• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

From Art Bell

Started by Art Bell, September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM

Freyja

Quote from: North_Star on September 21, 2015, 05:58:30 PM
I just emailed CJAD in Montreal.

:)  :) ...thanks. Keep at them!!

My attempted selling point with CFRB was putting them in competition with CFMJ who carries "the other show".....point being how they could draw ratings and audience away from the other station by airing MITD. This is what they care about...listenership, ads and revenue.

If Coast in on another station in your area, contact the one's who don't carry it ...sell them on the above.

jazmunda

Quote from: gabrielle on September 21, 2015, 05:50:54 PM
Jazmunda: Can you please give instructions?  Do you mean to post this video on facebook or whatever and then mention the station number?  Some of us are new to this.  Sorry, I know it sounds lame, but I want to do all I can.

Facebook:

If you like your local radio station on Facebook and their page is called something like KXYZ - The Voice of the West then you would write a post on Facebook saying something like:

QuoteHey KXYZ - The Voice of the West Art Bell is Back

https://youtu.be/KDrdTwwZ1wc

In Facebook if you like a page and you begin to type in the name of the page a drop down box will pop down with that pages name. If you click on it it will be displayed in your message and highlighted. When you post it they will get a notification that someone mentioned them in a post and then they will see the trailer.

Be sure to post the link to the trailer which is (without the space between the https and the : - https   ://youtu.be/KDrdTwwZ1wc

In twitter you don't even have to follow the page that you want to message. You just need to know their twitter handle. So if you local station was KXYZ and their twitter name was @KXYZ then you would tweet:

QuoteHey @KXYZ Art Bell is Back!

https://youtu.be/KDrdTwwZ1wc

Feel free to be more creative in your messages.

ChandlersDad

I would urge Art Bell to reduce the price for archive access back to a much more reasonable $5.00 a month, as it was originally. If the show is now going to be aired on 4000 stations, the value of having on-line access is diminished (since bootleg copies of each program will be easily available, recorded off the air).

trostol

does this mean the end of using TuneIn?

gabrielle

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 06:02:48 PM
Facebook:

If you like your local radio station on Facebook and their page is called something like KXYZ - The Voice of the West then you would write a post on Facebook saying something like:

In Facebook if you like a page and you begin to type in the name of the page a drop down box will pop down with that pages name. If you click on it it will be displayed in your message and highlighted. When you post it they will get a notification that someone mentioned them in a post and then they will see the trailer.

Be sure to post the link to the trailer which is (without the space between the https and the : - https   ://youtu.be/KDrdTwwZ1wc

In twitter you don't even have to follow the page that you want to message. You just need to know their twitter handle. So if you local station was KXYZ and their twitter name was @KXYZ then you would tweet:

Feel free to be more creative in your messages.

Thank you Jaz...done....!  The trailer is captivating. I love it.  Can you make one more with Crystal singing?  Just asking.

lightningline

Uhhhh no Art. They have been asking for more commercial time. There has always been access. With all due respect I do not see how this will make any difference at all. This was your words. Have I missed something? What a disappointing announcement. Its like nothing has changed except your spending more money on your signal when that is not the problem. Makes zero sense to me. Who cares if it sounds great when no one is going to pick up the show until you allow more commercial time. Its the nature of the bizz. You should know that better than anyone. Unless you think they can just charge double for advertising. Time will tell but I think your that hamster in the wheel. I wish you the best and hope it works but I think your shooting yourself in the foot.

Breezy

Will you still be able to hold the line on commercials, that is give no more air time to commercials than you do now?

lonevoice

YAY!  Art gave us the promo copy of the XDS syndicator.  This should give us plenty of ideas, and a great link, for when we contact radio stations. 

QuoteFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DALLAS, Texas-September 21, 2015

Art Bell, the Godfather of Paranormal Talk Radio, is back and better-than-ever with his new hit show, "Midnight in the Desert."

Nexus Broadcast will be delivering Art Bell to over 4,000 new affiliates via XDS Satellite feed in Stereo, starting October 1st.

As easy as a flip of a switch, Nexus and Midnight in the Desert are inviting AM and FM terrestrial stations to carry the full 3 hour format (2 hours and 58 minutes from the top).

Art Bell has been on the air for decades. He is a well known brand in the circles of talk radio throughout his many years on the airwaves, despite brief retirements and a break following his SiriusXM contract.

Now, he’s back and better than ever. Much to the delight of millions of fans, Art returned to the airwaves this year, streaming his hit show “Midnight in the Desert” weeknights, starting 12:00 AM Eastern/9:00 PM Pacific.

Art Bell's critically acclaimed presence in talk radio earned him the Lifetime Achievement Award from the trade publication Radio & Records in Los Angeles, California. In 2008, Bell was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame.

What people are saying about Art Bell:

"Bell’s fans frequently laud his interviewing style, probing questions and ability to tease a good conversation out of the most unfocused callers." - Las Vegas Sun

"Bell is a sound example for entrepreneurs." - USA Today

"Bell’s ratings success was all the more surprising because of how he deviated from the dominant talk-radio format. Many, many people have missed Art Bell...he has become something of a cultural phenomenon." - TIME Magazine

"Art is an American Original in terms of putting the paranormal on the radio landscape. We are so proud to extend his coverage to the Northwest where there is a rabid appetite for his unique brand of communication." - Portland, KXL-FM (101)

When Art returned in July 2015, the buzz on the social media was unprecedented.

Loyal fans eagerly awaited his return to the airwaves for two whole years following his contract with SiriusXM. Many fan sites and groups continued to chat, blog and contribute to the viral spread of Art’s previous broadcasts. During this period, many “pirate” internet stations began broadcasting archives of his programs 24/7. To date there at least three independent internet broadcasts dedicated Art Bell’s show--- a true 'first' for any talk radio personality.

Highlighting the extreme loyalty Art’s listeners exhibit which drive his brand to continued successes, his iconic style of night-time talk radio discussions have inspired books, video games, movies, television shows and entire subcultures.

So what are you waiting for?
TAKE BACK THE NIGHT!

Visit http://nexusbroadcast.com/affiliate-terms-and-sign-up/ for terms and affiliate sign-on details.

Leo Ashcraft, Nexus Broadcast

jazmunda

Quote from: gabrielle on September 21, 2015, 06:07:06 PM

Thank you Jaz...done....!  The trailer is captivating. I love it.  Can you make one more with Crystal singing?  Just asking.

There would probably be issues with music rights using that.

lonevoice

Quote from: bateman on September 21, 2015, 04:58:54 PM
Maybe an ad in Talkers would be a good idea?
Steve, do you have any idea about the advertising rates? In the past, I've seen fan-driven ad buys for other promotions and celebrities that have been effective because they prove grassroots demand. 

bateman

Quote from: lonevoice on September 21, 2015, 06:16:17 PM
Steve, do you have any idea about the advertising rates? In the past, I've seen fan-driven ad buys for other promotions and celebrities that have been effective because they prove grassroots demand. 

I don't have the slightest idea what their rates are, but here's the contact page: http://www.talkers.com/contact-us/

gabrielle

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 06:11:18 PM
There would probably be issues with music rights using that.

Maybe Art could contact Crystal about the rights?  I can't get enough of her song.  I bet other new listeners would feel the same way. I'll leave it at that. Great job Jaz.

Quote from: gabrielle on September 21, 2015, 06:23:32 PM
Maybe Art could contact Crystal about the rights?  I can't get enough of her song.  I bet other new listeners would feel the same way. I'll leave it at that. Great job Jaz.

I gather she gave Art the rights to the song when she first presented it to him, but maybe I misunderstood.

Art Bell

Thank you ALL for any calls you make.

Art

Tapkaara

Is anyone else a little unclear as to what all of this means?

1. I'm not sure what the satellite aspect of this means. It seems to me that if radio stations wanted to pick up the show before, that the could. And some did. Now the show is open to 4000 stations? I suppose it wasn't before?

2. Now that the show is apparently easier to be carried on literally thousands of stations, does that mean there will be more commercials? Art said he would not change the show around to fit the needs of commercial radio stations. Does this mean he has changed his mind? I'm suspecting that, if this is the case, Art is sacrificing the current format in order to get the show heard by more ears. This suggests to me that he is not satisfied by the relatively small pool of listeners who call the show with some frequency.

3. I know that Art wants us to call our local stations to ask them to carry the show, but are there any stations already lined up at the present time to start carrying the show next month? In other words, is this satellite thing (which I do not understand) a compete shot in the dark or what?

Any insight on this...either from Art or anyone in the know...would be appreciated.

lonevoice

From Art's facebook page, there's now a printable pdf link for downloading and printing the press release:

http://cdn5.darkmatternews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/artbell-PR1-2015.pdf

trostol

Quote from: Tapkaara on September 21, 2015, 06:32:06 PM
Is anyone else a little unclear as to what all of this means?

1. I'm not sure what the satellite aspect of this means. It seems to me that if radio stations wanted to pick up the show before, that the could. And some did. Now the show is open to 4000 stations? I suppose it wasn't before?

2. Now that the show is apparently easier to be carried on literally thousands of stations, does that mean there will be more commercials? Art said he would not change the show around to fit the needs of commercial radio stations. Does this mean he has changed his mind? I'm suspecting that, if this is the case, Art is sacrificing the current format in order to get the show heard by more ears. This suggests to me that he is not satisfied by the relatively small pool of listeners who call the show with some frequency.

3. I know that Art wants us to call our local stations to ask them to carry the show, but are there any stations already lined up at the present time to start carrying the show next month? In other words, is this satellite thing (which I do not understand) a compete shot in the dark or what?

Any insight on this...either from Art or anyone in the know...would be appreciated.

think this may shed a lil light

http://nexusbroadcast.com/affiliate-terms-and-sign-up/

i am just wondering if when Oct 1 rolls around does the ability to listen via DMRN and TuneIn go away or not

Art Bell

No there will not be more Commercials, the stream and Time Traveler's will remain as is.

Art

trostol

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 06:36:51 PM
No there will not be more Commercials, the stream and Time Traveler's will remain as is.

Art

thank you sir for the answer

AppealPlay

Quote from: lonevoice on September 21, 2015, 06:33:19 PM
From Art's facebook page, there's now a printable pdf link for downloading and printing the press release:

http://cdn5.darkmatternews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/artbell-PR1-2015.pdf

I could print copies of that release and mail them to radio stations if that would help.  Maybe include one of the MITD promotional flyers, too?  Perhaps a handwritten note would make more of a connection with PDs?

chefist

Art

Hope maybe you saved some more good news for the show tonight, Art!  8)

Tapkaara

Quote from: trostol on September 21, 2015, 06:34:34 PM

i am just wondering if when Oct 1 rolls around does the ability to listen via DMRN and TuneIn go away or not

Some light is indeed shed. Looks like he's not willing to have more commercials. I wonder how viable that will be to traditional stations...

Tapkaara

Art

Thank you, Art. This is good news.

73s from KG6KLG!

trostol

i havent had a radio in years lol gonna have to scout about to see who would be willing to carry it here

Tapkaara

Quote from: trostol on September 21, 2015, 06:42:43 PM
i havent had a radio in years lol gonna have to scout about to see who would be willing to carry it here

I'll still listen on my CC WiFi radio at home, but it would be nice if a station here in San Diego picks him up so I can listen in my car when I drive at night.

kingotnw

4000 affiliates right out of the gate is INSANE!! I can't believe anyone thinks this is anything less than amazing news!

Robert

Quote from: Tapkaara on September 21, 2015, 06:32:06 PMIs anyone else a little unclear as to what all of this means?
Yeah: me.  What changed that makes MITD available on "the same radio"?  Has there been some technical change?  The last I heard was as above, that the sticking point was total time for ad insertions.  If we're supposed to phone stations to ask them to carry the program, what are we supposed to tell them that they didn't know previously?

zeebo

Ok just ping'd my two local talk stations with the latest.  And I'm an incorrigible procrastinator, so if I can do it this quickly, so you can you!   :D

Tapkaara

Quote from: kingotnw on September 21, 2015, 06:47:23 PM
4000 affiliates right out of the gate is INSANE!! I can't believe anyone thinks this is anything less than amazing news!

It's not that. It has the potential to go to that many. But this is what I'd like to know...are there stations already on board.

Quote from: trostol on September 21, 2015, 06:34:34 PM

Did (Redacted) put all this together?