• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Immy on January 23, 2013, 12:11:51 AM
... Then Conway and another guy chatted in awe about Jorch always showing up at 2pm everyday...

George is bored and boring.  As far as I can tell, he has zero interest in anything other than George Noory and clinging to a job he hates but pays well.  What else is someone like that going to do when he wakes up? - may as well go to the office to putter around and bother people tryng to get some work done.

Listening to that clip, their tone of voice, they sure sound condescending towards him.

valdez

Good guy, Robert Zimmerman, in the news segment talking about the mining of asteroids.  George said he "can't see people mining asteroids."  Really?  I'd be very disappointed if the human race didn't strip this universe of everything and anything of value.  John and Pauline Holeton on the very boring subject of smart meters.  Yeah, I know, big brother, whatever. Peter Lance normally takes over the show, slowing down just enough to tell George how great he is, but tonight he was a tad sedate, on with government protection program enrollee Emad Salem, who helped put away Omar Abdel Rahman, affectionately known as the "blind sheikh", for his involvement in the first attack on the World Trade Center, and who may be released in accordance with the wishes of Egyptian Pharaoh, Mohamed Morsi.  Lance is good at what he does, connecting dots and weaving together the complicated.  Tonight I learned of the shoddy work done by mob operated contractors who built the towers, which was revealed in the sheikh's trial, which in turn was information used by the terrorist, in conjunction with flying hijacked airplanes, to bring them down.

ziznak

anybody hear Noory mention somebody named shaw from Iran??? Does anybody know this shaw person?? this name sounds very western to me I can't imagine an Iranian with that name.... hmm.

you dont think he meant this guy do ya?

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Maxwell on January 23, 2013, 04:18:19 AM
Okay, I think I figured out that morse code the caller played early in the show.  The best I can do is 3TWFL or FTWFL or KTTWFL.  Maybe a ham radio call sign?  Like everyone else, I was hoping for GEORGE NOORY SUCKS.
[attachimg=2]

Hmm... It'll be interesting to see if there are more such incidents.

Who do we know of that (1) is an expert ham radio operator, (2) could be familiar with Morse code because of his own military service and having grown up in a military family, (3) has some connection to C2C and is unhappy with the piece of crap it has become and (4) recently left a cryptic "Stay tuned" message for his fans?

Just askin'. 

No ham radio operators have those call signs according to a worldwide call sign database.

ItsOver

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 23, 2013, 02:39:44 AM
He thinks showing up his prep. He has talked previously that his only prep was over dinner with his producer, so he contradicts himself one more time.

Fine Art stream has a great story on transplants on now.  Proof Noory is wrong again, Art had a broad show.

I think you've got it.  Noory thinks just showing-up is prep.  After all, that's all he does when he's actually on the air and he thinks he's great.   ::)

Oh, I thought he said "blind sheep." 

I expected a show on the health benefits of ram's urine.

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on January 23, 2013, 04:03:04 AM
What was I listening to tonight? Is the Nooron trying to do right-wing radio because he realizes he'll never be as popular as Art was in his format? God damn, tuned in for a few minutes tonight and heard the same shit that's regurgitated 24 hours in every other form of media. Only it was done poorly as George is too slow and too stupid to be able to competently talk about politics or world affairs. This is the first time I've tuned into Noory in awhile as I usually only listen to Knapp or Welles but god, C2C is awful now.

Well, I didn't listen to the show.  I can stomach only a few minutes a month of C2C nowadays.  However, I've sort of felt that the show has been leaning right for a while.  I know that we all hear things through our various political/intellectual filters, and I'm not trying to piss on anyone's parade, but to my ears Noory & co. have been an often uneasy mix of libertarian/rightwing talking points for a while:  "I don't know what'll  happen if we re-elect Obama.  Thumthing about that guy makth me nervouth."

Quote from: ItsOver on January 23, 2013, 11:30:58 AM

I think you've got it.  Noory thinks just showing-up is prep.  After all, that's all he does when he's actually on the air and he thinks he's great.   ::)

George has made comments here and there that make me think he thinks its mostly about what he can make his voice sound like over the air. 

In fact the only other thing George ever seems concerned with is static on the line or clicks and sounds the listeners don't even hear.  George is a real stickler for all the stuff that doesn't matter.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 23, 2013, 12:53:17 PM

George has made comments here and there that make me think he thinks its mostly about what he can make his voice sound like over the air. 

In fact the only other thing George ever seems concerned with is static on the line or clicks and sounds the listeners don't even hear.  George is a real stickler for all the stuff that doesn't matter.

He sure get's bent out of shape when a caller asks him about getting close to a break.  Too bad he's not a stickler for anything close to a quality show.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 23, 2013, 12:53:17 PM

It is funny, and I think a bad phone line is his wet dream because it provides a possible out on the interview. Once he dumps the guest for their bad connection, he can resume his nightly duties of doing nothing, letting mindless morons blabber away during open lines.

Like he recently said to a guest, you worry about Bigfoot, I'll worry about the breaks. George "the best break taker in radio" Noory. It's like having an illiterate student who is really good at dotting his i's or something.

Morgus

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on January 23, 2013, 04:03:04 AM
What was I listening to tonight? Is the Nooron trying to do right-wing radio because he realizes he'll never be as popular as Art was in his format? God damn, tuned in for a few minutes tonight and heard the same shit that's regurgitated 24 hours in every other form of media. Only it was done poorly as George is too slow and too stupid to be able to competently talk about politics or world affairs. This is the first time I've tuned into Noory in awhile as I usually only listen to Knapp or Welles but god, C2C is awful now.
this type of show indicates what Noory really wants to cover, his so-called 'breaking' news, rather than the paranormal subjects he often makes fun of.
such as a recent paranormal expert guest he played a stupid joke on, making a dump spirit voice and claiming it wasn't him.
he never plays such jokes on his guests like that night, about politics or world affairs - is that a coincidence?  8)

someone posted yesterday that Noory revealed in a short interview of him on KFI the hour before c2c started, that he said you can't do paranormal stuff every night.
that sounds like just a Noory excuse, so he can sneak in mainstream news guests, that he really wants to concentrate on...

Whoa!  Eddie Coyle brought this thread to page 666!  Look at his avatar -- it's got six eyes!  Somebody call Jorch.  The antichrist walks among us!

Morgus

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 23, 2013, 01:23:50 PM
        It is funny, and I think a bad phone line is his wet dream because it provides a possible out on the interview. Once he dumps the guest for their bad connection, he can resume his nightly duties of doing nothing, letting mindless morons blabber away during open lines.
yep, and i wouldn't put it past Noory to have his staff create a fake bad phone connection and sound effects to give him an excuse to dump a guest early, like he has done often when the guest disagrees with one of his pet theories like abiotic oil...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 23, 2013, 01:49:24 PM
Whoa!  Eddie Coyle brought this thread to page 666!  Look at his avatar -- it's got six eyes!  Somebody call Jorch.  The antichrist walks among us!
Good catch! Happy to provide "A Touch of Evil" to CG. There are no coincidences...especially when your IQ is 61 like Noory's and every thing is rudimentary.

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on January 23, 2013, 01:47:14 PM
this type of show indicates what Noory really wants to cover, his so-called 'breaking' news, rather than the paranormal subjects he often makes fun of....

I think there's something to what you say. It seems obvious George is bored or uninterested with the standard C2C fare. But doesn't he realize it's the easiest format to do? Other than just "community radio", a very small audience in a rural locale, where it's open lines and everybody knows each other and talks about whatever "good neighbor" stuff that suits them. It doesn't seem possible George really wants to go to "current events" "breaking news" or political talk, because they take real effort to pull off. And George is not only lazy, he's the most intellectually incurious person I've ever heard of in public life. He is truly astonishingly ignorant of not only current events, but major historical ones. George wanting to quit paranormal to do "current events" is like George Costanza on Seinfeld talking with Jerry about what kind of jobs he'd like to do, which of course are wildly unreasonable and for which he's woefully unprepared: "Well what about being a sports commentator. You know how I always make those witty comments during a game?" That is George Noory wanting to do "breaking news".

ItsOver

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 23, 2013, 01:49:24 PM

"I don't believe in coinshedenshes" - Jorch Noory

NoMoreNoory

To commemorate this momentous occasion.

[attachimg=1]

Do you think we've opened a portal?

qaddisin

"Beeyon Bleef"
"Ancient Aliens"
"Worker in the Light" and whatever other craptacular books he's put his name on.

No, George. You can't do paranormal every night, but you sure as hell can make money off of it when you do.

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 23, 2013, 02:13:48 PM

[attachimg=1]

No doubt.  Instead of an angel, though, we got this:

Apparently, parrots can't pass through portals, though.

jinwicked

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 23, 2013, 02:13:48 PM

[attachimg=1]

Haha. Just getting in on the page #666 party.

coaster

Jorch said Art's version of the show had a more limited scope, which is why he's taken it in the direction he has, adding "You can't just talk about the paranormal every night." Huh??

/puke

Morgus

Noory has a guest scheduled for tonight's c2c show on vampires.
Expect him to make another phony voice (and deny it was him) where he attempts to sound like dracula: "I've come to suck your blood" or similar... ;)

lonevoice

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 23, 2013, 01:23:50 PM
George "the best break taker in radio" Noory. It's like having an illiterate student who is really good at dotting his i's or something.

Too funny!  Jorch is a Break Taking Savant. 

And, because this is page 666, it must never go without frequent repeats of its intended purpose:  George Noory Sucks.

... Then Jorch said Art's version of the show had a more limited scope, which is why he's taken it in the direction he has, adding "You can't just talk about the paranormal every night." Huh??...

It's true.  George can't.

He's about out of guests that will come on with him anymore

eddie dean

My take, regarding the spooky voice thing that george claims was not his.  if you think about how a normal person might react to a disembodied and unexpected voice suddenly interjecting itself into a conversation, it would be of shock and surprise. there would be several seconds of pause and dead air for someone to be able to process this, to wrap your brain around it to try to understand it. Just think how you have reacted  to any shocking event in your life, it is always followed by a pause, your mouth drops open and you run the event over and over in  you head at different angles to try to make seance of it. GN immediately said "did you hear that". not a  genuine reaction to a shocking event but simply a premeditated reaction in order to try to shift the focus on  guest and try to create a paranormal drama.
To my ears, the "voice"  doesn't sound like it is processed, just a bad attempt of a dickhead trying to pull a pranks. Also  GN do you expect us to believe that a professional radio studio does not have a signal processor(voice box) such as pitch change, reverb, delay or similar signal processors for post production. a clever guy would prerecord the voice, signal process it so it sounds nothing like the original, then cue the producer to play the sample while the host was talking. That scenario might be more convincing, still very sad and pathetic, but at least somewhat convincing. 
Also, make sure the spooky voice says something random. GN spooky voice just asked the next question on the card..... Pathetic

Someone referenced GN attempt  to dupe a caller by predicting her employment duties or something similar, but it blew up in his face when she announced that she had given this information to the call screener GN denied it and was busted in his attempt to generate a paranormal event during the show. almost as bad as Silvia Brown's live mistake about miners who were alive, but then found dead. She was proven to be full of shit forever in my eyes.

we all know George Noory is not a good radio host and lacs critical thinking an imagination now we can add horrible actor to his list as well. I think GN can hear the foot falls and feels the pressure of Art's comeback.

NoMoreNoory

Then Jorch said Art's version of the show had a more limited scope, which is why he's taken it in the direction he has, adding "You can't just talk about the paranormal every night."

To be fair, I didn't hear Doughboy mention the paranormal at all. He was talking about something called the 'pirrer-normal', whatever that is.

Quote from: eddie dean on January 23, 2013, 03:57:44 PM
GN spooky voice just asked the next question on the card..... Pathetic

Nailed it!

NoMoreNoory

On a serious note, his dismissal of Art's C2C as just doing  'weird' 'paranormal' stuff every night only demonstrates that he was paying no attention to what Coast was. A short time in the company of the excellent AB stream on this site is ample evidence to the contrary.
The 'breaking news' issue is more evidence of his bizarre Walter Mitty character. Somewhere in the echoing chasms of his brain, you feel he sees himself as a latter day Walter Cronkite, informing a breathless, and largely unaware nation of the latest national and international events.  Firstly, by the time he 'breaks' his news, it is, in the age of rolling news services, at least hours old. He's doing no more than repeating stuff we already know. If he was using his much-vaunted 8 hours show-prep properly, he'd be searching around in the dusty, cobwebbed corners for C2C-related issues that otherwise might not be broadcast at all, though even that is difficult in the age of the internet. Secondly, when he tries to deal with 'heavyweight' issues, he simply reveals his incompetence. Again last night, he derailed conversation, asked questions that had already been answered, failed to develop a clear narrative in the story - the real art (Art) of the interviewer (Knapp and Punnett are both excellent in this regard) - and twice resorted to the nonsensical and lazy ploy of asking his guests to 'predict' what would happen in a) the coming year and b) the next three years. What is the point in that? It's not a prediction at all, it's at best a projection based on what we know but is for the most part - and especially when suddenly pressured into it by your interlocutor - guesswork and pretty much pointless.
Whether it's new-age, self-help cat-ladydom or international terrorism, he just is not up to the job. In short, and in conclusion, I would put it to you that
GEORGE NOORY SUCKS

CrabbyOld Bat

Couldn't miss the 666 event, so, ta-da! Gee, maybe Glynis will pop in too.

Anyway, I think I'll try to get through on open lines tonight to ask Snorge if he ever thought he was a vampire -- since he's so good at sucking.

I'll stop right there and let all the possibilities speak for themselves.