• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131015 - Jim Sparks - Alien Encounters

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 15, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

Quote from: coaster on October 15, 2013, 09:39:06 PM
heres something I've been working on. I was thinking about sending it to Keith. What do you think? It may need more work. check out the full size. I think its decent.

Oh thats beautiful.  you are so talented.

WhiteCrow

Never could of imagined that since Art's been on, my TV has been off and gladly spend 4 hours listening to all this nonsense.

steelbot

Quote from: Ward on October 15, 2013, 09:52:13 PM
how were they different onan? back in the 286 days :)

14.4 were the prodigy days, i really think my first modem that i personally owned as 28.8K
you child =P 300baud bbs =P hardy harr!

onan

Quote from: Ward on October 15, 2013, 09:52:13 PM
how were they different onan? back in the 286 days :)

14.4 were the prodigy days, i really think my first modem that i personally owned as 28.8K

hell ya I was so proud of my 486 25mhz... rockin machine

nofAcedAgent

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 09:49:03 PM
not really - I tend to agree with lioness - that Irc is at least synchronous communications - and much preferred.  The only thing the forum offers is a permanent record of conversations...or a continuance..of discussions at a later date... I really don't get the disturbing hatred towards irc...as I've used the net since it's inception, (well ok not during the darpa days sorry) but since it's been publicly available and just don't get the angst towards it.  I GET THE ANGST towards that one asshat that brought it up before in the manner and his childish action were out of place for sure

From my experience IRC degenerates into a spamfest which becomes hard to read, and it lessens the quality of the average post. Theres something about pushing that 'post' button that tells you to make sure your thought is complete and are you sure you want to publish this to the net?

Somehow that is completley lost on me, and thats why i come across like a fool =D

CRM 114

I find myself more entertained by Arts ads and random musings than most of the guests. Guy last night was pretty good, he knew how to dialog, even it was baloney.

coaster

Darkened it up a bit. This will be the version I send to Keith. Hope they like it.

Ward

Quote from: Nova on October 15, 2013, 09:52:09 PM
Me me!  I still love when I hear that little 'uh oh' noise.  Talking to random people, thinking oh man this is awesome!

that's great, the little animated flower was a staple on my task-bar...windows 95 era if i am remembering right

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on October 15, 2013, 09:50:10 PM
Yeah I'm the dumbass, being in a forum and wanting an IRC.
I must be an asshole because I love this shit!  What a great night!

steelbot

Quote from: Nova on October 15, 2013, 09:52:09 PM
Me me!  I still love when I hear that little 'uh oh' noise.  Talking to random people, thinking oh man this is awesome!
oh that shit (uh oh) got annoying fast, I'm pretty sure I changed it to some bs scifi beeping and flashing that was way less annoying :P
ps i've owned a darkmatter on irchighway but since as someone pointed out I'm only talking to myself i had to conform!

werfold

Lioness

"...it might even let you understand Jim Sparks." - Art, shilling this radio (and not just remarking on the sound quality, I'm sure)

ICEBURN

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 15, 2013, 09:54:23 PM
I must be an asshole because I love this shit!  What a great night!

I love ya man.

Laurakinch

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 15, 2013, 09:46:39 PM
Is this all one long abduction, or is it pretty much a nightly thing with him? I've tuned out (mentally, not radiophonically). Even Art is starting to sound a tad bored. I hear Lennon:
Everybody's talking
And no-one says a word

At least there's no fear of missing anything whilst reading the forum. This dude's a real yawner and an extreme bullshitter.

Cynnie

Quote from: Ward on October 15, 2013, 09:54:17 PM
that's great, the little animated flower was a staple on my task-bar...windows 95 era if i am remembering right

The internet was so awesome back then ..frustrating, but awesome

TumbleWeed

Quote from: coaster on October 15, 2013, 09:39:06 PM
heres something I've been working on. I was thinking about sending it to Keith. What do you think? It may need more work. check out the full size. I think its decent.

You make Neon Signs?
Awsome.

Jackstar

Quote from: werfold on October 15, 2013, 09:54:47 PM
Hi guys. what's going on in this thread?
trying to get DCC to work, can you explain it to us? lol

Nova

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 09:54:27 PM
oh that shit (uh oh) got annoying fast, I'm pretty sure I changed it to some bs scifi beeping and flashing that was way less annoying :P

Blasphemy!  I better not tell you that I actually downloaded it as a tone on my phone.  Oops, I just did.

steelbot

Quote from: Ward on October 15, 2013, 09:55:04 PM
sweet steelbot , your a veteran
and a Veteran ! =P yep - if i remember correctly the first time i heard about art bell was using his AOL chat room which was basically IRC...btw...and Art used to join in and chat at times..

Ward

Quote from: onan on October 15, 2013, 09:53:30 PM
hell ya I was so proud of my 486 25mhz... rockin machine

did it have a "turbo" button? great for slowing Star Control 2 down for melee combat ;)

casioson

Quote from: Catsmile on October 15, 2013, 09:54:50 PM
AB was just making a funny, lol.  :D

IRC is no joke... one day... it may be all we got...

I remember playing a lot of dial up Warcraft Ii games on a 28.8k modem... Right around when I first heard of Art, around 1995 I guess

Cynnie

Quote from: werfold on October 15, 2013, 09:54:47 PM
Hi guys. what's going on in this thread?

Fighting or fucking ..it all looks the same

Jackstar

Quote from: Cynnie on October 15, 2013, 09:57:36 PM
Fighting or fucking ..it all looks the same

*blink* Jesus, you don't do it like I do it then.