• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

Loui Zoot

Linda needs one of those Stephen Hawking voice machines, and Linda please throw your fucking prerecorded interviews away. Even in the 90's it was real work trying to listen to a whole segment of hers. Between the recorded bits and her voice. Back then I used to drink Bitburger 8 packs overnight while listening to the shows, not every night though.

I'll give her credit for some of her earlier work, 70's cattle mutilations and I forget the rest.

I just realized why I can't stand George and coast any more. Early 2007 I quit drinking, that's also when I realized how much of a hack George really was. It's not that I didn't have a clue, the booze usually straight spiced Captain Morgans, acted as a medicine, like the old west, and civil war surgery methods.

Now George could easily be replaced with one of those computer automated weather radios. Linda would be far better off having sex with the weather computer, than with Noory.

About Noory taking a dump in a litter box, he'd get Tommy to do it, and RCH would take it as proof that NASA is covering something up on the Moon, Mars, or which ever popular space body of the moment.

Did anyone here the show I think Ian did with the GIS (ghostpix.com EVPs) maybe a couple years ago, where he embarrassed the lady (Barbara?) investigator? He told the younger man and the older woman, he always thought they were romantically involved. She got upset, and said something to the effect, that he was like a son to her.

Quote from: Loui Zoot on June 18, 2009, 11:44:23 PM
Linda needs one of those Stephen Hawking voice machines, and Linda please throw your fucking prerecorded interviews away. Even in the 90's it was real work trying to listen to a whole segment of hers. Between the recorded bits and her voice. Back then I used to drink Bitburger 8 packs overnight while listening to the shows, not every night though.

I'll give her credit for some of her earlier work, 70's cattle mutilations and I forget the rest.

I just realized why I can't stand George and coast any more. Early 2007 I quit drinking, that's also when I realized how much of a hack George really was. It's not that I didn't have a clue, the booze usually straight spiced Captain Morgans, acted as a medicine, like the old west, and civil war surgery methods.

Now George could easily be replaced with one of those computer automated weather radios. Linda would be far better off having sex with the weather computer, than with Noory.

About Noory taking a dump in a litter box, he'd get Tommy to do it, and RCH would take it as proof that NASA is covering something up on the Moon, Mars, or which ever popular space body of the moment.

Did anyone here the show I think Ian did with the GIS (ghostpix.com EVPs) maybe a couple years ago, where he embarrassed the lady (Barbara?) investigator? He told the younger man and the older woman, he always thought they were romantically involved. She got upset, and said something to the effect, that he was like a son to her.

I laughed.  Way to go Loui.

agree very much re: ANNOYING FUCKING VOICE!!!!!! UGH!!!! i personally can not listen to her for long, the voice/delivery of her horse shit is indeed grating on the nerves for me.

post-script.  i realized that the annoyance factor (for me) comes at least partially from the wavering, sickly qualities of her voice.  sounds like she is on death's door with 18th stage HIV or some nefariously implanted hypothalamus carcinoma or pineal protuberance.  one foot in the grave and the other dangling off the edge of the deathbed, sounds like.

haloedorchid

I saw her in person (and Stanton Friedman) at a UFO conference in May and I have to say her voice is even worse in person. Also she looks like a cross between Diana von Furstenberg and a bootleg Sophia Loren. She was in a leopard-print mini-skirt and knee-high leather boots and a leather jacket with her hair all frizzed out. The local yokels were impressed, I'm sure.

KnyeGuy

I seem to remember that her voice wasn't so bad a few years ago, but then all of a sudden I too noticed that every single time she speaks it really DOES sound like she is about to burst into tears. It kind of threw me off the first time I noticed it because I wasn't fully paying attention and when I noticed the inflection of her voice I thought she was reporting some really dreadful or heartbreaking news (if you can call her brand of journalism 'news'). lol   
Ever since then I can hardly stand her quivering, on-the-verge-of-a-nervous-breakdown voice.

OMFG ... the predictions show before the last, some dude called in and told Art his prediction was that L-M-H and Noory would get married.

ART: Errrrr...mmmmmhh -- well ... okay, I'm writing it down ...

Then a couple weeks later L-M-H is on with George and George goes, in an ultra-creepy voice ...

GEORGE: You know, Linda, someone called into Art's predictions show last month and predicted that you and I would get married.

You would have thought L-M-H had just been raped by a dwarf clown.

LINDA: WHAAA--?! Noooooo!

Then George laughed it off like he hadn't just used the call to hit on her.

GEORGE: I know! That was my reaction, Linda is like my sister!

[awkward pause]

Then during last year's predictions show Art gave that prediction a "bonk."

ART: Well I haven't asked George but to the best of my knowledge this one is a bonk.

How sad it is I know this entire, B-rated soap opera.

Sophie

I remember that exchange as well.  He is suck a creep.  You just know she wanted to run screaming into the night.

Supernormal

I like the lady. However, she needs to ditch her Radio Shack Realistic tape recorder from 1978. I can do without the (dead) birds and the bees each week too.

George Voice: "What's the latest on red rain, Linda?"

danDNA

Quote from: haloedorchid on July 08, 2009, 09:47:21 PM
I saw her in person (and Stanton Friedman) at a UFO conference in May and I have to say her voice is even worse in person. Also she looks like a cross between Diana von Furstenberg and a bootleg Sophia Loren. She was in a leopard-print mini-skirt and knee-high leather boots and a leather jacket with her hair all frizzed out. The local yokels were impressed, I'm sure.

did you take any photo's? she sounds fairly classy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on July 22, 2009, 08:04:26 PM
GEORGE: I know! That was my reaction, Linda is like my sister!

[awkward pause]
no heterosexual, penis-owning man should ever utter these words about any woman... no matter what kind of haggish thing she is. 

he just shouldn't.

hal-9000a

She's ok but I can't stand it when she blames almost everything on global warming. I think snoory does have a crush on her. I thought there were a couple of times when snoory hit on her and she shot him down.

Not too long ago LMH did a segment on a UFO sighting at a nuclear military facility. The only witness that is talking is a guy who spent 6 years in the Air Force and only made it to E4. She posted parts of his service record on her site to give him legitimacy but all it really does is make him look like a flake. I was in the AF in the early 1980s (same time as this guest) and his service record screamed 'flake'. Not to personally disparage the guy but anyone who had been in the AF could tell this guy had serious issues. He mentioned at one point something about the AF claiming he had mental issues, and his record matched up perfectly with that interpretation.

I emailed her about it but never heard back. What really sucks is you want, or at least I want, to believe a lot of these stories, and then when you check on something you actually know something about it turns out to be BS. If LMH has never been in the service then you can't really expect her to spot what was going on. After all any big institution has it's own vernacular and culture, the military is no different. But she could run a guy like this record past someone at the local VFW or something. Instead of just taking him at face value.

MV/Liberace!

I'm like u. I want to believe some of these people, but every time I try, they proceed to kick me squarely in the nuts. Figuratively.

Chupacabra

She has some great stories, but speaks likes shes in a rush, I think shes Boring...

b_dubb

Quote from: Peenman Enterprises on August 24, 2010, 07:40:32 PMIf LMH has never been in the service then you can't really expect her to spot what was going on.

no but as she is a reporter i would think she would be savvy enough to find someone who KNEW the vernacular/jargon to consult for her before submitting a story for publication/broadcast

MV/Liberace!

her voice just grates on me.

her voice has never bothered me a fraction as much as noory's shitty music selection or asshole comments. i'd actually listen to earthfiles over noory...

only thing that bugs me is listening to taped interviews over a phone line for too long.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on September 06, 2010, 02:39:05 PM
only thing that bugs me is listening to taped interviews over a phone line for too long.
that always felt totally low-rent to me.  i was often surprised art allowed it.

Lena

this chick truly sucks!

first - you need to get over her raspy voice and crazy intonation. She speaks like part of her brains got treated with strong electric shocks.
secondly - it's all a complete advertising show for her crappy pay-website.
she usually says: go check my website for the picture... well yes I once did TRY to check it out, but you don't get to see anything of substance there unless you pay a subscription fee (which she fails to mention of course on radio).

I highly suspect she's inflating many of her stories - just to get more subscribers to her crappy website.
Probably many completely made up with some willing retarded guys she's interviewing to get more hits.

I cant stand this old hag. unfortunately C2CAM doesn't have it's own forum, so I need to turn my frustration on you guys here :)

toxicmop

This can stay in hosts cause she completely takes over the show when she's on. Sometimes even brings her own guests to interview.

George Drooly

She's horrible. I might concede that she does more research than 99% of the other guests and hosts (that is to say: she does any research at all, while they obviously do none) but her delivery is abominably dull and grating -- like quaaludes on a chalkboard. No radio presence at all -- clearly reciting a written script, BORING AS A PHONEBOOK.

Lena

Of course Linda is reading her whole text from sheets of paper, kinda reminds me of a schoolgirl reading to the class.
Then she plays some recorded "interview" with some goon that also sounds totally scripted.

I wonder why Coast even gives her the monthly spot to advertise her crappy paysite, does she pay for an hour of advertising, does she shag with Noory, or do they really believe this crap is good.

They should replace her with some MUFON guy or anybody else who's into the subject and not such a fraud.

punkinpie

She is beyond a shadow of a doubt the worst guest ever.  Those segments are dry, dull and boring.  I can't imagine that her appearances do anything for the ratings.  Doesn't radio live and die by ratings?

anagrammy

Last year a listener called in and suggested that Noory ought to hook up with Linda Moulton Howe.  His reaction was stammering (he blocked his autopilot radio performance by imagining himself sleeping with her)  and spitting out that she was like his sister.

Now that's a thought:  the smart girl from academia with facts and no conclusions + the dumb guy from Detroit with conclusions and no facts... it could work, neither one of them listens so they have that in common...hmmmm.

Nooryquery for Linda:  "You always have the facts, don't you Linda?"   

Anagrammy

Sunni

I can't stand Linda Moulton Howe - so boring - like she's reading from an essay paper and she's on SO MUCH it's pathetic!   She does have to be the worst guest ever to be on the show.

fabucat

I'm sorry but I dig LMH.  Aside from the goofy alien stories, which may or may not be true, Howe also presents real science stories about bed bugs, bee colony collapse disorder and other such things. 

News flash to all who hate Linda, everyone who comes on Coast is hawking stuff.  I like her stuff a lot! 

Lena

Linda was unfortunately again guest on 27. jan.

Apart from her awkward highly annoying intonation, what I hate most is that she "hijacks" current topics like animal deaths, but always refers to her paysite earthfiles for pictures and documents - which of course no listener ever gets to see unless he's* stupid enough to actually pay her. So she's basically WASTING precious airtime that could be given to other people who wont keep you from seeing any of their "evidence".

They really should replace her - or refund streamlink subscribers for her blatant advertising show.

QuoteCoast to Coast AM - Jan 27 2011 - Rendlesham, Animal Die-Offs, & Extreme Weather

Date: 01-27-11
Host: George Noory
Guests: Linda Moulton Howe

Investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe shared four updates. In her first report, she described returning to Rendlesham Forest with former USAF Airman John Burroughs and Sgt. James Penniston, on the 30th anniversary of their 1980 encounter with lights and a craft of unknown origin. The two believed they located the area in Rendlesham Forest where Penniston touched symbols on a black, glassy, triangular craft. He recalled seeing a binary code of zeros and ones when he touched the symbols. Further, when Penniston was in a hypnosis session, put under with sodium pentothal, he suggested that the visitors in the craft were time travelers from our future, who had come back to retrieve chromosomes to help sustain the children in their time period, she reported. More here.

In the wake of 26 separate instances of mysterious bird, fish, and animal die-offs in December 2010 and January 2011, Linda shared an update on the strangely killed seals off the coast of England and Scotland, which continue to take place in 2011. The seals have unexplained corkscrew slices running across their bodies. She interviewed marine biologist Neil Wellum who has been tracking the occurrences. According to the Sea Mammal Research Unit, the slicing may have been caused by a "ducted propeller system whereby the seals are being drawn through that and these propeller systems in some cases also have a knife cutter, which is designed to cut through rope if it gets around a propeller," he explained. View more.

A leaked EPA document blames Bayer's pesticide clothianidin in the honey bee die-offs, Linda announced in her third segment. She interviewed Tom Theoblad, the owner of a honey farm in Colorado. He received a call from an EPA whistleblower, who revealed that Bayer's registration approval for clothianidin is not based on sound science. Not only is the pesticide toxic to honey bees, but it may also be contaminating soil and groundwater, he warned. Theobald and his colleagues suggest people push for an EPA ban of clothianidin. EPA contact info is posted at the end of Linda's full report.

The extreme weather seen this winter may caused by a rare combination of La Nina in the Pacific and the formation of a North Atlantic oscillation, Linda detailed in her last report. She also interviewed two people about reported changes in the Earth's north magnetic field. Tampa International Airport spokeswoman Brenda Geoghagan described repainting compass markings on their runways to reflect the change in location of the magnetic north pole which is moving closer to Siberia. Dr. Stefan Maus of the University of Colorado, suggested it was a natural "westward drift," and that compasses closer to the North Pole would be far more affected by such changes. It will take around 1,000 years from now for there to be a pole reversal, he added.

she even turned the Rendlescam Forest incident into a ridiculous "time travelers from the future need our genetic material" story.

*to spare some guys the work I highlighted the male persona myself this time. We use for an unknown person, weather male or not, dont know if thats correct in english grammar.

anagrammy

I am pleased to see people objecting to the self-promotion.  I find it particularly offensive that Linda, for all her use of Coast in her incestuous marketing loop, refers people to her website Earthfiles.com every other word, when she could very easily upload the pertinent photos to the Coast website for her presentation LIKE EVERY OTHER GUEST DOES! 

Why does she get questions fed to her which she can answer by providing a plug?  Just like the poster above mentioned, a Linda Moulton Howe segment does not require a host.  And since theirs is on the golly-gee level, it's a perfect solution. 

I love some solid research (which doesn't include her opinions on the state of mind of people she has hauled off to Rendelsham Forest for a saucer recreation fest), but doesn't it annoy you that she uses complete sentences over and over, so that the conversation actually bogs down?  What's with that--has Anderson Cooper been taking sound bites and using them for his show?  Has CNN been misquoting her?

GET READY FOR CONVERSATIONS WITH LINDA (where callers will ask, in complete sentences, questions very similar to the ones George read from the card that Linda provided and Linda will reply in complete sentences.)

There's also been a switch with LMH's approach.  Instead of the reporting, fact-gathering, interviewing and corroborating reported incidents of high strangeness, she is now creating them.  In her latest attempt at generating material, she hauled those Rendelsham witnesses back to the forest for what?  So they could recreate their saucer experience ala civil war re-enactment style.  Then she reports on the "result." 

No credible scientist would have stooped to that.  This is not the "verified reportial" contribution George said Linda makes.  Next thing she'll be jumping on the cruise bandwagon and announce the opportunity to be trapped with her aboard the Carnival for a week.  And she will be bringing slides of cattle carcasses, crop circle sketches and maps showing body locations for seal mutilations.  Party on!

Anagrammy

analog kid

This interview with her was the final nail in the coffin. She's self-centered, self-promoting, and a bit loopy. As an aside, she talks about her meeting with the military, where she was shown a document about the alien/Jesus connection (groan). This meeting is explained by an ex-military guy who was there, feeding her disinformation, on a coast show (Feb 27 '05). Apparently, she didn't hear about that interview, because she still believes the document was real. Or maybe she knows about the problems with the story, but continues with her ridiculous slant unabated, like she's done with the Rendelsham case.

punkinpie

Does anyone know when LMH began appearing on C2C?  I don't remember her from the Art Bell days.  Is she George's discovery?