• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

El Kragen

Quote from: valdez on May 14, 2011, 05:14:13 AM
    A cameo by RCH, then Loyd Pye on the star child skull thing.  I can't say that I'm too impressed by it, but Pye did do a good job at attempting to explain the complexity and gobbledygook that is DNA.

Yes, despite George interrupting him with "Let's not get too technical cause I'm trying to follow (voice trailing off)"

rkowna

Quote from: Labrador Retriever on May 13, 2011, 08:29:34 AM
I finally reached my breaking point. My stream link subscription ended this week. I decided to vote with my pocket book, and not renew.

Until Noory reduces his hours, or leaves entirely I'm going to find other outlets.

New to me is Kevin Smith (http://kevinsmithshow.com/), you can listen to his show at 10pm (EST) via the Internet. Lots of similar C2C topics, UFOs, paranormal topics.  I've only listened briefly to him. Although he is no Art Bell, he is also no George Noory... if you know what I mean.

The only solace is that I found so many people, at sites like this, who absolutely hate George Noory. That alone gave me hope in the human race.

Really starting to like Kevin Smith.  He is great if you value substance over style.  He doesn't have a flashy voice (sometimes I have to make a concerted effort to stay awake) but he asks great questions.  He lacks the air of mystery thing Art perfected but makes up for it by being a complete straight shooter.  I ended up joining his streaming thing to hear some of the archived shows.  He is very much into ancient civilizations, seems like an expert on Egypt, but just when I thought I had him pegged he had Clif High from webbot on and  allowed an unbiased look at this work.  I am going to pony up the $6.95 for a month for George  to join and email him his sign on.  He needs to hear the footsteps of the future of overnight radio. 

aldousburbank

BTW, night before last I awoke in the middle of the night, put the earbuds in, just in time to hear  numbgums spouting off about his aunt- again.  Loser!

fysisist

Here's Georgie from his C2C host pic and bio pic.  Who would have though you would need makeup for a radio show??

One of the Nighthawk zone clowns called in, and had some totally uninteresting story about how the call screener the night before asked him if he could take other calls and he said "yes, god bless you, I'm just happy to talk to George once in a while". I'm serious.

b_dubb

Quote from: fysisist on May 14, 2011, 05:14:29 PM
Here's Georgie from his C2C host pic and bio pic.  Who would have though you would need makeup for a radio show??
that's not makeup.  the supplements are working

Quote from: b_dubb on May 14, 2011, 07:10:09 PM

Haven't they figured out how to put those supplements into the freeze-dried food yet?   Maybe if I write a book about it and become a guest I'll get rich off of some frightened people............

Hey, MV!  If I'm a guest on the show and I mention CoastGab will I get $200????????? ;D

fysisist

Quote from: b_dubb on May 14, 2011, 07:10:09 PM

Undoubtedly the turmeric.

Hasn't done anything for his vacant stare, however.

Roger

One day, all of you 'Anti-Noorites' will realize that TERMERICK is the new
LDS!

Tomathy Leary used LDS so that he was able to drop out, tune in, and turn
on! He clicked his amgydalin (B18) forward!

Whay caint you dumb peaples ree-lize, that we DONT need these things!

Merely chant 'GEORGE'.  Joorge jorrge georje.

This is the wya to to inlitnment!

Harry Geerge, harry geerge, geerge gerrge harry harry!

See ya at the airport!

The General

Quote from: Roger on May 15, 2011, 01:39:16 AM
One day, all of you 'Anti-Noorites' will realize that TERMERICK is the new
LDS!

Tomathy Leary used LDS so that he was able to drop out, tune in, and turn
on! He clicked his amgydalin (B18) forward!

Whay caint you dumb peaples ree-lize, that we DONT need these things!

I didn't know Tomatohy Leary was a Mormon!

Harmness

How fucked up do you have to be to misspell "LSD?"

aldousburbank

Quote from: Harmness on May 15, 2011, 04:00:29 PM
How fucked up do you have to be to misspell "LSD?"

Yeah man, everybody knows LDS = Mormons and DSL = Getting High.  Duh!

Roger

How much ya wanna bet GN is going to cover the 'end of the whirl' next
Saturday tonight at some point?

funnier than watching a drunken monkey balancing on an orange barrel then
crashing through a window-pane while quoting joseph smith trying to
adjust his high res internets connexions.

Whew! More man!

valdez

George continues to snicker at the "may 21st" thing, and finds another reason to viciously attack science genius Stephen Hawking.  First it was because Hawkings said the universe has no need for a God, now it seems Mr. Hawking doesn't believe in life after death either, so George brings on Bruce Goldberg to confirm that not only is there an after life, but there is also a hell filled with two bit smart ass physicist.  A segment on renegade unpasteurized milk selling Amish men and the Federal agents who hunt them down like the maggots they are, then, in what probably looked good on paper, George had on paranormal guy, Paul Eno, and his 19 year old son, Brian, to talk about weird multiverse stuff, but I didn't catch much of it because I was too busy counting the number of times Brian used the word "like", and "totally", and "boner".
    Here's a Nooryism uttered tonight:  "When we come back I want to ask you what you've learned about the future, because it has a major bearing on where we're heading..."  No shit.  Mr. Hawking, you have met your match.

busted

Saffy

Hello, everyone.

Like perry, I'm also new here, but not new to the C2C community. For quite some time now I've occasionally vented my frustration over Noory's show to anyone with the patience to listen (and most of my "victims" never even listened to C2C) thus it is good to see that I'm not alone in this. When I first began reading the recent pages on this thread, I was casually slouched in my chair with the keyboard on my lap. After reading a few posts, I found myself sitting up a bit straighter. A few more posts and I was really sitting up and paying attention. Two pages later and I'm leaning toward the monitor with the keyboard back on the desk. By the time I was done, I was nodding my head in agreement without even realizing it, muttering, "Yep ... yes ... exactly ... uh huh ..." under my breath.

I now feel far more vindicated in my opinion of where the show has gone, and like some of you here, I allowed my subscription to Streamlink lapse almost a year ago. The regular guests that I loved to hear stopped appearing. The subjects that interested me the most stopped being discussed (with any regularity). And Noory's "empty suit" style of interviewing left me wanting to wrap the nearest radio antenna around his neck.

I'm not all that interested in "The End Times" because people have been blathering this nonsense for the last 2,000 years, and considering we're all still here, their predictions thus far have a 100% failure rate. Little boys and wolves come to mind here, if you know what I mean, and I stopped listening many moons ago. I'm pretty tired of fluffy shows on "consciousness" and "new states of being" and tapping into the "powers of our soul." But more than anything else, I got sick of seeing 75% of the shows being about politics, economics, terrorism, and interviews with law enforcement figures and third rate celebrities. There's a Bio channel on my television for a reason and I don't tune in to C2C to hear about the life and times of Billy Ray Bob the country singer with one song that made it to 27 on the charts. I'm not interested in an interview with a writer from The Twilight Zone and I'm not interested in hearing about arrests some FBI agent made - at least not on this show.

Now, I don't expect every C2C show to be about me and what I want, but gimme a break. Another nails-on-chalkboard irritant for me is when Noory says to a guest, "Tell us a little more about you. How did you get into this subject?" Art Bell simply rattled off the guest's credentials and dived right into the topic. Art had 5 hours of solid show and he didn't waste it with having the guest give his autobiography. Most of Noory's guests only appear for 1.5 hours and half of that is taken up with George pushing for the guest to prattle on about the banalities of his/her life.

Quote from: Sleepwalker on May 13, 2011, 03:16:14 PM
I was a Streamlink member several years ago.  At the time, your Streamlink membership included access to a forum entitled "Coastriders."

I was a member of that forum (under the same username I use here) and even remember when the forum members got together to come up with the name "Coastriders." By then, though, the show was already taking a nose dive and I logged into the forums less and less. I made a brief return just a week or two before the forums closed and read a lot of the complaints about Noory. Back then I felt bad for the guy, but I don't anymore.

Quote from: valdez on May 14, 2011, 05:14:13 AMintroduces the New Fantastic Forum (of which Noory is a member, lots of people greeting each other, then falling asleep, oh, I'll be nice, I'm sure it's a swell place, my best wishes), but still no shout-out to coastgab.

This used to piss us off on the "Coastrider" forum. Keep in mind, those of us on the "Coastrider" forum were ALL paying customers of Streamlink. We were the official Coast to Coast forum accessed right from the show's homepage. Did George ever give a "shout out" to anyone there? Not to my recollection, though it seemed he had an endless supply of shout outs for "Bad Boy" and the Fantastic Forum. George didn't even post on "Coast Riders" save for a handful of times, and if you strung everything he ever said there together, you would be hard pressed to get a single paragraph. This lack of recognition of his paying customers in favor of a free forum was the beginning stages of "Coastriders" turning on Mr. Noory.

Best wishes, all.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Saffy on May 17, 2011, 11:59:56 AM
Hello, everyone.

Like perry, I'm also new here, but not new to the C2C community. For quite some time now I've occasionally vented my frustration over Noory's show to anyone with the patience to listen (and most of my "victims" never even listened to C2C) thus it is good to see that I'm not alone in this.

Nice first post here Saffy!

aldousburbank

Quote from: valdez on May 17, 2011, 05:07:58 AM
A segment on renegade unpasteurized milk selling Amish men and the Federal agents who hunt them down like the maggots they are

Hah!  Nice one Valdez.

I liked what I heard of the father son thing, although what the hell they were going on about was way too slippery for me to remember now.  I felt like I was listening to their IMing each other or something.  But what was great was that George sounded even more brain dead than usual.  Maybe because they used the word portal so much he couldn't think of any questions.  No angels, no turmeric, no luck.  Just a dad and his kid enabling each other in some weird way in the middle of the night on a few million radios- yawn...

But I kind of liked the thing about personal parasites or whatever it was they were trying to articulate.  I've often imagined the various neurotic traits we all tend to express as analogous to malware invested in our psychological programming.  Whether we accept these alterations of our psyche may not always be of our own choosing, especially in the case of young children raised in less than positive environments.  These programming glitches seem to me, in my less linear minded moments, to manifest as a trojan horse-like, or parasitic mental/emotional inflictions on personality.  Wondering... what would Onan say to this?

IanSucks

What I find the funniest about George is he sounds like he believes the world is going to end, storms, tsunamis, etc.

Yet he is moving to Hawaii... How stupid can you be George...?!

That tells all I need to know about George.

fysisist

Quote from: IanSucks on May 17, 2011, 12:56:50 PM

The only thing of relevance about George is the fact that he sucks.  The rest of it just flows from that.

Coasted2astop

Quote from: valdez on May 14, 2011, 05:14:13 AM
    A cameo by RCH, then[..snip... introduces the New Fantastic Forum (of which Noory is a member, lots of people greeting each other, then falling asleep, oh, I'll be nice, I'm sure it's a swell place, my best wishes), but still no shout-out to coastgab.  We are obviously not playing our cards right.  Shame.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for noory to plug or wave at this board. You guys are onto him and he'd hate for word to get out there is a group so unified in our distaste in his show.

So is this new Fantastic Forum II is a partner with the old one?  I don't think so. The old board is still kicking, all things considered.

b_dubb

Quote from: IanSucks on May 17, 2011, 12:56:50 PM
What I find the funniest about George is he sounds like he believes the world is going to end, storms, tsunamis, etc.

Yet he is moving to Hawaii... How stupid can you be George...?!

George Fucking Noory: Fake Fuck

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on May 17, 2011, 05:15:31 PM
George Fucking Noory: Fake Fuck

We should start a movement to have millions of people send him ouija boards.

... or clown dolls.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Marc Knight on May 17, 2011, 05:41:55 PM

We should start a movement to have millions of people send him ouija boards.

... or clown dolls.

Or mustache trimmers...

Roger

While I found something kind of strained of that father-son dynamic,
that interview, after the kid went to bed, the old man made one
remarkable statement for a Catholic (not an exact quote, my recollection):

Maybe God doesn't know everything and needs us to help figure things out.

More than once there were references to religious training, and george
even interrupted to say something about sending both his kids to . . . ?

at which point he was himself interrupted, but I gather his 'lapsed
Catholicism' happened ere sending his kids through the parochial path . . .
yet he sounded rather proud of that.

Experience and expectations from experience especially those gained
in the formative years, both, challenge I think a host supposedly
'exploring' the unknown.

I'm NOT trying to be conspiratorial, but this man's statement would have
made Art Bell sit up in his chair the same way that Saffy said he or
she did, and that would have gone lots deeper.

'God, omnipresent, omnipotent: but not omniscient?!!! Now that is a
highly radical statement, sir, wouldn't you agree? Or do you think
maybe He (or She) isn't also everywhere and all powerful either?'

I just know Bell would at least have leaped on that one.

Like Aldous pointed out,

"Just a dad and his kid enabling each other in some weird way . . (snip)...."

something made me a little uncomfortable there . . . not exactly sure why,
I felt the interview could have had a lot more inquiry going on rather than
. . . what? a pulpit-feel?

Was it three people talking about the parochial straightjackets but some
internal conflict against such?

I don't know, the more I think about that conversation, what I heard of it,
the weirder it is to my sensibilities.  I wouldn't know anything about
their world. Being a public school mutt.

I'm trying really hard not say: 'something creepy!'

Shit, I did say it, but not as a generalization.

I was once severely rebuked by a parochial 'grad' for
calling Catholic schooling 'parochial'
without knowing anything about it.

The humor was lost.  I bit my tongue, rather than try to defend
myself against his tirade.

I freely admit I don't understand that world,
and not feeling drawn thereto, neither.

I'm going with Aldous here: yawn . . . . and maybe a tad
bit of 'ewwww'.  Luckily, nowadays I CAN say that, and
not fear being burned at the stake.

(when fingers move faster than the mind, editing is
obligatory . . . dropped a NOT.)

"Of these things: only the gods know . . . and perhaps, even
they don't know."  The Upanishads

Scully

Quote from: fysisist on May 13, 2011, 01:36:32 PM
I found a reference to this site from the_wanderer on the georges_email thread:

http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/celebritytalentbios/George-Noory

It will make you ill.  Here's the last paragraph:

"Over the Christmas season in 2003, Noory reportedly time traveled (Remote Viewed) to the past. He shared his supposed experiences on the air on January 5, 2004. He claimed to have tried to travel back to the Dark Ages and the Roswell UFO incident. He reported that the Roswell experiment was a success. Noory apparently viewed a UFO sighting at a hospital run by a convent outside of Roswell, New Mexico in the 1940s. Noory has over 30 years of broadcasting experience and has won three Emmy awards".

If in fact the clown Noory has won any Emmy awards, I could find no reference to them on the Emmy website, but who knows.  Maybe they have a category for radio cretin.  And I apologize if this is just re-hashing old news in the thread.

I have also tried to verify that Noory has ever won even one Emmy.  The website that claims this is a broker for speakers, and is obviously trying to "sell" George.  No surprise then that they may have thus embellished him as both a time traveller and an award winner.

Anyone know if there's a way to find out if someone (other than his mother) has ever actually thought he deserved an award?  :P

Roger

Why yes, ahem, I can confirm that over here in the REAL universe, alternate
to your puny universe, George has not only won three, but three billion
Emmies!

He single-handedly conquered the Kingdom of Nye, dessimated Parump, Nevada,
took over the planet eerth (sp?) then conquered the satelite called
'Hoaglandville' or meun (sp? maybe it was called 'moon') Marz and all the
other planets of your dimentia (sp? or is it dimention?)

I was at that dinner when he received his first award(s) [difficult to
say, since, he creates and then demolishes realities at a whim . . . ooops
am I talking out of school?]

BE PREPARED, EERTHLINGS!  You WILL be interested to know, soon! George
(we call him GOORGE over here) will be devoting a full week to discussing
Goorgeric (formerly called Turmeric) and the proper ways of . . . drifting
. . . . off . . . mid sente . . .n . . c . .

Uhhhum.

valdez

I didn't believe Andrew Basiago the last time he was on, and tonight I didn't find him any more credible.  He's the guy who claims the government stuck him in a time machine, along with a bunch of other kids, and sent them to different time periods for some some reason or another, back in the 1960's.  Then Micheal J. Murphy was on to talk about the most boring of all c2c subjects: chemtrails.  Ugh.
    George and Producer Tom's girlfriend's dog, Freddy.  How can we dislike this guy?  I suppose he's just doing the best he can.  Three more days until the end of he world.

Strange puppy picture.. Noory with his fancy raised eyebrow again, almost making a photo of him and a dog look smutty

anagrammy

Quote from: valdez on May 18, 2011, 04:33:22 AM

Which one is George?  The dog even has the same left eye higher than the other, plus same droopy moustache look.

Anagrammy