• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

pyewacket

Here's one of my favorites. Hope you have a good Father's day with people you love.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on June 16, 2019, 11:05:21 AM
Here's one of my favorites. Hope you have a good Father's day with people you love.

I'm sure I will. Bigot.  ;)

(Corrected for Ricky's sensibilities)  ;)

albrecht

Geez, as Norry might say.....

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 16, 2019, 11:00:53 AM
Ahh yes, dog whistle for the pious and pompous right wing zealot... Carry on sweetcheeks. Aren't you so very lucky you were born in an era when things were far easier and more affordable than they are today? (The answer is yes).

Whoa there, time traveler- the last time I checked, all my bills were dated 2019. Just because I made good decisions 40 years ago, does not mean that good decision made today will not benefit you in the future. I do not share your nihilistic attitude. But then again, having to check a 'poo map' and planning how to navigate used needle/garbage strewn streets before leaving the house might put a damper on one's day.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on June 16, 2019, 11:10:22 AM

Yep...seen that. Most aren't from CA either, they get bussed in from other states.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on June 16, 2019, 11:15:33 AM
Whoa there, time traveler- the last time I checked, all my bills were dated 2019. Just because I made good decisions 40 years ago, does not mean that good decision made today will not benefit you in the future. I do not share your nihilistic attitude. But then again, having to check a 'poo map' and planning how to navigate used needle/garbage strewn streets before leaving the house might put a damper on one's day.

40 years ago wasn't today...and it was far cheaper to live (ask me how I know). If you don't understand that and all it entails I can't help you.

pyewacket

Behold the circle of life of your $65 lunch. 

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 16, 2019, 11:17:20 AM

Yep...seen that. Most aren't from CA either, they get bussed in from other states.
Or countries as "refugees" or just illegals who waltz across the open border. Good to see that you'll be giving some of them "free" healthcare now in addition to the other government give-aways. I'm sure that will help the Californian school districts and state budget and housing crisis! Weird that they get buses but most Californian school kids don't!

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on June 16, 2019, 11:20:11 AM
Behold the circle of life of your $65 lunch.
Let's just hope that guy isn't one of the Congolese "refugees" recently shipped around the country without any health checks, apparently.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 16, 2019, 11:18:41 AM
40 years ago wasn't today...and it was far cheaper to live (ask me how I know). If you don't understand that and all it entails I can't help you.

Using your time frame, this example comes to mind.

forensic anthropology benefits

What do you think that 10K would buy today? Take a look at the smartphone in your hand and do a mental calculation of what percentage of your yearly salary was needed to purchase that device vs. an Apple II back in 1977. Back in the 70s if you wanted to create a simple spreadsheet, you had to invest 1/5 of your yearly salary to own such a device.

I do not see how your argument holds up in this case.

We spend more on gasoline now but the fuel efficiency and vehicle reliability more than offsets the price increase.

The fact that you live in such a heavily taxed state is a result of the very programs that you wish to see implemented on the rest of the country, leaving you with nowhere to run when the burden crushes your state economy. Whoops- it may be too late for you guys. Hot weather coming- poo is going to stink- confess to your sins and get out while you can.

pate

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 16, 2019, 10:17:05 AM

Are you suggesting only liberals and communists have abortions?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anti-abortion-rep-tim-murphy-asked-mistress-terminate/story?id=50274843

Ahh the old 'tax dollar' maxim... Anti abortionists take a fiscal view about it as well in some cases a moral (if not medically accurate) view. Yet the flip side that moral outrage isn't extended to postpartum children, why is that? Not so much as a squeak when a five year old is killed or a classroom full of students. No, the reason is nothing to do with concern for a foetus, it's just a way to hit women who want to have control of their own biology. It is no surprise that it's overwhelmingly men who make laws on abortion. I doubt somehow they'd make such laws if men carried children.

The fiscal view? Again, it's because it's women. Because if it wasn't, there'd be any number of reasons to rail against perceived misspending of 'tax dollars'...Such as the tax cuts last year to the top 1% who enjoyed 85% of the proceeds. That represents over $285 BILLION of our money going to the top 1% who did nothing to earn it apart from lobby the government. I object strongly that Trump has run up over $100 Million on his golfing trips..How many abortions would that pay for, or even school books, teachers, classroom refurbishments?

I knew I could count on you, Pud.

No, I don't suggest that only communists and liberals have abortions.  I suggest (I thought quite clearly) that communists and liberals would support both killing children before reaching maturity (i.e. abortion) and feeding children to ensure their survival to maturity (i.e. free lunch programs).  Which seems to be illogical and contradictory.

To address your "tax dollar maxim," I think you missed my point.  I perhaps made the logical fallacy of assuming that since the lunches were free the abortions would be free as well.  To my knowledge the "free lunch program" doesn't discriminate based on income.  I don't believe they turn kids away based on the parents income, if a kid shows up they get a free lunch (Bill Gatez adopted African rug-rats included.)  That seems fair and just to me, anything else would be non-inclusive.

I fail to follow the logic of your argument that support of both abortions and free-lunch programs has anything to do with money.  You do touch on a moral argument briefly but fail to expand on it in a logical manner that explains how support of both makes sense.

ediot: in keeping with your rhetorical style I offer the following possibly contradictory questions and statements
Does it make sense to restrict either lunches for non-adults or the abortion of non-adults based on fiscal considerations?  Only adults who can afford to feed or kill their offspring should be allowed to do so?  Or society at large shall assume the adult responsibility for proper disposition of non-adults, whether that be feeding or aborting them?  I don't get how one could logically support both?

Rich people should be given access to free abortions and free lunches for their children, other wise you are excluding people based on their income.  In fact, if there are free lunches for kids and free abortions available, they should be available to everyone free of restrictions!  No one wants to be a poverty elitist, shouldn't the rich folks be encouraged to take advantage of the free programs out there?

Jojo

In many municipalities, road waste, including roadkill residue, is washed straight into the nearest river or ocean.  At least San Francisco sends their surface waste to a sewer treatment plant most of the time, except when it overflows due to heavy rain.  I don't know how deeply storm drains are filtered in SF, but at least they do sent it to the sewer.  Which is unusual.

albrecht

Quote from: Sixteen on June 16, 2019, 11:55:44 PM
In many municipalities, road waste, including roadkill residue, is washed straight into the nearest river or ocean.  At least San Francisco sends their surface waste to a sewer treatment plant most of the time, except when it overflows due to heavy rain.  I don't know how deeply storm drains are filtered in SF, but at least they do sent it to the sewer.  Which is unusual.
Due to Democrat policies our creeks, once beloved by Austinites especially on the more lefty side, have fecal and urine problems. They won't arrest or remove homeless camps and encourage homeless to come here due to government give-aways and the high cost of housing means it is hard for an honest homeless person who wants to work find a place. The City is building more low income housing and even some kind of free or very low cost housing but that got controversial because in the far East part of the city, not downtown or in decent neighborhoods (which is good but upsets some lefties sensibilities, in theory- in reality they don't want them in their neighborhoods either.)

pate

Tomorrow is election day in Kansas City, MO.  There are only two candidates on the ballot, both are Democrats but due to city election laws you won't see a (D) next to their names on the ballot.  One is a dyke the other is a nigger*.

I wanted to vote for a black lesbian democrat, for diversity.  Now I am faced with a difficult decision;  if there is no space for a write in candidate (Mickey Mouse) I have to vote or abstain for one or the other.  I am thinking of voting for the black guy.  His campaign signs all prominently feature the capital letter "Q," and he sounds white when he talks.

That is all beside the point I think.  Their campaigns so far have consisted of the both of them saying that things need to be done differently, that each has special connections and experience in politics that they can use to fix the potholes (seems to be the main issue the voters give a fuck about).  Funny thing is that one is a former city council member that went on to the State Legislature, and the other is a current city council member.  The city has been Democrat since the Pendergast era, and has always been fucked up, mostly due to policies and unsound fiscal spending that the both of them have endorsed and voted for.  It is ridiculous.

Kansas City is a Democrat paradise, it's sad we try year after year to get that homicide rate up to #1 in the country but just can't seem to get it done.  I think we are consistently in the top 10 or 20 for homicides...  Blahbitty.

I still love my town even if it is about to be run by either a faggot or an eggplant (I will probably vote for the aubergine).

----

ediot: forgot to define the "*":  cue Yorkshire Pud's outraged response

Hey Pud, can you tell me what other political systems only have one party on the ballot?

Jojo

Quote from: pate on June 17, 2019, 08:43:31 PM
Tomorrow is election day in Kansas City, MO.  There are only two candidates on the ballot, both are Democrats but due to city election laws you won't see a (D) next to their names on the ballot.  One is a dyke the other is a nigger*.

I wanted to vote for a black lesbian democrat, for diversity.  Now I am faced with a difficult decision;  if there is no space for a write in candidate (Mickey Mouse) I have to vote or abstain for one or the other.  I am thinking of voting for the black guy.  His campaign signs all prominently feature the capital letter "Q," and he sounds white when he talks.

That is all beside the point I think.  Their campaigns so far have consisted of the both of them saying that things need to be done differently, that each has special connections and experience in politics that they can use to fix the potholes (seems to be the main issue the voters give a fuck about).  Funny thing is that one is a former city council member that went on to the State Legislature, and the other is a current city council member.  The city has been Democrat since the Pendergast era, and has always been fucked up, mostly due to policies and unsound fiscal spending that the both of them have endorsed and voted for.  It is ridiculous.

Kansas City is a Democrat paradise, it's sad we try year after year to get that homicide rate up to #1 in the country but just can't seem to get it done.  I think we are consistently in the top 10 or 20 for homicides...  Blahbitty.

I still love my town even if it is about to be run by either a faggot or an eggplant (I will probably vote for the aubergine).

----

ediot: forgot to define the "*":  cue Yorkshire Pud's outraged response

Hey Pud, can you tell me what other political systems only have one party on the ballot?
How can someone who purports to honor diversity, use the N-word?  That's bad.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2019, 03:47:12 PM
Due to Democrat policies our creeks, once beloved by Austinites especially on the more lefty side, have fecal and urine problems. They won't arrest or remove homeless camps and encourage homeless to come here due to government give-aways and the high cost of housing means it is hard for an honest homeless person who wants to work find a place. The City is building more low income housing and even some kind of free or very low cost housing but that got controversial because in the far East part of the city, not downtown or in decent neighborhoods (which is good but upsets some lefties sensibilities, in theory- in reality they don't want them in their neighborhoods either.)
Pardon me for a moment, but I am so sick and tired of the government (or no one) taking the brunt for landlord greed.  Housing needs to be affordable.  Period.  All the homeless shelters, all the day centers, all the "low income" projects are NOT going to fix this problem.  Our tax dollars should not have to compensate where private landlords are just ripping everybody off.  There is no excuse for the kind of greed that makes a 2-bedroom apartment unaffordable for a working couple.  And, don't say it's the bank's fault because I've seen these places and they don't have mortgages.  They are owned outright and have been around for decades.  The philosophy of charging "what the market will bear" is exploitative, oppressive and bad for society.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 16, 2019, 11:18:41 AM

That is the whole problem now, isn't it? You do not seem willing or able to explain anything about your point of view.

"If you don't know -then I can't help you" is not a helpful response in getting your point across.

Not that I expect you to be open minded enough to watch this, but here is an adult explaining some of the myths you use to launch into your diatribes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtxuy-GJwCo

So what you are saying is that everything was so much better in the 70s and 80s when California was known for Ronald Reagan, Pete Wilson, and Rica-a-Roni (the San Francisco treat!)- now you've got Pelosi, Maxine Waters, and Snapcrap (watch out under your feet). I wonder if that plays any possible part in the current conditions.

Since you seem unable to explain the reasons for the conditions of California, here is someone who takes a pretty good shot at it. Your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMjSUXIgrWY

Jojo

Who will be the new commander in chief of the Pentagon?  And who will be the new back up one?

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on June 23, 2019, 02:05:19 AM
Who will be the new commander in chief of the Pentagon?  And who will be the new back up one?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sixteen on June 23, 2019, 02:05:19 AM

That would be the president. ::)

albrecht

This is an odd, interesting site that, somehow, I found from a cross-post on a twitter about the hilarious parade float in some small town in God's Country of South Dakota that feature Barak Obama and Hillary in a cage and cause controversy. 

Lots of stuff here with regard to boat violations, racist banks, city disputes, blacks who are, alledgely Indian (both types) or Arabs, and how Trump is the best friend of blacks.

http://www.honestfact.com/ 

albrecht

Celebrated Democrat, and radical, Rep. Omar possibly has a very weird background that might involve incest, immigration fraud via faked marriage, unlawful use of campaign funds, tax fraud, multiple marriages/relationships, and even false identities! The Party is getting so bizarre. I'm not familiar on all the tenets of Islam would all of this be covered under taqiyyah

http://www.startribune.com/state-gop-lawmaker-calling-for-ethics-probe-of-ilhan-omar/511791782/?refresh=true 

http://www.startribune.com/new-documents-revisit-questions-about-rep-ilhan-omar-s-marriage/511681362/?refresh=true

Juan

Quote from: albrecht on June 25, 2019, 07:54:56 PM
This is an odd, interesting site that, somehow, I found from a cross-post on a twitter about the hilarious parade float in some small town in God's Country of South Dakota that feature Barak Obama and Hillary in a cage and cause controversy. 

Lots of stuff here with regard to boat violations, racist banks, city disputes, blacks who are, alledgely Indian (both types) or Arabs, and how Trump is the best friend of blacks.

http://www.honestfact.com/
I like that Hillary is a White African called Canaan= Cursed White Evil Son of Ham.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on June 26, 2019, 05:34:50 PM
I like that Hillary is a White African called Canaan= Cursed White Evil Son of Ham.
The image of: 
European=Trump
Canaan=Hillary 
was funny.
Apparently there also is some kind of cursed "White Cherokees" involved. Most of the cops who shoot blacks are really "Cherokee," or something......

Jojo