• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Quote from: sleeplessinca on January 25, 2013, 07:34:22 AM
Startpage leaves cookies.  I hope that has something to do with our privacy.
i expected Noory to ask what kind of cookies are they? chocolate chip?  8)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Morgus on January 25, 2013, 09:47:04 AM
now we know where Noory spends his time doing his so-called hours of show prep?  :P

And where he does half of the show. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 25, 2013, 09:48:18 AM
i expected Noory to ask what kind of cookies are they? chocolate chip?  8)

Good one, Morgus.  ;D   Sounds like something to expect from the pizza roll hater.

ItsOver

I was checking the C2C site to see what Knapp would be doing this Sunday and happened to notice "The Numbers Lady"  :P  is back AGAIN on Tuesday.   Gack..... if Noory isn't bad enough.  You have been warned.  ;)

ziznak

I've been doing the "half listen live and then download and actually listen thing" lately and I have to say the show has been extremely UNINTERESTING lately... even George's antics... I'm finding myself just making fun of how he talks when I listen instead of laughing about some stupid shit he says...

DAMNIT GEORGE COULD YOU SAY SOME MORE STUPID SHIT ON THE SHOW??? ya know since it sucks lately?... i mean ... since you took over.

Quote from: ziznak on January 25, 2013, 01:05:39 PM
I've been doing the "half listen live and then download and actually listen thing" lately and I have to say the show has been extremely UNINTERESTING lately... even George's antics... I'm finding myself just making fun of how he talks when I listen instead of laughing about some stupid shit he says...

DAMNIT GEORGE COULD YOU SAY SOME MORE STUPID SHIT ON THE SHOW??? ya know since it sucks lately?... i mean ... since you took over.

I propose at the beginning of the 2nd hour George banters with Tommy about their daily events for a segment or two

'Say Tomm-o, whut did you do today?'

'Well George...'

CrabbyOld Bat

If Snorge really is on assignment and not simply taking a day off because he's afraid of 'open lines' night, I'd guess -- HOPE -- he's trying to woo new and much more interesting guests. If that's the case, I'd take plenty of bribe money if I were him. Knee pads, too. His in-person 'wit' and 'charm' alone aren't going to convince anyone with a brain or an ounce of self-respect to appear on the show unless they (1) are heavily medicated and incognizant at the time, (2) pity Snorge for reasons that escape me or (3) have a book, cd, or invention to peddle and they'll do absolutely anything for a sale. Unfortunately, there are lots of folks who fall into the 3rd category but very few of them are worth listening to.

Of course, Snorge could also be taking the day off to tape another G-TV show. (Someone PLEASE explain why anyone would pay to watch Snorge "interview" the very same guests you can  listen to him "interviewing' on C2C for free.) Or maybe he's going to pick out a new chair for the Hawaii studio, which may or may not exist. (Someone PLEASE explain why a radio show that conducts no in-person interviews needs more than one location.) Or he could be traveling to beg sponsors and affiliates to join or (more likely) not to dump C2C, in which case he should bring the money and knee pads for sure.

ziznak

Grabbing last nights show now... lets how far I get before canning it.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: ItsOver on January 25, 2013, 12:55:14 PM
I was checking the C2C site to see what Knapp would be doing this Sunday and happened to notice "The Numbers Lady"  :P  is back AGAIN on Tuesday.   Gack..... if Noory isn't bad enough.  You have been warned.  ;)

Oh, no. *gasp* Can Billy Mumy be far behind?

Maybe I'll contact the show and tell them I'm the Alphabet Lady and I'm looking for bookings. "Well, Snorge, based on all the information you've given me, your letters spell out 'Stupid'."

ziznak

See? now I could totally listen to the "alphabet lady" all day!

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on January 25, 2013, 01:49:44 PM
See? now I could totally listen to the "alphabet lady" all day!

There you go.  "The Alphabet Lady."  ;D   Sounds just as credible as about any other Jorch guest.  At least she'd be somebody new. 

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on January 24, 2013, 04:03:54 PM
i don't get if Sabrina is a man or a woman now?

Does George? Is he like, flirting with a post-op tranny? Doesn't he know? Surely he does. So is George thinking about taking a walk on the wild side? "...and all the colored girls go, 'Doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo, doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo, doo doo doo'..."

McPhallus

I loved it when Albrecht commented that the smart meter lady was "the Rosa Parks of her generation."  Uh, really?  Really?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Sardondi on January 25, 2013, 03:05:34 PM
Does George? Is he like, flirting with a post-op tranny? Doesn't he know? Surely he does. So is George thinking about taking a walk on the wild side? "...and all the colored girls go, 'Doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo, doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo, doo doo doo'..."

Ha!

[attachimg=1]

Little George never once gave it away
Everybody had to pay and pay
Carnivora, Slumberland
Toomrack would have helped that bash
They said, Hey Joorch, take a walk on the wild side
I said, Heey sNoory, take a walk on the wild side

Oh, if only we had lives to live and could get out of our basements and stop hiding behind this Internet thing.

I swear he flubbed his own sign-off last night. It seemed to me to come out as 'Be safe-uh'

Sardondi

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 25, 2013, 04:36:18 PM...
Carnivora, Slumberland
I said, Heey sNoory, take a walk on the wild side....

Everyone is home, safe and dry. The son is using his height and his ape-like arms to reach up and replace burned out bulbs with ease. The daughter is chopping and cutting in the kitchen, from which wonderful smells emanate as olive oil, onions, garlic and bell pepper and all manner of spices begins to sizzle its way toward spaghetti sauce. It's a reassuring and traditional middle American family tableau.

And all the while I sit alone in front of the computer monitor in the den, laughing like a maniac at a pic of George in drag, as I hear Lou Reed singing in my head: "Little George never once gave it away..."

Quote from: Sardondi on January 25, 2013, 04:55:10 PM
Everyone is home, safe and dry. The son is using his height and his ape-like arms to reach up and replace burned out bulbs with ease. The daughter is chopping and cutting in the kitchen, from which wonderful smells emanate as olive oil, onions, garlic and bell pepper and all manner of spices begins to sizzle its way toward spaghetti sauce. It's a reassuring and traditional middle American family tableau.

And all the while I sit alone in front of the computer monitor in the den, laughing like a maniac at a pic of George in drag, as I hear Lou Reed singing in my head: "Little George never once gave it away..."

And that is why we love you!

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 25, 2013, 06:34:51 AM
sNoory said last night that most people he knows take their cell phones to the bathroom to make calls and send text messages.  Later in the show, Katherine Albrecht agreed with him.
Am I the only person who has not done this?  Or is this further evidence that sNoory, and most of the people he knows, suck?

Nooo, I've never done it! 
I answer the phone for a living.  You wouldn't believe the number of people who call to make appointments from the bathroom!  Yes, I CAN HEAR YOU!!!!!  Well, I haven't screamed that yet, but I've been very, very close.   >:(   

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 25, 2013, 04:36:18 PM

Ha!

[attachimg=1]

Carnivora, Slumberland

Oh, if only we had lives to live and could get out of our basements and stop hiding behind this Internet thing.

I swear he flubbed his own sign-off last night. It seemed to me to come out as 'Be safe-uh'

Oh...I laughed so hard a tear ran down my leg!   ;D

Sardondi

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 25, 2013, 05:00:24 PM
And that is why we love you!

All else may be collapsing around our ears, the zombie apocalypse come round at last waiting to be born; but you may all rest assured that we sit in our cardigans, khakis and penny loafers, Ozzie and Harriet, Father Knows Best, The Donna Reed Show. Okay, sorta. No pearls while cooking, and I guess I do sorta look like a pirate because I have a beard, and an eye patch and big scar running from brow to hairline (from where a road-rage guy tried to kill me with a long-handled shovel, but that's another story). But the major debate will be over whether to get a pint of chocolate or vanilla at the creamery. And then we'll sit and watch the dvd for the night. We endure.

ItsOver

Just wanted to wish everybody a happy Noory/ UFO Phil-Free Friday!  I'm placing the traditional pizza rolls around the radio and will be eating them at the start of C2C tonight.   Wow... it almost feels like Christmas and Thanksgiving rolled into one!

Quote from: Sardondi on January 25, 2013, 05:50:52 PM
All else may be collapsing around our ears, the zombie apocalypse come round at last waiting to be born; but you may all rest assured that we sit in our cardigans, khakis and penny loafers, Ozzie and Harriet, Father Knows Best, The Donna Reed Show. Okay, sorta. No pearls while cooking, and I guess I do sorta look like a pirate because I have a beard, and an eye patch and big scar running from brow to hairline (from where a road-rage guy tried to kill me with a long-handled shovel, but that's another story). But the major debate will be over whether to get a pint of chocolate or vanilla at the creamery. And then we'll sit and watch the dvd for the night. We endure.

And I give a grand salute to the Greatest Generation! 

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 25, 2013, 06:16:33 PM
And I give a grand salute to the Greatest Generation!

The "greatest generation" my ass! Fuck you Tom Brokaw.

ziznak

Ha!

[attachimg=1]

Carnivora, Slumberland

The pic, the song, what a masterpiece of a post..
here here... to nomorenoory
well played old chap

Meanandnasty

Quote from: ItsOver on January 25, 2013, 02:21:38 PM

There you go.  "The Alphabet Lady."  ;D   Sounds just as credible as about any other Jorch guest.  At least she'd be somebody new.
That's just funny.  I can see the words coming to the top out of a can of Campbell's Alphabet Soup.  Campbell's could also be the featured sponsor during that segment.
Noory has commented over time about Soupy Sales also being from Detroit.  Those damned coincidences.

Meanandnasty

Ha!

[attachimg=1]

Carnivora, Slumberland

That's even funnier!  The basement is cold, but when I laugh it makes my smile lines exercise themselves, and thus there is a heat exchange.  Those smile lines are cooking tonight.

Meanandnasty

Quote from: Treading Water on January 25, 2013, 05:35:35 PM

Nooo, I've never done it! 
I answer the phone for a living.  You wouldn't believe the number of people who call to make appointments from the bathroom!  Yes, I CAN HEAR YOU!!!!!  Well, I haven't screamed that yet, but I've been very, very close.   >:(
Do they ever get drowned out by the flusher?
I think there was a hidden meaning in that comment.  Most people who call during open lines are just there taking a piss and have nothing better to do than make conversation and idle chit-chat with Nourinal

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: PortlandDangler on January 25, 2013, 06:50:49 PM
The "greatest generation" my ass! Fuck you Tom Brokaw.
Those ancient motherfuckers ain't beating my generation in a full-court game of 5 on 5. More like the "Grating generation" with their Guy Lombardo, Matlock reruns and Polident. And incontience.

ufogadfly

I'm a newby here compared to most and am in tune with most opinions about Disgeorge, but from my brief time here I get the impression that a fair percentage of posts, as well as being anti-Noory, have an "anti-phenomena" edge re many of his topics. Could be my having read a limited number of posts relative to the total.