• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 15, 2018, 05:16:14 PM
Ha. Speaking of Norskies, if you haven't heard the "Sven from Swiss Cottage" stunt by Peter Cook is pure brilliance and never gets old. And so bizarre.

Ha you may laugh but I am down to the last two of those in the fridge and starting to get nervous.

BTW the spotty supply of nøkkelost has driven me to create what I am calling Norwegian Rye:  the Swedes have theirs with orange and caraway, so to scratch the nøkkelost itch I have infused the bread with the spices themselves, i. e. cloves and cumin seed.  I am amazed no one has thought of this before.  The last couple experiments have been very successful.

sydtron

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 15, 2018, 05:41:40 PM
I assume you guys saw this?

Aye. Were having a giggle.
You don't perhaps have a dump button to lend poor princess pouty face do you Timbo?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 15, 2018, 05:45:07 PM
You can always count on me...eventually.

SpookyTim, the Abacus of Paranormal Radioâ,,¢️

ponyboysunset

Quote from: sydtron on May 15, 2018, 05:48:16 PM
You don't perhaps have a dump button to lend poor princess outy face do you Timbo?
He needs his, he does real radio you know the kind that gets beams down from  a tower? Lol.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 15, 2018, 05:49:54 PM
You're*
You legal work? This guy has an issue with the words you’re, your and you.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2018, 05:46:58 PM
What are the odds that two of you would end up on Bellgab in the same century, let alone the same time?

The Lord works in mysterious ways

::)

;)

albrecht

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 15, 2018, 02:55:33 PM
I miss Zima. :-[
I miss "Tequiza" because some marketing genius said: "you know what is an untapped market? A cheap beer that gives you the after-taste that you just swilled cheap tequila and are chasing it with a lime and cheap beer but without the tequila!"
btw, listened to a bit of MITD2. Just to see. Sounds horrible. Besides the audio quality her voice is shot. I guess all the crying?  ;) Or maybe he reached puberty?

Pizzapunch

Night 2 and it's already time for a replay!  I wonder which show she'll choose from the archives, I guess it's ready when you only have one.

SpookyTim

Quote from: sydtron on May 15, 2018, 05:48:16 PM
You don't perhaps have a dump button to lend poor princess pouty face do you Timbo?

My dump button is only a 14-second delay. I'd have to find her one that's four hours long.

whoozit

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 15, 2018, 04:24:27 PM
Oh, Shill Bill..

https://twitter.com/xxxxbillxxx/status/996515815515025408

The “man” kinda has a point, though.
Two out of three ain’t bad.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 15, 2018, 05:50:51 PM
You legal work? This guy has an issue with the words you’re, your and you.

Your dam write!

timebandit

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 15, 2018, 05:41:40 PM
I assume you guys saw this?
thanks..no I didn't,
much appreciated

sydtron

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 15, 2018, 05:49:21 PM
He needs his, he does real radio you know the kind that gets beams down from  a tower? Lol.

Man..now I want Heather to do a show entirely in Morse Code... .. / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- . -.. / .- .-. -

ponyboysunset

Quote from: sydtron on May 15, 2018, 05:54:43 PM
Man..now I want Heather to do a show entirely in Morse Code... .. / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- . -.. / .- .-. -
Would be better than her voice I hear. Zing!

sydtron

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 15, 2018, 05:51:38 PM
My dump button is only a 14-second delay. I'd have to find her one that's four hours long.
Heh heh

Pizzapunch

I ate a bunch of Indian food, and then was waiting in a long line at best buy, last black Friday. I discovered that day my dump button didn't have a delay.

Doomed

The dump button is broken?? WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
That's the excuse she came up with? A busted dump button?
Gimme one of them adult diapers. I just shit myself...  ;D
So...no unscreened open lines again, eh? Big surprise there.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 15, 2018, 05:55:46 PM

She could do it in braille.

sydtron

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 15, 2018, 05:55:46 PM
See then she could play Wichita Lineman and have a new bumper

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 15, 2018, 05:47:48 PM
Ha you may laugh but I am down to the last two of those in the fridge and starting to get nervous.

BTW the spotty supply of nøkkelost has driven me to create what I am calling Norwegian Rye:  the Swedes have theirs with orange and caraway, so to scratch the nøkkelost itch I have infused the bread with the spices themselves, i. e. cloves and cumin seed.  I am amazed no one has thought of this before.  The last couple experiments have been very successful.
That is no laughing matter. Interesting "hack" on the Swedish cheese. Ha.
I once asked a cheese shop at one of those wine/cheese tasting deals (I know, I know but sometimes you get roped in and at least you could drink) if they had any Gammelost and the proprietor who was bragging to us about all the types of cheese he had was startled and said "no, it would interfere with the taste of the other cheeses."

"Tahir Mahmood Qureshi discovered that traditional Norwegian cheese Gamalost is actually good for your heart."
http://sciencenordic.com/stinky-old-cheese-good-your-heart

ps: considering it is about that time you probably can hit various SON, Seaman's Churches, Pacific Lutheran University, etc and find folks selling your  beloved brown goat cheese.

SpookyTim

I like how she claimed the dropped stream has been fixed...when in actuality, they just know that taking tonight off and doing a replay will cut the audience in half by tomorrow. Addition by attrition.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: sydtron on May 15, 2018, 05:57:16 PM
New bumper music? Next you’ll suggest a name change for the show.  ::)

aldousburbank

Quote from: sydtron on May 15, 2018, 05:57:16 PM

DY with the best version imo.

https://youtu.be/KVdQuwIp3Gk

albrecht

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 15, 2018, 05:51:28 PM
Night 2 and it's already time for a replay!  I wonder which show she'll choose from the archives, I guess it's ready when you only have one.
She is following a RCH "model."

Freyja

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 15, 2018, 02:26:55 PM
I don't know if she was (as a host) awful or not, because I didn't tune in. My impression was more that (aside from the general dislike of her which most people here seem to share) the network kept going down. That's not great for a first night. To be fair, Dave had a night where the audio wasn't that hot. It happens. We'll see how it develops. Or, rather, you all shall see. I can't stay up to listen to either show live, and will listen to the show I'm paying $5/month for, with my morning coffee.

To be fair, ya'll should listen to the complete archive of last night's show and not base any/all opinions on what I have read here on the fiasco during the live broadcast...didn't hear it, HOWVER I'm half way through the free archive now.

Just to say, I never listened to HLW after the first few shows on MITD.

What I will say after listening to about half of last night's whatever is this:
* she chose some really good tunes for what should have been an Art tribute show
*Strieber read what he orated at Art's funeral which we would have never heard
*HLW sounded a lot less phony and contrived than previously on this show

That said:
* it seemed to be the Anne, Whitley and anal probe show...poor Strieber who was going to loose his cabin, broke...whatever...what does that have to do with a tribute to Art?!?!?...HLW didn't control the interview and it all become about the 2 narcissists.
*I get that Strieber and  Art were friends...Anne and Ramona too, however I almost threw up when Strieber is now talking about his new book, the conferences he is going to and how many times a day he meditates and what he sees/experiences....white moths people!!
WTF does that have to do with an Art Bell tribute?!?!?
*HLW lies

K granted I'm only half way through whatever this is.

My take is that although there is probably some emotion there with Art's passing, it's really not about Art at all...it's all about them and OMG what do we do now.

Looking forward to hearing what tonight's alleged "open lines" bring in the alleged "Art Bell Tribute"

Won't be listening live ( although I'd love to with all of you) so  hope to find a source to catch up in the a.m.

Tide Pods all...and of course praise MV  :P

K...shoot away...I'm ready...

aldousburbank

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 15, 2018, 05:51:28 PM

Best of

Dyna-X

Oddly enough, Art should have spares stashed away from the C2C days, probably half a ton of semi-mothballed equipment in the garage or his shed. I wonder if it would be compatible.