George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

George Drooly

Yes but he's "taken thuh buh-ton and run with it" as he said, harhar

Elflord

I hope that Art comes back to show that he is the RADIO GOD and not snoory.

Eegah

Snoory (aka Assclown) is just phoning it in tonight, as usual...is it just me or has this topic been covered repeatedly?  He needs some fresh material and we need a fresh host  :(

Eegah

Sorry, lost myself for a moment there. It's hard when I tune in hoping for some decent radio and alas, crap... :'(

Eegah

Vampires must be real because Snoory is "sucking" the lifeblood out of this radio show! My local affiliate which has carried C2C for years has dropped it. I have to listen online now.

NoMoreNoory

'Well, for you Coast Insiders, I'll have a huge announcement for you, I think, in a few weeks, and also those of you who are not Insiders yet, you're going to enjoy it as well.....'
Wtf? That'll be everyone listening then, right?
'But you can become a Coast Insider, downloads and podcasts into the programme......'
????

George Drooly

Bob Dylan and Brad Pitt both mentioned tangentially on the show so far... what is this, TMZ?

Eegah

LMAO...removing animal genitalia is now classified as a hobby? Alright! ???

George Drooly

Uh oh! 2nd hour guest hasn't even gotten a dozen words out before Jorge waffles about a "bad line" -- what's the problem now, George?

Maxwell

George to the guest:  "The school you went to has a great journalism school.  I think Brad Pitt went there."

NoMoreNoory

'Jim, I can barely hear you. We may have to call you back, but let's chat while we're doing that.'
Really? How do you continue to talk to someone while calling them back? Only a miracle-working genius of Joorch's calibre could achieve that.

Eegah

Still LMAO, we HAVE to go to open lines. OMG! Way to dump a guest Snoorge!

Eegah

Eegah

George: "Some psychic vampires don't know who they are!" Guest: long pause...

Morgus

Noory always brings up 'psychic' vampires, who suck energy from other people.
But Noory doesn't realize that he himself is one of those, sucking energy from all the listeners every night...

Eegah

Quote from: Morgus on January 24, 2013, 01:55:56 AM
Noory always brings up 'psychic' vampires, who suck energy from other people.
But Noory doesn't realize that he himself is one of those, sucking energy from all the listeners every night...
Thank you for articulating my thought Mr. Morgus. He has sucked the life out of the show, the listeners, and most likely anyone who is around him for any length of time.

The second guest-discussing some of the history of "vampirism" is much better.
Many of his stories are the same stories I heard on a Science Friday interview of writer Matt Kaplan and his book. link to audio here  There is a great story about a man "resurrected" in Jamaica by a vodoo witch doctor and forced to work on a plantation.

The main book is title Medusa's Gaze and Vampire's Bite (link here).

Morgus

Wow, Noory ran out of questions for his vampirism guest after only one hour, and is going to callers for him early.
Noory always brings up the old Aurora model kits for the monsters that he glued together as a kid...

Morgus

Quote from: Lilly on January 24, 2013, 02:27:32 AM
Snoory is the epitome of an energy vampire yet that bitch who comes on and talks about the subject never tells him he's one!  I must add that fake to the list of "when you knew (so and so) on C2C was a fraud."  What is her name!?  I am feeling so drained  :o
do you mean Rosemary Ellen Guiley, Noory's co-author on one book?

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on January 24, 2013, 02:16:46 AM
Wow, Noory ran out of questions for his vampirism guest after only one hour, and is going to callers for him early.

I only tuned in for a few minutes tonight, but got mental whiplash when he (paraphrasing) asked something like "Some scientists did a vampire paper, what was that all about?", followed immediately by (again paraphrasing) "Some people are really getting into this vampirism stuff, what do you make of that?"

You can almost hear him just checking off the questions from his list one-by-one.  He seems to then just wait for the guest to stop talking with their response, so he can jump to the next unrelated question.  Why not just give the guest the list and have him interview himself.  At least maybe they could rearrange the questions into some meaningful order.

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013 show:
      The first hour guest was an ass-kiss fest, Mike Levine, author of Guerrilla PR, thought marketing=brownnosing. He sure filled Noory up with BS. Levine continually referred to Facebook users as sad and lonely people but at the end of the hour I think Levine was the sad and pathetic one. Would that be irony?
      The second guest, James Rollins had fascinating and morbid stories about how some of the vampire myth was derived from real life diseases and psychosis  One of these included Hungarian countess Elizabeth Bathory, who bathed in the blood of virgins to retain her youth. Instead of these interesting historical stories or how they shaped Rollins' new book, Noory continually directed the conversation to psychic vampires.     
      Why? Because Noory only speaks bullshit.

[attachimg=1]
Guerrilla PR as demonstrated in the first hour

Doomed

Jorch on with Levine yakkin' about C2C live on the holidays. "I dont fault the other hosts...". Shit. He does it for the lonely shutins? Is that what he thinks those who listen are? I aint knockin' shut ins, but c'mon noory, give it a rest. If this guy strokes himself any more, we'll have to give the show an X rating. What a boob...

Neil

Was Levine reading his Noory ball-washing comments off a script?  It sure seemed that way....especially the part about listeners getting their info from c2c, because they can't hear it anywhere else.....

stevesh

From Noory's new ad for yet another prostate snake oil supplement:

"Feeling great has never felt better."

Apparently they're letting George write ad copy now.

valdez

Quote from: George Drooly on January 24, 2013, 01:15:12 AM
Bob Dylan...what is this, TMZ?
Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 24, 2013, 04:26:18 AM
     Wednesday, January 23rd 2013 show:
      The first hour guest was an ass-kiss fest, Mike Levine, author of Guerrilla PR, thought marketing=brownnosing. He sure filled Noory up with BS. Levine continually referred to Facebook users as sad and lonely people but at the end of the hour I think Levine was the sad and pathetic one. Would that be irony?
      The second guest, James Rollins had fascinating and morbid stories about how some of the vampire myth was derived from real life diseases and psychosis  One of these included Hungarian countess Elizabeth Bathory, who bathed in the blood of virgins to retain her youth. Instead of these interesting historical stories or how they shaped Rollins' new book, Noory continually directed the conversation to psychic vampires.     
      Why? Because Noory only speaks bullshit.

[attachimg=1]
Guerrilla PR as demonstrated in the first hour

Nice.  I was never able to center an attachment, so I just stayed away from them.  Bold once upon introduction, freedom thereafter.  Well done.
     That "Sabrina" person called in again tonight.  She has that very distinct, monotone, suicidal, popped one too many quaaludes, voice.  The first time she called, a few years back, she had just gotten her sex change operation and she said she was now happy...in that "I'm standing on the ledge about to jump" voice.  Weird.  So she calls in tonight and tells Rollins that she once had a relationship with a vampire and they sucked each others blood on a daily basis.  So far I count three frequent callers (her, Bill from West Hartford, and that mutant "lands softly" guy) that, if I had an airline, would be on my no fly list.
     And in the "George Noory is completely detached from reality" department, George tells Levine that he's been talking to Bob Dylan's son, Jessie, about trying to get Mr. Tambourine Man to "do the show."  Monkeys will come flying out of Producer Tom's butt whistling Dixie before that ever happens.  Guaranteed.  And in the "pulling it out of his ass" department (lots of departments here at the Snoorology Research Institute), George asked Rollins "how have past and future religions handled vampires?"  Huh?  What?  The man does not disappoint.

bob+dylan+1966
never

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: stevesh on January 24, 2013, 05:49:25 AM
From Noory's new ad for yet another prostate snake oil supplement:

"Feeling great has never felt better."

Apparently they're letting George write ad copy now.

Brave of him to take on an ad involving a word he can barely pronounce.
I swear in this he says that this is the best prostate supplement he's taken, which begs the question: just how many of them has he taken? I think I may have to email George and ask him.
But I'm further confused, because I swear in another version of this, he talks about visiting the bum doctor regularly and always being told: 'You're fine, George.' In which case, and assuming the sNoory prostate is safely the size of the walnut we're alway told it should be, why is he taking supplements at all? Is this Munchausen's Prostate By Proxy Syndrome? Or have he and Tommy discovered they can get comfortably, and legally, high on the stuff before each night's show - thereby explaining the inability to get through his 'Here's what's happaneen' copy without making a complete Horlicks of it.
Or just another example of Doughboy lying through his mushmouth teeth?