President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

But there's no such thing as trickle down economics.  Oh no.  ::) :P

Disney Hands Out $125 Million in Employee Bonuses, Credits Trump Tax Cuts

https://www.thewrap.com/disney-125-million-employee-bonuses-trump-tax-cuts/

I can't count how many stories there are like this but the left will

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 23, 2018, 09:42:51 PM
Nope, but they won't move far from CA. Why would they? The cost of transporting their existing products from S E Asia would be far more if they had to go to say Illinois or NY State.

There are Trump voters everywhere, even SF! But the majority of the electorate are not Trump supporters, its why Trump's bitch (or is it the other way around?) Miller is playing to the base. Currently around 35%. He has nowhere else to go; They've spent zero time in attempting to attract none Trump voters. They won't do it now.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time in Cal. and can verify what everyone but you seems to know and that is everything is more expensive in the people’s republic of California.  Running a welfare state imposes a tax burden that drives prices up across the board.  How many other states have you lived in?

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 23, 2018, 11:31:47 PM

I knew if I put out the dog whistle the Trumpers would come out for some refuge denial.

Pud's gone, Laura must have finally gotten home.  I knew it wasn't roller derby night, or we would have heard more about how tough she is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLAUyN0QS8   
I hope he got dinner on the table in time.  I'd hate to hear Suzanne Vega singing "My name is Pud.  I live on the second floor..."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 24, 2018, 12:36:53 AM

Get back to us in say four-five years if its a regular thing...Promise?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 24, 2018, 07:01:03 AM

You don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time in Cal. and can verify what everyone but you seems to know and that is everything is more expensive in the people’s republic of California.  Running a welfare state imposes a tax burden that drives prices up across the board.  How many other states have you lived in?

Yes it is very expensive, IF you're a resident. House prices are astronomic, partly because very few can live on the doorstep of Silicon valley and SF, so they move out here. More recently because landlords too have been gouging because of the recent fires that took out a lot of houses in the Napa valley.

So yeah I do know. But such as Apple get concessions to have plants. Land values are also rising (driven by the legalisation of marijuana) but such as Apple can adsorb that and have it as a tax loss.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 23, 2018, 09:48:02 PM
Just to make sure I'm clear - are you saying Illinois and NY are less liberal than CA, or they don't sell Apple products there because it's too far to ship?

It has noting to do with being liberal you silly boy. Its basic logistic economics. If Apple have their products made (as they do) by a third party in Asia they're not landed with the infrastructure of assembly...But if they do happen to move that to the US, it makes sense to build it in a place close to the gateway where the components will be coming from. That would be CA.

Yorkshire pud

Anyway, in other news. Nixon fan boi Roger Stone has been quoted as saying that its a 'Death wish' for Trump to meet Mueller and that he risks it being a
'perjury trap'. I wonder why that might be? Trump by his own admission has the best words, is a stable genius and a high IQ. Why on earth would he have to worry about committing perjury too?  ???

Yorkshire pud

Toys R Us are closing 180 stores. Will Trump be taking the responsibility for that as well as he does for gains? What are the chances? In round figures?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 24, 2018, 09:41:45 AM
Anyway, in other news. Nixon fan boi Roger Stone has been quoted as saying that its a 'Death wish' for Trump to meet Mueller and that he risks it being a
'perjury trap'. I wonder why that might be? Trump by his own admission has the best words, is a stable genius and a high IQ. Why on earth would he have to worry about committing perjury too?  ???

That all depends on what the meaning of the word “is” is.  Slick Willy managed to step on his crank while being interviewed by a special prosecutor and everyone knows that he is crazy smart.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 24, 2018, 10:17:30 AM
That all depends on what the meaning of the word “is” is.  Slick Willy managed to step on his crank while being interviewed by a special prosecutor and everyone knows that he is crazy smart.

I think in this instance it might be worth knowing what Stone means by perjury trap.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 24, 2018, 10:44:03 AM

Do you actually know what you think you're talking about?

No, he doesn't.  Lacking a valid credit card, GD will never be able to use a check-free store as they don't except cash or EBT cards.

Yorkshire pud

In other news...(And this is a doozy). Flynn apparently didn't tell the WH or Trump he was interviewed in January 2017 by the FBI. At the time Flynn was asked to resign a few weeks after Sally Yates told the WH he was a potential blackmail risk. The reason he was asked to resign was that he'd lied to Pence..

Late 2017 after Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI, Trump tweeted that he'd been fired in early 2017 for lying to the FBI..Now, this throws up at least two scenarios: Either Flynn was fired but kept in position after lying to the FBI and Pence in the full knowledge of Trump, or the WH didn't know at that time he'd been interviewed by the FBI so therefore Trump's tweet after the guilty plea was an out and out lie..  ???

This might explain why Roger Stone is worried about a potential perjury trap. Trump can't keep his story straight. Throw in the testimonies of those he's thrown under the bus and it could all be very interesting.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 24, 2018, 11:05:52 AM
In other news...(And this is a doozy). Flynn apparently didn't tell the WH or Trump he was interviewed in January 2017 by the FBI. At the time Flynn was asked to resign a few weeks after Sally Yates told the WH he was a potential blackmail risk. The reason he was asked to resign was that he'd lied to Pence..

Late 2017 after Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI, Trump tweeted that he'd been fired in early 2017 for lying to the FBI..Now, this throws up at least two scenarios: Either Flynn was fired but kept in position after lying to the FBI and Pence in the full knowledge of Trump, or the WH didn't know at that time he'd been interviewed by the FBI so therefore Trump's tweet after the guilty plea was an out and out lie..  ???

This might explain why Roger Stone is worried about a potential perjury trap. Trump can't keep his story straight. Throw in the testimonies of those he's thrown under the bus and it could all be very interesting.

Anything’s possible but I’m still betting Trump comes out of this relatively unscathed and many more Dems lose jobs and/or are endicted than Rep’s.

albrecht

Strange.
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/24/al-gore-trump-solar-tariff-davos/
"Former Vice President Al Gore did something he, admittedly, rarely does and defended a recent Trump administration decision to impose tariffs on solar cells and modules. “I don’t typically defend him,” Gore said during a panel discussion at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 24, 2018, 11:18:58 AM
Anything’s possible but I’m still betting Trump comes out of this relatively unscathed and many more Dems lose jobs and/or are endicted than Rep’s.

I'll bet my hair you're wrong.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 24, 2018, 12:36:53 AM

I'm glad some billion dollar companies are trickling down on us. But I have always wondered, if trickle down is supposed to help the middle and lower income people, why not give the money directly to the people instead of depending on the voluntary largesse of the billionaire companies/employers?

Also, the Republicans giveth (to the super-rich) and taketh away (from the middle-class):

1. In 2018, some healthcare premiums might go up by as much as 50 percent. ... Topping the list is Georgia, with rates that are 57 percent higher than last year, while Florida said some premiums will be 45 percent higher.  And at the same time deductibles will go up.

2. Republicans have made no secret of the fact that after the tax bill passes, they will point at the resulting deficits to justify cuts in Medicaid and Medicare. The House and Senate passed a budget resolution last month with $1.8 trillion in cuts to both of these programs

3.  The tuition and fees deduction is no longer available. The tuition and fees deduction was actually an extender that expired at the end of 2016. The tuition and fees deduction allowed taxpayers to reduce their taxable income by up to $4,000.

4.  Starting this year, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the recently enacted federal tax overhaul, caps payers' deductions on their property, state and local income taxes (SALT)  at $10,000.

In 2015, the average New Yorker's SALT deduction was more than $22,000. In New Jersey and California, those deductions were around $18,000, while Marylanders claimed an average deduction of nearly $13,000.

The reality of trickle down is a larger deficit and an increase in the income inequality gap: 

"Between 1979 and 2005 (Reagan and W.'s shots at trickle down) after-tax household income rose 6 percent for the bottom fifth. The top fifth income increased by 80 percent. The top 1 percent saw their income triple. Instead of trickling down, it appears that prosperity trickled up. "

So much for strengthening the middle-class by making the super-rich richer

Who's the monkey now?

Asuka Langley

"jus wauk out nigga" technology at Payless

Asuka Langley

"just walk out" technology at QuickTrip

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on January 24, 2018, 12:09:12 PM
I'm a cunt pretending to be Asian.

Have you considered jumping off a bridge onto a heap of rocks a hundred feet below? You should.

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on January 24, 2018, 08:35:10 AM
I hope he got dinner on the table in time.  I'd hate to hear Suzanne Vega singing "My name is Pud.  I live on the second floor..."

Hehehe

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 24, 2018, 12:36:30 PM
I'm a cunt pretending to be American.

Have you considered swimming back to britbongistan? You should.

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 24, 2018, 09:41:45 AM

That's for lawyers to argue.  As I have seen countless times, it's all in the articulation.  Or maybe, it's this, in the words of, I can't remember who said, them, maybe you do, "What does it matter?"

paladin1991

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 24, 2018, 10:17:30 AM
And really, ''What does it matter?"