• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

aldousburbank

Yeah, was reading this list of Biden-isms (abridged to be sure) in the DailyMail and just couldn't put it in the Politics stall because I laughed so much reading it.

In a speech this year, Biden told a gathering of African leaders that Africa was a country, not a continent.

It brought back memories of a 2008 photo-op outside Biden's home where he told journalists that he had just returned from 'a successful dump,' which turned out to be a trip to a nearby landfill.

In 2010 he had a diplomatic face-palm moment by consoling Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen on the loss of his mother â€" who was very much alive.

In 2012 he made the sign of the cross while on stage to address a group of more than 1,600 Jewish rabbis.

Reporters guffawed later that year when he tried to capture the spirit of President Theodore Roosevelt's famous 'Speak softly' philosophy, by noting that 'the president has a big stick. I promise you.'

During a campaign speech during his first vice presidential run, he criticized then-GOP candidate Sen. John McCain for what he called a 'last-minute economic plan' that did 'nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class.'

'It happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs.'

eddie dean

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 09, 2014, 12:54:04 PM
My first grandson, born this morning.  :)

[attachimg=1]

Belated Congrats ab! :)

(I didn't see this until today. )

b_dubb

Biden is a Left Wing version of Dan Quayle

aldousburbank

Quote from: eddie dean on November 14, 2014, 10:14:15 PM
Belated Congrats ab! :)

(I didn't see this until today. )
Thanks Mr. Eddie. (And all)
He was born right there near you with the Superstition Mountains in sight, and where I shall also be visiting soon. A cute little creature.

pyewacket

West- nice post! I find joy in my family, our pets, our home, spending time with true friends, gardening, creating something from clay or re purposed old sweaters (they make warm beautiful quilts), cooking, baking and decorating cakes for the people I love, watching movies with my wise cracking hubby, good books, an evening fire on the patio and fire pit I built.

Thank you for starting this thread, West- it's good for the soul to remind ourselves to be grateful for all that we have.  :)

Quote from: pyewacket on November 14, 2014, 11:21:28 PM
West- nice post! I find joy in my family, our pets, our home, spending time with true friends, gardening, creating something from clay or re purposed old sweaters (they make warm beautiful quilts), cooking, baking and decorating cakes for the people I love, watching movies with my wise cracking hubby, good books, an evening fire on the patio and fire pit I built.

Thank you for starting this thread, West- it's good for the soul to remind ourselves to be grateful for all that we have.  :)

That's a lot of joy, pyewacket, and you folks sound like the ideal next door neighbors!  Happy pancake! :D

pyewacket

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 15, 2014, 01:16:32 AM
That's a lot of joy, pyewacket, and you folks sound like the ideal next door neighbors!  Happy pancake! :D

Happy pancake to you too, RGG! That's another thing- we have great neighbors on both sides and a large plot of land that keeps the PIAs at a distance LOL.  :D 

pyewacket

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 15, 2014, 01:16:32 AM

Robert- you'd be a welcome addition to the neighborhood- a Bellgabber would be fun!  :D

Quote from: pyewacket on November 15, 2014, 09:27:14 AM
Robert- you'd be a welcome addition to the neighborhood- a Bellgabber would be fun!  :D

Cheers, pyewacket!  It sounds like a great neighborhood!  Although if too many Bellgabbers move there, the property values might start dropping.  :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 15, 2014, 01:09:27 PM
Cheers, pyewacket!  It sounds like a great neighborhood!  Although if too many Bellgabbers move there, the property values might start dropping.  :D

...and if I move in there, the values will really go down the pan. Although I'll try to be house trained. I'm nearly there.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 15, 2014, 01:14:52 PM

...and if I move in there, the values will really go down the pan. Although I'll try to be house trained. I'm nearly there.

Just remember to close your bathrobe when you go out to get the mail, and no mowing the lawn in your speedo.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 15, 2014, 01:18:58 PM
Just remember to close your bathrobe when you go out to get the mail, and no mowing the lawn in your speedo.

I live for speedo mowing. Although wearing flip flops was a bad move last time. Fortunately I can live without the transplanted thumbs. I wish you were civilised and had letter boxes in the door like normal people do, instead of a bread bin on a stick.

pyewacket

It sounds like there'd never be a dull moment with you two around! You're not alone on the speedo kick- one of the neighbors up the road would put up his Christmas lights while wearing some bike shorts that left little to the imagination.  :o That was the official start of the holiday season in these parts for years.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on November 15, 2014, 01:40:26 PM
It sounds like there'd never be a dull moment with you two around! You're not alone on the speedo kick- one of the neighbors up the road would put up his Christmas lights while wearing some bike shorts that left little to the imagination.  :o That was the official start of the holiday season in these parts for years.  ;D

I secretly can't stand RGG, I understand it's mutual. But we both carry on this charade of real human love for the benefit of each other's public. I look better than he does in speedos---you get my meaning? Which surprises me he brought the subject up.

Quote from: pyewacket on November 15, 2014, 01:40:26 PM

I have a friend who had a neighbor for many years who was a devoted practitioner of speedo mowing, and from all accounts it was not a pretty sight.  It also sounds like he did it on purpose just to outrage and annoy his neighbors, and was quite successful at it.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 15, 2014, 01:50:22 PM
I secretly can't stand RGG, I understand it's mutual. But we both carry on this charade of real human love for the benefit of each other's public. I look better than he does in speedos---you get my meaning? Which surprises me he brought the subject up.

Yeah, well Happy Pancake to you, too.  Bitch.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 15, 2014, 01:58:16 PM
Yeah, well Happy Pancake to you, too.  Bitch.

Hey ratbag; I like my pancakes with lemon and sugar...get it right.  :-*

Quote from: pyewacket on November 15, 2014, 02:22:57 PM
Looks like we'll have to send you both to the Argument Clinic!

;D

Actually, I can't ever stay mad at him for very long, because we've had so much fun over the years.  I still smile every time I see this old picture of us hunting tramps at Buggerall, his uncle's ancestral estate in Treacleshire.

[attachimg=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 15, 2014, 02:28:48 PM
;D

Actually, I can't ever stay mad at him for very long, because we've had so much fun over the years.  I still smile every time I see this old picture of us hunting tramps at Buggerall, his uncle's ancestral estate in Treacleshire.

[attachimg=1]

Oh bloody hell  I wet myself.  ;D ;D ;D  Like I did at Uncle Sharon's hunting lodge when he flounced in, wearing that corset and stilettos.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 15, 2014, 02:33:58 PM

Oh bloody hell  I wet myself.  ;D ;D ;D  Like I did at Uncle Sharon's hunting lodge when he flounced in, wearing that corset and stilettos.

That was a shock, but I imagine he cut quite the striking figure when he sported the same ensemble at Dunkirk.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 15, 2014, 03:48:36 PM
That was a shock, but I imagine he cut quite the striking figure when he sported the same ensemble at Dunkirk.

Too soon?

paladin1991

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 15, 2014, 02:28:48 PM
;D

[attachimg=1]
Ah, that old Gay quarterly, Sophisticated Acquaintance, yes, had the posting in the back for anonymous meatups .

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 14, 2014, 10:24:19 PM
Thanks Mr. Eddie. (And all)
He was born right there near you with the Superstition Mountains in sight, and where I shall also be visiting soon. A cute little creature.

congrats, indeed.  you'd be a really cool to have as a grandfather.

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 19, 2014, 11:48:10 AM
Ah, that old Gay quarterly, Sophisticated Acquaintance, yes, had the posting in the back for anonymous meatups .

Of course, back then it really wasn't gay.  It was a totally masculine way for rugged, self-assured men to relieve tension and express their mutual admiration and respect.  It was only gay if somebody lisped.  Or if there was penetration.

It was also common at the time for women to get together to enjoy the pleasure of each other's company and indulge in innocent, intimate explorations of their femininity, especially when their men were off engaging in hearty male bonding while hunting or camping.

[attachimg=1]

aldousburbank

Quote from: MV on November 19, 2014, 12:33:42 PM

congrats, indeed.  you'd be a really cool to have as a grandfather.

Shyeah, don't worry if your childrenz, at some point, think you're a pain; your grandkidz always think you're all that.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 19, 2014, 07:25:11 PM
Shyeah, don't worry if your childrenz, at some point, think you're a pain; your grandkidz always think you're all that.

I think my kids are a pain. Here's hoping the grand kids turn out better. :P ;)

You get back at your kids by spoiling your grandchildren.