• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Zimbabwe coup?

Started by albrecht, November 14, 2017, 02:58:00 PM

I suppose just another strongman will take over but maybe the new leader won't be so stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyBujpPdAGg

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 14, 2017, 07:12:21 PM
I suppose just another strongman will take over but maybe the new leader won't be so stupid.

Is there a mandate that one must dress elaborately, or in full military garb with lots of medals you've "earned," when one is a dictator, strong-man, or despot? I know there is some obscure mandate for mustaches or facial hair, and, as in cases of certain Orientals, unable to grow facial hair a "signature" hairstyle is a must.
https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/6315/production/_98756352_042997460.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41992351

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2017, 08:28:17 PM
Is there a mandate that one must dress elaborately, or in full military garb with lots of medals you've "earned," when one is a dictator, strong-man, or despot? I know there is some obscure mandate for mustaches or facial hair, and, as in cases of certain Orientals, unable to grow facial hair a "signature" hairstyle is a must.
https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/6315/production/_98756352_042997460.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41992351

Ha! Seems like it is a prerequisite for a gig like that.   I think they learn that in Despotism 101 - Intro to Dystopia

So where's Swishy?   Wasn't he supposedly a Pro-Mugabe Freedom Fighter or some shit back in the day?

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2017, 08:28:17 PM
Is there a mandate that one must dress elaborately, or in full military garb with lots of medals you've "earned," when one is a dictator, strong-man, or despot?

Their cars are fun too. Idi Amin and Pol Pot liked this one: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2553680/Rusty-Mercedes-left-rot-30-years-sells-445-000-experts-holy-grail-luxury-cars.html

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2017, 08:49:47 PM

Their cars are fun too. Idi Amin and Pol Pot liked this one: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2553680/Rusty-Mercedes-left-rot-30-years-sells-445-000-experts-holy-grail-luxury-cars.html
Those are sweet. Does anybody use editors? From that DailyMail article:
"He believes the restoration will be particularly because of the hydraulics involved." Particularly what?

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2017, 08:55:45 PM
Those are sweet. Does anybody use editors? From that DailyMail article:
"He believes the restoration will be particularly because of the hydraulics involved." Particularly what?

I've noticed a trend in some articles 5 or 6 paragraphs down it'll quote someone without any indication of who the person is. "Jones said..." and I'll be like, "wait, who?" thinking I must have missed it. Nope, just sloppy or nonexistent editing.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2017, 09:00:15 PM
I've noticed a trend in some articles 5 or 6 paragraphs down it'll quote someone without any indication of who the person is. "Jones said..." and I'll be like, "wait, who?" thinking I must have missed it. Nope, just sloppy or nonexistent editing.
I've seen various articles about out-sourcing to foreign countries and even "AI" bots writing articles. I'm guessing a combination of both for some of these "papers."

Uncle Duke

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2017, 08:49:47 PM

When the Israelis assaulted Entebbe Airport in 1976 to free the hostages, they took with them a Mercedes 600 identical to the one owned by Idi Amin.  They drove it off one of their C-130s, complete with commandos in black face disguised as Amin and his driver.  When the car pulled up to the Ugandan Army guard post, the Israelis easily shot the at attention, saluting guards using silenced handguns.  This charade allowed the Israelis to drive the car directly to the terminal building where the hostages were being held.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 14, 2017, 10:38:22 PM
... the Israelis... complete with commandos in black face...

That's wasist, waah!

Swishypants

Monitoring. It could be Grace or Mugabe pulling this shit to purge political rivals. It could be he died of natural causes. It could be the Military Generals moved to take the country. It could be a few things. The situation is fluid and it could have started as one thing and mutate into another. Hard to say at this point.

The N'debele Tribes hate the Shona and view them as a separate race. Tensions and rivalries between them have always been high. The N'debele are tall, powerful, thick boned, and keep their word. The Shona are smaller, lithe, and will befriend you to your face, then stab you in the back later. The western half of the country (N'deble territory) has a secession movement.

The Democratic Alliance (Mugabe's Political rivals) are backed by the Queen of England and have been a thorn in his side as they are the last vestige of any sort of Democracy left in that shit-hole that was once a paradise. The UK Monarchy always supported Rhodesia while the UK Government opposed it. Rhodesia was the Queens favorite place on earth and she was there quite a bit even during the Bush War. That is why Sterling himself was in-country, and why they had an SAS.

The White man will never return, but I hope for a more positive outcome for the rank n' file blacks and few remaining whites still under Mugabe's boot. The Chi-coms have an intelligence base in Mt. Darwin and are probably burning documents as we speak either way.

Contrary to popular belief, Rhodesia was less racist in its day than say the US South was. There was no Apartheid Policy in Rhodesia as there was in South Africa. Quite the opposite. Crucified on the alter of Political Correctness as an experiment for what was to later come to the USA and Europe. It was not a race war. 80% of Rhodesian Troops were black and are beloved by their white comrades in arms. It was a war between Capitalism and Communism.

Ronald Reagan himself supported Rhodesia and could have helped and probably would have, but time and money ran out, two years too early. Rhodesia never lost a single battle. Only 1500 troops on combat duty at any given time. 25,000 was propaganda to hide their small numbers. That small number kept the country free for 15 years with the entire world against them. *Salute*

https://youtu.be/EUEphhX80YU

Swishypants

Rhodesia had the most successful COIN Warfare Army in modern history. The old Troopies have been invaluable to US and UK Special Operations Troops during the GWOT. Many live in the US and are advisers. That includes Special Weapons & Tactics Cadre out of Ft. Lewis. I spent 10 years of my life with them. I hope that if for only their sakes, Mugabe is dead and something better comes to Zimbabwe so they can walk their old lands and grasp the red soil one last time before they check-out. BLOOD DIAMOND PANTS Brothers! ;)

https://youtu.be/4C8e7nNLZNs

Swishypants

Mugabe is under house arrest. The SABC is coming down like a hammer and I'll bet Zuma is next. Depoulation of non-profitable assets. The Robot Workers are ready! :)

https://youtu.be/o-mw9U5Fq4g

PLAY AT 1.5 SPEED!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Swishypants on November 15, 2017, 06:01:57 AM
Rhodesia had the most successful COIN Warfare Army in modern history. The old Troopies have been invaluable to US and UK Special Operations Troops during the GWOT. Many live in the US and are advisers. That includes Special Weapons & Tactics Cadre out of Ft. Lewis. I spent 10 years of my life with them. I hope that if for only their sakes, Mugabe is dead and something better comes to Zimbabwe so they can walk their old lands and grasp the red soil one last time before they check-out. BLOOD DIAMOND PANTS Brothers

Horse shit!

Swishypants

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on November 15, 2017, 11:18:48 AM
Horse shit!

LOL! Unlike you, none of  my life is made-up. Go be jelly somewhere else. Secret Squirrels get all the perks without any of the bullshit you had to deal with. You work hard. We walk right through the gates while they kiss our ass! Benefits of being smart! :)  Everything you worked your guts out for, is chump-change to me. I started above where you finished!

albrecht

https://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimbabwe/live-britain-urges-no-violence-in-zimbabwe-20171115
The old man is "resting" in house arrest according to criminal Zuma. Zuma should be "resting" under arrest also in my opinion.

Swishypants

Quote from: albrecht on November 15, 2017, 11:25:12 AM
https://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimbabwe/live-britain-urges-no-violence-in-zimbabwe-20171115
The old man is "resting" in house arrest according to criminal Zuma. Zuma should be "resting" under arrest also in my opinion.

The Western mining consortium AND the Chinese are in agreement that the K-Factor has cut into their profits too deeply, and the little tin-pots have to go. New mining tech is coming online and they do not need extensive road networks and human workers for it, and the post-colonial blacks never did it right and always asked for more money because of the inherent corruption in their society. This is an economic sea-change playing out. Soft-power mostly, I doubt it will get very bloody, if bloody at all. At least until it's time to kick the dumbass Whites out that keep saving the day out of self-preservation. They have to go, so the surplus population can starve itself and murder itself back into pre-colonial levels.

They thought they could get the ore at a discount after the Colonial Governments were removed. The K-Factor destroyed that cost-benefit analysis. The books are being leveled now that the Chinese have had several years of shouldering the burden. Africa is simply a mineral resources storage locker, with workers based there. Nothing more.

Those in Zimbabwe who have wearily waited for Mugabe to leave the scene for decades had to know he was going to do what he's always done -  remove a perceived successor.  Offer to share power when he has to, and get rid of him when he can.  This time around in order to leave the field open for Grace to be in position to succeed him

This is the most smoothly run coup in one of these shitholes I can remember.  This had to have been planned and fine-tuned for quite some time, while they patiently waited for the inevitble removal of  VP Emmerson Mnangagwa.

Get the family under house arrest, seize control of the government run TV station, seize control of government offices, take control of the police, set up check points and patrols, round up the president's cronies under the guise of ''corruption''.  No violence, no frantic chaos, no infighting among the military, speaking to the nation and the international community with one voice.  Calmly repeating the cover story about this not being a coup, but reigning in ''criminals surrounding Mugabe''.  Project confidence and competence.

Very well done.  They have to know there is no turning back.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Swishypants on November 15, 2017, 06:01:57 AM
Rhodesia had the most successful COIN Warfare Army in modern history. The old Troopies have been invaluable to US and UK Special Operations Troops during the GWOT. Many live in the US and are advisers. That includes Special Weapons & Tactics Cadre out of Ft. Lewis. I spent 10 years of my life with them. I hope that if for only their sakes, Mugabe is dead and something better comes to Zimbabwe so they can walk their old lands and grasp the red soil one last time before they check-out. BLOOD DIAMOND PANTS Brothers! ;)

https://youtu.be/4C8e7nNLZNs

What unit were you in? Selous Scouts? RLI?  Did you become a Froth Blower after leaving Rhodesian national service?

Swishypants

I'm an American. I only worked with Rhodesians. The PMC's.

Liaison between the PMC's and US Special Operations Forces.

Learn to fight in Africa! It will be fun! :)

I learned their languages and food and culture and they would talk to me where-as they would not anyone else. They are exceptionally clannish and do not trust outsiders. I am their friend, truly. That was my value. The military would approach them and they would field to me. So I became the portal, and my brothers and sisters there enforced that rule. Overnight 18Xray equivalent. I was just in the right place at the right time and had the family Special Operations legacy behind me. I essentially fell ass-backwards into it without even trying. However, it did a lot of good inside JSOC and made billions for the Mining Consortiums. Now I do whatever the fuck I want and life is good! Wealthy and untouchable!

A lot of Military guys are jealous of that, but they can go fuckin' pound sand! I had more positive effect in the defense of this country than they did. I win bitches! You're welcome! :)

ItsOver

Quote from: Swishypants on November 15, 2017, 12:04:03 PM
I'm an American. I only worked with Rhodesians. The PMC's.

Liaison between the PMC's and US Special Operations Forces.

Learn to fight in Africa! It will be fun! :)

I learned their languages and food and culture and they would talk to me where-as they would not anyone else. They are exceptionally clannish and do not trust outsiders. I am their friend, truly. That was my value. The military would approach them and they would field to me. So I became the portal, and my brothers and sisters there enforced that rule. Overnight 18Xray equivalent. I was just in the right place at the right time and had the family Special Operations legacy behind me. I essentially fell ass-backwards into it without even trying. However, it did a lot of good inside JSOC and made billions for the Mining Consortiums. Now I do whatever the fuck I want and life is good! Wealthy and untouchable!

A lot of Military guys are jealous of that, but they can go fuckin' pound sand! I had more positive effect in the defense of this country than they did. I win bitches! You're welcome! :)
It must have been the pants.

Swishypants

Swishypants

Stand by for Kidnostad3 Rage! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yes Kid! I'm "THE ONE." :)

Uncle Duke

https://youtu.be/DwstB5lu4BA

I worked with a Rhodesian ex-pat in the UK who claimed to have flown on this mission.  He was the right age, and he certainly knew his way around a Hunter.  He seemed stunned when I asked if he meant he'd flown on the "Green Leader" raid, and asked if I'd ever heard this song.

Swishypants

What is his name? I know them all, and they all know me. (I have the full 22 minute recording of that bombing run btw)

Swishypants

Some of you might know me from the old militaryphotos forum. The mods and Feds there used to give me a hard time and talk shitty to the Rhodesian's. I told them to all go stick it up their asses, and the Rhodesian's liked me for that. They lost their forum, and I went on to bigger and better things. Such is life! Losers! :) Does it burn that I won and you lost? I hope it does! That's what you get for being fearless and not bowing down to authority when the real Operators are around. Brown nosing low-boys. Dats why you never went to SF! They don't want suck-ups. They want fearless men who think and work fast! Breaking the rules is not only ok, it's mandatory!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Swishypants on November 15, 2017, 12:53:10 PM
What is his name? I know them all, and they all know me. (I have the full 22 minute recording of that bombing run btw)

First name was Ian.