• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ShayP

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 18, 2017, 05:57:10 AM
The usual train-wreck of an interview with Mr Lobo last night. A few items of suckery from the buffet...

Joorch mentions Psycho, and asks if it's a horror film (which is a bit like asking if The Bible is considered a religious text) and observes that Hitchcock used 'great filmography' to shoot the shower scene. Try cinematography, idiot. Hitch's filmography would be the record of films he made.

He also inexplicably asks if It is a horror film. Having been assured it's nothing else, he says SNL did a 'take-off' of It at the weekend. 'They had Hillary Clinton down there as the clown!', he chortles.  Clearly, Joorch didn't see it. The brilliant Kate McKinnon played Kellyanne Conway as Kellywise the clown who introduced her friend Hillary (also played by McKinnon), but Hillary was Hillary, down in the sewer giving away copies of What Happened, and not a clown.

'B' movies are mentioned, and Noory asks what defines a film  as an 'A' movie, or a 'B' or 'C' movie and adds, 'What do these numbers mean?'

-GNS

His interviews with Mr. Lobo are especially frustrating.  He's been a guest several times and George, of course, asks the same old questions.  Mr. Lobo does a good job of patronizing George.  I wouldn't have the patience or desire to deal with George's shtick.  Anyway...

A couple other tidbits from last night:

After Mr. Lobo tells George he's busy and working on a few things, including a Halloween special that he can't give details of because he's airing a 'not yet released' movie, what does George do?  He presses him on what it is, etc.  Mr. Lobo talks around it and says it's top secret.  After this exchange George says "So give us some tips on what you're doing?"  Huh?  I'm thinking, he just did idiot! Plus, he asked for "tips?" Huh?  Maybe Noory wanted to learn something about...never mind...he doesn't.   Mr. Lobo seemed taken back for a second but carried on like a good soldier.

Being the segment was dedicated to horror and sci-fi George challenges him with a trivia question about the movie Tombstone.  Yep.  A western.

I wish Syrett or Knapp would interview Mr. Lobo.  Oh well.

GNS

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 18, 2017, 05:57:10 AM
The usual train-wreck of an interview with Mr Lobo last night. A few items of suckery from the buffet...

'B' movies are mentioned, and Noory asks what defines a film  as an 'A' movie, or a 'B' or 'C' movie and adds, 'What do these numbers mean?'

-GNS
Ha, ha, ha!  Thanks for my Jorch laugh of the day.  Kudos to all the BG posters who subject themselves to the grueling duty of actually tuning into Jorch to capture such moronic delights.  All of you deserve the Turkee Sammich Medal of Honor, with Pizza Roll Clusters.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on October 17, 2017, 01:59:37 AM
Same shirt, same bangs, same restaurant, same week posted online, same hair loft, same wrinkles on shirt........  complexion normal.  He morphs!

Nice use of eyeliner on your eyebrows, Jorch!  Jorcha, Jorcha, Jorcha, Jorcha, Jorcha chameleon...

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ItsOver on October 18, 2017, 08:09:20 AM
Ha, ha, ha!  Thanks for my Jorch laugh of the day.  Kudos to all the BG posters who subject themselves to the grueling duty of actually tuning into Jorch to capture such moronic delights.  All of you deserve the Turkee Sammich Medal of Honor, with Pizza Roll Clusters.

I would be humbled and honoured, IO. Will The Chase be played prior to the medal ceremony? I give you due warning that, if you do, I will take a knee while it plays to protest the Suckage Of Joorch.

And I look forward to hearing Joorch introduce Glynis McCants as The Letters Lady next time she's on.

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 18, 2017, 09:39:01 AM
I would be humbled and honoured, IO. Will The Chase be played prior to the medal ceremony? I give you due warning that, if you do, I will take a knee while it plays to protest the Suckage Of Joorch.

And I look forward to hearing Joorch introduce Glynis McCants as The Letters Lady next time she's on.
He, he... why not.  I'd only suggest you simulate you're giving Jorch a knee or a punch to the kisser.  Maybe both.

diowulf

Quote from: ShayP on October 18, 2017, 07:59:31 AM
His interviews with Mr. Lobo are especially frustrating.  He's been a guest several times and George, of course, asks the same old questions.  Mr. Lobo does a good job of patronizing George.  I wouldn't have the patience or desire to deal with George's shtick.  Anyway...

A couple other tidbits from last night:

After Mr. Lobo tells George he's busy and working on a few things, including a Halloween special that he can't give details of because he's airing a 'not yet released' movie, what does George do?  He presses him on what it is, etc.  Mr. Lobo talks around it and says it's top secret.  After this exchange George says "So give us some tips on what you're doing?"  Huh?  I'm thinking, he just did idiot! Plus, he asked for "tips?" Huh?  Maybe Noory wanted to learn something about...never mind...he doesn't.   Mr. Lobo seemed taken back for a second but carried on like a good soldier.

Being the segment was dedicated to horror and sci-fi George challenges him with a trivia question about the movie Tombstone.  Yep.  A western.

I wish Syrett or Knapp would interview Mr. Lobo.  Oh well.

GNS

I picked up on a few more, the most egregious of which was George asking "Why do you do what you do?"
What??????????????
First of all, this is the 3rd interview I know of, so basically 6 hours into an interview George is asking the sort of boilerplate, softball question you might expect 10 minutes into a Larry King interview. Mr Lobo seemed confused, even repeating the question to George to make sure he heard it correctly.
Second of all, this generic, non specific question is proof that George is reading off the same set of 3x5 notecards for every guest. He just forget to [insert vocation].
Ugh Christ.

Mr. Lobo made fun of people asking him about westerns, even imitated a stupid voice. George, clearly not even listening to the story like a child distracted by a squirrel, could hardly wait for Lobo to stop talking so he could recite a line from Tombstone and try to have Lobo guess it. Again, Lobo seemed mildly perplexed.

George: " Do you like Goodfellas?"

And finally, being that master of talk radio he is, George wasted about 3 minutes of air time wondering if Ludacris was in Fast and the Furious, who wrote the theme song, how many films there were in the series, and just surfing the web while he tried to get the answers. They never figured out if Ludacris was in it or not. Riveting radio.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: diowulf on October 18, 2017, 12:32:20 PM
And finally, being that master of talk radio he is, George wasted about 3 minutes of air time wondering if Ludacris was in Fast and the Furious, who wrote the theme song, how many films there were in the series, and just surfing the web while he tried to get the answers. They never figured out if Ludacris was in it or not. Riveting radio.

He was in three of them. Also, his music was featured in the first one, which creates an in-universe paradox.

Parris001

Quote from: diowulf on October 18, 2017, 12:32:20 PM

George: " Do you like Goodfellas?"

What an idiot. I barely know Mr Lobos. I've caught him rarely from time to time. But George........... is that asswipe drunk while he's on the air? Someone mentioned 3X5 cards. That may in fact be true. The questions are just bizarre as hell.

Zetaspeak

After reading your recaps I had to listen to it to see how bad it was. Jorge was indeed that horrible 

These guys were meant to be on tonight, they were bumped 24 hours before showtime without explanation, pretty classless C2C.

http://twitter.com/truthstreamnews/status/920482142907523072

SnapT

What a horrible interview, even for George.  There was a glimmer of hope when Mr. Lobo tried to steer the conversation towards the Mandela Effect, but Noory quickly steered it away.

I think Noory is incapable of even understanding what The Mandela Effect IS.  I hate those people.

Glad others commented on the Mr Lobo trainwreck of an interview, the guy is an amiable conversationalist about a fun pop culture topic, shlock B horror/sci-fi movies. Shnorry is actually of the exact vintage for the subject matter, he grew up during the heyday of the B horror/monster movie shows on local TV. Yet like with every other subject matter he is embarrassingly ignorant, he's gone through life without any real interest or attachment to anything or anybody, he's emotionally and intellectually a very flat tire. Obtuse is a word I keep going back to when writing about Jorch. I felt bad for Mr. Lobo, it's like being trapped alone in a conversation with an old uncle or aunt who never was interesting or had much to offer even when they were younger.  I'd feel sorry for Jorch as well because he looked so sad and bad doing the interview but Jorch has zero self awareness and thought he and Mr. Lobo were having a rollicking good time. Cringe factor was off the chart for me.

The interchange that dropped my jaw even for Jorch was after another awkward pause where you know Mr Lobo is sitting at the other end of the phone silently mouthing 'what the fuck?'.  Jorch we know drops the same observations and questions on his listeners and guests all the time but seems to be totally unaware of it. He's like a primitive robot that has a glitch in its hardware that randomly retrieves something out of memory when triggered by a word or a picture or anything. So suddenly out of an awkward pause Jorch throws this old chestnut of his out:

'You know, I don't think John Wayne movies, westerns like that, or um ... Frank Sinatra movies would work today. What do yeeew think?'

WHAT THE FUCK ....... what kind of sense does this make, those movies even pre-date himself. This is like interviewing a rock and roll historian about different eras and genres of popular rock music and the current music scene and this comes out of your mouth 'You know, I don't think Doris Day or Bing Crosby with their records or um .. even a Glenn Miller would do well today. What do yeeew think?'  The response should be 'I think you're insane or just really stupid or at best high as fuck on something.'

Jojo

Quote from: SnapT on October 18, 2017, 11:41:14 PM
What a horrible interview, even for George.  There was a glimmer of hope when Mr. Lobo tried to steer the conversation towards the Mandela Effect, but Noory quickly steered it away.

I think Noory is incapable of even understanding what The Mandela Effect IS.  I hate those people.
You didnt like his interview with the lady?

ShayP

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 18, 2017, 11:34:54 PM
After reading your recaps I had to listen to it to see how bad it was. Jorge was indeed that horrible 

These guys were meant to be on tonight, they were bumped 24 hours before showtime without explanation, pretty classless C2C.

http://twitter.com/truthstreamnews/status/920482142907523072

Tommy probably figured out they would call Noory out on any bullshit.  Reading the comments on their feed was delightful.

ShayP

Quote from: Parris001 on October 18, 2017, 05:56:22 PM
What an idiot. I barely know Mr Lobos. I've caught him rarely from time to time. But George........... is that asswipe drunk while he's on the air? Someone mentioned 3X5 cards. That may in fact be true. The questions are just bizarre as hell.

Noory also claims to do about 8 hours of "show prep."  A glass of wine per hour, perhaps?  ;)

ItsOver

Just in case yeeewww were getting tired of Doc Wallet, yeeewww can listen to one of his clones tonight.

Thursday - October 19, 2017
HOST
George Noory
GUESTS
Benjamin Fuchs
First Half: Registered pharmacist, nutritionist and cosmetic chemist, Ben Fuchs shares alternative health concepts, and offers tips on supplements and healthy changes to one's diet and lifestyle.

albrecht

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on October 19, 2017, 01:32:48 AM
Glad others commented on the Mr Lobo trainwreck of an interview, the guy is an amiable conversationalist about a fun pop culture topic, shlock B horror/sci-fi movies. Shnorry is actually of the exact vintage for the subject matter, he grew up during the heyday of the B horror/monster movie shows on local TV. Yet like with every other subject matter he is embarrassingly ignorant, he's gone through life without any real interest or attachment to anything or anybody, he's emotionally and intellectually a very flat tire. Obtuse is a word I keep going back to when writing about Jorch. I felt bad for Mr. Lobo, it's like being trapped alone in a conversation with an old uncle or aunt who never was interesting or had much to offer even when they were younger.  I'd feel sorry for Jorch as well because he looked so sad and bad doing the interview but Jorch has zero self awareness and thought he and Mr. Lobo were having a rollicking good time. Cringe factor was off the chart for me.

The interchange that dropped my jaw even for Jorch was after another awkward pause where you know Mr Lobo is sitting at the other end of the phone silently mouthing 'what the fuck?'.  Jorch we know drops the same observations and questions on his listeners and guests all the time but seems to be totally unaware of it. He's like a primitive robot that has a glitch in its hardware that randomly retrieves something out of memory when triggered by a word or a picture or anything. So suddenly out of an awkward pause Jorch throws this old chestnut of his out:

'You know, I don't think John Wayne movies, westerns like that, or um ... Frank Sinatra movies would work today. What do yeeew think?'

WHAT THE FUCK ....... what kind of sense does this make, those movies even pre-date himself. This is like interviewing a rock and roll historian about different eras and genres of popular rock music and the current music scene and this comes out of your mouth 'You know, I don't think Doris Day or Bing Crosby with their records or um .. even a Glenn Miller would do well today. What do yeeew think?'  The response should be 'I think you're insane or just really stupid or at best high as fuck on something.'
Normally I can find some humor in Norry's mumbling bumbling "interviews" but the Mr.Lobo was so bad I couldn't even laugh. And Norry has had him on several times and still with the usual "how do you do what you do" and Norry wouldn't even talk about the subjects but kept bringing up movies from other genres.

The crazy thing is with every other subject Norry always references movies and tv, as if he has had no personal experiences in life except tv and movies. And yet he gets the details wrong about those movies he uses a reference points for everything in life! What a dolt.

ps: the TruthStream folks were likely too "controversial" for Norry. Could it be that PRN/iHateMedia,Inc didn't like the "Alex Jones" direction Norry steered C2C and is trying to tone it down?

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 19, 2017, 12:50:19 PM
Normally I can find some humor in Norry's mumbling bumbling "interviews" but the Mr.Lobo was so bad I couldn't even laugh. And Norry has had him on several times and still with the usual "how do you do what you do" and Norry wouldn't even talk about the subjects but kept bringing up movies from other genres.

The crazy thing is with every other subject Norry always references movies and tv, as if he has had no personal experiences in life except tv and movies. And yet he gets the details wrong about those movies he uses a reference points for everything in life! What a dolt.

ps: the TruthStream folks were likely too "controversial" for Norry. Could it be that PRN/iHateMedia,Inc didn't like the "Alex Jones" direction Norry steered C2C and is trying to tone it down?

He should have listened to his father and became a dentist.

Dyna-X

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 19, 2017, 12:58:40 PM

That would have been scary. He would have asked in school "Do teeth have a brain?" and been practicing "Whoops, pulled the wrong toofus."

ItsOver

Maybe he thinks he is a dentist and keeps confusing a broadcasting studio with a dental office.  Listening to him can be pretty damn painful. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 19, 2017, 03:41:49 PM
That would have been scary. He would have asked in school "Do teeth have a brain?" and been practicing "Whoops, pulled the wrong toofus."

Do mean babies have teeth?

136 or 142

Nori to that guest on technological change "I think so too, you can't fight technological change taking away jobs."

Nori to truck drivers "I'm against driverless trucks."

Nori's pandering to his listener base is pathetic.

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on October 19, 2017, 04:01:06 PM
Maybe he thinks he is a dentist and keeps confusing a broadcasting studio with a dental office.  Listening to him can be pretty damn painful. 

Maybe Norry was influenced, or under the influence, saw the studio equipment and went into the wrong classroom to take the class.

For comparison, look at how the mike is on that armee thing, and hangs down and you can pull on it to get in the location you want it.  You can bring it closer or further away from your mouth.  That foamee thing could be put in your mouth if you wanted to.

I'm sayin' the equipment in the studio bears some resemblance to the equipment used by a dentist on a patient in a dentist's chair.  You bring the arm closer so that you can drill teeth, work on them. 

Anyways, Norry went instead of Dentistry 101, into of Broadcast Host 101, and the rest is painful history.

Dateline

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 19, 2017, 04:01:21 PM
Do mean babies have teeth?

Good question, and for follow-up ten questions later he will insert, "Do mean babies have wisdom teeth?"  "Do you recommend a pacifier for mean babies with lots of teeth?"  "What do you think of designing a mean baby teething ring?"

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on October 19, 2017, 04:08:05 PM
Maybe Norry was influenced, or under the influence, saw the studio equipment and went into the wrong classroom to take the class.

For comparison, look at how the mike is on that armee thing, and hangs down and you can pull on it to get in the location you want it.  You can bring it closer or further away from your mouth.  That foamee thing could be put in your mouth if you wanted to.

I'm sayin' the equipment in the studio bears some resemblance to the equipment used by a dentist on a patient in a dentist's chair.  You bring the arm closer so that you can drill teeth, work on them. 

Anyways, Norry went instead of Dentistry 101, into of Broadcast Host 101, and the rest is painful history.
Maybe we're on to something.  Jorch looks like he's dressed as a dentist in the photo above.  "So, what brought yeeewww in to see me today?  Have yeeewww always wanted to have teeth?  How did yeeewww get those teeth? Do yeeeww like pain?  When you had your baby teeth, were they painful baby teeth?

Plus, Tommee would make such a cute dental hygienist.

Jojo

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 19, 2017, 03:41:49 PM
Oooo   Ooooo I can answer that.  Teeth are fed by brain tissue in the form of nerves!  Early recess!

Jojo

No.  There could be misunderstandings. 
"Nurse, scapula please.  I mean scalpel!"
"Put in a hole there, I mean molaR!"
"Step on the gas... I mean stop the laughing gas!"

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on October 19, 2017, 07:05:23 PM
No.  There could be misunderstandings. 
"Nurse, scapula please.  I mean scalpel!"
"Put in a hole there, I mean molaR!"
"Step on the gas... I mean stop the laughing gas!"

Fun fact. Number one weapon of choice for suicides by dentists is nitrous oxide.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 19, 2017, 07:09:37 PM
Fun fact. Number one weapon of choice for suicides by dentists is nitrous oxide.
Seriously?  Well, what a way to go.  The first time I had it, I couldn't stop thinking about it for days.  The second time I had it, I starting wondering how I could get into that office to get more!  So, uh, I am cut off!

Can you imagine George on laughing gas?  Someone make a non-stop recording.  I wish I knew how to do those things, splicing and cutting sounds and images to make little productions.  They just make my day.  That one NPR did in honor of Mr. Rogers a few years ago was wonderful.

Jojo

And for those who slept through the news and last night's first segment (s.e.g.m.e.n.t., ewww) Coast woke everyone up with the marching symphony song, "Symphonic Soul".  Wake up, everyone!  We don't want yew to miss our ads!!!!  Yew can sleep through content, but there is a reason the volume comes up on ads (isn't that illegal?)