• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is there enough material left for Coast to continue??

Started by Insanity, January 07, 2013, 12:57:28 AM

Insanity

Sitting here listening to the stream, and All I can think about is that the shows now, talk about pretty much the same stuff when it comes to UFO's, Ghosts, Bigfoot, UFO piloting Bigfoot's who are multidimentional alien's pet's,Hoaxland, crystal nutjobs, crappy" remote viewers" who were found to be total frauds in the 90's, Blah Blah blah.

Do you think there is enough new Stuff left to be talked about, that coast will be around in 10 years?( lets sayby some devine intervention, we get a new host, just as good as art was, so that  isnt the problem any more).

There has got to be some interesting UFO storys from recent days, New creepy Ghost storys, some new nutjob with a interesting story. Or are all the Mad Man Markums of the world locked in psych wards/prisons and don't have access to a phone.

Quote from: Insanity on January 07, 2013, 12:57:28 AM
Sitting here listening to the stream, and All I can think about is that the shows now, talk about pretty much the same stuff when it comes to UFO's, Ghosts, Bigfoot, UFO piloting Bigfoot's who are multidimentional alien's pet's,Hoaxland, crystal nutjobs, crappy" remote viewers" who were found to be total frauds in the 90's, Blah Blah blah.

Do you think there is enough new Stuff left to be talked about, that coast will be around in 10 years?( lets sayby some devine intervention, we get a new host, just as good as art was, so that  isnt the problem any more).

There has got to be some interesting UFO storys from recent days, New creepy Ghost storys, some new nutjob with a interesting story. Or are all the Mad Man Markums of the world locked in psych wards/prisons and don't have access to a phone.

Art's show was about more than just the paranormal, so yes, there are new interesting things coming out every day, although one would never know that listening to George Noory

popple

Is this why Jorch is targeting kids? They're too young to know this is the same topics from years ago.

OldTimeRadio

It's a good question and one I used to think about, especially when I'd regularly be dipping into Snoory.  Thing is, IMO, it's not really about the topics so much as how they're presented.  Because you can run the schpooky shtick and put the paranormal shine on almost any topic.  At least the way I see it.

Snoory just sucks so fucking bad.

I mean...I could listen to someone like Art talk about and take calls on tits for the next ten years.  Maybe not the same pair.  Then again, sometimes you think you know what those tig oles are all about and unexpectly find a wintermint lifesaver under the left one.

How long was that there?  Did someone plant it?

Right there you've got my interest:  That's a titty flavored lifesaver.  I would listen to two hours of call-in on that shit.

Snoory could kill any topic.  Hoagland and that entire fucking incest crew just make it worse.  All the regular crew that saps the life out of the show.  I'm experimenting with Clyde Lewis, listening to Ground Zero but I'm not sure how it's going to pan out.

But all you really need is a generally knowledgeable host who is actually enthusiastic about the topic.  A good host can make an extra pat of butter on his toast seem intriguing.

Eddie Coyle

The Rapture cold occur, the Cubs could win the World Series, The Beatles could reunite with John and George, China could nuke Taiwan, Aliens could land on the White House lawn...

And Noory would still have Corsi, Celente and go to open lines.

McPhallus

At its best, Coast was a variety show.  There seems to be no shortage of podcasts these days dealing with the paranormal, but they seem to be mostly specialized, or limited to a local area, etc.

I personally don't think there's enough going on to warrant a nightly show dealing with the paranormal without covering topics/guests that have already been covered ad nauseum.  Especially since the current Coast doesn't seem to care if it repeats itself or flogs certain topics to death.

Quote from: Insanity on January 07, 2013, 12:57:28 AM

onan

Quote from: McPhallus on January 08, 2013, 05:55:27 PM

At its best, Coast was a variety show.  There seems to be no shortage of podcasts these days dealing with the paranormal, but they seem to be mostly specialized, or limited to a local area, etc.

I personally don't think there's enough going on to warrant a nightly show dealing with the paranormal without covering topics/guests that have already been covered ad nauseum.  Especially since the current Coast doesn't seem to care if it repeats itself or flogs certain topics to death.

The right person can sell ice cubes to an eskimo. Paranormal may be getting to be an old shtick to you, even me, I suppose. On the other hand, there are a bunch of younger ears coming to late night radio. Art was able to entertain with his conversation. Noory isn't able to understand what a conversation is. Fix that and almost any subject is interesting.

I hate sports but 20+ years ago, Bob Costas could get me to listen for hours.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on January 08, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

I hate sports but 20+ years ago, Bob Costas could get me to listen for hours.
His syndicated sunday night program was terrific, he's a natural, largely because he's conversant in most everything...unfortunately, he gave the radio show up to do Later With...full time, but had Costas pursued a Larry King type radio broadcast M-F, it would have been a great show.

But he'd have far less money....

He's become a lightning rod and a bit of self parody over the years...but Keith Olbermann possessed Costas-like skills as well.

Wendell73

Quote from: onan on January 08, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

The right person can sell ice cubes to an eskimo. Paranormal may be getting to be an old shtick to you, even me, I suppose. On the other hand, there are a bunch of younger ears coming to late night radio. Art was able to entertain with his conversation. Noory isn't able to understand what a conversation is. Fix that and almost any subject is interesting.

I couldn't agree with you more. ;)

BigDave

There will always be something out there to talk about! 8)