• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

TheErinnF YouTube Star

Started by deviant aristocrat, April 15, 2019, 10:26:44 AM

Roswells, Art

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 11:42:30 AM
I really wish someone would explain what brig does that is so horrible.  The worst I've seen her do is make the same pointed observations everyone else is thinking, which I've come to regard as a virtue at least in Bellgabian terms.

Maybe because neither of my grandmas was they hugs-and-cookies kind (both would pinch you and tell you you were getting fat) I do not have the jarring image discordance some people seem to remark.  And she can be sweet, in her way.

I'm just reading along and posting my observations while I drink my morning coffee.

Praise MV

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 11:42:30 AM
I really wish someone would explain what brig does that is so horrible.
Would you be interested in a bridge in Brooklyn?  I can let you have it cheap.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 12:00:26 PM
The proper term is voyeurism - she uses their videos to vicariously live through them, then swiftly discards them for fresh "talent".

Think Epstein with a coterie aging 15 year olds.

Brig's skill is not in florid exposition, rather it is in psychological strip searching.

Edgy comparison!  Except for where they are mature adults and very willing exhibitionists. 

Prying the mask loose is the internet's game.  If the worst happens, you scrap it and start over.  People who don't understand this should have their computers taken away.

K_Dubb

See, no one will explain it except for dear, sweet Azz.  I have to imagine it is an inside joke from the iron-fist-in-the-velvet-glove era of the Falkie thread that people somehow forgot was a joke.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 19, 2019, 12:01:20 PM
You could be the next Karl Ove KnausgÃ¥rd. (I have not attempted to read his long ramblings but, apparently, the critics love them, despite cribbing from Adolph for his first book title.)  I seem to recall a Murder, She Wrote episode in which a person wrote a fiction book that too closely identified real people in town and family- airing all the dirty laundry. Apparently he got criticism for this.

Yeah I haven't read it either, but it's on the list.  That whole thing where you novelize ordinary people just sounds too much like Silas Marner, which I hated.

AZZERAE

Quote from: whoozit on July 19, 2019, 12:25:48 PM

but first over viagara falls in a bucket you go...

fishers of men?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on July 19, 2019, 12:01:20 PM
You could be the next Karl Ove KnausgÃ¥rd. (I have not attempted to read his long ramblings but, apparently, the critics love them, despite cribbing from Adolph for his first book title.)  I seem to recall a Murder, She Wrote episode in which a person wrote a fiction book that too closely identified real people in town and family- airing all the dirty laundry. Apparently he got criticism for this.

I have read all but the last, which I don't think has been translated out of that barbarous dialect yet. They are uneven but when they're good they're very good. Particularly the first one which had a lot about his father who fell apart and drank himself to death. He is compared to Proust a lot but he is much more readable than old Marcel.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 12:28:46 PM
Edgy comparison!  Except for where they are mature adults and very willing exhibitionists.

logic fault --- adults /= "mature" mentally...ever.

willing?

QuotePrying the mask loose is the internet's game.  If the worst happens, you scrap it and start over.  People who don't understand this should have their computers taken away.

wither a book so interactive it had these magical powers?

... the late fees --- your very soul...

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 19, 2019, 12:48:21 PM
He is compared to Proust a lot but he is much more readable than old Marcel.

You have secreted your persona behind a dormant and dying culture which banishes your id as smartly as it reflexively attaches RFID chips to your rubbish bins.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 12:41:43 PM
Yeah I haven't read it either, but it's on the list.  That whole thing where you novelize ordinary people just sounds too much like Silas Marner, which I hated.

I'd have thought you would have had a special affinity for George Eliot, as you both like pretending to be men.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 12:50:53 PM

wither a book so interactive it had these magical powers?
... the late fees --- your very soul...

Oh you poor thing!  They're all over, usually going by the officious-sounding title "Registration Page" or something to that effect.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 12:54:53 PM
You have secreted your persona behind a dormant and dying culture which banishes your id as smartly as it reflexively attaches RFID chips to your rubbish bins.

My id's working fine, as you'll soon find out if you keep this shit up. Trust you to believe that drivel about the rubbish bins.

AZZERAE

The catalog of lost souls is registry free, but persists to an archivist's (Brig) sadistic delight.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 19, 2019, 12:55:57 PM
I'd have thought you would have had a special affinity for George Eliot, as you both like pretending to be men.

Weeeee!  I missed you!  I've nearly spawned a whole 'nother sonnet for you.

I read Proust way too young and all I remember was him jacking off in the shrubbery.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on July 19, 2019, 12:25:48 PM

You’re the worst one and everyone knows it. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 12:41:43 PM
Why they make kids read that is beyond me, except some kind of sadistic impulses of English teachers; frustrated in their careers- or lack thereof- or otherwise. 

albrecht

I have read all but the last, which I don't think has been translated out of that barbarous dialect yet. They are uneven but when they're good they're very good. Particularly the first one which had a lot about his father who fell apart and drank himself to death. He is compared to Proust a lot but he is much more readable than old Marcel.
Is it a requirement to wear black turtlenecks and smoke Gauloises and affect some Continental twerp persona when reading Proust?

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 01:00:26 PM
Weeeee!  I missed you!  I've nearly spawned a whole 'nother sonnet for you.

I read Proust way too young and all I remember was him jacking off in the shrubbery.
Never read the guy but your descriptions makes it seem that he might be hiding behind some BG handle at some point.  Not to cast aspersions on BG or any particular poster. Praise MV Liberace!

Dr. MD MD

Oh, pish posh! Proust may be longwinded but he’s certainly readable.

There’s gold in them thar hills!

AZZERAE

Quote from: brig on July 19, 2019, 01:27:28 PM
It's Elderly Roommates day off ya'll!

One would be hard pressed to see you ever taking some time off...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 19, 2019, 02:02:54 PM
Oh, pish posh! Proust may be longwinded but he’s certainly readable.

There’s gold in them thar hills!

I didn't say he's unreadable, I was comparing him to someone else. Anyway, all but the most die-hard fans find him a struggle sometimes, particularly when he was dying and didn't get a chance to revise what he wrote.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on July 19, 2019, 01:52:57 PM
Is it a requirement to wear black turtlenecks and smoke Gauloises and affect some Continental twerp persona when reading Proust?

You have your North American twerp persona so the switch shouldn't be all that onerous for you.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on July 19, 2019, 01:50:33 PM
Why they make kids read that is beyond me, except some kind of sadistic impulses of English teachers; frustrated in their careers- or lack thereof- or otherwise.

All the kool kids read Joyce anyway.

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 19, 2019, 02:09:15 PM
You have your North American twerp persona so the switch shouldn't be all that onerous for you.

A luxurious ghee bath and you come up still smelling like untended arsehole...

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 02:09:24 PM
All the kool kids read Joyce anyway.

See I read that too young, too, and all I remember is the pee.  Same with the farting on the Western Front.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 02:11:10 PM
A luxurious ghee bath and you come up still smelling like untended arsehole...

Not sure what that means, other than the fact you need your medication adjusted.