Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

Juan Cena

Forest Borry?

Sounds Suspicious.

Quote from: Juan Cena on January 03, 2016, 12:16:34 AM
Forest Borry?

Sounds Suspicious.
I know, but he's more lucid in this interview than in the film.  The Nightmare is an interesting documentary; I just watched it on Netflix.  The director's take on The Shining, called Room 237, is also on Netflix (as is The Shining).  Now you know my viewing schedule for the weekend!  I'm just glad that Noory isn't doing this interview.

Faustina

Quote from: Étouffée on January 03, 2016, 12:53:59 AM
I know, but he's more lucid in this interview than in the film.  The Nightmare is an interesting documentary; I just watched it on Netflix.  The director's take on The Shining, called Room 237, is also on Netflix (as is The Shining).  Now you know my viewing schedule for the weekend!  I'm just glad that Noory isn't doing this interview.

Connie is actually doing a decent job tonight.  Last time I heard her, she was doing a lot of inappropriate laughing.  Someone must have told her to tone that down.

Doomed

Quote from: Nebraska888 on October 04, 2015, 02:32:14 PM
:) :) :) :) :).....she didn't giggle as much last night.  That was refreshing!

Who is this Connie person you speak of? Weekend host? Like Barbra Simpson used to do? Ive been out of touch.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Faustina on January 03, 2016, 01:00:08 AM
Connie is actually doing a decent job tonight.  Last time I heard her, she was doing a lot of inappropriate laughing.  Someone must have told her to tone that down.

Or told her not to smoke pot on the air.

AvDaBr

Good grief, this caller's annoying.  She has to be twirling her hair as she's talking.
Too bad the grays didn't keep her.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Doomed on January 03, 2016, 01:46:46 AM
Who is this Connie person you speak of? Weekend host? Like Barbra Simpson used to do? Ive been out of touch.

Connie is an occasional weekend host.  Initially, she was a giggling fool.  Her last few appearances on Coast have been better.  I am not a big fan, however, she is better than Noory.

I have completely stopped listening to Noory....and have gone to arcsit.com to catch lots of great past programs.  Also, Dark Matter Radio has some good programs.

Doomed

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 03, 2016, 03:41:57 PM
Connie is an occasional weekend host.  Initially, she was a giggling fool.  Her last few appearances on Coast have been better.  I am not a big fan, however, she is better than Noory.

I have completely stopped listening to Noory....and have gone to arcsit.com to catch lots of great past programs.  Also, Dark Matter Radio has some good programs.

Ah. I see. Thank you. After Bell left C2C, for the last time, I pretty much gave up on noory. Other than following the noory sucks thread here, my late night radio was a done deal. That was back in late 2012. I have had a chance to hear a couple of Arts shows on MITD, as well as a few of Heathers. Other than that, zip nada. Who does Sundays on Coast now? Knapp? I can only hope.

Morgus

Quote from: Doomed on January 03, 2016, 08:16:12 PMWho does Sundays on Coast now? Knapp? I can only hope.
Sundays is rotating host night.
First Sunday of the month is Noory, usually the last two Sundays of the month are Knapp but sometimes he is busy on assignment for his day job and then a different guest host fills in.
The second Sunday of the month is a rotating guest host.

zeebo

Ms. Connie's on tonite, with a guest who asserts "many of the stars we see are inhabited by sentient beings that are fully aware of Earth and the sometimes inept humans that inhabit it".  Haha, um I may have to listen to this.

AvDaBr

Sounds like a decent topic.  Hopefully Connie takes her Ritalin.

Quote from: zeebo on March 13, 2016, 08:44:18 PM
Ms. Connie's on tonite, with a guest who asserts "many of the stars we see are inhabited by sentient beings that are fully aware of Earth and the sometimes inept humans that inhabit it".  Haha, um I may have to listen to this.

They're probably watching this popular intergalactic reality show about us.  Enjoy your Conniepalooza, zeebo!  Cheers!

http://youtu.be/e5kW74Er_4o

zeebo

Quote from: AvDaBr on March 13, 2016, 09:47:53 PM

Maybe she sprinkles some on her pre-show nachos.

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 13, 2016, 10:30:09 PM
They're probably watching this popular intergalactic reality show about us. ...

Thanks RGG, I like that show - Good reporting!

Quote from: AvDaBr on March 13, 2016, 09:47:53 PM
======================================================================
'Allo!
with you yet an i.
i assume from yourmonicker you'r"MottaMorph",please enlighten me if this not so.
From"Goddess of Avatdabar(sp?)..
Qvestion:Are you owner of stock or trust for "Mott's Tomato Yuce",et.Al?
Do you smear Mz.Willis because you took ritalin[(C)TM.]as an school-boy?
Enquireing Mindswant to know,since Mz.Willisseems worth an defense.
"B_B"
PS:
CC:Wm/Michael Mott...
PPS:Some graphics..

AvDaBr

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on March 13, 2016, 11:54:15 PM
'Allo!
with you yet an i.
i assume from yourmonicker you'r"MottaMorph",please enlighten me if this not so.
From"Goddess of Avatdabar(sp?)..

Not so

Qvestion:Are you owner of stock or trust for "Mott's Tomato Yuce",et.Al?

No.  Haven't tasted their tomato juice to my knowledge.  Their apple sauce is good stuff though.

Do you smear Mz.Willis because you took ritalin[(C)TM.]as an school-boy?
Enquireing Mindswant to know,since Mz.Willisseems worth an defense.
"B_B"
PS:
CC:Wm/Michael Mott...
PPS:Some graphics..

Fortunately I was never exposed to it.  Ms. Willis gets perked up too often- she actually was cut off at the last break because she had one of her "spasms".  I think she's toned it down from her earlier gigs, but she still has work to do.

Cherish1123

was shocked to hear her last night. hadnt heard her in nearly a year. figured they got rid of her. i listen almost every night too. is she the least scheduled weekend host ? or just coincidence the times i dont listen she hosts ?

zeebo

I gotta admit, I kinda have a soft spot for Ms. Connie.  Ok she's a bit spacey, but, well, she just seems nice.  And she's obviously enthusiastic about hosting.  She puts in some effort on research and is appreciative of both the guests and callers.  If nothing else, just that puts her way above ol' sleepwalkin Noory.

Now, what about that guest?  First time I've heard of a Bigfoot actually following someone home to prank them (how'd he do that btw, catch a taxi from the woods or what?)

Cherish1123

its weird i had heard maybe a year ago on coast a guest tell a near identical story about a bigfoot researcher stick banging on tree then driving a great number of miles home only to hear the same sound he was making when he got to his home coming from the woods behind his house. it could of been the same guest... although i dont recall the past nights guest ever being on before ...

zeebo

Ms. Connie's in her element tonite with her fave topic ... Bigfootin'.

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on April 16, 2016, 11:02:06 PM
I haven't listened to that gal in a coon's age. But dayum, Bigfoot. Gotta give'er a go. I fergot  'bout that cute lil ol drawl she got goin' on  :)

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on April 16, 2016, 11:02:06 PM

she giggling like crazy still?

Quote from: TigerLily on April 16, 2016, 11:29:06 PM
..I fergot  'bout that cute lil ol drawl she got goin' on  :)
I kind of like when Connie goes full Loolville.

Morgus

Connie's guest fell asleep?

Quote from: Morgus on April 17, 2016, 01:40:16 AM
Connie's guest fell asleep?
Yes; for a few minutes you could hear him snoring softly into the microphone.

CornyCrow

Quote from: TigerLily on April 16, 2016, 11:29:06 PM
I haven't listened to that gal in a coon's age. But dayum, Bigfoot. Gotta give'er a go. I fergot  'bout that cute lil ol drawl she got goin' on  :)
For me, that drawl works if you have a good grasp of English usage, otherwise you sound kinda clueless.  Then, she was talking to that cowboy last night which made me feel transported to another dimension in the midWest.

Zetaspeak

So what did everybody think of playing AC/DC " You Shook Me All Night Long" bumper before Connie mentions the major Ecuador earthquake.

That bigfoot guest had a heck of a memory. He remember what color sweater he wore 50 years ago... it was red.

Juan Cena

More Bigfoot talk tonight.

Could Bigfoot be a rod?

Juan Cena

"Ron Morehead?"

I
Don't
Think
So!