• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 29, 2018, 02:52:42 PM
just a short form dramatic emphasis that the number 400 carries over the more mathematically accurate 350 years (1607-20 colonial period).

So now you've moved on to an interpretation that the "United States of America" is the same country that it was in 1607, and he's telling these kids to... what? Rebel against The Crown?

Just give up. You're terrible at this.

pyewacket

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 29, 2018, 02:47:36 PM
Or is it simply the ubiquity, concentration, and more importantly the velocity of it?

Yes, I knew things were changing, but I never thought in my lifetime, to see it happen to this degree. I can only hope to live to see the 'rubber band snap back' effect that is long overdue.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on December 29, 2018, 02:55:49 PM
So now you've moved on to an interpretation that the "United States of America" is the same country that it was in 1607, and he's telling these kids to... what? Rebel against The Crown?

Did I even say that? I'm doing my best to guess how Webb's soliloquy finale might have been designed. As neither of us were there to see the script approved nor crafted it remains open to interpretation. He may have ball-parked a number or he may have been embedding meaning those "kids" would never have the wit to catch. We just can not know.

QuoteJust give up. You're terrible at this.

Did you think merely invoking Tartaria was going to be sufficient? :o

Metron2267

Quote from: pyewacket on December 29, 2018, 02:56:40 PM
Yes, I knew things were changing, but I never thought in my lifetime, to see it happen to this degree. I can only hope to live to see the 'rubber band snap back' effect that is long overdue.
I never imagined it would end up where it is now either. But your ardor for the inevitable pendular snap back may be quelled by the sheer savagery and collateral damage of it. This species has NOT evolved past our innate barbarism, we've simply euphamised it. :(

pyewacket

Ha, good point, Jacks.

I guess my overall point on the subject is comparing the quality of life on this landmass which is now the USA, between the 1550s and the 1950s (that would cover the 400 years mentioned). Is this a better place to live now or 400 years ago? That is the contextual inference I took away from the speech.

Not that I would be adverse to checking out Metron's great...great grandpa's cave paintings.

Jackstar

Quote from: pyewacket on December 29, 2018, 03:27:32 PM
I guess my overall point on the subject is comparing the quality of life on this landmass which is now the USA, between the 1550s and the 1950s (that would cover the 400 years mentioned). Is this a better place to live now or 400 years ago? That is the contextual inference I took away from the speech.

I don't disagree, yet the context of Webb's speech is that "(this) country has worked for 400 years," and in reality, over that time, there were several notable instances over that period of time, of this country not only not working, but not even existing.

My actual thought is that this was an instance of predictive programming--at some point, the They were planning to kill all the adults, fully re-write the history books, and tell all the new youth that the Constitution was two hundred years older than it actually was. Sounds like lunacy--it is--but recall that this was in the days when an actual coup against the Presidency had actually succeeded.

I find it hard to accept that it was a slip of the tongue, or an oversight on the part of the director, and the cinematographer, and the editor. Note how sagely Colonel Potter nods his head when Webb says "55,000 dead on the highways, more than in Vietnam"--when actually several million people died there. But I guess Webb wasn't told to think or say that the enemy bodies counted for as much.

I'm not gonna find any evidence to support this idea on my own, so it's hardly something I'm fully behind. However, note that this hypothesis fits all the known facts quite nicely.

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 29, 2018, 03:12:58 PM
We just can not know.

Bullshit.

Metron2267

Quote from: pyewacket on December 29, 2018, 03:27:32 PM
Ha, good point, Jacks.

Not that I would be adverse to checking out Metron's great...great grandpa's cave paintings.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on December 29, 2018, 03:38:51 PM

I find it hard to accept that it was a slip of the tongue, or an oversight on the part of the director, and the cinematographer, and the editor. Note how sagely Colonel Potter nods his head when Webb says "55,000 dead on the highways, more than in Vietnam"--when actually several million people died there. But I guess Webb wasn't told to think or say that the enemy bodies counted for as much.

So you're dispossessing his narrative to his "handlers" ? Webb wasn't known for being a pawn, in fact he owned the production company and took the lead in producing and scripting Dragnet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Webb
In announcing his vision of Dragnet, Webb said he intended to perform a service for the police by showing them as low-key working-class heroes. Dragnet moved away from earlier portrayals of the police in shows such as Jeff Regan and Pat Novak, which had often shown them as brutal and even corrupt.

QuoteI'm not gonna find any evidence to support this idea on my own, so it's hardly something I'm fully behind. However, note that this hypothesis fits all the known facts quite nicely.

As opposed to noting that "real" body counts weren't widely disseminated in that era.

Bullshit.
[/quote]

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 29, 2018, 02:22:53 PM
Hang on a minute, colonists, that would be an earliest date of 1607-1620...so this would have to be an episode of Dragnet from 2007...not 1967...???

I think Jack stirred the old pot again, and that's no bad thing at all! :D

I deal with just the facts, ma'am. For instance, "Dragnet", the movie, subtly references Bohemian Grove.

Metron2267

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 29, 2018, 07:12:11 PM
I deal with just the facts, ma'am. For instance, "Dragnet", the movie, subtly references Bohemian Grove.

Long time since I saw that, I shall have to revisit it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpIBeyG8ATc

Metron2267

https://illuminatimovies.net/eyes-wide-shut/
Elite scions of the Rothschild banking dynasty have been known to party Eyes Wide Shut-style in a 1972 masked party hosted by Baron Guy and Baroness Marie-Hélène de Rothschild at their Château de Ferrières. Of course, when surrealist Salvador Dali, fait la fête, anything goes.
nterestingly, Eyes Wide Shut’s ritual scenes were shot at Mentmore Towers, another Rothschild property built for Baron Mayer de Rothschild to house his extensive art collection.

Jackstar

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 29, 2018, 07:12:11 PM
"Dragnet", the movie, subtly references Bohemian Grove.

Here's a subtle one for you…

QuoteWITCH HUNT

HUTCH TWIN

Remember Starsky and Hutch?

David Soul was Hutch, right?

He was born David Solberg. Here is the father's obit…

His twin brother is John Solberg who is a photographer and worked for Kodak in Rochester for many years. Now if you want to build spy satellites and need special film and cameras for space, who you gonna call?

Kodak

http://www.imagecityphotographygallery.com/members/Solberg/index.htm

So what else do we know about John?

Is it possible, that during the Starsky and Hutch heyday, they travelled to foreign countries, and the twin brother (who was the technical guy) snuck in on David's documents?

Where did they go to?

What kind of things might have been photographed?

I always wanted a twin brother. Just imagine, Kids.

Gd5150

pyewacket

Please, for the love of god, tell me that was a parody. How could a grown person who lived through winter conditions that required snow removal, not understand the need for safety orange markers? She failed to note that these were planted in concrete planter/islands so that the driver would not damage his plow blade?

Is she going to go after surveyors who also use similar markers in their work next?

I am hoping this is a joke video.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 01, 2019, 03:04:34 PM

Mitt Romney says that he is going to provide an alternative to Trump Republicanism...
Will that man ever learn?

WeinerInHand

Pencils are racist and offensive to Asians.
- Notice the no. 2. It will always be second because of its color.
- The Yellow pencil is manipulated in the hands of a (most likely) white oppressor to create something, just like they did with the railroads in this country.
- They eraser is used to remove "nasty" and "unwanted" pencil marks from the pristine history of the white (oppressive) paper.