• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 28, 2017, 08:01:50 AM
I don't get the sock puppet account thing. If I am going to say something I am going to say it under my own account and not some fake ass account.

And just a little real world perspective,none of my friends know who Art Bell is let alone Heather Wade. Most of my friends don't listen to talk radio, if they do it is a podcast based thing. Then again the majority of my friends are in their 40s and 50s.

Anyway kudos for that many views.
Praise MV ;D

Thanks, babe. Good to see u around.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Σ> on April 28, 2017, 08:11:34 AM
Thanks, babe. Good to see u around.
Good to be back! Bellgab has taught me much and continues to teach me daily. And to think I got here listening to a bootleg stream of Art Bell that you used to run.

One thing bellgab has taught me is the danger of losing free speech. People may say vile things here but at least they aren't censored. You start censoring views and its all over. Reminds me a lot of the Facebook friends I lost because I didn't vote their way. I know people who stopped talking to their parents because they voted for Trump. Insane.

Edit: Sad day when people of opposing views can't still be friends or have good conversations.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 28, 2017, 08:17:29 AM
Good to be back! Bellgab has taught me much and continues to teach me daily. And to think I got here listening to a bootleg stream of Art Bell that you used to run.

One thing bellgab has taught me is the danger of losing free speech. People may say vile things here but at least they aren't censored. You start censoring views and its all over. Reminds me a lot of the Facebook friends I lost because I didn't vote their way. I know people who stopped talking to their parents because they voted for Trump. Insane.

Praise MV!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on April 28, 2017, 05:04:48 AM
So you think most people that post here are actually bots?  Why do you think so?  Disagreeing with you does not make one a bot.

Primary narcissism with a persecution complex.  ;)

ItsOver

Edit: Sad day when people of opposing views can't still be friends or have good conversations.
All Hail MV.  Although, I wouldn't mind a "Just Shut the Hell Up Pud Day" once a year.  Maybe on the Fourth of July.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 28, 2017, 05:49:38 AM
Oh, there are lots of fun tricks to running a forum.  :)

There really must be when no one actually uses your forum. These "bots" you mention are really just your imaginary friends, right?  ???

aldousburbank

Quote from: whoozit on April 28, 2017, 05:04:48 AM
So you think most people that post here are actually bots?  Why do you think so?  Disagreeing with you does not make one a bot.

I think I'm not a bot. Therefore I am.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 28, 2017, 08:01:50 AM
Then again the majority of my friends are in their 40s and 50s.

So I guess your friends are still using CD players, email, desktop computers and televisions.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 28, 2017, 08:47:36 AM
Primary narcissism with a persecution complex.  ;)

There's no need to talk about Trump.

RoseGirl

Oh my, the villagers frighten so easily in this movie.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvGnro4Cgw

... Edit: Sad day when people of opposing views can't still be friends or have good conversations.

Apparently that's every day

ponyboysunset

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 28, 2017, 10:25:37 AM
So I guess your friends are still using CD players, email, desktop computers and televisions.
Sir you left out laser disc players and beta (not that main stream VHS crap) recorders.  ;) Oh and CDs, no we roll with tapes or cassettes. LOL

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 28, 2017, 11:42:12 AM
Apparently that's every day

The ironic thing is it is mainly my liberal friends who did this 'our way or the highway' thing. I tend be moderate and am a registered libertarian.

I also don't think I am right about everything either. The older I get the more I realize I know nothing.  :D

Jackstar

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 28, 2017, 10:42:10 AM
the villagers frighten so easily

The wicked flee when none doth pursue.

Jackstar

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 28, 2017, 10:25:37 AM

Jackstar

They can really screw up [...] numbers look much bigger than they really are...you know [...] there are lots of fun tricks to running a forum.

:)

Are you even human? I think we should have dinner so we can confirm that for science.

WOTR

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 28, 2017, 09:22:40 AM
I think I'm not a bot. Therefore I am.
If you prick me, do I not short circuit?

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 28, 2017, 12:07:41 PM
Sir you left out laser disc players and beta (not that main stream VHS crap) recorders.  ;) Oh and CDs, no we roll with tapes or cassettes. LOL

The ironic thing is it is mainly my liberal friends who did this 'our way or the highway' thing. I tend be moderate and am a registered libertarian.

I also don't think I am right about everything either. The older I get the more I realize I know nothing.  :D
You should see the reel-to-reel setup in my Ford Maverick.

- Sent from a Sinclair ZX80

MV/Liberace!

One thing bellgab has taught me is the danger of losing free speech. People may say vile things here but at least they aren't censored. You start censoring views and its all over.

I wish everybody felt that way, but it's sad to acknowledge not everybody does.

BellGab's lack of policing has brought me voluminous amounts of grief with certain internet people over the last couple of years. It's probably number one on the list of things people piss and moan about. While some have continued using BellGab specifically because of its lack of moderation, the same has caused many others to storm off in a huff. You probably know who they are.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on April 28, 2017, 07:06:20 PM
You should see the reel-to-reel setup in my Ford Maverick.

- Sent from a Sinclair ZX80

I spit martini on my Commodore 64 laughing when I read that.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Σ> on April 28, 2017, 09:15:13 PM

BellGab's lack of policing has brought me voluminous amounts of grief with certain internet people over the last couple of years. It's probably number one on the list of things people piss and moan about. While some have continued using BellGab specifically because of its lack of moderation, the same has caused many others to storm off in a huff. You probably know who they are.
It hit me one night when I was reading views I didn't agree with and watched someone blow up the board trying to get them removed. That scared the shit out of me. It was one step away from the thought police. I understood it then.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Σ> on April 28, 2017, 09:15:13 PM

If this was directed at me, then why not just say it to me? I'm getting just a tad tired of these little 'lets pretend' games.

Oh and by the way...I don't buy the 'poor me, everyone asks too much of me' act. You could easily tell the more nasty trolls to stop scaring folks off. Unless that somehow....what...causes insult and injury to the founding fathers or something?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 28, 2017, 10:07:10 PM
If this was directed at me, then why not just say it to me? I'm getting just a tad tired of these little 'lets pretend' games.

Oh and by the way...I don't buy the 'poor me, everyone asks too much of me' act. You could easily tell the more nasty trolls to stop scaring folks off. Unless that somehow....what...causes insult and injury to the founding fathers or something?

Like I said, primary narcissism. Hopeless.  ::)

RoseGirl

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 28, 2017, 10:06:10 PM
It hit me one night when I was reading views I didn't agree with and watched someone blow up the board trying to get them removed. That scared the shit out of me. It was one step away from the thought police. I understood it then.

Fair enough....people are definitely allowed to have their opinions. I got no probs with that. But if several trolls are following you around the forum saying horrible things about you and to you...what then? You're okay with that? Just asking.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 28, 2017, 10:08:17 PM
Like I said, primary narcissism. Hopeless.  ::)

If you're hoping this will bother me, you'd better try a new trick. Because it doesn't.

RoseGirl

:::::::::::::::::crickets::::::::::::::::::

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 28, 2017, 10:12:27 PM
If you're hoping this will bother me, you'd better try a new trick. Because it doesn't.

Of course not. Why would others thoughts, feelings and opinions matter to a narcissist?! Only YOURS matter. Duh!  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 28, 2017, 10:09:08 PM
Fair enough....people are definitely allowed to have their opinions. I got no probs with that. But if several trolls are following you around the forum saying horrible things about you and to you...what then? You're okay with that? Just asking.

Maybe grow up and grow a spine. You are an adult now, right?

RoseGirl

:::::::::::::::::::more crickets::::::::::::::::::

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 28, 2017, 10:38:01 PM
:::::::::::::::::::more crickets::::::::::::::::::

3 members and 34 guests are watching you make an ass of yourself...AGAIN!  :D