• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 28, 2018, 11:01:44 AM
Huh?

You all rip her off but she's an "ingrate"??

How's that work anyway? ::)
She is a kleptomaniac.  But I hadn't realized who was paying for a lot of the food.  I had contributed, but she scorned contributions.  She confiscates independently stored food.  So, we can't "bring our own", can't "contribute", and so she was providing.  LOL.  It is funny.  She stole my own food, my Christmas present, 30 bars of soap, 40 rolls of toilet paper, 2 toilet paper roll holders, my laundry, and my house plant.  She even told me she would steal the Christmas gift she gave me, lol.  She also terrorizes people here during rages.  We live like refugees because she reduces the household to that level.  I think God put me here to re-moralize one of her relatives who has put up with this for over 20 years.  Others get mad when I call an aid car for klepto.  They have a point.  But when I can, I still call for her because my dad would have wanted me to.  She is very spoiled, however.

Jojo

I had the shed renter served a restraining order yesterday.  It was already in effect, but he hadn't known.  As an aside, he still doesn't see that in the eyes of officers, he is guilty for verbally "starting it", when he insults people.
There are household criteria on the day-to-day order's effect.  A prudent man would vacate, but this guy won't.  After he was served, someone spray painted "hot boy" in red on the street side of the fence, lol.

On another topic, the pitbull mix's owner was gone during a car break-down.  "Kilo" progressed to giving me the whites of her eyes.  I know that funny look.  She looked over my baby gate (when it was horizontal).  Later I tied a bandana in knots for her.  She is the Queen of all the dog toys around here.  I'm thinking of making long rope tug toys.  Good for rapport building through the doorway.  My cat & I are finding more moments to get outside the room.  I made the mistake of going out without my car keys.  Won't do that again.  Got to keep all options open.  How long will this go on.

The first thing I asked when I moved here was, "Would you allow big dogs here?"  The answer was, "No, we have little dogs."  But two big dogs have lived here.  There is a housing shortage.  I think of moving, but even at its worst, which is pretty bad, this place is still better than others.

Today everyone found 2 needles & a tossed mess in the bathroom.  The visiting relative got in trouble, as there was a spoon.  He admitted it but denied use  ::).  All I could do was talk about safe storage and discuss AIDS & hepatitis.  He hadn't realized there is a suspected drug user with a disease who visits. He straightened up his mess.  He is visiting for community service.  One fine was well reduced.  I hope the remaining fine is too so Kilo can go home.

I found out he's not spoiled.  He didn't even know his grandmother here until she found him on Facebook.  His parents divorced when he was little & the formerly married-in woman raised him.

This is all "Beyond Belief" to me.  Needles?  Are you kidding me.  Perhaps I should have confiscated them, but there is a diabetic stash here anyhow.

Jackstar

Quote from: 14 on June 29, 2018, 01:11:57 PM
Needles?  Are you kidding me.

At one time, they were subject to strict controls. I guess that didn't work out, n'est-ce pas?

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 02:14:30 PM
She is a kleptomaniac.  But I hadn't realized who was paying for a lot of the food.  I had contributed, but she scorned contributions.  She confiscates independently stored food.  So, we can't "bring our own", can't "contribute", and so she was providing.  LOL.  It is funny.  She stole my own food, my Christmas present, 30 bars of soap, 40 rolls of toilet paper, 2 toilet paper roll holders, my laundry, and my house plant.  She even told me she would steal the Christmas gift she gave me, lol.  She also terrorizes people here during rages.  We live like refugees because she reduces the household to that level.  I think God put me here to re-moralize one of her relatives who has put up with this for over 20 years.  Others get mad when I call an aid car for klepto.  They have a point.  But when I can, I still call for her because my dad would have wanted me to.  She is very spoiled, however.

Taken at face value - that's WAR!

Take all her crap and put it on the curb. >:(

Metron2267

The first thing I asked when I moved here was, "Would you allow big dogs here?"  The answer was, "No, we have little dogs."  But two big dogs have lived here.  There is a housing shortage.  I think of moving, but even at its worst, which is pretty bad, this place is still better than others.

Is there some reason other than economic hardship that you have to live there?

Isn't there a nice trailer park that might work or a room over a storefront?

Just doesn't sound like a healthy environment or even a safe space... :-[

Dr. MD MD

Instead of trying to reduce the amount of calories in your meals you should try to reduce the amount of stupidity in your brain. It's probably an impossibility but you need something to do.

ksm32

I had the shed renter served a restraining order yesterday.  It was already in effect, but he hadn't known.  As an aside, he still doesn't see that in the eyes of officers, he is guilty for verbally "starting it", when he insults people.
There are household criteria on the day-to-day order's effect.  A prudent man would vacate, but this guy won't.  After he was served, someone spray painted "hot boy" in red on the street side of the fence, lol.

On another topic, the pitbull mix's owner was gone during a car break-down.  "Kilo" progressed to giving me the whites of her eyes.  I know that funny look.  She looked over my baby gate (when it was horizontal).  Later I tied a bandana in knots for her.  She is the Queen of all the dog toys around here.  I'm thinking of making long rope tug toys.  Good for rapport building through the doorway.  My cat & I are finding more moments to get outside the room.  I made the mistake of going out without my car keys.  Won't do that again.  Got to keep all options open.  How long will this go on.

Today everyone found 2 needles & a tossed mess in the bathroom.  The visiting relative got in trouble, as there was a spoon.  He admitted it but denied use  ::).  All I could do was talk about safe storage and discuss AIDS & hepatitis.  He hadn't realized there is a suspected drug user with a disease who visits. He straightened up his mess.  He is visiting for community service.  One fine was well reduced.  I hope the remaining fine is too so Kilo can go home.

I found out he's not spoiled.  He didn't even know his grandmother here until she found him on Facebook.  His parents divorced when he was little & the formerly married-in woman raised him.

This is all "Beyond Belief" to me.  Needles?  Are you kidding me.  Perhaps I should have confiscated them, but there is a diabetic stash here anyhow.

Work full time hours for a month and git yourself outta that shithole. Really, what's it gonna take?

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 29, 2018, 01:37:46 PM
At one time, they were subject to strict controls. I guess that didn't work out, n'est-ce pas?
I know  - years back I requested a syringe just to irrigate a dental spot & a pharmacist wouldn't sell it.

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 29, 2018, 03:36:55 PM
...Take all her crap and put it on the curb. >:(
How 'bout I eat her food.  She is the lease holder's relative...

Quote from: ksm32 on June 29, 2018, 07:57:23 PM
Work full time hours for a month and git yourself outta that shithole. Really, what's it gonna take?
Yeah, I know.  It's urgent.

KSM, I DID work FT last quarter but between rent & transportation, I was unable to work gainfully at that time, even with some overtime, but don't think I've given up.  Some digging out takes longer than others.

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 29, 2018, 03:39:58 PM
Is there some reason other than economic hardship that you have to live there?...
There's nothing binding.  Trailer parks are closed.  Rooms are full & exhorbitant, but whenever finances allow moving, I read all the ads.  The only areas I've seen so far have way more gangs and gunshots.

Today's encouragement reminds me to continue to network/maintain my own ads.

I sincerely was hoping that the care giving and house cleaning I did the last 2 years would land me a nice, affordable room with some senior lady.  Almost, but not quite.

I'm on waiting lists for low-income housing.  I think I'm on an out-out-county list too, but I better make sure.

This place is not healthy, & sometimes not safe.  But in comparison to other recent ones here are the improvements:
No known gang affiliations - Important
No known landlord-voyeur-sociopath-cameras - Important
Seldom chain smoking indoors - Important
Heated in winter - Important
No serious electrical problems - Important
No serious fumes/leaks - Important
I am allowed to have a bed - Important
Not too many gunshots - Important
No destructive rodents
No hard core vermin
No hard baseballs hitting the window above my bed and cat (irresponsible, uncooperative landlord-parents)
No one stealing purses, checkbooks, money - just stealing small stuff.
Don't have to keep my food in a basement
No serious water heater hazards
No constrictor snakes
No mold

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 29, 2018, 07:16:22 PM
Did people try to pick on you today.  Did you start it.

At least the needle owner fixed my headlight wiring, so I can leave after dark if needed.

This evening the lease holder said the 86-year old who controls the purse strings wants the respondent here.  He slaves for her.  I said I will not cancel it, but will let it expire naturally in a week or so.

Kilo got loose twice when her owner said I could walk my cat.  No one got hurt, but it was awful. The lease holder promised more control next time, but it's not even worth it.  Cat was unphased, but I really didn't appreciate having that breed lean up to my collarbone.  She was defiant when her owner told her to back off.  He wanted me to walk away, but I wouldn't put my back to her because I didn't want her to chase.  Meanwhile I'm holding the cat, covering her with my hands & arms.  I'm so angry at the owner, although finally he removed her.  Prior to today he had been very trustworthy.  That walk could have gone wrong on so many levels.  Mistake #1:  I never should have previously walked my cat when Kilo was in view.  Now I realize Kilo has been storing up agitated curiosity from all those times she pawed at her window view of us walking.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 12:18:59 AM
I know  - years back I requested a syringe just to irrigate a dental spot & a pharmacist wouldn't sell it.
How 'bout I eat her food.  She is the lease holder's relative...
Yeah, I know.  It's urgent.

KSM, I DID work FT last quarter but between rent & transportation, I was unable to work gainfully at that time, even with some overtime, but don't think I've given up.  Some digging out takes longer than others.
There's nothing binding.  Trailer parks are closed.  Rooms are full & exhorbitant, but whenever finances allow moving, I read all the ads.  The only areas I've seen so far have way more gangs and gunshots.

Today's encouragement reminds me to continue to network/maintain my own ads.

I sincerely was hoping that the care giving and house cleaning I did the last 2 years would land me a nice, affordable room with some senior lady.  Almost, but not quite.

I'm on waiting lists for low-income housing.  I think I'm on an out-out-county list too, but I better make sure.

This place is not healthy, & sometimes not safe.  But in comparison to other recent ones here are the improvements:
No destructive rodents
No hard core vermin
No hard baseballs hitting the window above my bed and cat (irresponsible, uncooperative landlord-parents)
No constrictor snakes
No mold

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 29, 2018, 07:16:22 PM
Did people try to pick on you today.  Did you start it.

At least the needle owner fixed my headlight wiring, so I can leave after dark if needed.

This evening the lease holder said the 86-year old who controls the purse strings wants the respondent here.  He slaves for her.  I said I will not cancel it, but will let it expire naturally in a week or so.

Kilo got loose twice when her owner said I could walk my cat.  No one got hurt, but it was awful. The lease holder promised more control next time, but it's not even worth it.  Cat was unphased, but I really didn't appreciate having that breed lean up to my collarbone.  She was defiant when her owner told her to back off.  He wanted me to walk away, but I wouldn't put my back to her because I didn't want her to chase.  Meanwhile I'm holding the cat, covering her with my hands & arms.  I'm so angry at the owner, although finally he removed her.  Prior to today he had been very trustworthy.  That walk could have gone wrong on so many levels.  Mistake #1:  I never should have previously walked my cat when Kilo was in view.  Now I realize Kilo has been storing up agitated curiosity from all those times she pawed at her window view of us walking.

Suck a bag of dirty dicks you horrible lesbian. Today you were actually advocating fornthe murdering of babies, you sick fuck! Now please go die in a fire, you piece of shit!

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 30, 2018, 12:21:52 AM
Suck a bag of dirty dicks you horrible lesbian. Today you were actually advocating fornthe murdering of babies, you sick fuck! Now please go die in a fire, you piece of shit!
Get a grip.  No, I did not advocate for the murdering of babies.  Have you no sense of my post history at all?  The mere thought of common abortifacients in hormonal birth control makes me sick.  No one tells the women that if the hormone treatments fails and if an egg is fertilized, then an abortion drug murders the baby.  Now, how would that have anything to do with advocating for baby murder?  That doesn't even make sense.

You tone is becoming a bore.  Have you been hacked?
Me

Jojo

The cat got two nice Midnight walks.  So happy.
I continued the high protein, minimal carbs & fats allowed diet today.  I had to treat low blood sugar, but that might have been a meal timing issue.  It wasn't horrible, but a reminder to get those carbs in early in the day, at least some.
Me

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 12:18:59 AM

You might want to see if hotpads.com is relevant in your area - lots of good rental info. there.

QuoteToday's encouragement reminds me to continue to network/maintain my own ads.

Is there some way to hook up with a care-giving operation as a full time gig and work it from there?

QuoteI'm on waiting lists for low-income housing.  I think I'm on an out-out-county list too, but I better make sure.

No destructive rodents
No hard core vermin
No constrictor snakes
No mold

Dang!

If you've lived through al of that you really are in dire straits!

I do hope you can move past this phase of life, if you're bondable for home health care or can get that way I see a path. I wish you all the best getting there. :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 05:21:50 AM
Get a grip.  No, I did not advocate for the murdering of babies.  Have you no sense of my post history at all?  The mere thought of common abortifacients in hormonal birth control makes me sick.  No one tells the women that if the hormone treatments fails and if an egg is fertilized, then an abortion drug murders the baby.  Now, how would that have anything to do with advocating for baby murder?  That doesn't even make sense.

You tone is becoming a bore.  Have you been hacked?
Me

Yea, yes you did! Right after trying to label me an anti-Semite. I'm making it my personal mission now to show people what a piece of shit you are. I'm NEVER going to stop. So, fuck yourself with a rusty chain saw,you sick fucking hag! >:(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 05:26:35 AM
The cat got two nice Midnight walks.  So happy.
I continued the high protein, minimal carbs & fats allowed diet today.  I had to treat low blood sugar, but that might have been a meal timing issue.  It wasn't horrible, but a reminder to get those carbs in early in the day, at least some.
Me

I hope your cat dies a painful agonizing death! >:(

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 30, 2018, 09:37:37 AM
Yea, yes you did! Right after trying to label me an anti-Semite. I'm making it my personal mission now to show people what a piece of shit you are. I'm NEVER going to stop. So, fuck yourself with a rusty chain saw,you sick fucking hag! >:(

For the record, I have never seen you post anything that even approaches "anti-Semite".

14 needs to quit label-flaming people with racist insults. :(

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 30, 2018, 10:39:00 AM
For the record, I have never seen you post anything that even approaches "anti-Semite".

14 needs to quit label-flaming people with racist insults. :(
He says he is not anti-Semite.  I concede to Dr. MD MD.  He doesn't consider himself bigoted.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  My bad.  This has a many-month not to long ago history between us, but I overreacted depending on how you define prejudice.  It turns out I used a word that was too strong.  At least he denies it.  I'm glad for that.  I apologize and am sorry for labeling you, MD.
Unit 14

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 30, 2018, 09:38:40 AM
I hope your cat dies a painful agonizing death! >:(
Leave my pussy out of this.
Unit 14

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 08:24:19 PM
He says he is not anti-Semite.  I concede to Dr. MD MD.  He doesn't consider himself bigoted.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  My bad.  This has a many-month not to long ago history between us, but I overreacted depending on how you define prejudice.  It turns out I used a word that was too strong.  At least he denies it.  I'm glad for that.  I apologize and am sorry for labeling you, MD.
Unit 14

Leave my pussy out of this.
Unit 14

Whatever. You'll probably just try it again a month from now. ::)

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 30, 2018, 08:27:49 AM
You might want to see if hotpads.com is relevant in your area - lots of good rental info. there.

Is there some way to hook up with a care-giving operation as a full time gig and work it from there?

Dang!

If you've lived through al of that you really are in dire straits!

I do hope you can move past this phase of life, if you're bondable for home health care or can get that way I see a path. I wish you all the best getting there. :)
Yeah, thanks.  Yes, I'm bondable.  I was too embarrassed to tell anyone that I moved about 5 times in a year.  Don't even have a real piece of furniture left after all that.  But now I have a year under my belt in a furnished room.  I couldn't believe the things I saw.  This place, being simply that the people are older, started out as a good refuge for the first six months here.

Well, alright, I'll check out the hotpads.  And keep my eye out for caregiving opps.  I want my cat to live forever; she is now 18.  But everything, everything will make more sense after she deceases.  Right now, especially here, I want to be home enough to keep an eye on things. like have a very short commute or even work at night.  Once these people go to bed & a house check is done, usually things are safe through the night.  These people burn candles into furniture though and already lost one home to a fire.  And they all smoke.  One tosses the ends onto dry grass without putting it out on occasion.

Soon, she'll need help to remember to drink water, to coax her to eat.  You know how it goes.  Been through this too many times, but she's been my buddy since 2002.  She is a very, very special cat who is well adapted after her origins of having been unfortunately declawed and lost or abandoned long ago while still fertile, with a hip disability or car accident injury.  Naturally, she was uptight and defensive, but she is amazingly well adjusted and we've gotten even closer in the last 6 years living in "rooms", alone together, since her three brothers passed away in 2012.  I worried so much when the crap hit the fan in 2008 that we all would get separated, but we were really blessed to be able to stay together while renting in other people's homes.  So far and counting.

Jojo

The scale moved today, finally.  Averaging 2lbs per week, a slightly lower average than last year's diet, but my jobs no longer involve stairs.  I feel hope.  That low carb stuff works; I just have to really monitor myself in case of hypoglycemia.  But feeling hungry always has felt good to me.  Like the lymph is moving around in various areas.

Kilo licked my hand when I woke up & opened the door today.  So I guess her jumping up on me and cat yesterday actually had been friendly.  But, later my adrenaline spiked hard when she came into view unexpectedly.  She must think I'm a total weeny; I know dogs can smell fear.  I think she understands, though.  I always act very subdued around her.  I just want to get through this.  She was gone later today, so cat & I had a relaxing walk outside.

My appetite is lower with Kilo here, so that helps.

Unit 14

ksm32

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 08:47:58 PM
The scale moved today, finally.  Averaging 2lbs per week, a slightly lower average than last year's diet, but my jobs no longer involve stairs.
Unit 14

Height and weight?

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on July 01, 2018, 04:06:19 AM
I accept your fealty.
Just keep your payments up and we're fine  :o.
Unit 14
P.S.  I had so much fun reviewing that EX bit tonight.   A thread like that is once in a lifetime.

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 08:35:03 PM
Yeah, thanks.  Yes, I'm bondable.  I was too embarrassed to tell anyone that I moved about 5 times in a year.  Don't even have a real piece of furniture left after all that.  But now I have a year under my belt in a furnished room.  I couldn't believe the things I saw.  This place, being simply that the people are older, started out as a good refuge for the first six months here.

And now it's not.

Get a gig, understand the kitty may be around 2 more weeks or 2 more years - you can't sit in a flophouse with no job waiting for her to make her peace with the Creator.

Not unless you really enjoy the drama of where you're at now... ???

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on July 01, 2018, 12:34:33 PM
And now it's not.

Get a gig, understand the kitty may be around 2 more weeks or 2 more years - you can't sit in a flophouse with no job waiting for her to make her peace with the Creator.

Not unless you really enjoy the drama of where you're at now... ???
I can't sit anywhere without a job.  No one pays rent for me.  Unemployment is several hundred dollars short on covering the basics (rent, transportation, CAT stuff...).  So I do what you said.

She has a birth defect or car accident injury & the adoptive agency told me that she has to walk.  If she doesn't get walks, she cripples up pretty badly, where she has trouble walking.  It's important I walk her outside the room.  Of course a work schedule can accommodate pet walking, but also right now every walk she gets in this pitbull mess is a miracle.  Also, I know all about "work" "first", as I have never not supported myself.  But, at Cat's age, it's great if I can be here when the urge to walk strikes her, because she no longer reliably accepts a scheduled walk.

I think men support each other differently than women.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on July 02, 2018, 12:24:20 AM
I think men support each other differently than women.

Do you mean in the sense that we're not wildly illogical like you and purely driven by emotion (mostly rage, let's be honest)? ???

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 02, 2018, 12:28:45 AM
Do you mean in the sense that we're not wildly illogical like you and purely driven by emotion (mostly rage, let's be honest)? ???
Jackstar, would you re-state this sentence in English for me?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on July 02, 2018, 12:38:44 AM
Jackstar, would you re-state this sentence in English for me?

It won't help. You don't appear to speak it.