• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 22, 2018, 04:52:21 AM
No, you didn't.
Do you think amino acids should be part of the elimination program?

On that website, it says to eliminate many foods, like 6 of them.  I pretty much live that way, JS.  With occasional exceptions in dairy and soy.

I had untreated food allergies for over 35 years.  I am very happy now to know which foods cause which symptoms, and how to mitigate symptoms when necessary.

Just like you did with defamation allegations, here again you are speaking in generalities, telling me to correct my behavior, without actually citing which behavior.  Exactly how did I defame you?  And, exactly which food do you suspect was not part of my elimination program a few years back?  If you're gonna help, be constructive  :).  When I met you online, I thought you were really exciting and knowledgeable, but people who hide behind being vague (for no good reason) are no-do-gooders.  Of course, if you are vague out of fear of retaliation, that would make sense.  But, I'm hardly a likely lady to retaliate against you and the moderators would catch it if I did.  So, put up if you have a case.  Otherwise you waste my time.   And now look what you've made me do, the dang cat slipped under the bed again when I forgot to put the barrier back  >:(.

Fourteen

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 22, 2018, 10:17:21 AM
And now look what you've made me do, the dang cat slipped under the bed again when I forgot to put the barrier back  >:(.
Fourteen

Jackstar is sneaky good at shit like that, isn't he?

:D

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 22, 2018, 10:57:21 AM
Jackstar is sneaky good at shit like that, isn't he?

:D
Yes, and he gets a lot of attention too.

My cat openly uses me to obtain food even though I've fed her well for 16 years.  Today, I'm lucky I even got any affection!  Lately I've been forcing her to stick around with affection before I feed her.  It's like the only time she is gracious! 

Fourteen

Jojo

But JS brought avocados back in to my life  :)

Fourteen

Metron2267

Jackstar is worth every bit of trouble he makes here! ::)

Jackstar

Quote from: 14 on June 22, 2018, 10:17:21 AM
On that website, it says to eliminate many foods, like 6 of them.

It doesn't fucking say that. You're just willfully obstinate. Sympathy: vanished.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 22, 2018, 12:01:27 PM

It doesn't fucking say that. You're just willfully obstinate. Sympathy: vanished.
Again, you speak in (profanity-laced) generalities, and don't even cite the content of your source.  And, you are incorrect.  Any C student can scroll down, go to your most recent link, open it, see how reasonably short it is, and view that is says exactly what I said it does (to eliminate approximately 6 foods for approximately 3 weeks).  So either you are stupid or purposefully giving incorrect information.

Also, you didn't answer my specific question about amino acids in regards to whether or not you think they should be eliminated on that same elimination diet  ???.

How can two people have a productive conversation when truth is denied, questions remained unanswered, and ultimatums are drawn.
You're just being a potshot today, JS  :D.

Source:
https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12540/the-simple-elimination-diet-that-could-change-your-life-forever.html
Content:
     "I actually recommend that everyoneâ€"yes everyoneâ€"do an elimination diet at least once.
So how do you do it and not make it complicated? Here is my easy 7-step plan for doing your own elimination diet. You might be surprised by what you learn!
1. ...Make a list of everything you notice in your body, however subtle or long-standing the symptom has been. This sets you up to notice important changes when they happen.
2. Eliminate the usual suspects for 23 days...
No gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, fast food, or alcohol for 23 days.
3. ...What DO I eat...
4. But seriously .... what do I eat?
30% “clean” protein, i.e. organic, hormone-free, grass-fed, happy, lean beef, chicken, and wild fish and shellfish
70% vegetables, legumes (think beans and lentils), nuts, seeds, seaweeds, and gluten-free grains like quinoa
See, it’s that simple!
5. What to eat & what to avoid
6. How do I reintroduce foods the right way?
This is also much simpler than people make it out to be.
On day 24, pick one thing you eliminatedâ€"like gluten, OR dairy, OR eggsâ€"but not more than one, and eat it.
See how you feel over the next 48 hours. If you have no reaction after two days, eat that same food again, and for a second time, notice how you feel. From there, it’s up to you whether or not to re-incorporate that food into your diet on a regular basis.
Once you’ve made a call on the first food you reintroduce, pick another one and follow the same steps.
7. This all works best when you pay attention to you."

Fourteen

Jackstar

Quote from: 14 on June 22, 2018, 04:20:33 PM
Again, you speak in (profanity-laced) generalities, and don't even cite the content of your source.

I don't fucking have to.
source: because it's fucking true

Also, you didn't answer my specific question about amino acids

How does one synthesize a methylated alkaloid?

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 22, 2018, 04:23:37 PM
I don't fucking have to.
source: because it's fucking true

How does one synthesize a methylated alkaloid?

No new questions (which are from movies anyway) until prior clarification questions are answered.  It's about more than just sounding smart  ::) .

Decent women don't expect to be talked to with the F word in ordinary clarifications.  Didn't realize this was that loaded for you...

;D
Fourteen

Dr. MD MD

How can two people have a productive conversation when truth is denied, questions remained unanswered, and ultimatums are drawn.

You're soaking in it right now.  :D

Jojo

Same old same old.  Hungry a lot!  I don't mind feeling hungry; I've always liked it.  As long as blood sugar is managed.  Exercise.  Lots of vegetables.  And water.  Not so many carbs.     

Fifth day of selenium (I think).
Fifth day of rooibos tea.

We'll see. 

Fourteen

Jojo

Well I gave the temporary dog a tennis ball.  She was pleased, and later a mysterious gold-sequined slipper showed up at my door.  So I guess we are technically friends now.  Through the baby gate anyhow. 

So, until Kilo leaves, cat and I don't get many real walks.  I've lost 20 minutes of good exercise a day.  Guess I'll have to compensate.

So the diet and exercise are a back drop to anxiety right now.  The exercise bike is good when no one is around to complain about noise, and it's not that noisy.  This is the 6th day of selenium, to fix insulin-related neurotransmitters.  When will it happen...

Rooibos was not a magic bullet after all, but does reduce the look of the body by reducing inflammation or water retention.

And yes littlechris I am hungry a lot, for long periods.  Sometimes, but not always, exercise ironically keeps the blood sugar from diving too low.  I can take that risk when I'm not working, so this is the perfect time to go hungry. And still be able to have an occassional avocado!

I'd like to lose weight to get off blood pressure meds, to increase longevity, to be stronger in general, to reduce hypoglycemia, and to give the snot in the next room less ammo during her drunken rages.

Jojo

New quota: 45 min Mon-Fri (up from 30) and 30 min (up from 15) through the weekend.  Bec real cat walks are short or missing right now (She gets fake walks though).  That should compensate.  The selenium souce comes with chocolate pieces in the mix - going to have to take that out  :P.  Plain is fine.

30 down, so far!  It gets a little time consuming, considering I do PT and chiro.  Some of the PT can combine with the aerobics.  But not the chiro.  Oh well.  Right now I have the time.  Maybe later I can up the intensity and spend less time.  The stationary bike is good that way.

Fourteen

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 25, 2018, 05:22:29 PM
New quota: 45 min Mon-Fri (up from 30) and 30 min (up from 15) through the weekend.  Bec real cat walks are short or missing right now (She gets fake walks though).  That should compensate.  The selenium souce comes with chocolate pieces in the mix - going to have to take that out  :P.  Plain is fine.

30 down, so far!  It gets a little time consuming, considering I do PT and chiro.  Some of the PT can combine with the aerobics.  But not the chiro.  Oh well.  Right now I have the time.  Maybe later I can up the intensity and spend less time.  The stationary bike is good that way.

Fourteen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyS1eUAPmxQ

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 25, 2018, 05:36:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyS1eUAPmxQ
This thumbnail sent me through several layers of reaction. But I am thankful and I'll get back to you and Ms. Spaghetti strap in a couple hours  :(.

Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: 14 on June 25, 2018, 05:58:11 PM
This thumbnail sent me through several layers of reaction. But I am thankful and I'll get back to you and Ms. Spaghetti strap in a couple hours  :(.

Fourteen
Thanks for the video. 

I don't really have ADD - MD was just saying that in the Trump thread to annoy me.  But now I know what to do if I get brain fog!

Fourteen

Jojo

A day full of exercise.  Up and down stairs all day in the course of a mix-up of errands.  And had to park so far away.  Yay!  Small meals so far, plenty of protein and whole grains.  Got them in on time barely.  I had a cola today.  I am guilty.  But there was a glucose deficit first.  And, the cola felt GREAT!  I don't know what they put in those, but they just never disappoint.  Guilty, guilty, guilty.
Fourteen

ksm32

Quote from: 14 on June 26, 2018, 12:20:10 AM
I liked your other avatar better.  Is this guy locked up?
Fourteen
No, it's a scrawny bullied prepubescent weighing himself. He'll most likely be hitting the gym at some point in the future.

Jackstar

Quote from: 14 on June 22, 2018, 05:28:05 PM
Decent women don't expect to be talked to with the F word in ordinary clarifications. 

Decent women can follow instructions.

ksm32

Quote from: Jackstar on June 26, 2018, 05:34:27 PM
And the really good ones take orders.

#obedience

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 26, 2018, 05:26:04 PM
No, it's a scrawny bullied prepubescent weighing himself. He'll most likely be hitting the gym at some point in the future.
He'll fill out.  Lean can be good!
Quote from: Jackstar on June 26, 2018, 05:34:27 PM

Just like me  :)!

Fourteen

Jojo

Orders are being taken to insert KSM32 in a wall and spank his backside with the permission of all interested parties.  Unfortunately, cameras and video will not be allowed.  Gloves required.  Must not leave any marks, but a mild blush is okay.  Please include your donation with your quantity below:
Name:
Quantity:
Donation:
Thank you for your patronage.
Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 21, 2018, 10:32:02 PM
At the end of the day a dog is a dog. And a dogs gonna do what dogs do whether they're deaf or not. When it comes to your cat, pretend the dog is a vicious cat killing animal. Coz it most likely is.
Aw gee, thanks.  Do your face need a changing table?

Me

ksm32

Quote from: 14 on June 27, 2018, 06:17:11 PM

Do your face need a changing table?

Me

Does*? You on the sauce again?
Quote from: 14 on June 26, 2018, 09:03:44 PM
Orders are being taken to insert KSM32 in a wall and spank his backside with the permission of all interested parties.  Unfortunately, cameras and video will not be allowed.  Gloves required.  Must not leave any marks, but a mild blush is okay.  Please include your donation with your quantity below:
Name:
Quantity:
Donation:
Thank you for your patronage.
Fourteen
That's your way of saying you wanna see my bum. No!

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 27, 2018, 08:43:04 PM
Does*? You on the sauce again?That's your way of saying you wanna see my bum. No!
Not sure what you meant but no, not on the sauce.  That's very unlikely.

You may don a medical clinic wrap-around.  But not too big, lol.
Me

Jojo

Kitchen access has been severely curtailed because I don't even want to go in there this season, except maybe once at night real quick during the cat's walk.  So, that means less diet compromises.  One of the ladies realized her allowance was the primary food subsidy here, but she caught on.  So the gravy train is very thin and sporadic now.

Even the year-long 24/7 dessert buffet has been empty for about a month.  Never thought I'd see the day.  But, amazing transformation can occur when a Scorpio digs there heels in.  Can you imaging having severe insulin-dependent diabetes, not being able to eat sweets, and then finding out your Social Security check has been feeding a whole house, including a 24/7 dessert buffet!

That's what the diabetic gets for being a klepto and an ingrate.

So.  Dieting has been a lot simpler.

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 12:19:11 AM
Can you imaging having severe insulin-dependent diabetes, not being able to eat sweets, and then finding out your Social Security check has been feeding a whole house, including a 24/7 dessert buffet!

That's what the diabetic gets for being a klepto and an ingrate.

Huh?

You all rip her off but she's an "ingrate"??

How's that work anyway? ::)