• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Wikileaks Megathread

Started by Gabor Sweden751110, November 19, 2010, 03:21:46 PM

albrecht

Quote from: rekcuf on July 26, 2016, 11:43:33 AM
I would understand the Putin angle, IF--the Russians had doctored the emails. Otherwise, it's pointless to complain about how you were exposed.

PS: The Dems were allegedly warned by the FBI months ago.
Just to add more to the conspiracy. Who has more to gain? If the information wasn't also taken by other hackers, the FBI, or the NSA why would Russia not keep all the emails and use them for political blackmail during future negotiations if Shrillary becomes President. More likely other hackers, or the original hacker, gave them to wikileaks--- or, to add another layer-- maybe some people in the FBI (or other agency) who is made at Clinton breaking the law and never being prosecuted released them to wikileaks to get back at her. (They couldn't do it under the law because of the corruption in the current administration so they are using the hacker world and wikileaks to punish her.)

Quote from: pyewacket on July 26, 2016, 01:03:11 PM
This is what I appreciate about Bellgab- members will provide more information to confirm or dispute the articles we post.

I remember a time when people regularly 'split their tickets' and voted for candidates of both parties because they represented similar demographic groups and issues that people cared about. Not like today with the sharp divisions and animosity that has divided us.

I did look at the link provided and have to ask if it's common for a subordinate of a candidate to solicit money from the opposition party? I was surprised at the initial story I posted and remain so after seeing the additional linked letter provided by HedgehogNorman- interesting user name BTW- is there a story to that?  :)
They weren't asking for money from the opposing party.  They were asking for money from anyone signed up for campaign emails.

I was signed up for Obama campaign crap in 2008, not because I supported him or because I was going to donate to him.  Just to see what he was sending out.

WOTR

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 26, 2016, 11:36:01 AM
Whenever MSNBC people mention the leaks, they show an image of Putin on split-screen.  They're vying with CNN to become the Clinton Ministry of Patriotic Information.
Hello president Trump.

Somebody,somewhere has a record of what was on her server (somebody hacked it.)  If they could be convinced to dump the whole file on Wikileaks 10 days before the election, it would be the end of Hillary.  Dump EVERYTHING- top secret documents, names, dates, military strategies- everything.  10 days should be enough time for people to start sorting though it and for people to get upset that her actions endangered people, international relations and the economy.

Or, they could just wait, hope that she gets elected and then start making some creative deals...  If you can buy policy for a 1 million dollar speech, can you imagine what you could get for your silence?

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 27, 2016, 12:07:35 AM
Hmm...I wonder why Putin wants Trump elected?

http://www.vocativ.com/343010/guccifer-2-0-dnc-hack/

Most likely he is against Clinton because he had to pay the Clinton Foundation a million dollars a few years ago in order for Hillary to look on Russia favorably during the Obama presidency.  The administration did for awhile then for some reason relations iced up again after Hillary stepped down.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 27, 2016, 12:07:35 AM
Hmm...I wonder why Putin wants Trump elected?

http://www.vocativ.com/343010/guccifer-2-0-dnc-hack/

Obama banned Izhmash Kalashnikov's from import by executive order and Russia sold a lot of them to us. Trump would allow them to be imported again (i hope) because America can not build a decent kalashnikov. Izhmash was renamed Kalashnikov Concern and was ready to import a lot of new models and with the stroke of a pen they were gone. Also 7n6 ammo was banned but that was done by the ATF.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 27, 2016, 12:17:42 AM
Most likely he is against Clinton because he had to pay the Clinton Foundation a million dollars a few years ago in order for Hillary to look on Russia favorably during the Obama presidency.  The administration did for awhile then for some reason relations iced up again after Hillary stepped down.

Meanwhile Trump and Putin seem to have a curious mutual admiration thing going.  Relations between the two countries have warmed up since the Cold War of course, but I think Putin is eager to engage with Trump and exploit his political naïveté. 

Lt.Uhura

Speaking of the Cold War...associating with Communists used to be such a taboo.  Like Reefer Madness, lol!

[attachment id=1 msg=870424]

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 27, 2016, 12:42:26 AM
Meanwhile Trump and Putin seem to have a curious mutual admiration thing going.  Relations between the two countries have warmed up since the Cold War of course, but I think Putin is eager to engage with Trump and exploit his political naïveté.

There is that.  Putin's ego knows no bounds.  He will likely turn the tables on Trump, given the chance.  You can't trust Vlad.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 27, 2016, 12:50:26 AM
Speaking of the Cold War...associating with Communists used to be such a taboo.  Like Reefer Madness, lol!

[attachment id=1 msg=870424]

LOL. I bought the Warner Archive DVD of that movie but haven't watched it yet.  I think that was based on the exploits of Herbert Philbrick who my Mom through her work became friendly with.  He was over to our house several times and we'd go to Washington DC to watch him speak in the 70's.  I may be mixed up about the film.  Maybe it was I led 3 lives or something like that.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 27, 2016, 12:54:47 AM
There is that.  Putin's ego knows no bounds.  He will likely turn the tables on Trump, given the chance.  You can't trust Vlad.

You seem smarter than someone who would fall for this. Doesn't it seem convenient that the Dems would wait until their convention to reveal this nefarious communist plot from a country that hasn't been communist in 25 years ONLY after they've been exposed in an actual scandal to subvert democracy? Where is all the alphabet agencies intelligence on this?!  ???

This doesn't SCREAM desperation to you?  ???

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: mikuthing01 on July 27, 2016, 12:25:22 AM
Obama banned Izhmash Kalashnikov's from import by executive order and Russia sold a lot of them to us. Trump would allow them to be imported again (i hope) because America can not build a decent kalashnikov. Izhmash was renamed Kalashnikov Concern and was ready to import a lot of new models and with the stroke of a pen they were gone. Also 7n6 ammo was banned but that was done by the ATF.

This wouldn't surprise me.  So with a Trump presidency you get more assault weapons and ammo, but no additional healthcare to treat the increased numbers of gunshot wounds. (Trauma care being among the most expensive to deliver)

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 27, 2016, 01:00:51 AM
You seem smarter than someone who would fall for this. Doesn't it seem convenient that the Dems would wait until their convention to reveal this nefarious communist plot from a country that hasn't been communist in 25 years ONLY after they've been exposed in an actual scandal to subvert democracy? Where is all the alphabet agencies intelligence on this?!  ???

commie or not who ever becomes president shouldn't be naive and fully trust putin

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 27, 2016, 12:57:43 AM
LOL. I bought the Warner Archive DVD of that movie but haven't watched it yet.  I think that was based on the exploits of Herbert Philbrick who my Mom through her work became friendly with.  He was over to our house several times and we'd go to Washington DC to watch him speak in the 70's.  I may be mixed up about the film.  Maybe it was I led 3 lives or something like that.

Oh please write up one of your excellent film reviews after you watch it, 21st!  I bet it's a hoot, lol!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on July 27, 2016, 01:07:15 AM
commie or not who ever becomes president shouldn't be naive and fully trust putin

umm...yeah...ok...but only until it's not convenient to bogeyman him anymore. When Hillary needs to shift the shadow projector to another political chess piece on the world board she'll let you know. Now go back to sleep.  ;)  :P

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 27, 2016, 12:42:26 AM

Political naïveté? The guy just gamed the system and rose to the top. Same thing Putin did. Two peas in a pod. That said, it's better than the crook the leftwing establishment conned you guys into accepting.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 27, 2016, 01:00:51 AM

Well yes, MD.  I was just trying to be a bit comforting and agreeable.  I'm not worried about Russia.  Hell, they are probably more of a capitalist country than we are now.

It is funny how the Democrats are attacking Russia now.  Where were they in 80's?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 27, 2016, 01:15:20 AM
Well yes, MD.  I was just trying to be a bit comforting and agreeable.  I'm not worried about Russia.  Hell, they are probably more of a capitalist country than we are now.

It is funny how the Democrats are attacking Russia now.  Where were they in 80's?

Cocaine.  ;)

Quote from: norland2424 on July 27, 2016, 01:07:15 AM

Right.  That was the point I was trying to make.  It's ok to be friendly but not too trusting.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 27, 2016, 01:07:21 AM
Oh please write up one of your excellent film reviews after you watch it, 21st!  I bet it's a hoot, lol!

Will do. ;)  And Thanks. :D

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 27, 2016, 01:12:18 AM
umm...yeah...ok...but only until it's not convenient to bogeyman him anymore. When Hillary needs to shift the shadow projector to another political chess piece on the world board she'll let you know. Now go back to sleep.  ;)  :P

it seems the good Dr forgot about this man.  :D

"Alexander Litvinenko was a former officer of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) and KGB, who fled from court prosecution in Russia and received political asylum in the United Kingdom.

On 1 November 2006, Litvinenko suddenly fell ill and was hospitalized. He died three weeks later, becoming the first confirmed victim of lethal polonium-210-induced acute radiation syndrome.[1] Litvinenko's allegations about the misdeeds of the FSB and his public deathbed accusations that Russian president Vladimir Putin was behind his unusual malady resulted in worldwide media coverage"

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 27, 2016, 01:13:18 AM
Political naïveté? The guy just gamed the system and rose to the top. Same thing Putin did. Two peas in a pod. That said, it's better than the crook the leftwing establishment conned you guys into accepting.

Sorry, but I'd never consider Trump to be that clever.  He's an opportunist, and his rise in the GOP was largely circumstantial--there was simply no one else. 

Dr. MD MD

Putin's just working out a grudge against Hillary for being nice and inclusive to his face while working to foment change within Russia and oust him behind his back.  ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/17/russia-reveal-identity-cia-moscow-chief

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on July 27, 2016, 01:20:41 AM
it seems the good Dr forgot about this man.  :D

"Alexander Litvinenko was a former officer of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) and KGB, who fled from court prosecution in Russia and received political asylum in the United Kingdom.

On 1 November 2006, Litvinenko suddenly fell ill and was hospitalized. He died three weeks later, becoming the first confirmed victim of lethal polonium-210-induced acute radiation syndrome.[1] Litvinenko's allegations about the misdeeds of the FSB and his public deathbed accusations that Russian president Vladimir Putin was behind his unusual malady resulted in worldwide media coverage"

It may be time for you to to start looking a little deeper than just the headlines. You think we've never done shit like that to our own people when we deemed it necessary?

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 27, 2016, 01:32:27 AM
It may be time for you to to start looking a little deeper than just the headlines. You think we've never done shit like that to our own people when we deemed it necessary?

lol every government that has ever existed on this planet has killed their own people

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 27, 2016, 01:23:37 AM
Sorry, but I'd never consider Trump to be that clever.  He's an opportunist, and his rise in the GOP was largely circumstantial--there was simply no one else.

Yeah, but that's how you become a successful politician. How did Obama do it? Same shit, different label. The best sociopathic bullshit artist always rises to the top in politics. Let's not overcook how politics works. It used to be hereditary. Then the ante was upped with democracy. That made sociopathy a qualification of office. Democracy requires bullshit artistry to manipulate people into electing you. That's all that's there. These people are not gods, they are bullshit artists. How can you watch a Hillary speech without saying to yourself "bullshit artist"? In light of that, explain to me why I should vote Hillary.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 27, 2016, 01:36:32 AM
Yeah, but that's how you become a successful politician. How did Obama do it? Same shit, different label. The best sociopathic bullshit artist always rises to the top in politics. Let's not overcook how politics works. It used to be hereditary. Then the ante was upped with democracy. That made sociopathy a qualification of office. Democracy requires bullshit artistry to manipulate people into electing you. That's all that's there. These people are not gods, they are bullshit artists. How can you watch a Hillary speech without saying to yourself "bullshit artist"? In light of that, explain to me why I should vote Hillary.

Watching Bill TRY to humanize his wife, presenting her to his party like a Hallmark card was cringe-worthy.  :o

P.S. So was most of the reaction to it from the party faithful.  ;)

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 27, 2016, 01:36:32 AM
...These people are not gods, they are bullshit artists. How can you watch a Hillary speech without saying to yourself "bullshit artist"? In light of that, explain to me why I should vote Hillary.

I can't encourage you to vote for Hillary cause I don't like her either.  But Trump is the bottom of the barrel IMO, "bullshit artist" and batshit crazy. 

Lt.Uhura

Putin is batshit crazy too. He and Trump together would create a volatile mixture of crazy. 

BTW, has anyone noticed the similarities between these two?  I like Daniel Craig as James Bond but it took me a long time to get used to him being the "good guy", he reminded me more of KGB. 

[attachment id=1 msg=870473]

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 27, 2016, 02:05:31 AM
Putin is batshit crazy too. He and Trump together would create a volatile mixture of crazy. 

BTW, has anyone noticed the similarities between these two?  I like Daniel Craig as James Bond but it took me a long time to get used to him being the "good guy", he reminded me more of KGB. 

[attachment id=1 msg=870473]

Yep, keep running around saying the sky is falling, Chicken Little. I know, I know...Hitler...nuclear weapons...people being mean to kittens... ::) :D