• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Element 115 on April 30, 2018, 10:03:38 PM
hahaha takes, or tracks?

if there had been multiple takes, it would have made the whole thing too serious for comfort.

heater

I played this hot track right after my Bell Philes Art interview replay. It’s gonna be a hit. I’ve already been given the cd, so stop trying to play it you vultures!

Element 115

Quote from: mv on April 30, 2018, 10:05:52 PM
if there had been multiple takes, it would have made the whole thing too serious for comfort.

True, I hear a lot of tracks but you needed them for the harmonies and the creepy oooohs which were awesome.

albrecht

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 30, 2018, 08:36:56 PM
My favorite pairing is the George Macy three volume edition of Gibbon's Decline and Fall, interleaved with Italian veduta virtuosically scribed by Piranesi.

The anatomists (though, beware, the subjects depicted are perforce "gory") became surpassingly magnificent ink illusionists, too.  Jan van Rymsdyk among the more famous.

The last renaissance of the engraver's medium took place, I'm convinced, in the Gilded Age ramp up to photography.  These artists mostly go uncredited (though they sometimes served as "translators" for painters like Gustave Doré) and turned out wonders routinely.
That should have been something on the Art Bell webpage (with slow downloading at the old modem speeds) introducing some guests about little people, gnomes, elves, nisse, brownies, etc!

Quote from: mv on April 30, 2018, 10:05:52 PM

Did your wife or children happen to witness you singing like a girl?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Element 115 on April 30, 2018, 10:07:02 PM
True, I hear a lot of tracks but you needed them for the harmonies and the creepy oooohs which were awesome.

i still use sawplus32 for all of my audio editing.  it's old as fuck but it gets the job done.  i engineered half of the vocal recordings on saga's last album (sagacity) and nobody knew i used 20+ year old software to do it.  the downside with sawplus32 is, you sometimes have to use multiple tracks to pull off things that can be handled entirely within one track in modern audio editing suites.

Sean92008

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 30, 2018, 10:05:53 PM
I get around.

I found a solid bassist groupie following in my years of playing.  While never a musical slut, I qualified for the title in another way

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 30, 2018, 10:10:03 PM
Did your wife or children happen to witness you singing like a girl?

Believe me, I'm conscious of my wife's sensibilities in this way.  I did the right thing and drove to my office where I could be alone and get it done.  I've put my wife through enough with my karaoke performances of Philadelphia Freedom.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: mv on April 30, 2018, 10:10:57 PM
i still use sawplus32 for all of my audio editing.  it's old as fuck but it gets the job done.  i engineered half of the vocal recordings on saga's last album (sagacity) and nobody knew i used 20+ year old software to do it.  the downside with sawplus32 is, you sometimes have to use multiple tracks to pull off things that can be handled entirely within one track in modern audio editing suites.

I have never heard of Saga but now i am listening to them and i like it. What's the most famous band you have worked with?

Tricky-D

So Art has two sisters...what if HW is the daughter of one of his sisters? Uncle Art?

albrecht

The Canadian band or the nice Swedish nationalist singer? Or both? Or something else?
Ok, looked it up, the former. Cool stuff though I was going to thank you for the nice mixing on that Skrewdriver cover. Kidding, of course.

SciFiAuthor

I just shot diet coke out of my nose when I clicked on Midnight in the Cuckshed. Fucking brilliant. Rousing even.

Taco Bell

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 30, 2018, 10:16:35 PM
So Art has two sisters...what if HW is the daughter of one of his sisters? Uncle Art?

The one sister lived in Berkeley...

Can we close out every Gabcast with emm vee's Midnight in the Cuckshed?

Element 115

You need Adobe Audition, yeah you can use the same track for various takes.  Oh so once you stop recording on a track, that's it?  I've never used sawplus32 but do you remember the old Acid Pro?  That was my first music recording software I tried.  I love Adobe Audition.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: mv on April 30, 2018, 09:32:26 PM

For your listening pleasure:

Where is the link? Nothing is showing up for me.

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 30, 2018, 10:17:57 PM
I just shot diet coke out of my nose...

Really?  Diet Coke.  C'mon man.  ;D

Element 115

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 30, 2018, 10:20:11 PM
Can we close out every Gabcast with emm vee's Midnight in the Cuckshed?

He definitely need to do that hahaha

Asuka Langley

When i searched Saga they show a picture of a dindu

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 30, 2018, 10:16:01 PM
I have never heard of Saga but now i am listening to them and i like it. What's the most famous band you have worked with?

Saga is it.  I haven't worked with anyone else you'd know or probably even care to know.

Bluejay

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 30, 2018, 10:04:22 PM
Interesting how Art can read copy and make it sound conversational.
Indeed!

Element 115

Quote from: mv on April 30, 2018, 10:14:31 PM
Believe me, I'm conscious of my wife's sensibilities in this way.  I did the right thing and drove to my office where I could be alone and get it done.  I've put my wife through enough with my karaoke performances of Philadelphia Freedom.

When I first read the lyrics, I thought they wouldn't quite fit.  You altered them to fit, nice.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 30, 2018, 10:17:57 PM
I just shot diet coke out of my nose when I clicked on Midnight in the Cuckshed. Fucking brilliant. Rousing even.

heh heh

Asuka Langley

Quote from: mv on April 30, 2018, 10:21:45 PM
Saga is it.  I haven't worked with anyone else you'd know or probably even care to know.

lol... i listen to prog rock and i listen to a lot of unknown bands i want to hear more of your work