• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 08, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
Why would I need this all over me and my food, any more than I need tobacco smoke? 

One step at a time though, these self absorbed assholes can't even keep their eyes on the road while driving, now that their moms got them phones.
First time I saw it was at a kid's birthday party and an in-law that was first time coming and new went outside and was hitting it. I thought "damn, that guy is bold and wtf" thinking he was hitting a drug pipe of some kind, even if just weed, I was thinking "man, wtf at a kids party for the first time meeting family?" Haha.

Jojo

Quote from: Taaroa on December 08, 2017, 03:54:48 PM
People who vape in places where smoking is banned.

I just 'enjoyed' a meal in a decent restaurant with a woman a table over vaping non stop for 2hrs. I've seen signs which explicitly ban vaping and smoking, and you just know it's because of dicks like this who will go "B-but it's not technically smoking, so the rules don't apply to me!"

>:(
What aspect of it affected you?  At 3 volts, it is very safe.  I don't vape, but I wish all smokers would.  It is entirely irritant-free to me.

I should know, as someone who is irritated if even a burner is on across the house.  Or a candle across the house.  I can tell if the driver who was ahead of me in traffic was smoking, even if they are so far ahead I can't see them.  I avoid being in traffic around smokers in other cars, even if everyone's windows are up.  It is painful for me to be within 5' of a person who has smoked the same day.  When coffee from the coffee pot drips on the element, the little bit of resulting smoke affects me.

But other people vaping pleases me.  No problem.  I even kind of like it.

The product just needs to be handled carefully, away from children, just like other toxic things (diffusing oil, laundry soap pods, dishwasher pods, etc...).

What about moving to another table!  One time I needed a different table, but the server was gone a long time.  I just got up and moved.  What are they gonna do about it...

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on December 08, 2017, 09:10:37 PM
First time I saw it was at a kid's birthday party and an in-law that was first time coming and new went outside and was hitting it. I thought "damn, that guy is bold and wtf" thinking he was hitting a drug pipe of some kind, even if just weed, I was thinking "man, wtf at a kids party for the first time meeting family?" Haha.
Yeah, I still fall for it!  Until I realize!

albrecht

Local news. Lead is some 11 year old! 11!  And quick to a suicide and  into light and noise "pollution." Certainly a thing, I like seeing the stars, but an 11 year old suicide is more than a blurb. Not report or report with some commentary about why?

Quote from: Jojo on December 08, 2017, 09:55:01 PM
What aspect of it affected you?  At 3 volts, it is very safe.  I don't vape, but I wish all smokers would.  It is entirely irritant-free to me.

I should know, as someone who is irritated if even a burner is on across the house.  Or a candle across the house.  I can tell if the driver who was ahead of me in traffic was smoking, even if they are so far ahead I can't see them.  I avoid being in traffic around smokers in other cars, even if everyone's windows are up.  It is painful for me to be within 5' of a person who has smoked the same day.  When coffee from the coffee pot drips on the element, the little bit of resulting smoke affects me.

But other people vaping pleases me.  No problem.  I even kind of like it.

The product just needs to be handled carefully, away from children, just like other toxic things (diffusing oil, laundry soap pods, dishwasher pods, etc...).

What about moving to another table!  One time I needed a different table, but the server was gone a long time.  I just got up and moved.  What are they gonna do about it...

You're free to like or dislike anything you want.  As is everyone else (people don't always understand that part).  Someone can't even sit down for dinner without their nasty little habbit?  Or worse, they're finished eating so they can start in.  Guess what - it's unappetizing.  No one likes it.

I don't like it either.  Period, end of story.  If that's the deal I'd rather not have dinner there.  If I have to move, that's fine - I'll move to a cafe around the corner.

pate

Quote from: Swishypants on December 08, 2017, 07:54:19 PM
I'd punch you the fuck out and then blow cigarette smoke in your fucking face! Pussy-ass bitch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBi61pgDUP8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Swishypants on December 08, 2017, 08:15:40 PM
You pussy-ass queer! I'd like to find your precious "upscale" restaurant and go full Rodney Dangerfield on it! God damn pussy!

ediot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBc3sSqZd0I

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 08, 2017, 04:47:57 PM
You know, it isn't smoke. It's water vapor, hence the name. Most don't find it offensive or even that it has much smell at all.

But I don't like getting a face full of it.  And I will tell you so. 
I've actually had one precious little dear try to get me into a shoving match over it. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 09, 2017, 01:24:05 AM
I've actually had one precious little dear try to get me into a shoving match over it.

Well, I'd never blow it in someone's face unless I was trying to piss them off. Also, I'd never intentionally try ruin someone's meal so, of course, I'd stop if someone asked me to but honestly, I doubt you've smelled it and are just equating it with smoke in your mind.  ;)

Taaroa

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 09, 2017, 01:23:00 PM
I'd never intentionally try ruin someone's meal so, of course, I'd stop if someone asked me to but honestly

But would you do it somewhere where smoking is already banned? A restaurant, perhaps?

Swishypants

Beta Bitches! Man the fuck up! Both of you!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on December 09, 2017, 03:22:09 PM
But would you do it somewhere where smoking is already banned? A restaurant, perhaps?

Yes because it's not smoking. You'll have to get your local restaurant to ban vaping because this campaign of yours to equate the two is doomed.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on December 09, 2017, 03:25:02 PM
Beta Bitches! Man the fuck up! Both of you!

SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU STUPID FAGGOT!!!  >:(

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 08, 2017, 04:47:57 PM
You know, it isn't smoke. It's water vapor, hence the name. Most don't find it offensive or even that it has much smell at all.

Mine smells like weed.

Taaroa

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 09, 2017, 03:26:15 PM
Yes because it's not smoking. You'll have to get your local restaurant to ban vaping because this campaign of yours to equate the two is doomed.  ;)

It's still causing displeasure for others and interfering in their space without their consent or what have you. Maybe it could be equated with those people who blast music from their phones while riding public transport without headphones, as though everyone around them will appreciate their music selection.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 09, 2017, 03:34:06 PM
Mine smells like weed.

That's because you're inhaling it.  ;)

Most not indulging say it kinda smells like popcorn.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on December 09, 2017, 03:36:21 PM
It's still causing displeasure for others and interfering in their space. Maybe it could be equated with those people who blast music from their phones while riding public transport without headphones, as though everyone around them will appreciate their music selection.  ;)

I'm not so compulsive that I would feel the need to do it in a restaurant so this has never come up as an issue for me. However, now that legalization is becoming more prevalent I expect to start seeing restaurants that will cater to it. Nothing like weed for getting people to want to eat more food.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 09, 2017, 01:24:05 AM
I hope you spit some Beech Nut in that dude's eye.

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 09, 2017, 01:23:00 PM
Well, I'd never blow it in someone's face unless I was trying to piss them off. Also, I'd never intentionally try ruin someone's meal so, of course, I'd stop if someone asked me to but honestly, I doubt you've smelled it and are just equating it with smoke in your mind.  ;)

If some precious dear turns their head and blows a lungful of mist and it then wraps itself around my head, I equate that with spitting on me.  'Just vapor.'  Fuck that.  Stop being so understanding Doc. 

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on December 09, 2017, 03:58:55 PM
I hope you spit some Beech Nut in that dude's eye.

I'll learn him how a country boy will survive.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 09, 2017, 08:04:10 PM
If some precious dear turns their head and blows a lungful of mist and it then wraps itself around my head, I equate that with spitting on me.  'Just vapor.'  Fuck that.  Stop being so understanding Doc.

You need to take my new course.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o1DCJwG2qI

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 08, 2017, 10:14:04 PM
You're free to like or dislike anything you want.  As is everyone else (people don't always understand that part).  Someone can't even sit down for dinner without their nasty little habbit?  Or worse, they're finished eating so they can start in.  Guess what - it's unappetizing.  No one likes it.

I don't like it either.  Period, end of story.  If that's the deal I'd rather not have dinner there.  If I have to move, that's fine - I'll move to a cafe around the corner.
I agree.

But the reason it doesn't bother me is the "vapor" is mire like dry ice vapor than water vapor.  I'm not even sure the vape seen actually was inhaled.  It seems to come off the paraphenelia, not the breath.

The only thing I sense is visual, so I wouldn't equate it to noise.  Maybe to a long dress train.

Why can't the Chinese cut meat the way everyone else does - slicing it away from the bone, and separating bones at the joints.  No, they have to randomly chop it up with a giant cleaver, scattering bone shards everywhere. 

albrecht

I can't imagine how pissed off I'd be. UPS and the bank are lucky Canadians are so mild-mannered and they have gun control policies.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/ups-td-canada-trust-bank-draft-1.4447384

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on December 08, 2017, 10:06:49 PM
Local news. Lead is some 11 year old! 11!  And quick to a suicide and  into light and noise "pollution." Certainly a thing, I like seeing the stars, but an 11 year old suicide is more than a blurb. Not report or report with some commentary about why?
I couldnt find this.  Can we get a link?  Are you in the US?

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 29, 2017, 08:03:54 AM
What more proof do you need that the government is trying to kill you?!

However, the diff is that you could actually survive off of the stuff on the first list and while the stuff on the second list may be helpful if you have food to go with it, without it you won't survive long off of that list.  ;)
Okay, so I went along with your line of reasoning.  But it broke down when food stamps allowed artificial food coloring, artificial food flavoring, saccharin, aspartame, mustard (of which the ingredient says simply ground mustard seeds), sesame seeds, xanthan gum, gum, oregano, bay leaves, coffee, decaf, and cream of tartar powder.  And see, a person can't live on those either!

So why can't recipients get nutritional yeast!  Or aloe vera!  Or dandelion root or chicory! 

And they can get oil of flax, sesame, and avocado, but oil of oregano is forbidden!

And they can guzzle aspartame soda all day, which has no nutritional value and depletes potassium, but can't drink aloe vera, which moisturizes the alimentary canal and has antibacterial qualities! What??!

To me, this all looks like bogus bias against "natural health" and in favor or big agra, with its artificial food color and aspartame!

So thanks for trying to make me feel better.  It worked until I got to the store again!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on December 15, 2017, 01:36:46 AM
Okay, so I went along with your line of reasoning.  But it broke down when food stamps allowed artificial food coloring, artificial food flavoring, saccharin, aspartame, mustard (of which the ingredient says simply ground mustard seeds), sesame seeds, xanthan gum, gum, oregano, bay leaves, coffee, decaf, and cream of tartar powder.  And see, a person can't live on those either!

So why can't recipients get nutritional yeast!  Or aloe vera!  Or dandelion root or chicory! 

And they can get oil of flax, sesame, and avocado, but oil of oregano is forbidden!

To me, this all looks like bogus bias against "natural health" and in favor or big agra, with its artificial food color and aspartame!

So thanks for trying to make me feel better.  It worked until I got to the store again!

I'm just saying that in terms of survival it comes down to the basics like water, protein, carbs and some basic nutrients, of which there was little in the second list. I wasn't disparaging it though.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 15, 2017, 01:40:13 AM
I'm just saying that in terms of survival it comes down to the basics like water, protein, carbs and some basic nutrients, of which there was little in the second list. I wasn't disparaging it though.
Yeah, right, I saw that.  Made sense.  Then I went to the store, and realized something else.  I'll show you.