• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Windows 10

Started by Juan, July 29, 2015, 04:22:44 PM

Jojo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 24, 2019, 01:03:28 PM
Christ man, give the poor guy a break.    :D
I'm a lady.  But, yeah!

Jojo

Tabs just mysteriously close.  Chrome, Edge, IE, and Firefox.  So, it's W10 causing it.

TROLL

Quote from: Sixteen on June 25, 2019, 02:55:48 AM
Tabs just mysteriously close.  Chrome, Edge, IE, and Firefox.  So, it's W10 causing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvWmsRm0ak

Try listening to this while you perform the above suggested dance moves i suggested 10 times, or untill the music ends if you can endure it.  It should remove all obstacles.

AZZERAE

I'd suggest against listening to that YouTube clip, Sixteen.

It messes with the psyche of us sensitives. And its been known to cause epileptic seizures by stimulating dangerous areas of the brain.

Just my 2 cents.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on June 25, 2019, 02:40:27 PM
Are you a femme?  I never got around to asking.

Does the thought...excite you?

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on June 25, 2019, 08:30:27 AM
I'd suggest against listening to that YouTube clip, Sixteen.

It messes with the psyche of us sensitives. And its been known to cause epileptic seizures by stimulating dangerous areas of the brain.

Just my 2 cents.
Why on God's green Earth would you want me to listen to something which has been known to cause seizures  ::).

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on June 25, 2019, 11:19:55 PM
Why on God's green Earth would you want me to listen to something which has been known to cause seizures.

That isn't what I said, dag nabbit! I recommended you DON'T listen to that drivel. Binaural beats can cause brain zaps, as well.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 25, 2019, 02:52:22 PM
Does the thought...excite you?

Not yet.  You have to answer the question first.

You DO talk and act like a girl.  Look at the way you answered my question with a question.  That's just what a chick would do.

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on June 26, 2019, 08:03:41 AM
That isn't what I said, dag nabbit! I recommended you DON'T listen to that drivel. Binaural beats can cause brain zaps, as well.
Oh, sorry.  I missed that.  gee thanks

AZZERAE

Quote from: StarrMountain on May 28, 2019, 06:00:08 AM
Huh?  Now I'm confused.  When did Logan ever pick on Women in distress?? ???

Quote from: _______________ on May 21, 2019, 11:32:21 AM
this specific situation is complex and it deserves better than surface level speculation by uninformed individuals. serious claims have been made. it's all fun and games until someone [picks on women in distress].

Jojo

Quote from: Sixteen on June 27, 2019, 12:41:48 AM
Oh, sorry.  I missed that.  gee thanks
Binaural beats don't cause brain zaps.  I suspect you're thinking of isochronic beats.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on July 05, 2019, 05:10:02 AM
Binaural beats don't cause brain zaps.  I suspect you're thinking of isochronic beats.

Yes, that's what I meant. I'm sorry, I wrote the wrong word.

TROLL

Quote from: Sixteen on July 05, 2019, 05:10:02 AM

TROLL

Quote from: AZRAA on July 05, 2019, 05:22:53 AM

AZZERAE

Quote from: EFigg on July 05, 2019, 07:50:01 AM

Go make another video, you dumb bitch. Brig’s waiting.

TROLL

Quote from: brig on July 05, 2019, 07:52:45 AM

I LOVE that!

I'll be using it!

Just don't forget, I posted it first.  lol

TROLL

Quote from: AZRAA on July 05, 2019, 08:52:36 AM

TRIGGERED!!!!

AZZERAE

8)
Quote from: EFigg on July 05, 2019, 09:03:30 AM
Just don't forget, I posted it first.

She will conveniently “forget”. She steals everything, cunt.

Jojo

Quote from: AZRAA on July 05, 2019, 05:22:53 AM
It's easy to confuse the two.  I'm surprised, though, that isochronic beats or tones aren't more well known for their very weird acoustic after-effects.   Isn't it just acoustic to you, in the ears more than the brain?  Or?

Jojo

Quote from: AZRAA on July 05, 2019, 09:14:54 AM
8)
She will conveniently “forget”. She steals everything, cunt.
Oh does she?  Well, still, I know you aren't a female by the way you insult female anatomy.

Quote from: AZRAA on July 05, 2019, 08:52:36 AM
This type of disparagement happens routinely with you. I don't know you.  Your values are not compatible with mine.

Quote from: AZRAA on July 04, 2019, 03:49:05 AM
Quote from: _______________ on May 21, 2019, 12:32:21 PM

this specific situation is complex and it deserves better than surface level speculation by uninformed individuals. serious claims have been made. it's all fun and games until someone [picks on women in distress].
Do you honestly, for one second, think people here are so ignorant, that they are incapable of following that post link back to it's original source ?   ::)

So tell me something; is it just your nature to post like a rypophagy canem ?

Well, M$ is doing it again - screwing over their user base.
Win 7 users, M$ is probably already stealing your personal information if you've installed recent updates.
They pulled the same kind of crap when XP was approaching EOL, also.
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3408496/new-windows-7-security-only-update-installs-telemetrysnooping-uh-feature.html

Tell M$ to shove it up their ass, with this:   https://www.getblackbird.net/documentation/
( It works for 7 to 10. )

Quote from: Liberace! on July 24, 2019, 03:54:22 AM
Nice.

Indeed.  Hell - I am sold with "Disables all OS advertising" let alone anything else.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 03, 2019, 01:51:50 AM
I am having a problem and am hoping that someone here can help me.

I have a couple of Vulcan laptops (some of you may recognize Vulcan as Paul Allen's company).  I want to install Windows 10 on them. 

The tricky part (for Windows) is that these laptops have a 32 bit EFI and a 64 bit operating system.  I can install Linux Mint in a trice by including a 32 bit file in the boot directory.  However, I cannot make such a modification with the Windows 10 install files.  This leaves me with the option of installing a 32 bit version of Windows 10 on this 64 bit machine, which I find unsettling.

It seems that this is an architecture that is found on tablets but not often on laptops, which might explain why I am unable to find a solution online.  I have searched extensively, but no joy.  I think that I could pull it off if I could modify the *.wim file, but I have not been able to figure out how to do that using Linux-based tools.  I'm not even sure that this is the right approach.

Can anyone help?

1.  Not a one of those El-Cheapo Vulcans comes w/ more than 2 GB RAM. A 64-bit OS is overkill and probably will run as fast as Molasses in January.
2. They may be 64-bit (atom) CPUs, but I'll guarantee  they load a 32-bit OS from the factory.
3. Their sales propaganda hints at the Win-10-S OS for embedded systems. A regular Win-10 OS probably won't run
    on that system - it BARELY meets the minimum requirements to run Win-10.
4. This really sounds like an X-Y-Z question to me.   >:(

But, if you wish to try to install Doze on that El-Cheapo, I found some info that might help.

1. Use Legacy / BIOS mode to boot - bypassing the UEFI altogether. (You won't need GPT anyway - looking at the specs
    - and UEFI is a security joke.)
     That El-Cheapo supports Legacy boot...   Right ?   (Probably not.)
2. Information can be gleaned from articles that look at doing the opposite of what you're asking.
QuoteThe 64-bit version of Windows takes up more disk space, thanks to larger binaries (hello, bigger opcodes) and
    any underlying 64/32-bit translation layers. This means your Black Friday special purchase with 2GB of RAM and
    16-32GB of internal flash storage doesn't see any 64-bit architecture benefits.
4. Consider running Doze from a USB stick if you're set on using windows on that underpowered Vulcan.

Links:
https://superuser.com/questions/853009/possible-to-install-64-bit-windows-on-32-bit-uefi
https://superuser.com/questions/1055305/installing-windows-x64-on-32-bit-uefi-efi-ia32-via-grub
https://medium.com/@realzedgoat/a-sorta-beginners-guide-to-installing-ubuntu-linux-on-32-bit-uefi-machines-d39b1d1961ec
http://reboot.pro/topic/21832-boot-32bit-system-from-64bit-uefi/
https://www.linux.org/threads/why-do-some-computer-manufacturers-make-a-32-bit-uefi-3.18398/ 

The real solution ?
Use a fast Linux Distro, but if you must have Doze installed - 32-bit looks like your only option, unless of coarse you have lots of fuck around time to bust the iso and mess with the loader files. It won't be as easy as just adding the 64-bit loader either.   :o
Plus, their is no gain to be had w/ only 2 GB RAM, in using a 64-bit OS.

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 30, 2019, 02:06:42 PM
The real solution ?
Use a fast Linux Distro, but if you must have Doze installed - 32-bit looks like your only option, unless of coarse you have lots of fuck around time to bust the iso and mess with the loader files. It won't be as easy as just adding the 64-bit loader either.   :o
Plus, their is no gain to be had w/ only 2 GB RAM, in using a 64-bit OS.

Dreamsmasher (hahaha)

Thanks for the detailed and in-depth reply.  I just found your post by accident, have not checked this forum for awhile.

Your last comment is what sold it for me.  I assumed the project as a challenge and a learning experience, but not worthwhile for no gain.  I'll just install the 32 bit version and wash my hands of it.  I've tried running Windows off of a flash drive --  forget it.  Way too slow.

I need one of the laptops for work.  There are no Linux drivers available for the printer that I have at work (sure wish that there were), and I have a few programs that will only run on Windows and no equivalent on Linux (such as access to my iPhone).  The other is going to the daughter of one of my girlfriends.  She's cute as a bug, and smart.  Her mom can't afford a computer for her, and also doesn't want charity, so I'm giving it as a Christmas gift.

I appreciate the help in ushering me to a reasonable solution :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 04, 2019, 10:39:24 PM
Dreamsmasher (hahaha)

Thanks for the detailed and in-depth reply.  I just found your post by accident, have not checked this forum for awhile.

Your last comment is what sold it for me.  I assumed the project as a challenge and a learning experience, but not worthwhile for no gain.  I'll just install the 32 bit version and wash my hands of it.  I've tried running Windows off of a flash drive --  forget it.  Way too slow.

I need one of the laptops for work.  There are no Linux drivers available for the printer that I have at work (sure wish that there were), and I have a few programs that will only run on Windows and no equivalent on Linux (such as access to my iPhone).  The other is going to the daughter of one of my girlfriends.  She's cute as a bug, and smart.  Her mom can't afford a computer for her, and also doesn't want charity, so I'm giving it as a Christmas gift.

I appreciate the help in ushering me to a reasonable solution :)

Yuck! They let you around children?! Creepy.