• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Singularly Unattractive Actresses/Actors.

Started by Eddie Coyle, September 21, 2012, 10:07:22 PM

First time poster here, long-time reader.  Well, if you want to talk about mannish appearance (I'm tipping my political hand here, I'm sure), then put me down as finding Ann Coulter disgusting to look at.  I can't stand her strange, droopy eyes.  Mostly, it's the blather spewing from her mouth.  I don't care for what I hear from Michelle Malkin either, but at least she's easy on the eyes.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 19, 2013, 07:00:46 PM
First time poster here, long-time reader.  Well, if you want to talk about mannish appearance (I'm tipping my political hand here, I'm sure), then put me down as finding Ann Coulter disgusting to look at.  I can't stand her strange, droopy eyes.  Mostly, it's the blather spewing from her mouth.  I don't care for what I hear from Michelle Malkin either, but at least she's easy on the eyes.
I don't disagree...but they're not actresses/actors where appearance is somewhat paramount.

But it's impossible to keep partisan politics out of these threads.  ::)    And now we're going to see retorts with say...Andrea Mitchell.

Juan

I worked for an NBC affiliate.  While we were on the air with our local 6PM news, in our control room our monitors showed the feeds from NBC as their anchors and reporters got ready for the 6:30PM national newscast.  One night, an NBC camera operator zoomed in tight on Andrea Mitchell's face in order to focus the camera.  We all screamed.

Richard C. Hoagland could have found entire shopping centers in the craters of Andrea Mitchell's face.

Mea culpa, regarding my listing of a non-actress in this thread.  I will confess that I am not up on cultural hot topics.  The first time I heard of Lena Dunham (she was mentioned a few posts ago) was during the last election when she weighed in on some political issue.  I assumed she was some young blogger/political pundit.  So I figured it was fair to mention Ann Coulter.  A quick Wiki search revealed that Dunham is, indeed, a television actress.  I apologize for going in a rogue direction with the thread.  Not a great way to introduce myself, was it?  :-[  I guess this demonstrates the danger of not having a television hooked up to cable or satellite.

McPhallus

I don't find her that way at all, but maybe it's her man-like aggressiveness that makes her look that way.  She was once married to Bob Guccione Jr., interestingly enough.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 19, 2013, 07:00:46 PM

McPhallus

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 19, 2013, 07:51:08 PMI apologize for going in a rogue direction with the thread.  Not a great way to introduce myself, was it?  :-[  I guess this demonstrates the danger of not having a television hooked up to cable or satellite.

But now that we've crossed the line....

...Rachel Madcow, I'm pretty sure, is the male version of Ron Reagan.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 19, 2013, 07:51:08 PM
Mea culpa, regarding my listing of a non-actress in this thread.  I will confess that I am not up on cultural hot topics.  The first time I heard of Lena Dunham (she was mentioned a few posts ago) was during the last election when she weighed in on some political issue.  I assumed she was some young blogger/political pundit.  So I figured it was fair to mention Ann Coulter.  A quick Wiki search revealed that Dunham is, indeed, a television actress.  I apologize for going in a rogue direction with the thread.  Not a great way to introduce myself, was it?  :-[  I guess this demonstrates the danger of not having a television hooked up to cable or satellite.
No harm, no foul-I'm guessing that some of the aforementioned actresses/actors discussed here were mentioned due to their activism anyways. My admonishment was in mock dudgeon ;) . I actually had no clue of this Lena Dunham character's existence until apparently she either won or was nominated for the Golden Globes last weekend(wow, what cultural apex...those things are literally bought and paid for) and she was all over the Monday morning "news" shows.

Do childhood pictures of Ann Coulter even exist? That could possibly put a rest to some suspicions/rumors. Though I can see Malkin having a following on an Art Bell related site...gee, that was subtle. :-X

From a hetero male perspective, I can't believe that Gerard Depardieu is or was ever regarded as anything but a toad.  Can a female reader perhaps explain the attraction?

HAL 9000

Quote from: McPhallus on January 19, 2013, 08:05:52 PMBut now that we've crossed the line....

...Rachel Madcow, I'm pretty sure, is the male version of Ron Reagan.

Ya think?

[attachimg=1]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sardondi

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 19, 2013, 09:00:45 PM
From a hetero male perspective, I can't believe that Gerard Depardieu is or was ever regarded as anything but a toad...

And not just physically. Gerard Depardieu did it for me when years ago he admitted, as if it were no big deal, that he first had sex when he was 5 - during a rape. It was "no big deal" he explained because it was the standard of behavior in the rough place he grew up in. And he continues as a fave of the French. I don't recall any well-known Frank having objected to his statement. Since reading that admission of Depardieu, I could give a shit what the French do don't like.

Quote from: Sardondi on January 19, 2013, 10:56:46 PM
And not just physically. Gerard Depardieu did it for me when years ago he admitted, as if it were no big deal, that he first had sex when he was 5 - during a rape. It was "no big deal" he explained because it was the standard of behavior in the rough place he grew up in. And he continues as a fave of the French. I don't recall any well-known Frank having objected to his statement. Since reading that admission of Depardieu, I could give a shit what the French do don't like.

I recall the story you mention above.  I've heard a couple of people say it was a matter of poor translation from French to English, but I find that very difficult to believe.  Depardieu's recent behavior on an airplane (urinating in the aisle) marks him (in my mind) as a major creep.  I think he may have been playing himself in Life of Pi.

Sardondi

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 20, 2013, 12:03:58 PM
I recall the story you mention above.  I've heard a couple of people say it was a matter of poor translation from French to English, but I find that very difficult to believe.  Depardieu's recent behavior on an airplane (urinating in the aisle) marks him (in my mind) as a major creep.  I think he may have been playing himself in Life of Pi.

Out of curiousity I ran down some stuff and see that IMDB says that the rape story is indeed the result of  a"mistranslation". Of course this is precisely the kind of counterspin pr people would put out, so I am somewhat leery. I'd feel more confident I had the truth if someone pulled the original interview and re-translated it for us...instead of merely saying it was mistranslated. I smell a rat. 

Nonetheless when I started thinking about it I realized I've seen quite a few of Depardieu's movies, pretty much what any American moderately interested in him would have seen. Most have been excellent, although I suspect Depardieu's "acting" is merely playing himself. I think the first was Berolucci's 1900, followed by The Last Metro, Return of Martin Guerre, Danton, Le tartuffe, Jean de Florette, Cyrano de Bergerac, Green Card, 1492: Conquest of Paradise, Colonel Chabert, Horseman On The Roof (even though he's uncredited), Vatel, City Of Ghosts, La Vie En Rose. Unfortunately I did not see his Hamlet or Les Misérables, and did see The Man In The Iron Mask, which just goes to show that a movie with a fantastic supporting cast - Depardieu, John Malkovich, Jeremy Irons, Gabriel Byrne - can be ruined by the star - Leonardo DiCaprio - and a poor director and screenwriter who butchers Dumas' père's work (Randall Wallace guilty of both). While I haven't seen much of his work in the past decade, I obviously haven't been all that bothered by his supposed admission. I guess my favorites of his are Jean de Florette, Cyrano and Vatel. Besides, who can't like a guy whose nose looks like a pair of buttocks pressed up against a window.

HAL 9000

Quote from: MV on January 24, 2013, 08:07:05 PMgag.

If you read the sidebar partial bio, she says, "So much of my political involvement is tied up in me being a big dyke."

As Noory would say, I have just one word for her... "Elitist bitch."

coaster

Maddow is so fucking annoying. Why do people think their sexual orientation is so damn important? Who gives a shit. I dont go around talking about how heterosexual I am. Its no ones business. Its not just maddow, but a lot of gay people in general annoy me. No one cares that you're gay. Being gay does not make you important.

Sardondi

Quote from: coaster on January 25, 2013, 01:08:51 AM
Maddow is so fucking annoying. Why do people think their sexual orientation is so damn important? Who gives a shit. I dont go around talking about how heterosexual I am. Its no ones business. Its not just maddow, but a lot of gay people in general annoy me. No one cares that you're gay. Being gay does not make you important.

Rachel is the one making an issue and slinging the shit. Because it gets her name and face out there of course. "I'm a victim because I eat pussy! Did you hear me, breeders? You hate me, don't you?! I'm a victim, damn you!"

Shut. The fuck. Up.

ziznak

Ok so during one of my guilty pleasure moments I found myself looking at a slide show of hot acctresses without makeup... for the most part I wasnt all that surprised and found many of them just as hot without makeup as with it... I noticed that for the most part actresses that have somewhat very distinguishable features will tend to look really nasty when not all made up.  I think it has something to do with how they do the makeup around whatever feature is "distinguishable."

Anyways here we go

Brooke Shields, Cameron Diaz, and Kate Moss ARE FUCKING SCARY without makeup... BRooke has a cheekbone squinty eye thing.  Cameron Diaz has cheek TITS not cheek bones.  Kate Moss just looks like an old lady.  Uma thurman who is one of my personal favorites when she's all made up has some sort of pinnochio thing going with her nose n face.... scary.

Overall all the younger celebs still looked great and sometimes better without the makeup IMO... not that there aren't any older celebs that still look good.  I'm just saying as a rule young n tight always wins over old n flabby.

The one thing that I found extremely distressful and stomach wrenching was this...

OMFG what the hell happend to goldie hawn!?!?!?

A rare photo of George without his makeup

[attachimg=1]

Eddie Coyle

Q: The Mask
A: What does Cameron Diaz's pockmarked face need.

Helena Bonham Carter is hideous too.

3OctaveFart

The Shining's Shelley Duvall is the homeliest woman I've seen in a well-known movie.

And if anyone was made to play Olive Oyl, it was Shelley Duvall.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 24, 2013, 09:19:49 PM
If you read the sidebar partial bio, she says, "So much of my political involvement is tied up in me being a big dyke."

As Noory would say, I have just one word for her... "Elitist bitch."

it annoys the fuck out of me when a gay guy presents himself as a stereotype who is only 5 seconds away from offering to redecorate your living room or when a lesbian presents herself as though she'd be right at home replacing the cam shaft in your 1987 chevrolet pickup.  we get it.  you're gay.  no need to make a freak out of yourself because of it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on January 25, 2013, 01:08:51 AM

that's because maddow's breed of gay people are deeply insecure in their sexual tendencies, and equally insecure about their resulting place in society.  soooo... they overcompensate.  they go reeeally far to show how comfortable they are with themselves, when actually, the very act of attempting to prove their comfort shows exactly how uncomfortable they are with themselves.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: ChewMouse on September 23, 2012, 04:51:07 PM
Same here. Tom Cruise is too "pretty boy" for me, and Brad Pitt looks like an unshaven bum.

But there's something about Johnny Depp...I find him very appealing.

Tom Cruise is just a Jerry Mathers clone, except Jerry has more talent.
Brad Pitt looks dirty.

Johnny Depp has an aura of danger, and quiet unpredictability.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 19, 2013, 09:00:45 PM
From a hetero male perspective, I can't believe that Gerard Depardieu is or was ever regarded as anything but a toad.  Can a female reader perhaps explain the attraction?

Speaking as a female, no. And double no since those latest photos of the exile in Russia came out. If any princess kissed this toad, he'd remain a toad. A cheese eating toad, to clarify.

My pet gripe is the current cavalcade of  photos of  Arnold Schwarzenegger in Speedos. For God's sake, think of the children.

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on January 31, 2013, 10:36:40 AM

it annoys the fuck out of me when a gay guy presents himself as a stereotype who is only 5 seconds away from offering to redecorate your living room or when a lesbian presents herself as though she'd be right at home replacing the cam shaft in your 1987 chevrolet pickup.  we get it.  you're gay.  no need to make a freak out of yourself because of it.

Quote from: MV on January 31, 2013, 10:39:44 AM

that's because maddow's breed of gay people are deeply insecure in their sexual tendencies, and equally insecure about their resulting place in society.  soooo... they overcompensate.  they go reeeally far to show how comfortable they are with themselves, when actually, the very act of attempting to prove their comfort shows exactly how uncomfortable they are with themselves.

Gee .... and all of this time, I just thought it was just because "it" was so darn ugly.  ;)