Feel like I lost a friend. 
      RIP ART.
Godspeed, buddy.

The General

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 14, 2018, 09:33:10 AM
Son of a bitch.

RIP Art

I need a reefer

I feel glad that I listened to all four hours of every single episode of his last two runs, live during the actual broadcast. Been listening to art since 94-95 ish, originally on hot talk KSFO AM.

What a ride.

Wish I could buy you all a beer and we could talk about Art and the show.

Needle woman

Quote from: The General on April 14, 2018, 10:06:36 AM

Wouldn’t that be great for all of us!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 14, 2018, 09:23:23 AM
It's nice to see long lost posters checking in.

Yes it is..and thank you all for doing so.
Please ignore the riffraff and share your special memories. We all have them!

Gabcast MV! Invite all the past co-hosts to participate. Heather and Noory too.. You can do it boy, you're the only one that can do it.

We need you MV..

Praise MV

someguy

Quote from: The General on April 14, 2018, 10:06:36 AM

we're all so different and art bell brought us all together

ItsTelly

Is there a good dive bar in Pahrump?  Seems like the most appropriate venue- although Vegas is close enough that it still counts...

Telly

aldousburbank

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 14, 2018, 10:11:52 AM

Is there a good dive bar in Pahrump?  Seems like the most appropriate venue- although Vegas is close enough that it still counts...

Telly

I enjoy whetting my whistle at Shari's Ranch.

Lunger

So....

Did Art go to the light or not?

dan7800

We all lost a part of the past today. We all have our memories of Art, and the magical ~8-10 year run where we all lost a lot of sleep.  Our memories were largely kept alive (to varying perspectives) through Heather and the hope that one day, he'd do a guest host or two on the show. We were always hoping to hear his voice after the chase. On long flights I still listen to Art's old shows, and frequently still fall asleep to U7 radio.

No more bashing about Windows 95/98. No more talking about time travel. No more glueing your lips together.

RIP Art. We all enjoyed the ride.

ItsOver

You'd think even the clods at https://www.coasttocoastam.com/ would have a tribute for Bell on the website somewhere by now.  Nothing I can find but this, of course, is up front.  ::)

ItsOver

And this is all that's up about last night's C2C show.  Nothing about Art Bell mentioned.

DATE
Friday - April 13, 2018
HOST
George Noory
GUESTS
Charles Reichblum,    Open Lines

Charles Reichblum, nicknamed "Dr. Knowledge," has built one of the largest collections in the world of fascinating facts and stories that serve as a source for his Knowledge in a Nutshell book series. In the first half, he will discuss Friday the 13th and many other superstitions which are widely believed and their origins. Open Lines will be featured in the second half.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2018/04/13

Great job, turkeys.  ::)

ACE of CLUBS

"From the high desert and the great American southwest ........... "

And away we would go, a journey into the darkness ....

SergeantMajor

Quote from: ItsOver on April 14, 2018, 10:27:19 AM
You'd think even the clods at https://www.coasttocoastam.com/ would have a tribute for Bell on the website somewhere by now.  Nothing I can find but this, of course, is up front.  ::)

You would also think the Fwads at Midnight In the Desert would do the same.

Jackstar

... Disappointed.

Drudge has a nice picture of him with the news. He drove a lot of traffic to them back in the day. Glad they did that.

ItsOver

Quote from: SergeantMajor on April 14, 2018, 10:32:44 AM
You would also think the Fwads at Midnight In the Desert would do the same.
Yeah, I noticed that, too, although they're a small operation and emotionally closer to the situation, so I'm sure there's still shock and disorientation.  Even an iconic photo of Art with some appropriate verbage up front on the sites would be nice.

Quote from: Morgus on April 14, 2018, 01:27:53 AM
Here is Noory's tribute song he wrote for Art Bell.

Nothing was funny last night but that song. It was so terrible, It was funny. George actually did something right even though it wa inadvertent.

Quote from: ItsOver on April 14, 2018, 10:37:43 AM
Yeah, I noticed that, too, although they're a small operation and emotionally closer to the situation, so I'm sure there's still shock and disorientation.  Even an iconic photo of Art with some appropriate verbage up front on the sites would be nice.

Yeah, Keith is a jerk but he was friends with him for 30 years or whatever.

I give Heather slack for not being able to work and Keith as well.

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 14, 2018, 10:37:32 AM
Drudge has a nice picture of him with the news. He drove a lot of traffic to them back in the day. Glad they did that.
That must have just recently happened.  I've been checking to see if Drudge was going to have something.  That's good to see.

11angeleyes11

Art left us on Friday the 13th, and I can think of no other day that he would choose.  Linda Moulton Howe should be made a part of  any memorial shows that Coast has.  Art introduced me to this genre, and I will always have a fondness for that.  Condolences to his family.

They replayed the A51 pilot call in C2C good call.

Juan

They’re playing reincarnation shows on U7

Kelt

R.I.P to the great man.

Frustrating and tetchy, but the most interesting thing on the airwaves since David Edward Hughes.

Now what?

ZomZom

RIP Art. You left too soon again.