the domain after it wasn't renewed and did a fan trailer that is on the site now.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: themudking on March 24, 2017, 08:09:33 PM
I was not part of that, in fact Ms. Brestlin was the initial  reason MV and I weren't able to continue our run as the first and best show on Dark Matter Radio Network (minus Art's run in MiTD).

"There was a legal issue apparently."

heater

Quote from: Σ> on March 24, 2017, 08:12:59 PM

Luckily we got lots of in network support that made up for it.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Damon on March 24, 2017, 07:59:37 PM
https://youtu.be/h0tK8VBHnd0
Art i do hope that you come back.

Damon really enjoy your talkie posts!
And agree with everything you said.

Art we miss you!

Praise Love Art

And you Hater's of Art.. STFU.. you guys are whinny boring rug rats .. so there  :o

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Σ> on March 24, 2017, 08:12:59 PM

That's usually not an issue.. it's a lack of money issue.. need better attorneys

TigerLily

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on March 24, 2017, 08:30:57 PM
Damon really enjoy your talkie posts!
And agree with everything you said.

Art we miss you!

Praise Love Art

And you Hater's of Art.. STFU.. you guys are whinny boring rug rats .. so there  :o

Strong words for a Havenista  :)  :-*.  But I concur with the full sentiment

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on March 24, 2017, 10:39:39 AM
In any case, as you can see, the place now is more like a bus station at midnight - you never really know what kind of randomness you might encounter, for better or worse. 
If this does not make the top right, it should be entered in the TOS or put on a "landing page" for first-timers.