• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WOTR

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 06, 2016, 02:55:17 PM
Me too!  I'm really looking forward to hearing Art again this week. 
I don't know... It is different this time around.  If he broadcasts, I will try to catch it if I'm around.  But I don't know that I will mark my calendar. 

I'm happy that Art is feeling better and /or safer and may do the occasional show.  But where I used to make an effort to catch it live and be here and enjoy it, I think this is now one of those "if I am around and everything works out" experiences.

VegasI15

Here's hoping Donald Trump is going to be a guest with Art this week.  Now that would bring a lot of attention to the show.

munbeam666

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 05, 2016, 10:32:25 AM
A. Ego
B. Wife won't let him near the phone
C. COPD may be worse
D. All of the above
I think COPD was the main reason he quit. Agreed, it maybe a lot worse than he is letting on

GravitySucks

Quote from: munbeam666 on March 06, 2016, 03:39:34 PM
I think COPD was the main reason he quit. Agreed, it maybe a lot worse than he is letting on

I don't have any doubts about his stories on the stalker. I take them at face value.

There is no reason he can't be calling radio stations to try and get affiliates. They do not charge money to have radio stations carry the show. It is free to air. They hope to get a wider audience to make it easier to get advertisers and to help get more subscriptions. I am sure the show is barely squeeking by right now, and Keith can't carry it if it doesn't pay for itself.

He should be on the phone all day every day if he wants it to succeed. He owes that much to both Keith and Heather.

He shouldn't be asking for a volunteer... Not until the show is (if ever) back on solid footing.

effluenza

Quote from: ge30542 on March 05, 2016, 02:37:25 PM
Well said Chris. When not at work, I tune in to see if the seat is still being warmed for Art's return.
If it is, I listen for a few mispronounced words.

It's ironic that those that hate heather are the only ones still listening to her. Whatever floats your boat dude.

Art Bell

It's funny, I used to care what Bell Gab said about me, but even when I was doing the show people on here said "it's just not the same" or "the same lousy old Guest's" or the old standby "he sounds drunk" or " he must have Alzheimer's", so it's not like you seemed to enjoy it when I was on the air. For that reason I can't get very worked up about wether you care if I do any more air work or not because as nearly as I can see you don't like much anyway. In that same spirit it's really hard to take any comments on Heather seriously.

I do come up here every now and then to see if anything has changed, I am never disappointed.

Art

Just waiting here to see the responses.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 06, 2016, 06:43:32 PM
Just waiting here to see the responses.

I'll make the popcorn.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 06, 2016, 06:39:25 PM
It's funny, I used to care what Bell Gab said about me, but even when I was doing the show people on here said "it's just not the same" or "the same lousy old Guest's" or the old standby "he sounds drunk" or " he must have Alzheimer's", so it's not like you seemed to enjoy it when I was on the air. For that reason I can't get very worked up about wether you care if I do any more air work or not because as nearly as I can see you don't like much anyway. In that same spirit it's really hard to take any comments on Heather seriously.

I do come up here every now and then to see if anything has changed, I am never disappointed.

Art

At least we don't disappoint you, Daddy. I'm glad to see you haven't been able to quit on this family. Kisses.

Art Bell

Quote from: rekcuf on March 06, 2016, 06:45:30 PM
At least we don't disappoint you, Daddy. I'm glad to see you haven't been able to quit on this family. Kisses.

Well if I do Son I am sure you will be adopted by 4Chan.

gabrielle

Art

Art, don't write us all off.  Many of us care a lot.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 06, 2016, 06:49:31 PM

I'm like COPD; you can't get rid of me...

MR. Spock

Art
Its hard to give a shit about you are because you keep quitting/retiring the you unquit/unretire. Its like your giving us the middle finger. Oh well, I hope that you come back a stay awhile. Please don't let George Noory win.

Art Bell

I'am sure you meant COPD, and trust me it will eventually remove you from my view.

Art

albrecht

[quote =Art Bell link=topic=30.msg736452#msg736452 date=1457311771]
[/quote]
Haha ;D
Stay well and maybe do some "Dreamland-esque" programs as podcasts if you don't want live or open-lines due to various issues.
1) could be done at any time or location (time for family, rest, staying away from stalkers)
2) could get more famous, busy, international, or 'normal' guests (because could be recorded in the day)
3) could be played during MITD when Heather needs a break, there is no guest, etc.

MR. Spock

Quote from: Art Bell on March 06, 2016, 06:54:04 PM
I'am sure you meant COPD, and trust me it will eventually remove you from my view.

Art
Art are you just keep coming back on the air and causing more drama just to help George Noory with the ratings? Mr. Noory has not quit yet but you have a lot. How much money is he paying you to cause the drama.

Art

Are you even vaguely aware that a forum is made up of individuals, each with a different point of view, and is not a single entity that feels one certain way about you or about any given subject?

MR. Spock

I miss dreamland with art bell.

Roswells, Art

Art

Try focusing on the positive things said about you. They all aren't just blowing smoke up your butt. I happened to think the shows were mind expanding.

WOTR

It's funny, I used to care what Bell Gab said about me, but even when I was doing the show people on here said "it's just not the same"
I don't know if this was (in part) due to my saying that "it is different this time around", or if I just have an inflated ego...  First, I should say that I am referring to MITD part I (hosted by Art 5 days a week) and MITD part II (hosted by Art ___ days per ____) and not MITD vs. the Coast days.  I actually think that the show as MITD part I was a superior product even to Coast circa. 1995.

Either way, what is different is the "feeling." Not the content, not the fact that it will be excellent radio.  Rather, I used to look forward to each night.  There was a sense of optimism about EVERYTHING.  Affiliates were growing, the show was amazing, the people who would be here each night to joke and enjoy the show in the live thread was a great group- and many of them have disappeared or are very quiet on the board- and some with cause (Hi Red.)  I just don't think that the feeling can be recaptured.

I am not saying "it is Arts fault" as it really is not.  People react and act on their own.  Also, I am not saying that the show itself will have changed (I'm sure it will be great radio.)  But the other factors are missing (I can only imagine the negativity in a "live show" thread this time around.)  I am sure I will hear the show- but marking my calendar to come here for live chat catching it live is really not necessary... I don't live in the past, and I am a cynic by nature.  Maybe I will be proven wrong... Maybe it will be just like it was two months back... But I doubt it.

MR. Spock

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 06, 2016, 06:57:54 PM
Are you even vaguely aware that a forum is made up of individuals, each with a different point of view, and is not a single entity that feels one certain way about you or about any given subject?
What are you talking about? this forum has people who have different points of view? I thought this forum was like he borg cube. Many people with the same view point.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: gabrielle on March 06, 2016, 06:49:55 PM
Art, don't write us all off.  Many of us care a lot.

Thats right.. A  lot of us care Art.. We just don't want to argue with these keyboard punks.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on March 06, 2016, 06:54:04 PM

Art

That's a tough thing to deal with, and I wish you the best. I am still a TT and promised Heather I would stick through it until the end.

I can tell you have been coaching her and helping her with her style and interview technique. It shows.

I wish there was more you could do by helping her with the producer role and with contacting affiliates. I am worried she is going to get burnt out.

WOTR

Quote from: MR. Spock on March 06, 2016, 07:01:08 PM
What are you talking about? this forum has people who have different points of view? I thought this forum was like he borg cube. Many people with the same view point.
So, is it, collectively, "Trump for President" or "Vote Hillary" for this board? ;)

MR. Spock

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 06, 2016, 07:02:41 PM
Thats right.. A  lot us care Art.. We just don't want to argue with these keyboard punks.
Art the best thing that you can do is do what you love and be on the Air/internet. please stop quitting/retiring then coming back then quitting again. People DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN YOU KEEP DOING THAT. Please make up your mind.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on March 06, 2016, 07:05:24 PM
So, is it, collectively, "Trump for President" or "Vote Hillary" for this board? ;)

You Canadians know how to twist a knife. I'm glad they don't trust you with guns. 😎

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 06, 2016, 07:07:24 PM
You Canadians know how to twist a knife. I'm glad they don't trust you with guns. 😎

Lol

MR. Spock

Art if you really do come back, that will be good but I'm not holding my breath because you will just quit again.

Daggit

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 06, 2016, 07:02:41 PM
Thats right.. A  lot of us care Art.. We just don't want to argue with these keyboard punks.

I've never agreed with anything that WC has said but he is right on the money here.

The majority of us do care Art. There is no point fighting with the keyboard warrior trolls who are reveling in the chaos cause by your recent quittening.

It would benefit you to stay away from this toxic mess and it will eventually silent these assholes.

Without you posting here it is the same 7 posters bleating about how bad Heather is but still listening every night.