• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Gassy Man

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
Jealous huh?
Not at all, and that's called an ad hominem argument, as it changes nothing about the reality that she's not good at what she does.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 01:44:36 PM
Byan Alvarez already has a paid sub site. "Hundreds of archived shows available for subscribers at wrestlingobserver.com." lol No offense, but are you really up on all this?  ::)
Have you listened to BA's Sunday night shows?  He's is an ex-pro wrestler with a following in wresting webcast but has an interest in paranormal.  I don't know if he could or wants to do five nights a week, but I liked his style. Some of the other DM hosts are trying way too hard to believe everything that comes along.

Ciardelo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 12, 2015, 03:58:35 PM
Have you listened to BA's Sunday night shows?  He's is an ex-pro wrestler with a following in wresting webcast but has an interest in paranormal.  I don't know if he could or wants to do five nights a week, but I liked his style. Some of the other DM hosts are trying way too hard to believe everything that comes along.
You exactly made my point. He all up in his wrasslin' stuff. He's very busy on his own network.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 12, 2015, 03:51:57 PM
Not at all, and that's called an ad hominem argument, as it changes nothing about the reality that she's not good at what she does.
So, what can you do but bitch and moan about it? It's a done deal man. :)

Gassy Man

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 04:10:59 PM
So, what can you do but bitch and moan about it? It's a done deal man. :)
That's a straw man.  People can certainly discuss it, and given that she is now the host, there's no reason the topic of her skills aren't relevant -- that's what this thread is about.  If that's not what you want to discuss, choose a different thread.

Claudius

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 12, 2015, 04:21:46 PM
That's a straw man.  People can certainly discuss it, and given that she is now the host, there's no reason the topic of her skills aren't relevant -- that's what this thread is about.  If that's not what you want to discuss, choose a different thread.
I have to agree, while I felt bad for her last night she is in no way prepared or qualified for this position, nor would I expect her to be. She is now broadcasting across the country on multiple radio stations (including Guam), you really think she's the person for this?

On a different note I don't think it matters, I have severe doubts that the show will survive through next week, let alone this weekend.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 12, 2015, 03:58:35 PM

Sound like him and Tim Dennis from darkness radio have a lot in common.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 12, 2015, 04:21:46 PM
lol. I'm here to discuss, same as you. You choose to bitch and moan, I choose to remain posit. Carry on! :)

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 04:36:08 PM
lol. I'm here to discuss, same as you. You choose to bitch and moan, I choose to remain posit. Carry on! :)

posit  +1

Gassy Man

Well, you attack others while using logical fallacies.  If you think what I and others are saying is "bitching and moaning," then what you are doing is "babbling and embarrassing yourself" with ignorant commentary, but, hey, carry on.  :D

Ciardelo

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 12, 2015, 04:39:23 PM
posit  +1
Oh shit. lol. My keyboard is running low. Can I borrow a ive from you?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 12, 2015, 04:40:31 PM
Well, you attack others while using logical fallacies.  If you think what I and others are saying is "bitching and moaning," then what you are doing is "babbling and embarrassing yourself" with ignorant commentary, but, hey, carry on.  :D
You sure do know a lot about arguing there fancy man. But I know bitching and moaning when I read it. And all you are doing is bitching and moaning.

Those who want to bitch should check out midnight fans. It's nothing but  bitching about redacted.

whoozit

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 04:25:33 PM
I have to agree, while I felt bad for her last night she is in no way prepared or qualified for this position, nor would I expect her to be. She is now broadcasting across the country on multiple radio stations (including Guam), you really think she's the person for this?

On a different note I don't think it matters,I have severe doubts that the show will survive through next week, let alone this weekend.
Please explain, I'm confused.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 04:42:30 PM
You sure do know a lot about arguing there fancy man. But I know bitching and moaning when I read it. And all you are doing is bitching and moaning.
I teach it.  I write and publish regularly.  I've won awards, and I make an excellent living at it.  I even use examples from this site and others in class to show poor reasoning and logical fallacies.  Yours will now be among them.  My students always get a good laugh, especially when they spot someone without the sense or education to know what they're talking about.  So just keep doing what you're doing.  All it does is help us out.

I'm keeping my subscription. Heather will get better also even if Art does 1 show a month that's worth $5 to me easy.

coaster

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 12, 2015, 04:42:41 PM
Those who want to bitch should check out midnight fans. It's nothing but  bitching about redacted.
People are just frustrated about Art, and are taking it out on her. It's not her fault. But this is typical behavior. They wouldn't be happy with anyone but Art, and hes not coming back, so it's bitch and moan time.

Quote from: coaster on December 12, 2015, 04:48:05 PM
People are just frustrated about Art, and are taking it out on her. It's not her fault. But this is typical behavior. They wouldn't be happy with anyone but Art, and hes not coming back, so it's bitch and moan time.

Yes, it's sort of a no win for Heather.

Soylentblue

I need to hear a few more shows before I jump to any conclusions about Heather.

What I do know is that the OP is a troll by mislabeling this thread.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 04:25:33 PM

On a different note I don't think it matters, I have severe doubts that the show will survive through next week, let alone this weekend.
I wish her no ill will, nor do I think you or others do.  I was supportive of her when she was announced as a co-host.  But that was a different position than carrying an entire show.  And she had time to hone her skills more.  What I heard last night was no different than months ago, so she's made no progress.  And she's clearly not a professional.  She's been given a great opportunity, but I don't think she's the right talent for it.  In the meantime, unless something changes soon, I think your prediction is in the ballpark.             

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 12, 2015, 04:47:54 PM
I'm keeping my subscription. Heather will get better also even if Art does 1 show a month that's worth $5 to me easy.

I agree. I'm going to keep my sub and see what happens. Good luck to her, I'm sure she'll get better each night.

Gassy Man

I don't think that's true in many cases.  She would be as inappropriate even if the circumstances were different, such as when she was announced as a co-host when the show debuted.  Dismissing the fact that she lacks the skills for the job is not dependent on whether one likes or dislikes Art.  She is just as unskilled.

Bleefy

This.

Also, I think the shittiest thing of all was how Art left her out to dry last night. I can accept all the other stuff, but I'm actually mad that he could do that to his own producer.

I'm still more or less neutral on Heather, but if she can survive such a trial by fire, I'm more than willing to wait and watch.

onan

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 12, 2015, 04:47:47 PM
I teach it.  I write and publish regularly.  I've won awards, and I make an excellent living at it.  I even use examples from this site and others in class to show poor reasoning and logical fallacies.  Yours will now be among them.  My students always get a good laugh, especially when they spot someone without the sense or education to know what they're talking about.  So just keep doing what you're doing.  All it does is help us out.

Add this to your class notes. You arrogant piece of shit. Fuck you. You came her with the specific intention to ridicule Heather. No one with any amount of reasoning thinks she is the second iteration of Art Bell. She stepped up and did the job. Sorry your rhetoric and logic is offended. Just for your class, so please only let your class read it.

Is this guy as big an ass in class as on this forum?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 12, 2015, 04:47:47 PM
Oh! Mr. teacher man taught me! But they also will see bitching and moaning if you are honest enough to put it in your files Mr. man.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 12, 2015, 04:49:02 PM
Yes, it's sort of a no win for Heather.

i get that heather wants to be a radio host, but if i were her, i would walk away from this altogether and go do my own thing somewhere else, unencumbered by the ghost of art bell which will continue to haunt her until she's run out of town by crazies with pitch forks.  to start off as the host of a show under these circumstances is less than auspicious, to say the least.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 12, 2015, 04:53:32 PM
I don't think that's true in many cases.  She would be as inappropriate even if the circumstances were different, such as when she was announced as a co-host when the show debuted.  Dismissing the fact that she lacks the skills for the job is not dependent on whether one likes or dislikes Art.  She is just as unskilled.
Yet there she sits with the job. That really pisses you off don't it?

coaster

I didn't listen to the show last night. I just think mob mentality is silly. Crucify the new host because your savior is gone. Eh, what are ya gonna do? I know Heather is inexperienced,  but Art is gone. Move on people.
People are mad at Art, and if you honestly think people are not venting their frustrations towards Heather, its pointless trying to explain.