• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

has george noory ever told a lie?

Started by tweet75, April 15, 2012, 10:48:09 PM

Quote from: tweet75 on April 15, 2012, 10:48:09 PM
can you name even one lie george noory has told?
2013:. I have only a sherry once in a while.
2015:. My nightly vodka.

Quote from: b_dubb on April 16, 2012, 12:58:41 PM
stop yanking our chain
I thought he said a couple years ago Coast Insiders would be able to view him in studio for an hour before some shows!

How's that Hawaii studio coming along?

Robert

Quote from: Tara on April 16, 2012, 06:14:09 AMNoory stated he was #2 behind Rush Limbaugh, never mentioning that he was #2 in affiliates, not listeners.
Oh.  Looking at the subject line, your not having quoted anything, I thought you meant Noory stated he & Limbaugh were #2 & #1 in lies, respectively.

Robert

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 15, 2012, 11:57:37 PM
Where to start.  How about 'I do 8 hours of prep work for each show, then I come on the air and do 4 more hours'.  Followed up with having Lisa Lyings sending out emails in responnce to complaints that George is the hardest working man in radio.

If any of that is true then he may as well stop, because the show sounds like he walks in completely cold just about every single night.
No, it often sounds worse.  If he came in completely cold & conducted the show that way, all golly gee whiz, that wouldn't be so bad, and sometimes it is indeed that way.  I've heard emcees w that style who were pretty good.  But often it sounds like he prepped a little in some retarded way, seizing on some irrelevancies while missing the big picture.  The interviewee mentions something Noory recognizes from his prep, & he thinks, "Aha!  This is where my preparation pays off."  Then he jumps in & derails the interview.

albrecht

Whatever happened to the "Foundation" he was going to set up to help out C2C listeners who are down on their luck? Or the "program" he was going to have with his quack medicine outfit to help listeners who "are on a fixed income" or "can't afford supplements?" What about he proclaiming how proud he is to "always provide a live show on holidays" due to dedicated listeners and those without families or shut-ins? And personally host on "holidays" but cutting to recordings (the fake car accident comedy sketch about old ladies beating up a guy or previously recorded segments? And, this year, I guess, Norry didn't consider Good Friday, Easter, or Passover a "holiday."

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2017, 04:56:00 PM
Whatever happened to the "Foundation" he was going to set up to help out C2C listeners who are down on their luck? Or the "program" he was going to have with his quack medicine outfit to help listeners who "are on a fixed income" or "can't afford supplements?" What about he proclaiming how proud he is to "always provide a live show on holidays" due to dedicated listeners and those without families or shut-ins? And personally host on "holidays" but cutting to recordings (the fake car accident comedy sketch about old ladies beating up a guy or previously recorded segments? And, this year, I guess, Norry didn't consider Good Friday, Easter, or Passover a "holiday."

According to this, he is overdue.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: lovesfreshair on April 29, 2017, 01:12:38 AM
I thought he said a couple years ago Coast Insiders would be able to view him in studio for an hour before some shows!

I haven't followed very  closely, has the webcam ever happened? I remember he kept hyping it like some big new feature, even during a time when everybody had the capabilities to film themselves with great ease.

As for Noory lies, when he dumps a guest and acts shock that they "mysteriously" disappeared.