• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 25, 2018, 04:22:02 PM
Senda is a media God! 1,100+ subs on YouTube.

I senda him money every chance I get.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 25, 2018, 04:23:42 PM
I senda him money every chance I get.

that's because you're a good girl.  ;D

Bart Ell

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 25, 2018, 04:22:02 PM
Senda is a media God! 1,100+ subs on YouTube.

His empire is about to crumble due to racist comments he made.
#Begacy

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 25, 2018, 04:27:49 PM
His empire is about to crumble due to racist comments he made.
#Begacy

Roswells, Art told me that the same thing was about to happen to me. odd.

what did the Falkster say?

Asuka Langley

I plan on donating to the falkster once my 350Z suspension and brake modz are done.

HIT MEH UP NIGGA!

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 25, 2018, 04:40:29 PM
I plan on donating to the falkster once my 350Z suspension and brake modz are done.

HIT MEH UP NIGGA!

Falkie's gotta go fast!

Quote from: Liberace on May 25, 2018, 01:54:37 PM
you're always so enthusiastic about everything, so this is a surprise.

There's a ringing endorsement for the show

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 25, 2018, 06:58:50 PM
There's a ringing endorsement for the show

I guess some wounds never heal.

whoozit

This Liberace guy has really taken the GabCasts to a new level.

Listening to the latest broadcast. Art Bell's son as a guest is interesting. Art's life was so opaque, and his son is shedding some light on it. My own father was a scumbag, so I can relate to some of what he went through.

starramus

Quote from: whoozit on May 26, 2018, 04:10:07 AM
This Liberace guy has really taken the GabCasts to a new level.

I agree! He should be hosting MITD.

starramus

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 26, 2018, 06:07:40 AM
Listening to the latest broadcast. Art Bell's son as a guest is interesting. Art's life was so opaque, and his son is shedding some light on it. My own father was a scumbag, so I can relate to some of what he went through.

I always knew Artie was a reptile. Laying his eggs, and abandoning them. Reinforces my suspicions on Ramona's mysterious death, and faster than light remarriage.

Metron2267

Quote from: starramus on May 26, 2018, 07:27:30 AM
I agree! He should be hosting MITD.

Liberace has a nice, easy, listenable voice.

Back in there day he would have been at home on an underground FM station.

But he excels at making his guests feel safe and thus they open up.

It's a deceptively "easy" way he has...works well.

Quote from: Liberace on May 24, 2018, 10:12:04 PM
Dave Schrader will be a host on The GabCast June 7.

Why do we have to wait so long? For some reason I thought it was tonight. You should do a GC tonight as well.

diowulf

Saw on twitter. I'll just leave this here..

hitfan

I listened to the Gabcast with Vincent shortly after it came out.  It was interesting to listen to, and I'm ambivalent about how I'm supposed to feel about Art Bell, someone who I have a lot of fond memories of listening to back in the day.  I understand that the controversy regarding Art being estranged from some of his children was something that had been publicized a few years ago, but this was the first time I actually became aware of some of the details.

I'm still a fan of Art Bell and his work.  No man is an angel, and most people are a mixed bag.  There's a saying that goes like "Trust the art, not the artist".  Even with the controversies regarding Art Bell quitting his latest coming out of retirement only to quit again, I had always hoped that as long as he remained alive that he would someday come back on the air to do what he does best.  I was really hoping that he'd bury the hatchet with Premiere/C2C and just become an occasional host there again.  On his last run on MITD, I really enjoyed listening to Art Bell every night and it felt just like back in the 1990s when I lived alone in my apartment, unable to sleep and I'd listen to all these interesting discussions on ghosts and aliens.

-------------------------------

So I tend to be a casual lurker on Bellgab, and I don't really have the patience to read everything that gets posted here.  Would MV and the rest of the gang be willing to host a GabCast where they discuss the controversy regarding the legacy of Art Bell and who is the true "Midnight in the Desert"?  I stopped listening to MITD altogether when Art quit in late 2015.  In spite of how people feel about George Noory, I still listen to C2CAM when I work at night and I feel that they are the most credible broadcaster for all things interesting and paranormal.

Does George Noory still suck?  Well, I don't hate him as much as I used to.  And the weekend hosts on C2C are usually pretty good.  GN's appearances on the GabCast have done much to humanize him and make him more accessible.  He sounds like a far better conversationalist when he is playing off of MV.  I know that MV is skeptical of all things paranormal, but he might make an interesting occasional host on C2C or Dark Matter's MITD.

hitfan

I just read the previous page, and saw the announcement that the next GabCast would feature Dave Schrader himself.

Sounds like it will be a great show and I'm looking forward to it.

MaxPower

Quote from: hitfan on May 31, 2018, 11:53:14 PM
I listened to the Gabcast with Vincent shortly after it came out.  It was interesting to listen to, and I'm ambivalent about how I'm supposed to feel about Art Bell, someone who I have a lot of fond memories of listening to back in the day.  I understand that the controversy regarding Art being estranged from some of his children was something that had been publicized a few years ago, but this was the first time I actually became aware of some of the details.

I'm still a fan of Art Bell and his work.  No man is an angel, and most people are a mixed bag.  There's a saying that goes like "Trust the art, not the artist".  Even with the controversies regarding Art Bell quitting his latest coming out of retirement only to quit again, I had always hoped that as long as he remained alive that he would someday come back on the air to do what he does best.  I was really hoping that he'd bury the hatchet with Premiere/C2C and just become an occasional host there again.  On his last run on MITD, I really enjoyed listening to Art Bell every night and it felt just like back in the 1990s when I lived alone in my apartment, unable to sleep and I'd listen to all these interesting discussions on ghosts and aliens.

-------------------------------

So I tend to be a casual lurker on Bellgab, and I don't really have the patience to read everything that gets posted here.  Would MV and the rest of the gang be willing to host a GabCast where they discuss the controversy regarding the legacy of Art Bell and who is the true "Midnight in the Desert"?  I stopped listening to MITD altogether when Art quit in late 2015.  In spite of how people feel about George Noory, I still listen to C2CAM when I work at night and I feel that they are the most credible broadcaster for all things interesting and paranormal.

Does George Noory still suck?  Well, I don't hate him as much as I used to.  And the weekend hosts on C2C are usually pretty good.  GN's appearances on the GabCast have done much to humanize him and make him more accessible.  He sounds like a far better conversationalist when he is playing off of MV.  I know that MV is skeptical of all things paranormal, but he might make an interesting occasional host on C2C or Dark Matter's MITD.
Also listen to C2C as well as many of the other shows from time to time. It's more the guests or topics that is the draw for me instead of the host. All hosts have their good points and bad points. Looking back on some of the negative posts about GN, it seems like an obsession of hate rather than a factual dislike. IMHO the continued rants are not deserved. It was refreshing to hear Dave give recognition and kind words to GN and C2C on his new show. Everyone should listen for themselves and make up their own minds.

hitfan

Quote from: MaxPower on June 01, 2018, 10:16:34 AM
Also listen to C2C as well as many of the other shows from time to time. It's more the guests or topics that is the draw for me instead of the host. All hosts have their good points and bad points. Looking back on some of the negative posts about GN, it seems like an obsession of hate rather than a factual dislike. IMHO the continued rants are not deserved. It was refreshing to hear Dave give recognition and kind words to GN and C2C on his new show. Everyone should listen for themselves and make up their own minds.

There was a time (10+ years ago) when I started to become really annoyed with GN and his various catchphrases like "Do you believe in angels?" that would come out of the blue and be totally non-sequitur when the guest was in the middle of a train of thought.  And I found this site with a +"George Noory sucks" internet search.  At the time, Art Bell was consigned to semi-retirement with the promise that he'd do the occasional show on C2C from time to time.  But we'd be waiting for several months in between his appearances.  I guess now GN is sort of OK.

But with Art Bell having left us, what is really the point of hating on GN in perpetuity?  Even when he was alive, AB's comebacks were rather short-lived.  Now there is a controversy regarding Heather and about who represents the true Art Bell legacy.  I don't really feel like reading through hundreds of forum posts to be caught up with all of the drama.  For good or ill, C2C is the "real legacy", even if it's original creator disavowed and attacked it's new owners in his later years.  C2C has a large network on terrestrial radio with a lot of inertia.

Maybe I'll give the current incarnation of MITD a listen someday.  To me though, MITD/C2C/Heather are all chasing after the same audience for all things paranormal.  There's only so much of my own time that I can invest and listen to these things.  The internet has done quite a bit in fracturing audiences--we have television shows that have viewership levels of less than one million that get renewed even though these types of TV ratings would have meant immediate cancellation by the networks only 20 years ago.

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 23, 2018, 02:21:03 PM
Fire escape doors should be locked to the outside always.

First responders have master keys.

Homicidal stoonts ought not to.

No, you rarely seem to "think"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dml8f_AjhvE

Did yours succumb to their own drool?

You betcha!

Got a factual rebuttal in ya?

Or just more shoot the messenger?

Uh huh.
The way I think it is supposed to work is that you can always exit fire doors, which push outwardly for safety reasons.  In some stairwells you can't get back in that way though, after pushing out, because it locks behind you unless you prop it.  Propping it is not safe because the doors are designed to encapsulate smoke and fires so they don't spread to other floors.  Unfortunately, I have noticed time delays on some of the fire exits in places like Walmart.  And sometimes dollar stores have strip ties locking those emergency exits shut.  So, bring your pocket knife and hope a 15 second timed delay doesn't kill you if there's a lot of smoke or lack of oxygen for some reason.  But, fire doors are usually locked from the outside.

Metron2267

Quote from: monica on June 05, 2018, 02:07:12 AM
The way I think it is supposed to work is that you can always exit fire doors, which push outwardly for safety reasons.  In some stairwells you can't get back in that way though, after pushing out, because it locks behind you unless you prop it.  Propping it is not safe because the doors are designed to encapsulate smoke and fires so they don't spread to other floors.  Unfortunately, I have noticed time delays on some of the fire exits in places like Walmart.  And sometimes dollar stores have strip ties locking those emergency exits shut.  So, bring your pocket knife and hope a 15 second timed delay doesn't kill you if there's a lot of smoke or lack of oxygen for some reason.  But, fire doors are usually locked from the outside.

Good advice there Monica, tnx. I sure hope no one perishes due to zip ties... :-\

MV/Liberace!

We are going to postpone Dave Schrader's appearance on The GabCast until Monday, June 11th at 9PM East, 6PM West.

As you were.

Quote from: Liberace on June 05, 2018, 08:17:24 PM
We are going to postpone Dave Schrader's appearance on The GabCast until Monday, June 11th at 9PM East, 6PM West.

As you were.

That's a brave move. 9pm Monday is also tip-off time for the NBA finals.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Radio Activity on June 06, 2018, 08:08:08 AM
That's a brave move. 9pm Monday is also tip-off time for the NBA finals.

NB...A?  What's that?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Liberace on June 06, 2018, 02:50:14 PM
NB...A?  What's that?

A bunch of big tall guys making squeeky noises with rubber shoes on wooden floors.

Dr. MD MD

Gabcast uber NBA! Gabcaet uber alles!! ;D