• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Fidget

Started by KnyeGuy, July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

Mr. Fidget

Looks like this thread has gone binary. ;)

Mr. Fidget

Looks like MV had another lost attachment debacle roun' here.

Fidget Friday!

Element 115

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on October 07, 2016, 02:58:23 PM
Looks like MV had another lost attachment debacle roun' here.

Fidget Friday!

These rock. Are these new? Are they for sale? Specifically this style?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Element 115 on October 07, 2016, 06:02:44 PM
These rock. Are these new? Are they for sale? Specifically this style?
Not yet, coming soon... I hope.

Dr. MD MD

Will you be doing a commemorative Trump fidget?  ???

Mr. Fidget

Well gabbers, I'm working... it's a $10 hr. sales job selling consumer junk from China... again... sigh. It's better than nothing, to be sure. Without some unforeseen miracle... 2016 won't be the year of the (official) fidget. But hey, the knockoffs emulations are now available through thinkgeek . com for more than I ever charged... yea!
   I have a few gifts & orders I will ship before Christmas now, but I could make and ship thousands of fidgets... if I had the time/space/materials & of course... the orders. Maybe I'll do something on kickstarter. Now that I am out of California, I do plan on selling fidgets (and what I would call "real art") online from my forthcoming studio space.

mf

ps. One month until the ground USPS deadline for Christmas... I might get something together before then, I'll post about it if I do.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2016, 03:20:21 PM
Will you be doing a commemorative Trump fidget?  ???
Dr.³ from looks of it... Mr. T's election could be the best thing ever for the fidget industry. Nervous energy can be disrupted by a fidget, and Trump sure is making a lot of people nervous. I'm not sure what a commemorative fidget of a political nature would look like... hmm..

mf

It's almost as if California had you in a holding pattern and as soon as you left that airspace you were free.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 14, 2016, 04:08:57 PM
It's almost as if California had you in a holding pattern  headlock and as soon as you left that airspace armpit you were free.

It really is a difficult place to set up shop, as an individual.

Nice to see you Cam!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on November 14, 2016, 03:58:09 PM
   Dr.³ from looks of it... Mr. T's election could be the best thing ever for the fidget industry. Nervous energy can be disrupted by a fidget, and Trump sure is making a lot of people nervous. I'm not sure what a commemorative fidget of a political nature would look like... hmm..

mf

Well, it would have to be gold for a start.  ;)

Mr. Fidget

I wonder how long attachments are going to last this time.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Camazotz Xerxes Automat on November 14, 2016, 05:02:56 PM
Headlock? Armpit?

OK, now you're describing Houston, Texas.   ;D
Last time I was there it was nice & humid... if there is such a thing.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2016, 05:05:58 PM
Well, it would have to be gold for a start.  ;)
This was my first "gold dipped" fidget sculpture... I've always wanted to make precious metal fidgets as art/craft. Stamping, and rolling my own components as "treasure" fidgets would be fun. Maybe someday soon... all I need is a mid-four figure deposit... ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on November 14, 2016, 05:36:18 PM
   This was my first "gold dipped" fidget sculpture... I've always wanted to make precious metal fidgets as art/craft. Stamping, and rolling my own components as "treasure" fidgets would be fun. Maybe someday soon... all I need is a mid-four figure deposit... ;)

If it was going to be cost effective I suppose it would have to be really cheap gold or just gold colored like that. I wonder if a T shape could be worked into the design?  ???

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2016, 05:38:55 PM
If it was going to be cost effective I suppose it would have to be really cheap gold or just gold colored like that. I wonder if a T shape could be worked into the design?  ???
I dunno Dr.³, I've always been fond of the fact that linkey fidgets are not aligned with any particular politics, religion, or sport. It's an "everyone's" device. Statistically, since Hillary got the popular vote... it might be more profitable to sell her fans "consol your loss" fidgets. Nahw, forget it... to heck with politics, I'm out Dr.³.

albrecht

Looks great, still a functioning Fidget with the gold-plating? I'm thinking much use might flake the gold off and so these are more show pieces. By the way, glad you move was accomplished and you found a job, I hope you get your stuff (fidgets and map cuttings) into a gallery soon. They deserve it. You could even have one of those multimedia type of art pieces- have fidgets and audio of your original calls to Art Bell playing over the speakers on repeat.) I think Fidgets could also help returning soldiers suffering from PTSD or other problems.
ps: maybe Trump will sanction China for dumping cheap, imitation Fidgets on us and you can get your American authentic Fidget business going!
pps: Keep on Fidgeting!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on November 14, 2016, 05:59:29 PM
   I dunno Dr.³, I've always been fond of the fact that linkey fidgets are not aligned with any particular politics, religion, or sport. It's an "everyone's" device. Statistically, since Hillary got the popular vote... it might be more profitable to sell her fans "consol your loss" fidgets. Nahw, forget it... to heck with politics, I'm out Dr.³.

Well, if you really feel that way you could always make one with an upside down star or maybe a baphomet goat's head for Hillary. I understand equal time and keeping it fair.

I really think you're letting your politics interfere with a good business opportunity.  ;)

henge0stone

Heard mr. Fidget on a newer SWIT the other day. August 97 open lines and linda howe talking about bigfoot. A pretty good show, wasn't on the archives.

Jackstar

Stamping, and rolling my own components as "treasure" fidgets would be fun.

The thing one has to ask oneself is, "is this going to be as fun as masturbating into my own feces while reading Guns & Ammo?" Because it might be the same.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2016, 06:01:35 PM

Looks great, still a functioning Fidget with the gold-plating? I'm thinking much use might flake the gold off and so these are more show pieces. By the way, glad you move was accomplished and you found a job, I hope you get your stuff (fidgets and map cuttings) into a gallery soon. They deserve it. You could even have one of those multimedia type of art pieces- have fidgets and audio of your original calls to Art Bell playing over the speakers on repeat.) I think Fidgets could also help returning soldiers suffering from PTSD or other problems.
ps: maybe Trump will sanction China for dumping cheap, imitation Fidgets on us and you can get your American authentic Fidget business going!
pps: Keep on Fidgeting!
That one (gold) was just sculpture... although being a sphere, it has fidget potential. I guess it's probably half a pair of Baoding balls, one of a kind. My fidget bandwagon is getting some traction, it would be difficult to deny the market in light of this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/antsylabs/fidget-cube-a-vinyl-desk-toy
   Six million dollars in 50 days, that leaves no doubt in my mind that fidgets are on an upswing. I just have to look around in my hat again for that pesky rabbit. They said fidgets would not scale... I demonstrated scale in the early 90's, craftsman  8) style:

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2016, 09:07:36 AM
Well, if you really feel that way you could always make one with an upside down star or maybe a baphomet goat's head for Hillary. I understand equal time and keeping it fair.

I really think you're letting your politics interfere with a good business opportunity.  ;)

I'd rather not play in traffic, lest I get run over.
Fidgets can be for everybody who wants them.
:)

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: henge0stone on November 27, 2016, 09:50:18 AM
Heard mr. Fidget on a newer SWIT the other day. August 97 open lines and linda howe talking about bigfoot. A pretty good show, wasn't on the archives.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I did not have the whole show, just my call. There was some other stuff there for me, and Art's "off the cuff" fidget stuff. I like the part where I specifically instruct him to only put the simplest fidget online, and he just responds "really"... and then goes on to put them all up. As litigious as he seems to be, he'd have sued... if I was him, and him was me. ;)

This pic was on his site before, in line with what I was prepared for... one kind of fidget.
The picture was taken during the broadcast from the phone booth.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Jackstar on December 04, 2016, 01:22:38 AM

The thing one has to ask oneself is...
If I see oneself, I'll ask him... but it'll cost me.
::)

Mr. Fidget

Chain 101 for 410 size roller chain with bushings:

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on December 13, 2016, 04:16:26 PM
   That one (gold) was just sculpture... although being a sphere, it has fidget potential. I guess it's probably half a pair of Baoding balls, one of a kind. My fidget bandwagon is getting some traction, it would be difficult to deny the market in light of this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/antsylabs/fidget-cube-a-vinyl-desk-toy
   Six million dollars in 50 days, that leaves no doubt in my mind that fidgets are on an upswing. I just have to look around in my hat again for that pesky rabbit. They said fidgets would not scale... I demonstrated scale in the early 90's, craftsman  8) style:
I don't like these new-comers and the people that are copying your ideas and designs and even name. I hope the "original" Fidgets become popular and these copiers fail in their endevours. I still think a Fidget to help people cope with PTSD is an angle to push in addition to being art, boredom killers, and smoking cessation item. I hope some of your more complex Fidgets and your matt art work gets into a gallery.
ps: keep on Fidgeting!

maureen

Mr. Fidget,I'm delighted things are going well for you and your art. I wish you all the best of the season and always!

Mr. Fidget

Well I'm selling a mat cut on eBay... or at least giving it a shot.
Any bellgabber who "buys it now" will have forever proven to me what a really big shot they are. :)

My first eBay mat-cut! http://m.ebay.com/itm/182426738433?_mwBanner=1

Ciardelo

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 18, 2017, 09:48:13 PM
Any bellgabber who "buys it now" will have forever proven to me what a really big shot they are. :)

I still need my $5.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 18, 2017, 09:48:13 PM

It's cool! Can you explain more about what a mat cut is? What sort of material is it?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 04:04:25 AM
It's cool! Can you explain more about what a mat cut is? What sort of material is it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat_(picture_framing)

QuoteBecause the mat is thin, but not razor-thin, it can also be carved (traditionally by hand, though computerized mat-cutting systems have also been developed), to feature a design, such as lettering or a simple image; since the carving consists mainly of cutting away a small portion of the top decorative layer of the mat, this means that the carved design will show up as the color of the mat's core.

I've carved mat board for about 10 years, I taught myself through the process of cutting thousands of them out. It's been a fun and educational journey. This picture is one I sold already from last week.