• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 21, 2014, 03:18:17 PM
Pyewacket was the name of Kim Novak's familiar in Bell, Book and Candle... And now you make prominent mention of the solstice....

Witch!  Witch!  Burn the witch! 😉

Heh, you'll have to catch us first.   ;D   

pyewacket

Quote from: Treading Water on December 22, 2014, 05:25:59 PM
Things that bring me joy?

Reading the posts from maureen and pyewacket.  Happy pancakes, ladies.   :)

Happy Pancakes to you, too TW!  :)

maureen

the best of the season's pancake, my dear TW, and all my joyous siblings!!

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 22, 2014, 05:49:56 PM

Heh, you'll have to catch us first.   ;D

I am totally into witches!  For reals...

Actually, I would recommend some of Starhawk's early books:  Dreaming the Dark I recall being good.  Of course, that was 25 years ago in college.

Heather Wade

Quote from: maureen on December 22, 2014, 09:14:29 PM
the best of the season's pancake, my dear TW, and all my joyous siblings!!

I could never explain why this is awesome to someone not on BellGab.

aldousburbank

Arriving home safely when the odds are against it.

Catsmile

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 23, 2014, 08:25:56 PM

Welcome home. Sometimes the best trips you take are when you go nowhere.

Heather Wade

There's a story behind why I say "Hell yeah" to this.  I'm not going to tell it. 
Saying "Hell yeah" is enough.   8)

pyewacket

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 22, 2014, 09:30:14 PM
I am totally into witches!  For reals...

I got burned by this trick centuries ago.....I'm not falling for it again!  ;)

ksm32

Quote from: analog kid on December 22, 2014, 11:16:48 PM
Alcohol.

You had to say that huh?

I took these two pictures just now for you. If you can be here in an hour we'll enjoy, write, and record.

..or I'll write you a rain check..

Sorry bout your neck. hehehe

paladin1991

Amen.  Twice in my life. 

A heartfelt thank you to the many fine posters on this forum:  the long-timers, the nifty newbies, those in merry old England and Canada, those on the right politically with whom I may disagree but whose posts I enjoy reading on other matters, my left-leaning compadres, our small but fierce female contingent (Unscreened, Redacted, Pyewacket, among others), those who don't post often enough (Chine, Rachael Nexcusi), the testy but interesting (whatever happened to Kate the Bionic Uterus?), and others.  RGG , YP, Bdubb, and more, I have enjoyed your postings and PM's. 

Damn, I feel like Hillary a Swank forgetting Chad Lowe at the Oscars....

Anyway, MV, thanks for the vine (annoying Jim Rome reference).

Merry Christmas, fellow travelers!

pyewacket

Merry Christmas to you too, West! Merry Christmas to all you wacky, wonderful, Bellgabbers! ;D

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 24, 2014, 11:58:26 AM
A heartfelt thank you to the many fine posters on this forum:  the long-timers, the nifty newbies, those in merry old England and Canada, those on the right politically with whom I may disagree but whose posts I enjoy reading on other matters, my left-leaning compadres, our small but fierce female contingent (Unscreened, Redacted, Pyewacket, among others), those who don't post often enough (Chine, Rachael Nexcusi), the testy but interesting (whatever happened to Kate the Bionic Uterus?), and others.  RGG , YP, Bdubb, and more, I have enjoyed your postings and PM's. 

Same to you, West! 

Merry Christmas to you, too, Westie and to Bellgabbers everywhere, including those on the lower hemisphere where dangerous insects, fish and animals abound.  ;)   Hah! Santa's probably already been and gone for them unless a giant walking stick ate him.

Heather Wade

And a Merry Yule to you too, West Of The Rockies.  Wouldn't be the same BellGab without you. 

analog kid

Quote from: ksm32 on December 23, 2014, 11:51:27 PM
You had to say that huh?

I took these two pictures just now for you. If you can be here in an hour we'll enjoy, write, and record.

..or I'll write you a rain check..

Sorry bout your neck. hehehe

Sonofabitch. What's the axe on the left there? I got a Blackstar HT20 a while ago. Pretty comparable to your Marshall.

I do have White Russians, not that my fat ass needs to be drinking the stuff.

maureen

... the exotic smell of a mandarin orange on a snowy Xmas morning in the Northern wilds! good smells, everyone!!

Heather Wade

I'm going to go crazy and make a gingersnap eggnog spiced rum cheesecake.  Good smells in store fo sho!

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 24, 2014, 04:31:53 PM
I'm going to go crazy and make a gingersnap eggnog spiced rum cheesecake.  Good smells in store fo sho!

You go girl! That sounds scrumptious.

I've already fried calamari, boiled shrimp, baked two loaves of French bread and am taking a breather before putting crab cakes in the pan and salmon on the griddle, And all of it washed down with bubbly which just makes the person drinking it even more bubbly. Why, this is turning out a good Christmas Eve in spite of it pissing rain and foggy conditions. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 23, 2014, 10:04:40 PM

There's a story behind why I say "Hell yeah" to this.  I'm not going to tell it. 
Saying "Hell yeah" is enough.   8)
Hell Yeah!

Quote from: analog kid on December 24, 2014, 01:10:47 PM

Sonofabitch. What's the axe on the left there? I got a Blackstar HT20 a while ago. Pretty comparable to your Marshall.

Go healthy and cut it back to a Black Russian :D

ksm32

Quote from: analog kid on December 24, 2014, 01:10:47 PM

The axe is my 1980 Gibby LP Deluxe. Tobacco burst. TONE! Plugged in to a real Marshall amp 1990 and earlier it simply makes you smile from ear to shining ear :)

ksm32

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 25, 2014, 02:47:41 AM
Go healthy and cut it back to a Black Russian :D

Scotch and Gin will keep the weight off as well. Is it true about what they say about black Russians?  I think it's a myth ;D