• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

pate

Quote from: NXOEED on July 09, 2015, 01:07:29 AM

no apologies necessary, Pate.

Still I'm messing up your art-work, so I apologize anyway!

I think this last attempt is "good enough?"  I hope so.

I think that's what I'm going to staple to the telephone poles, and I'm going to try to get two per 8.5x11 (did you know that 8.5+11=19.5? the data! heh) so I can cut them in half, my area has lots of foot traffic so a smaller flyer should work.  Maybe I'll split it between full 8.5x11 and half 8.5x11...

Seriously, that's my last photoshop "negative" attempt unless you the artist have concerns?

serenity

Sorry I'm late. Been working and busy with Grandfatherly stuff. Saucy Rossy and Jazz, you guys did great on the trailers. They are both wonderful! I'm going to kinda hate it when Art's show starts and we stop getting these great videos. Well not going to hate when MITD starts just the end (maybe not) of the videos.  And also the poster from NXOEED! Anyway great work love 'em all!
If you guys have any extra talent send some this way. If it's not an aircraft or a radio, I have none lol.

Back to the blitz!

jazmunda

Quote from: serenity on July 09, 2015, 05:32:18 AM
Sorry I'm late. Been working and busy with Grandfatherly stuff. Saucy Rossy and Jazz, you guys did great on the trailers. They are both wonderful! I'm going to kinda hate it when Art's show starts and we stop getting these great videos. Well not going to hate when MITD starts just the end (maybe not) of the videos.  And also the poster from NXOEED! Anyway great work love 'em all!
If you guys have any extra talent send some this way. If it's not an aircraft or a radio, I have none lol.

Back to the blitz!

Thanks mate. It's been a fun ride but the real party is just about to begin.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 08, 2015, 04:32:09 PM

I retweeted you.  Here's another good hashtag for The Blitz:  #radio

Thanks lady!

Chine

Out of curiosity, while on my Instagram, I checked the hashtag for Art Bell and surprisingly many are posting. I found NX on there as we use our IG for promoting our artwork.

Instagram is primarily a visual medium. Which is why many artists, photographers even filmmakers are using it. Museums (MOMA, The Met) Galleries and so on use it heavily. I read some great articles on how rapidly Instagram is used for promoting. I've actually gained new clients from them finding me on it. Even if your business is travel, cuisine, a magazine... Just upload a great photo and post with it a link, info on (event, whatever you're promoting) cute furry animals help (ha) Maybe a kitten with a tinfoil hat? I joke, but people love it. You gain many followers.

You can also upload a clip of a video on IG. I believe it only allows 15 seconds. So, I wouldn't rule it out if any of you have an IG account.,if you don't, it's easy and harmless. Easy to Navigate.

Keep in mind, this week we have SDCC. San Diego Comic Con. That's huge on IG. A friend of mine is moderating one of the panels, Music in Horror. Instagram is flooding big time with all sci fi, monster, paranormal, etc related posts. Easy to connect to with hashtags for momentum. That's a demographic suited for the show. Grab onto it.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: serenity on July 09, 2015, 05:32:18 AM

Back to the blitz!

thanks sir. Jaz and I might have to do a few after the show has been on for awhile

I tacked a note on the bulletin board in the mens locker room down at the Senior Center last night. I think it'll get some attention.

wr250

i hacked a major national network , and inserted "listen to art bell on the darkmatter digital network. http://darmatterdigitalnetwork.com for more info."  to the weekly weatheralert test. well not really but it would be cool.

NXOEED

Hello. On a bus. Bus wifi = kind of crappy so i hope this makes it through. I've got a buddy who's gonna be flyering SDCC for me. It would be rad to see others out there doing it too.

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on July 09, 2015, 02:22:10 PM
Hello. On a bus. Bus wifi = kind of crappy so i hope this makes it through. I've got a buddy who's gonna be flyering SDCC for me. It would be rad to see others out there doing it too.
NX....when you coming to Tucson? I'm going to help you down here!

NXOEED

Quote from: chefist on July 09, 2015, 02:26:20 PM
NX....when you coming to Tucson? I'm going to help you down here!

Hey buddy. That would be awesome. Just as soon as I can swing the ride (I dont drive). If it's not me personally it'll be somebody from the co-op.

NXOEED

Quote from: pate on July 09, 2015, 02:54:07 AM
Still I'm messing up your art-work, so I apologize anyway!

I think this last attempt is "good enough?"  I hope so.

I think that's what I'm going to staple to the telephone poles, and I'm going to try to get two per 8.5x11 (did you know that 8.5+11=19.5? the data! heh) so I can cut them in half, my area has lots of foot traffic so a smaller flyer should work.  Maybe I'll split it between full 8.5x11 and half 8.5x11...

Seriously, that's my last photoshop "negative" attempt unless you the artist have concerns?

nah buddy. no concerns. That image is free for whoever wants to use it.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: NXOEED on July 09, 2015, 02:22:10 PM

Wow that's awesome!!!

nbirnes

Quote from: cowspeed on July 09, 2015, 09:33:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJKvJ2Sv9G0

Very cool, cowspeed. Simple, effective, cool. Art must be so happy with all these interpretations of his body of work.

WOTR

Quote from: Étouffée on July 09, 2015, 01:48:26 AM

That's fantastic, WOTR!
Thinking that they are not going to approve it... Submitted it again.

Quote from: WOTR on July 09, 2015, 11:21:29 PM
Thinking that they are not going to approve it... Submitted it again.
Well, it is kind of a bald-faced plug!  But I've seen many comments from Tom Leykis fans touting his live-stream show and they get through.  Speaking of which, Tom basically has the same model as Art--free 3-hour live-stream show M-F, with "Premium Tom" subscriptions going for $110.00/year.  And he's reportedly doing pretty well with this.

Thanks again WOTR. The 415 Blog is pretty informative for Bay Area media fans.   I've been checking it every day for years and it only occurred to me yesterday to use it for MitD!  But that's how the Blitz works...don't overthink it.  It grows organically n' stuff.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1074681/pg1

I made the above topic at above top secret . Took me forever because you have to have 20 comments to make a topic over there. So sign up and comment, its is one of the biggest conspiracy sites out there. So it would be good publicity for Art if we keep it active.

Took care of the Huffpo with an post advertising the new show, and also on youtube, I dropped in a comment on the page of the guy who's being forced to shut down by C2C. Now normally I'd have mixed feelings about this, considering Art doesn't want piracy and these are old Dark Matter shows, but there are a lot of people who do listen to the youtube shows and they seem unaware of the new show coming up. I hope I snagged a few more listeners from both these venues.

chefist

Quote from: cowspeed on July 10, 2015, 12:31:49 PM

OMG that is hilarious! Brings back those old accusations by William Cooper that Art was at the highest level of the Freemasons and was secretly propagating misinformation. THIS PROVES IT!  :D

cowspeed

Them posters should really have a Q.R Code image on them... I don't know how to make one.

Roswells, Art

Ok, I did some internet blitz. Kind of cool, I asked if I could plug a radio show and they said, ok, sure. So I did. At least one person knew Art Bell. Yay.

GomerPile

FYI,

The other night Art's return was mentioned on Free Talk Live:

https://www.freetalklive.com/content/podcast_2015_07_07

Mark Edge had nice things to say about Art.  Its a 100% open lines show....could not hurt to have someone call this weekend and plug the show.

ziznak

on Jimmy Norton's advice show recently he was talking about great broadcasters and what qualities they had.  I was sitting here thinking he's gonna say Art Bell... he did.  I think that was last Thursdays show...

nbirnes

Quote from: cowspeed on July 10, 2015, 02:10:39 PM
Them posters should really have a Q.R Code image on them... I don't know how to make one.

http://www.qr-code-generator.com/

Also, how about Tumblr and also Disqus? Disqus has some interesting new features for group discussions.