• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

dsz

Quote from: dsz on May 18, 2018, 01:16:53 AM
I'd ask what the Backstreet Boys cats say, but I'd much rather know what the 2 Live Crew cats say.

Actually I realized the Timberlake cats would say Dick in a Puss, so I'm good.

chefist

So which first? Farscape, DS9 or Babylon 5?

Thanks

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 18, 2018, 01:20:54 AM
You should check out the science fiction author Chuck Tingle on amazon. He's right up your alley.

Why?

sydtron

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 01:18:12 AM
Love Star Trek: TOS but the first movie was very slow. It had a great director at the helm so I'm not sure who was to blame.

Gene Roddenberry that's who.

Quote from: chefist on May 18, 2018, 01:21:12 AM
So which first? Farscape, DS9 or Babylon 5?

Thanks

I'd go this order: DS9.. Farscape.. B5.

stargazr1976

Im bored . Poor fuckers. 8)

chefist

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on May 18, 2018, 01:22:39 AM
I'd go this order: DS9.. Farscape.. B5.

Thanks...and DS9 is on Netflix.

Quote from: sydtron on May 18, 2018, 01:22:34 AM
Gene Roddenberry that's who.

Partly, although a lot of it rests with Paramount cutting the film against Wise's wishes...

teknoslag

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 18, 2018, 01:20:13 AM
I think it's underrated, for sure. It's slower paced, more contemplative nature cursed it with bad reviews. I even though 5 was kind of interesting too...and that's probably the most hated TOS movie.

Part V is probably one of the most misunderstood films in the entire franchise, if not science fiction in general. It has its flaws for sure, but it's unfairly derided. Often for reasons that have nothing to do with anything in the actual film, and moreso just the assumption it's "too religious." The moment I hear criticism begin with "that Star Trek movie where they meet God," I instantly tune out.  ;D  Anyone who predicates their argument against it on it being "too religious" obviously didn't actually watch it.

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on May 18, 2018, 01:20:22 AM
If you haven't - check out the director's cut (there were SEVERAL cuts of this film - many added some of those slow moving sequences in) .. the director's cut is paced better.

I had a great time seeing it at the theater when it came out.  It was great to see the cast back together.  I think the V'GER concept was interesting and different but it just wasn't paced well.  I'll have to watch the Director's Cut again, I guess.  I'm still fond of it but it would not be the first Star Trek film I'd introduce to friends who had not seen the films.

stargazr1976

Somewhat enjoyed the netflix version of lost in space.

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on May 18, 2018, 01:18:29 AM
Ah,. I'll check it out. Binged Battlestar Galactica a couple of years ago...pretty good.

Yes I think BG, at least the first few seasons was great (they lost their way a bit later imho).  The Expanse is the best one I've seen so far since then. 

dsz

What a way to treat a friend, Heather.

I'll be your friend, Fred.

#KCAAlone

stargazr1976

I saw lmn got served was it dead air for everyone else?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 01:24:27 AM
I had a great time seeing it at the theater when it came out.  It was great to see the cast back together.  I think the V'GER concept was interesting and different but it just wasn't paced well.  I'll have to watch the Director's Cut again, I guess.  I'm still fond of it but it would not be the first Star Trek film I'd introduce to friends who had not seen the films.

Oh, me neither... if I wanted them to watch the rest of them anyways.  I'd start with Khan.

sydtron

Quote from: teknoslag on May 18, 2018, 01:24:14 AM
Part V is probably one of the most misunderstood films in the entire franchise, if not science fiction in general. It has its flaws for sure, but it's unfairly derided. Often for reasons that have nothing to do with anything in the actual film, and moreso just the assumption it's "too religious." The moment I hear criticism begin with "that Star Trek movie where they meet God," I instantly tune out.  ;D  Anyone who predicates their argument against it on it being "too religious" obviously didn't actually watch it.

That was a double feature I saw as a kid at our local Drive -In. First was Naked Gun. Then Star Trek V.  I liked the premise of V. It made you think. Isn't that the one that Shattner Directed?

WOTR

Quote from: stargazr1976 on May 18, 2018, 01:23:17 AM
Im bored . Poor fuckers. 8)
Does this mean that I can look forward to this thread being at pate* 3702 when I wake up tomorrow?

*page

stargazr1976

Fred was hoagies biggest support at a time. Then Hoagie well.. He certainly didnt pay his bill to allan wiener. Think he still owes allan a few thousand for airtime.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on May 18, 2018, 01:25:20 AM
Yes I think BG, at least the first few seasons was great (they lost their way a bit later imho).  The Expanse is the best one I've seen so far since then.

The Expanse...wow, not heard of it. Just read it's concept... interesting...thanks

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 01:24:27 AM

Kahn!!!

stargazr1976

yea bluejay. its freedom rock. Aint high enough for that tho.

teknoslag

Quote from: sydtron on May 18, 2018, 01:27:33 AM
That was a double feature I saw as a kid at our local Drive -In. First was Naked Gun. Then Star Trek V.  I liked the premise of V. It made you think. Isn't that the one that Shattner Directed?

That's the one.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 18, 2018, 01:25:20 AM

I saw Season 5 of The 100 has started airing. I need to find episode 1. For some reason that one wasn’t on my cable on demand.

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 12:43:53 AM
Right.
I think we should leave the politics to the other section.
We all have our own experiences in life that shape us.
Let's respect the differences.

Why are you turning this thread into Bellahaven?  ???

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on May 18, 2018, 01:28:56 AM
The Expanse...wow, not heard of it. Just read it's concept... interesting...thanks

It's very good but I lost track of it about a year ago. I've got some catching up to do.

stargazr1976

My wifes son loved that album.

Quote from: teknoslag on May 18, 2018, 01:24:14 AM

I don't think it's the premise that's off putting (it's not) .. it's the execution.  Pacing, mostly .. and too much reliance on the humor that worked so well in IV.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 18, 2018, 01:27:49 AM
Does this mean that I can look forward to this thread being at pate 3702 when I wake up tomorrow?

Freudian slip?