• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

RELIGION Thread

Started by theONE, October 25, 2016, 03:51:49 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2016, 10:51:48 AM
If you substituted another stereotype, say Jew or Scot, there you would be criticized and even maybe be in violation of your "hate speech" laws (since free speech no longer exists there.) I find that odd. Is stereotyping of different types of Englishmen still legal under your system and only "others" are protected? (Assuming you published or made those comments on your home turf and not on a website in the USA about a radio-host that no longer hosts a show.) Though your comment and dig at YP was funny.

We used to tell a joke at school back in the days when the IRA were making a nuisance of themselves: "what do you do if an Irishman throws a pin at you? Run, because he has a grenade in his mouth". I wouldn't have any qualms about making jokes about the Scots, Welsh or Irish. They used to tell jokes that started "An Englishman, an Irishman and a Jew" but they ended up substituting the Scotsman for the Jew. Anyway, the biggest tellers of Jewish jokes are Jews themselves, like the one about the Yiddisher momma who was on the beach and noticed that her son was in difficulties and cried out, "help, help, my son, THE DOCTOR, is drowning!".

This is for all you true believers out there.  Here is your prophet, here is your messiah.  Well, he said he was a prophet, and he has long hair and a beard.  Here is what men are capable of when you believe, when you believe so hard... when you are weak-minded and dumber than a bag of fucking hammers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lee-kaplan-12-girls-found-living-in-pennsylvania-home-man-faces-sex-charges/

Daddy, why is there a different church on every street corner? 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2016, 10:51:48 AM
If you substituted another stereotype, say Jew or Scot, there you would be criticized and even maybe be in violation of your "hate speech" laws (since free speech no longer exists there.) I find that odd. Is stereotyping of different types of Englishmen still legal under your system and only "others" are protected? (Assuming you published or made those comments on your home turf and not on a website in the USA about a radio-host that no longer hosts a show.) Though your comment and dig at YP was funny.

Dig? I'll have you know we pride ourselves on our charm and getting out of paying for things unless absolutely neccessary.

analog kid

The poetic industrial complex is more dangerous than the military industrial complex, because only the former can convince a father that it's acceptable to kill his own child.

theONE

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 03, 2016, 11:02:49 AM
This is for all you true believers out there.  Here is your prophet, here is your messiah.  Well, he said he was a prophet, and he has long hair and a beard.  Here is what men are capable of when you believe, when you believe so hard... when you are weak-minded and dumber than a bag of fucking hammers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lee-kaplan-12-girls-found-living-in-pennsylvania-home-man-faces-sex-charges/

Daddy, why is there a different church on every street corner?

you know that you just made yourself look reallyREALLY silly with your outburst of anger.
you know that true believer in Jesus Christ would never do such things, o yes you do know that -but you just have this anger inside
and you are not guided by reason but by hate...

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 11:15:11 AM
you know that you just made yourself look reallyREALLY silly with your outburst of anger.
you know that true believer in Jesus Christ would never do such things, o yes you do know that -but you just have this anger inside
and you are not guided by reason but by hate...

Oh, well, would you like to reason with me?  Give me the reasons.  Are you not to be all things to all people?  I need reasons, give them to me.  Give them to me using something more than fairy tales.

Waiting.  Do you have anything more than "mysterious ways?"

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2016, 11:00:54 AM
We used to tell a joke at school back in the days when the IRA were making a nuisance of themselves: "what do you do if an Irishman throws a pin at you? Run, because he has a grenade in his mouth". I wouldn't have any qualms about making jokes about the Scots, Welsh or Irish. They used to tell jokes that started "An Englishman, an Irishman and a Jew" but they ended up substituting the Scotsman for the Jew. Anyway, the biggest tellers of Jewish jokes are Jews themselves, like the one about the Yiddisher momma who was on the beach and noticed that her son was in difficulties and cried out, "help, help, my son, THE DOCTOR, is drowning!".
Ha. True, same here. It is interesting how jokes change over time based on immigration patterns and societal changes. Though the ridiculous social police are wrong about banning books or editing old films because of changing thoughts and opinions.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 03, 2016, 11:04:43 AM
Dig? I'll have you know we pride ourselves on our charm and getting out of paying for things unless absolutely neccessary.
;D

theONE

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 03, 2016, 11:18:35 AM
Oh, well, would you like to reason with me?  Give me the reasons.  Are you not to be all things to all people?  I need reasons, give them to me.  Give them to me using something more than fairy tales.

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 03, 2016, 11:22:52 AM
Waiting.  Do you have anything more than "mysterious ways?"

you will be waiting very long time to get me to present reasons to you,...I let "life" I let the Spirit of God to present them to you.
Remember one thing the more vicious you will be the more vicious "life" might be to you presenting those reasons, till you soften
your desperation to be the worst that you can muster

If you need reason that means you are not ready yet....................................................................................

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2016, 11:24:30 AM
Ha. True, same here. It is interesting how jokes change over time based on immigration patterns and societal changes. Though the ridiculous social police are wrong about banning books or editing old films because of changing thoughts and opinions.

If you've ever seen the film 'The Dambusters', about Barnes Wallis and the bouncing bomb, you'd see an example of that where they had to change the name of the dog. Let's just say it was an opprobrious slang term for 'African American'. Or Agatha Christie's 'Ten Little Indians'. I have the original paperback and they weren't Indians back then, lemme tells ya! Actually, they probably wouldn't be able to use 'Indians' these days either. They would need to be something gender neutral of mixed ethnicity.

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 11:29:12 AM
you will be waiting very long time to get me to present reasons to you,...I let "life" I let the Spirit of God to present them to you.
Remember one thing the more vicious you will be the more vicious "life" might be to you presenting those reasons, till you soften
your desperation to be the worst that you can muster

If you need reason that means you are not ready yet....................................................................................

how very convenient for you...like a child holding a gift he doesn't really want to share.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2016, 11:30:38 AM
If you've ever seen the film 'The Dambusters', about Barnes Wallis and the bouncing bomb, you'd see an example of that where they had to change the name of the dog. Let's just say it was an opprobrious slang term for 'African American'. Or Agatha Christie's 'Ten Little Indians'. I have the original paperback and they weren't Indians back then, lemme tells ya! Actually, they probably wouldn't be able to use 'Indians' these days either. They would need to be something gender neutral of mixed ethnicity.
I was going to actually bring up those examples! But then demurred. There is an ongoing controversy, apparently, because the dog will be called "Digger" in the remake of "Dam Busters." I'm more outraged that they need to do a remake. Why Hollywood needs to remake a great movie I don't understand but that seems to be all they do these days. And the remakes are worse in almost all cases.

theONE

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 03, 2016, 11:33:17 AM
how very convenient for you...like a child holding a gift he doesn't really want to share.

read my posts here -I give my reasons in them- also listen to those two interviews with Jimmy Wayne
if that is not enough enough for you then you must or suffer in you ignorance or get on your knees /to humble your self/
and pray for help pray for guidance...nobody can give you 'reasons' to convince you...it comes from inside of you
nobody can do that for you except Spirit of God but first you must invite Him into your life

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 02:03:16 AM
Like to share with you very touching and beautiful story.
Please listen to this two 28 minutes interviews with Jimmy Wayne, and how life can turn around from very ugly to beautiful.
/there is a 30sec add at the beginning/

1. "Loving Kids in Foster Care" (Part 1 of 2)
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/media/daily-broadcast/loving-kids-in-foster-care-pt1#guest0

2. "Loving Kids in Foster Care" (Part 2 of 2)
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/media/daily-broadcast/loving-kids-in-foster-care-pt2

...if you can listen to it without being distracted by doing web surfing when listening you will get much better experience
getting into the story /I personally like to walk away from computer from monitor/ and listen doing nothing or cooking food

I hope you will get touched by this story... :)

albrecht

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 03, 2016, 11:33:17 AM
I doubt any opinions will be changed in "debates" about religion but with regard to your above statement I would frame it more like a parent allowing a child to make some mistakes or their own choices, some of which might be bad but an educational experience. One could imagine even predestination and free will sort of oddly being both correct: such as an adult seeing a kid going to touch a hot stove. He knows what is going to happen, the kid doesn't but still makes a move to touch the stove, then he learns a lesson. Metaphorically speaking, if the stove is that hot, don't let your child touch it.

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 11:41:19 AM
read my posts here -I give my reasons in them- also listen to those two interviews with Jimmy Wayne
if that is not enough enough for you then you must or suffer in you ignorance or get on your knees /to humble your self/
and pray for help pray for guidance...nobody can give you 'reasons' to convince you...it comes from inside of you
nobody can do that for you except Spirit of God but first you must invite Him into your life

I will listen.  What did you get out of Jimmy's story?

theONE

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2016, 11:46:27 AM
I doubt any opinions will be changed in "debates" about religion but with regard to your above statement I would frame it more like a parent allowing a child to make some mistakes or their own choices, some of which might be bad but an educational experience. One could imagine even predestination and free will sort of oddly being both correct: such as an adult seeing a kid going to touch a hot stove. He knows what is going to happen, the kid doesn't but still makes a move to touch the stove, then he learns a lesson. Metaphorically speaking, if the stove is that hot, don't let your child touch it.

Very good points.
I also like to refer to my posts at the beginning where I state that people are confusing religion with God.
I'm not talking in this thread about religion per say, I'm talking about God
God doesn't need religion to exist,...religion needs God to exist --that's my point here

theONE

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 03, 2016, 11:50:50 AM
I will listen.  What did you get out of Jimmy's story?

That everyone of us could be guided in very 'mysterious' ways to our salvation..to the point in our lives where we get loving helpful
help from total strangers and that there is a point /if we preserver in our quest/ when the evil..when the bad things in our life will fade away
but even if they don't fade away completely we will gain strength to face them and eventually to over come them.

Many times bad things don't go away when we pray=ask God for help, He allows them to still be part of our life /there are there to teach us, to test us/
but He will give us strength to deal with them to face them every day,(till they are not needed any more in our lives because they did their job).
Things are not as simple as... "why God if He is almighty can not end all the suffering in this World" -in my previous posts I share my opinion why is that.
If you care to read it it might help you to understand that at times confusing concept...  :)   

theONE

P.S.  ,,,you might like to go back to previous page and also listen/watch to couple of video clips of Jimmy Wayne singing
/don't worry it's not "boring" Christian singing...lol/

theONE

I've listen to Jimmy's story few times over and over -it's so touching and comforting-
every time I listen to it it got deeper in my heart in my soul

If you don't get a lump in your throat when listening to it -you are made of stone

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 11:51:09 AM
Very good points.
I also like to refer to my posts at the beginning where I state that people are confusing religion with God.
I'm not talking in this thread about religion per say, I'm talking about God
God doesn't need religion to exist,...religion needs God to exist --that's my point here

Ok, listened to part one..will go to part two momentarily.  I was reading albecht's post of the child and hot oven lesson.  As a loving father, I allow mys sons to make mistakes.  Sometimes they are punished with the loss of a privilege when they disobey.  Am I misunderstanding the concept of hellfire doctrine, the concept of a loving father if I am to believe that i would be a truly loving father as to hold my sons hand to a burning stove for all of eternity?  I can't seem to wrap my mind around such a concept.

Donald Noory

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 12:05:03 PM
That everyone of us could be guided in very 'mysterious' ways to our salvation..to the point in our lives where we get loving helpful
help from total strangers and that there is a point /if we preserver in our quest/ when the evil..when the bad things in our life will fade away
but even if they don't fade away completely we will gain strength to face them and eventually to over come them.

Many times bad things don't go away when we pray=ask God for help, He allows them to still be part of our life /there are there to teach us, to test us/
but He will give us strength to deal with them to face them every day,(till they are not needed any more in our lives because they did their job).
Things are not as simple as... "why God if He is almighty can not end all the suffering in this World" -in my previous posts I share my opinion why is that.
If you care to read it it might help you to understand that at times confusing concept...  :)

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 12:24:31 PM
I've listen to Jimmy's story few times over and over -it's so touching and comforting-
every time I listen to it it got deeper in my heart in my soul

If you don't get a lump in your throat when listening to it -you are made of stone

A nice story..thanks for sharing it.  Jimmy, a rare unicorn who made it out, is going out of his way to bring awareness to the plight of foster kids.  A good man and a powerful story. 

onan

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 12:05:03 PM
He allows them to still be part of our life /there are there to teach us, to test us/

I wonder what is being taught here. I hope she learns her lesson.

Quote from: onan on November 03, 2016, 01:07:25 PM

Now Onan, there might be a Christian hiding behind the vulture.  Will the cameraman intervene I wonder? 

albrecht

Quote from: onan on November 03, 2016, 01:07:25 PM
That you shouldn't have children you cannot take care of? That abortion and contraception should be legal? That Africa will always be screwed up no matter how much money you throw at it? That evil white people caused Africa to be screwed by colonialism, capitalism, racism, etc? That a Muslim hordes invading Africa should save, and enslave, her? That it is important to not have corrupt governments? That some Chinese mining firm should hire her to work in the mines? The "warming" caused by my truck wrecked the environment there? Who knows.....but it sucks.

onan

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 03, 2016, 01:12:32 PM
Now Onan, there might be a Christian hiding behind the vulture.  Will the cameraman intervene I wonder?

There was quite a bit of controversy over the photograph. The critics questioned why the photographer didn't save the child immediately by chasing the vulture away. the obvious answer was the picture needed to be taken to show starvation in an impoverished world with enough impact, to perhaps help more than just one child. After getting the picture, the photographer did chase the vulture away. The child's parents were some distance away getting food from a rescue plane.

The photographer committed suicide months after this picture was taken... YAY god.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2016, 01:18:06 PM
That you shouldn't have children you cannot take care of? That abortion and contraception should be legal? That Africa will always be screwed up no matter how much money you throw at it? That evil white people caused Africa to be screwed by colonialism, capitalism, racism, etc?

..and missionaries from Rome who forbade contraception. Not just for the Africans, but even in the 'civilised' world too..

That a Muslim hordes invading Africa should save, and enslave, her? That it is important to not have corrupt governments? That some Chinese mining firm should hire her to work in the mines? The "warming" caused by my truck wrecked the environment there? Who knows.....but it sucks.

And Trump will make it all great again..you just have to believe.