• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Inauguration

Started by albrecht, January 16, 2017, 09:35:18 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on January 19, 2017, 08:10:17 PM
Yeah, those damn neighbors were just over-the-top.  ;) ;D

Some interfering do gooders just don't see the funny side of high explosives.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 19, 2017, 04:44:26 PM
Report: Trumps inaugural ball dance will be to Sinatra's 'My Way'

President-elect Donald Trump and Melania Trump will dance their first dance as the first couple to “My Way,” by Frank Sinatra, the Washington Examiner reported. Erin Boehme, a singer from Nashville, Tenn., will perform the song along with two other artists from the city, as Trump dances with his wife Friday night at the Liberty Ball.

You are a snarky little twit aren't.  (I did type "twit" but as everyone knows I'm a terrible speller.)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 08:12:19 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking at the time.  No sense of humor at all.

ItsOver

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 08:12:19 PM

Hehehe.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 19, 2017, 04:55:29 PM
I'm talking prior to the 50's.  I didn't agree with the blacklisting in the 50's and I don't agree with it now. I'm being consistent.

What gives you the idea Hollywood blacklists conservatives?  Show your work. :D

Jon Voight works regularly, and if there were a blacklist, this schlub would definitely be near the top, and he continues to be steadily employed.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000685/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000286/

Kidnostad3

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 19, 2017, 06:40:26 PM
My 13 yr old genuisy son begged me to excuse him from school tomorrow so that we he can watch the inauguration. So yeah, we're saying adios to 8 years of obsequious sophistry by having a winning party. There will be bacon.

Are you telling me that schools are not closed nationwide tomorrow?  The NEA must be behind this, the communist bastards. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 19, 2017, 08:37:10 PM
Are you telling me that schools are not closed nationwide tomorrow?  The NEA must be behind this, the communist bastards.

Why should kids be interested in a 70 year old bloke with an orange face? He doesn't care much about them.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 19, 2017, 08:37:10 PM

Yeah, well their long overdue days of reckoning will start first thing Monday morning with a thorough and remorselessly efficient reeducation process that begins with the Pledge of Allegiance and compulsory Christian prayer, followed by harsh lessons in micro-aggression and relentless violations of personal safe space.

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 08:41:29 PM

Why should kids be interested in a 70 year old bloke with an orange face? He doesn't care much about them.

That's the least of your worries. They're not interested in you for a lot of other reasons. Trust me.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 19, 2017, 08:55:40 PM
Yeah, well their long overdue days of reckoning will start first thing Monday morning with a thorough and remorselessly efficient reeducation process that begins with the Pledge of Allegiance and compulsory Christian prayer, followed by harsh lessons in micro-aggression and relentless violations of personal safe space.

From your lips to God's ears.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 19, 2017, 09:07:12 PM
From your lips to God's ears.

That's where I always start, because it never fails to turn Her into divine jelly.  8)

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 19, 2017, 08:36:13 PM
What gives you the idea Hollywood blacklists conservatives?  Show your work. :D

Jon Voight works regularly, and if there were a blacklist, this schlub would definitely be near the top, and he continues to be steadily employed.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000685/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000286/

Did you not read my earlier posts?  I said that there are conservative stars like Voight, Stallone and Eastwood who still have a lot of clout.  They have no problem getting work.  For the average rank and file actor and or technician though to be a conservative is an anathema if you want to get ahead in Hollywood these days.  You better follow the party line if you want to make a splash.

And come now.  James Woods isn't getting much work these days though he'd like to work more.   He knew what he was getting into when he decided to come out strong as a conservative.  Could it be because of his political persuasion?  You know as well as I do that there is blacklisting going on.  They just don't use that word.  You don't see filmmakers like John Milius coming up in Hollywood these days.  I wonder why?  Do your research.

Kidnostad3

I just heard Pence announce that Trump will return 20% of the money he was allocated for transition expenses to the Treasury.  I'm tearing up hear.   :D

albrecht

I have a relative (not blood) who is a "activist." I guess professional? Well not sure how it works and never, really asked, but has already been arrested in DC protesting. She is nice and good person personally but really gung-ho on the "environment" etc from some person deal with her land and a chemical plant. They all "know" her and the arrests are almost pro forma. Makes a scene, gets arrested, get arraigned, Judge admonishes, release on bond, pay a fine or show up court later and get charges dropped or pay fine. I know when she goes speak university groups or pressure group buy her tickets and speaking fee, etc. Next time I see her I'm going to ask if any folks like Soros, Hollywood, or Foundations fund her since I've heard that sometimes protestors are paid activists.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 19, 2017, 09:31:43 PM
Did you not read my earlier posts?  I said that there are conservative stars like Voight, Stallone and Eastwood who still have a lot of clout.  They have no problem getting work.  For the average rank and file actor and or technician though to be a conservative is an anathema if you want to get ahead in Hollywood these days.  You better follow the party line if you want to make a splash.

That doesn't explain Stephen Baldwin, though.

Sorry, I didn't see your earlier posts, and would be interested in any evidence you have to back your assertion. I just figured the Scientologists run Hollywood these days, anyway.

chefist

Haven't read much on this thread..enjoy the inauguration!

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 19, 2017, 09:43:21 PM

Can anyone explain the Baldwins, especially Stephen?

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 19, 2017, 09:43:21 PM

Sorry, I didn't see your earlier posts, and would be interested in any evidence you have to back your assertion. I just figured the Scientologists run Hollywood these days, anyway.

Stephen Baldwin's made a career the last ten years being the anti-Alec Baldwin.  He lives off the family name and does pretty well for himself though it is doubtful he will ever be an acclaimed film-maker and is much less likely to get a recurring role on House of Cards.

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2017, 09:47:18 PM
Can anyone explain the Baldwins, especially Stephen?

The only Baldwin I like is Adam, and he's not related. One of my favorite scenes in the South Park movie is when the Canadian air force bombs all the Baldwins to oblivion. Stephen was pretty good in "The Usual Suspects," but in just about every picture I see of him, he looks like somebody just whacked him in the back of the head with a hefty piece of lumber.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 19, 2017, 09:52:56 PM
The only Baldwin I like is Adam, and he's not related. One of my favorite scenes in the South Park movie is when the Canadian air force bombs all the Baldwins to oblivion. Stephen was pretty good in "The Usual Suspects," but in just about every picture I see of him, he looks like somebody just whacked him in the back of the head with a hefty piece of lumber.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at a Baldwin family Thanksgiving.  Can you imagine the sparks that fly?  I doubt they have Thanksgiving together anymore though.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 19, 2017, 09:48:33 PM
Stephen Baldwin's made a career the last ten years being the anti-Alec Baldwin.  He lives off the family name and does pretty well for himself though it is doubtful he will ever be an acclaimed film-maker and is much less likely to get a recurring role on House of Cards.

Exactly.

This is one of my favorite scenes from that movie, and the therapy group concept is hilarious. I saw the movie for the first time on basic cable a couple of years ago, and wish I'd seen it sooner because it's actually a lot better than it looked when it was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfsHMuWn95I

albrecht

Quote from: Chefist on January 19, 2017, 10:06:23 PM
I'm at 8:20 or there about...

https://youtu.be/eQRpRS6J8hE
Thanks. Like Farage and wasn't aware of this. YP, SV etc fuming at this, maybe?

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2017, 10:10:34 PM
Thanks. Like Farage and wasn't aware of this. YP, SV etc fuming at this, maybe?

Waiting for feedback...lol

Quote from: Chefist on January 19, 2017, 10:15:30 PM
Waiting for feedback...lol

I'm listening to it now.  I'd like to see him as PM of Britain. I'm sure that would give Pud and Shreddy heart attacks.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 19, 2017, 10:18:35 PM
I'm listening to it now.  I'd like to see him as PM of Britain. I'm sure that would give Pud and Shreddy heart attacks.

he was laughing at my commentary...lol...

Quote from: Chefist on January 19, 2017, 10:20:33 PM
he was laughing at my commentary...lol...

Well, you hit the nail on the head.  The next 4 years is going to be fun seeing liberals flame out.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 19, 2017, 10:25:53 PM
Well, you hit the nail on the head.  The next 4 years is going to be fun seeing liberals flame out.

his call screener was very polite...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 19, 2017, 10:18:35 PM

Farage is a coward. Therefore an irrelevance. To be a PM, he needs a party. Then he needs to be elected as an MP. THEN the party has to elect him as their leader.

Although he might have deep throated Trump, a PM does not him make. The UKIP don't see him as a PM. And now that  the UK has voted to leave the EU, what is the point of UKIP?  May has already stated that BREXIT means complete separation from the EU;  something the leavers said wouldn't be totally neccessary. Oddly, the rest of the EU didn't get that memo and have said BREXIT means total separation.

albrecht

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 10:54:35 PM
Farage is a coward. Therefore an irrelevance. To be a PM, he needs a party. Then he needs to be elected as an MP. THEN the party has to elect him as their leader.

Although he might have deep throated Trump, a PM does not him make. The UKIP don't see him as a PM. And now that  the UK has voted to leave the EU, what is the point of UKIP?  May has already stated that BREXIT means complete separation from the EU;  something the leavers said wouldn't be totally neccessary. Oddly, the rest of the EU didn't get that memo and have said BREXIT means total separation.
We had a candidate awhile back, Forbes. with an odd manner and odd looks, and famous name, but had some good ideas about a real free trade type of arrangement between English-speaking countries (Commonwealth countries) and later good, working European countries and the US. Sort of the "blue blood" type wing of the Republican Party, and certainly, would be the bane of the AJ, etc types, but I thought a good idea. Maybe again?
ps: what does Brexit and the Muslim invasion mean to Schengen and travel, etc? I know you had "opt-out" to the Schengen and immigration etc (supposedly) but after Brexit what happens to the people who were allowed in?