• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ziznak

I caught some of the vampire guy peripherally as usual. Hearing mention of the true roots for vampirism coming from diseases such as porphyria (fuck the spelling) and the like I'm going to take the show full on later today.

HELMET ON!!

CoastOutsider

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 24, 2013, 12:23:55 AM
I have heard rumors of the One-neuron Nooron Hawaii studio, but they never materialized and seemed to have faded away. I found the following quote quite by accident:

Yet I have not heard of him ever broadcasting from there. Quote is from article on January 12, 2012.

reference: http://tinyurl.com/bkwbwdk

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Hey folks.  I'm a long-term lurker finally inspired to post by the outpouring of venom in the last hundred-or-so pages.

Just wanted to chime in with my thoughts on the Hawaii studio thing.  While I have no specific knowledge with respect to the alleged Big Island studio, it is not unknown for entirely unscrupulous persons to spend an inordinately long time setting up a [non-viable] business location in a vacation destination and then claim both the expenses related to the location and travel to/from it as a a deduction on their tax returns. 

On a an entirely unrelated (or, 'shotgun out the backdoor') basis , the IRS has a bounty program for snaring tax cheats.  I seem to recall that they recently paid one dude over $100 million for revealing certain shenanigans by one or more Swiss banks.

May the Snorge Be Without You...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: valdez on January 24, 2013, 06:14:44 AM

And in the "George Noory is completely detached from reality" department, George tells Levine that he's been talking to Bob Dylan's son, Jessie, about trying to get Mr. Tambourine Man to "do the show."  Monkeys will come flying out of Producer Tom's butt whistling Dixie before that ever happens.  Guaranteed. 

It sounds improbable and deranged...but Dylan's history is riddled with completely left field appearances and befuddling decisions. So, using that -I wouldn't be shocked if in the first hour of a random night in March, "Zimmie" sat down with Noory.

I hope to God he doesn't. Though it could lead to Dylan writing "Idiot Wind 2"...

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2013, 10:43:34 AM
          It sounds improbable and deranged...but Dylan's history is riddled with completely left field appearances and befuddling decisions. So, using that -I wouldn't be shocked if in the first hour of a random night in March, "Zimmie" sat down with Noory.

I hope to God he doesn't. Though it could lead to Dylan writing "Idiot Wind 2"...
I can't imagine them being able to understand each other.  They'll need an interpreter just to translate Noorese into Dylan and back again.  Art could do it though.  He interviewed Willie Nelson quite adeptly, although Dylan makes Willie look like the most approachable man in the universe.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on January 24, 2013, 10:55:09 AM
I can't imagine them being able to understand each other.  They'll need an interpreter just to translate Noorese into Dylan and back again.  Art could do it though.  He interviewed Willie Nelson quite adeptly, although Dylan makes Willie look like the most approachable man in the universe.
I'd tune in for those uncomfortable mumbles and lapses of silence. Salvador Dali said the best form of communication is confusion, and that's what we'd get in spades. Noory has a lot of nerve to even suggest to have Dylan as a guest.

"Did you work for a lady named Maggie? On a farm?"
        "Are you related to the Gunsmoke guy? He's good, do you Billy Mumy?"
        " Three Angels", "You Angel You"  you write about angels, Bob. Could it be angels?

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2013, 11:12:27 AM
     I'd tune in for those uncomfortable mumbles and lapses of silence. Salvador Dali said the best form of communication is confusion, and that's what we'd get in spades. Noory has a lot of nerve to even suggest to have Dylan as a guest.

" Three Angels", "You Angel You"  you write about angels, Bob. Could it be angels?

How-er yoo?

What got-cha innerested in singing, yoov been at it awhile now - haven-cha?

Yuh know I do some singin' at weddings and get tuh-gethers.  Whut's yor favorite song?

Yuh wanna give us yor website?

Whut's nex for yuh?

He was startin' tuh brealup then we lost him.  Wer gonna try tuh get him back.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 24, 2013, 11:22:43 AM

How-er yoo?

What got-cha innerested in singing, yoov been at it awhile now - haven-cha?

Yuh know I do some singin' at weddings and get tuh-gethers.  Whut's yor favorite song?

Yuh wanna give us yor website?

Whut's nex for yuh?

He was startin' tuh brealup then we lost him.  Wer gonna try tuh get him back.

You've found his 3x5's.  Are they in crayon or feces?

Sardondi

Quote from: CoastOutsider on January 24, 2013, 09:17:54 AM
....with respect to the alleged Big Island studio, it is not unknown for entirely unscrupulous persons to spend an inordinately long time setting up a [non-viable] business location in a vacation destination and then claim both the expenses related to the location and travel to/from it as a a deduction on their tax returns. 

....On an entirely unrelated basis...the IRS has a bounty program for snaring tax cheats.  I seem to recall that they recently paid one dude over $100 million for revealing certain shenanigans by one or more Swiss banks.

"On an entirely unrelated basis"? Heh. Ah, just dreaming about the glorious cosmic justice of filing a qui tam on George's Hawaiian "studio" and then living off the percentage of the take which the government pays as a reward for turning in tax cheats.....

*edit*
Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2013, 11:12:27 AM...Noory has a lot of nerve to even suggest to have Dylan as a guest.

"And then next night we'll have President Obama. Then we're working with Elvis to follow him. And we'll finally round the week out with Jesus...if His schedule permits.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 24, 2013, 07:03:27 AM

Is this Munchausen's Prostate By Proxy Syndrome?

Thanks for the laugh!  ;D   Glad I had already finished my coffee before reading that line. 

Tara

Quote from: The General on January 24, 2013, 10:55:09 AM

What would Dylan think of C2C?  How about "Desolation Row?"  Or, "Stuck inside of C2C studio with the Noory Blues Again." 

Morgus

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 24, 2013, 04:26:18 AMLevine continually referred to Facebook users as sad and lonely people
i found it amusing while the guest was saying all that and knocking facebook users, Noory was advertisting his c2c facebook page and advising listeners to "like him" on facebook...  8)

ChewMouse

At the end of last night's show, a caller named Edward came on and made the "confession" (his words) that despite Noory's one-call-a-month rule, he'd gotten through several times, sometimes "three times in a single night."

GN basically said for him to stay on the line because "Tommy wants to talk to you" and then took a quick question.

I just found that whole exchange weird. It's at 2:26:26 on the YouTube vid of the show.
(Coast To Coast AM - 01-23-2013 - Vampirism - C2CAM)

ItsOver

Quote from: Maxwell on January 24, 2013, 12:45:14 AM
Also referring to his taking over as host, "I was handed a pretty good jump start."

Another Noory-gagging moment.  I'm sure Art appreciates the overwhelming "accolades."  ::)   Too bad Jorch is a dead battery.

HAL 9000

Quote from: CoastOutsider on January 24, 2013, 09:17:54 AMHey folks.  I'm a long-term lurker finally inspired to post by the outpouring of venom in the last hundred-or-so pages.

Just wanted to chime in with my thoughts on the Hawaii studio thing.  While I have no specific knowledge with respect to the alleged Big Island studio, it is not unknown for entirely unscrupulous persons to spend an inordinately long time setting up a [non-viable] business location in a vacation destination and then claim both the expenses related to the location and travel to/from it as a a deduction on their tax returns.

That's an interesting take on the topic, which I never would have considered. Notice that the quote says, "a residence" and not, "his residence." Perhaps nothing. The plot thickens like instant vanilla pudding.

QuoteNoory also revealed he has a full radio-studio hook-up at a residence… in Hawaii.

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 24, 2013, 07:03:27 AM

Brave of him to take on an ad involving a word he can barely pronounce.
I swear in this he says that this is the best prostate supplement he's taken, which begs the question: just how many of them has he taken? I think I may have to email George and ask him.
But I'm further confused, because I swear in another version of this, he talks about visiting the bum doctor regularly and always being told: 'You're fine, George.' In which case, and assuming the sNoory prostate is safely the size of the walnut we're alway told it should be, why is he taking supplements at all? Is this Munchausen's Prostate By Proxy Syndrome? Or have he and Tommy discovered they can get comfortably, and legally, high on the stuff before each night's show - thereby explaining the inability to get through his 'Here's what's happaneen' copy without making a complete Horlicks of it.
Or just another example of Doughboy lying through his mushmouth teeth?

What a "treat" it must be to be Jorch's doctor.  I can only imagine the number of "Wush up, Doc?" and "Doctor Bend Over" lines he's had to tolerate from The Nooron.  He's no doubt saying "You're find, Jorch" in less time than Jorch spends on show prep to get him out the door.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ChewMouse on January 24, 2013, 02:53:07 PM
At the end of last night's show, a caller named Edward came on and made the "confession" (his words) that despite Noory's one-call-a-month rule, he'd gotten through several times, sometimes "three times in a single night."

GN basically said for him to stay on the line because "Tommy wants to talk to you" and then took a quick question.

Will they hire him in some "It Takes A Thief" scenario to screen calls? Or has the Danheiser crawlspace possibly found a new set of remains...

ChewMouse

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2013, 03:10:57 PM
           Will they hire him in some "It Takes A Thief" scenario to screen calls? Or has the Danheiser crawlspace possibly found a new set of remains...
I took it as, "Yo, Tommy wants ta have a little talk wid you--"

Quote from: valdez on January 24, 2013, 06:14:44 AM

Nice.  I was never able to center an attachment, so I just stayed away from them.  Bold once upon introduction, freedom thereafter.  Well done.
     That "Sabrina" person called in again tonight.  She has that very distinct, monotone, suicidal, popped one too many quaaludes, voice. 

Thank you Valdez. I am trying to write one recap per week.

I also noticed the Sabrina caller and started recording her segments. I will then try to put them into a montage. I don't think they will be as interesting as Annie in Alabama.

Morgus

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 24, 2013, 03:51:11 PM
I also noticed the Sabrina caller and started recording her segments.
i don't get if Sabrina is a man or a woman now?

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 24, 2013, 04:03:54 PM
i don't get if Sabrina is a man or a woman now?

"How are yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Sabrinie..."  ::)

popple

Quote from: Maxwell on January 24, 2013, 01:17:47 AM
George to the guest:  "The school you went to has a great journalism school.  I think Brad Pitt went there."

Jorch loves his celebrity trivia!

ShayP

I just found that whole exchange weird. It's at 2:26:26 on the YouTube vid of the show.
(Coast To Coast AM - 01-23-2013 - Vampirism - C2CAM)

I found it weird too.  The caller was adamant in implying the 'one call per month rule' is false without actually saying so (as not to get booted by Noory).  We all know certain callers get through several times per week.  It annoys the crap outta me when I hear Noory spout off to people....... "you get one call a month."  >:(

I also would like to know what Tommy said.  ???

ItsOver

A certain Bill who admits to being an amateur comes to mind.

Rico999

All this ass-kissing of George by his guests is nauseating.   The reason they're so over the top about it is that they get a lot more exposure from Coast than any other venue, so they make George try to feel good so he'll bring them back on.   It also might be that the shows producers coach the guests into making sure to thank George as profusely as they can, making sure to tell him how great he is.  Unfortunately, the listeners have to try to stomach all of it.

It's really funny when Alex Jones does it, though, because it's obvious Jones covets George's audience and the sarcasm comes through very clearly.   Not to mention the fact that Jones is clearly the smarter of the two -- Jones knows it, but George doesn't.  George just thinks he's a prince.

George occasionally banters with the not-real-funny Tim Conway jr. on KFI before Coast comes on the air.  The night before last, Conway was on the ass-kissing bandwagon telling George how much the show was "improved" from the Art Bell era and of course, George agreed, saying the "planet has changed."   

Conway also asked whether or not he'd ever been to Art's studio in Pahrump; Noory said, no, but that after he left Coast, he just "faded away."   

Conway noted that Noory comes to work at 2 PM every day.

For crissakes, the guy's there from 2 PM to close and STILL screws up the "news" segment every night?  Is STILL unprepared to engage his guests in real dialogue?

Now that Art's out of his non-compete contract with Premiere, it's going to be interesting to see what he's going to do.  He needs to do some serious smackdown on George and show him how a real radio talker gets it done...

I've noticed that KOGO in San Diego is about 10 seconds ahead of the well-delayed KFI here in LA....

Morgus

Looks like we get a little Noory break tomorrow night, the c2c website has John B. Wells scheduled to fill in for Friday night open lines again.
At least that means no playing of that damned UFO Phil song for this week...

ItsOver

One less night of Noory and UFO Phil is always good.  You just have to be able to tolerate the semi-coherent rambling of Mary Jane Wells, stumbling around the deck of his "Mother Ship."  ::)

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on January 24, 2013, 06:24:36 PM
One less night of Noory and UFO Phil is always good.  You just have to be able to tolerate the semi-coherent rambling of Mary Jane Wells, stumbling around the deck of his "Mother Ship."  ::)

I'll take it.  I still think he (JBW) patronizes the "ship's captain."  I've heard him make some subtle, sarcastic comments directed at Noory.  I like JBW for the most part. What I don't like about him...I really don't like.  However, I see potential.  Regardless, no Noory is a good thing.  8)

CrabbyOld Bat

Edward sure didn't make Snorge or Tommy happy by announcing that. Heh!

But more importantly it obviously signals that they aren't getting as many calls during open lines anymore so it's easier to get through. And of course if C2C is getting fewer calls, it means the total number of listeners has dropped as well. If that isn't reflected in the ratings already, it will be soon. (I've often wondered about the accuracy of the ratings and what they truly indicate; stats can be so misleading.)

For a program that supposedly has 3-5 million listeners each night (please correct me if that's wrong), the Snorge & Tommy Show actually seems strained for callers at times. There's a lot of forced small-talk between calls, which is likely done simply to kill time. I never noticed that when Art was the host or when Knapp is hosting now. (I dunno about the other two current part-timers. Punnett rambles so much he never takes many callers and John Be Unwell sickens me so much I can't listen to him anymore at all.) 

Quote from: CoastOutsider on January 24, 2013, 09:17:54 AM

I think Wells may have broadcast from the Hawaii studio once or twice. Wells may have mentioned it in the broadcast and there might have been a photo (my memory is foggy on this).

zeebo

Quote from: Eegah on January 24, 2013, 01:28:30 AM
George: "Some psychic vampires don't know who they are!" Guest: long pause...
I always thought psychic vampires were 100% self-aware.  Clearly I need to listen to George to get the truth on these matters.