• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: zeebo on June 26, 2015, 01:27:13 AM
No problem.  I'm already putting the word out.

I happen to know squirrels love good late night radio.  You are doing a great service, El Hefe.

Heather Wade

Quote from: nbirnes on June 26, 2015, 12:17:27 AM
You got it, sister. I will write down any brainstorms I get and we will rool the night.

We're going to blow this thing up. 

Lt.Uhura

I don't Twitter or use Reddit, but I plan to share on fb.  I notice how quickly (exponentially!) posts get shared on fb.  I have no doubt the news will spread far & wide.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on June 26, 2015, 02:38:32 AM
I don't Twitter, or use Reddit, but I plan to share on fb.  I notice how quickly (exponentially!) posts get shared on fb.  I have no doubt the news will spread far & wide.

Lt. Uhura is here, the party has officially started.  Graphics, trailers, and links posted in this thread can be shared, and very appreciated as I am not on fb.  My idea is to have you post one trailer or graphic every other day (or as often as is feasible, I know The Enterprise keeps you busy) starting July 4th - 20th.  It would be really cool to post the subscription link too:  http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/midnight-in-the-desert/

Please & Thank You.  Phasers on stun.  Battle stations.   8)

SaucyRossy

Thanks redacted for doing this!

1. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna shut myself away and lock myself to my iMac starting tomorrow and going through Monday. Plan is to finish two trailers I've been working on and do one more.

2. I'm also going to make bite size versions of those trailers, where it's just a stinger with the essential info aiming for 8-20 seconds long, maybe longer if needed.

3. This is one of my suggestions, my photoshop game isn't bad but could be better and I think it would be great to make a few "branded" MiTD banners that will be formatted for Facebook to be used as the cover and profile pics, Twitter pics, etc.

4. Last thing, Jaz or whomever else is up for this. I think we need a longer trailer that sort of explains who Art is, what the shows like, and a bit about the history of the show to inform new people. This could be done by taking bits and pieces from trailers you've already done and re-editing them into a sort of best of highlight and intro to art.

So any volunteers for helping with some of this?

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 26, 2015, 01:38:47 AM
We should tweet famous Art bell fans

@TheCrystalGayle
@willienelson   @frankiemuniz        @merlehaggard      @ericburdon             
@WilliamShatner   ( even though he is a Canadian operative)

Frankie Muniz is an Art Bell fan? Was he even out of diapers in the 90s?

Surely Art could enlist Crystal and Willie to tweet their fans.

Quote from: jazmunda on June 26, 2015, 03:54:49 AM
Frankie Muniz is an Art Bell fan? Was he even out of diapers in the 90s?

Surely Art could enlist Crystal and Willie to tweet their fans.

Yes, Art read a e-mail from him in which Muniz stated he listened in bed every night. Art then said  he wanted to interview him.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 26, 2015, 04:13:20 AM
Yes, Art read a e-mail from him in which Muniz stated he listened in bed every night. Art then said  he wanted to interview him.

Well I guess you learn something new every day. I'll go out and buy the boxset of Malcolm in the Middle to honor him.

Paradox

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 26, 2015, 03:36:47 AM
Thanks redacted for doing this!

1. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna shut myself away and lock myself to my iMac starting tomorrow and going through Monday. Plan is to finish two trailers I've been working on and do one more.

2. I'm also going to make bite size versions of those trailers, where it's just a stinger with the essential info aiming for 8-20 seconds long, maybe longer if needed.

3. This is one of my suggestions, my photoshop game isn't bad but could be better and I think it would be great to make a few "branded" MiTD banners that will be formatted for Facebook to be used as the cover and profile pics, Twitter pics, etc.

4. Last thing, Jaz or whomever else is up for this. I think we need a longer trailer that sort of explains who Art is, what the shows like, and a bit about the history of the show to inform new people. This could be done by taking bits and pieces from trailers you've already done and re-editing them into a sort of best of highlight and intro to art.

So any volunteers for helping with some of this?
Appreciate it if you would put a link here to the trailer/s you've completed.  It's/They're on youtube, right?

Lilith

Have this thread on *Notify* to make sure I get the instructions when to post what on facebook and twitter.........at attention, and standing by.  I know its not much help, but every little bit, multiplied by many people, adds up.

JokerFace

Not a game changer by any means, but I had a radio and media blog that generated decent traffic via organic search results. The blog, which is still online, is idle since the start of 2015, but I can't think of a better reason to bring it out of mothballs by writing about Art's return and how people can listen to it.

Another idea, which could get complicated as far as generating funds from the community, but doable is to pay for some Google Pay-Per-Click ads or even Facebook advertising for Art's new show. For Google, maybe promote basic keywords such as "Paranormal Radio, "Paranormal Podcasts," "Alternative Talk Radio," etc.

Quote from: Blowtorch on June 26, 2015, 07:29:45 AM
Not a game changer by any means, but I had a radio and media blog that generated decent traffic via organic search results. The blog, which is still online, is idle since the start of 2015, but I can't think of a better reason to bring it out of mothballs by writing about Art's return and how people can listen to it.

Another idea, which could get complicated as far as generating funds from the community, but doable is to pay for some Google Pay-Per-Click ads or even Facebook advertising for Art's new show. For Google, maybe promote basic keywords such as "Paranormal Radio, "Paranormal Podcasts," "Alternative Talk Radio," etc.
Tune in some times does notifications. It'd be great to get one of those July 20th. Everyone with tune in and with notifications on would see the message.

JokerFace

I'm a graphic designer, so any additional Photoshop work that might be necessary, please feel free to PM me.

Saw this on FB today. Reminded me of Art, and BG. Wonder how hard it is to make decals. I'd buy rock an Art Bell decal.

Cross promotion is underway, hopefully will be back to report good news.

Regarding FB/Twitter that graphic Jaz shared was informative. Also, wouldn't hurt to have our own "bots"... I have 2 Art Bell fans on FB, need more.

I'd like to offer my facebook friendship to anyone here, to be an official like/comment guy on your Art Bell posts. Popularity sells. I can offer such comments as "Really cool trailer, I don't know who Art is, but I'll listen now" or "So many people talking about this Art Bell guy, really need to check him out".

https://www.facebook.com/ryangbentz

BobGrau

Quote from: ASC on June 26, 2015, 09:25:28 AM
...I can offer such comments as "Really cool trailer, I don't know who Art is, but I'll listen now" or "So many people talking about this Art Bell guy, really need to check him out".

Nothing personal ASC, but please don't do that. It's called Astroturfing, and it's a very noory way to do business.

Quote from: BobGrau on June 26, 2015, 10:13:41 AM

Nothing personal ASC, but please don't do that. It's called Astroturfing, and it's a very noory way to do business.

ok no problem, but I can't edit the post anymore... ohhhh the humanity my fb page is now public for the rest of existence...

- ASC , the reformed astroturfer.

blitzer850

This is awesome Redacted,
  I have around 1k followers on twitter, not a whole lot but a few followers that will help get the word out. Theodus Crane was one & about 10 more that would be a positive advertisement.
Nothing special just let them have the youtube link to the trailers & the return of the greatest paranormal radio host ever..  So yeah, nothing special.. yippee!

BobGrau

Quote from: ASC on June 26, 2015, 10:29:26 AM
ok no problem, but I can't edit the post anymore... ohhhh the humanity my fb page is now public for the rest of existence...

- ASC , the reformed astroturfer.

It's just something I've long had a pet peeve with, my views in no way represent those of the Blitz High Command.

Kolchak

I've got about 7500 Twitter followers. I'll be checking back and periodically tweeting out links and videos as the show approaches.

starrmtn001

I really wish I was tech savvy, but I'm not.  However I can still spread the Blitz Word on Facebook, Twitter, and forums.  If I'm not a member of some popular forum, I'll Join just to Blitz the good news.  ;D

Heather Wade

Quote from: BobGrau on June 26, 2015, 12:06:06 PM

It's just something I've long had a pet peeve with, my views in no way represent those of the Blitz High Command.

No, we have to keep some sort of integrity.  Blitz High Command wants to keep it classy.  Tweets, posts, sure, but if we do this right, there will be no need for astroturf. 

Quote from: Kolchak on June 26, 2015, 12:31:52 PM
I've got about 7500 Twitter followers. I'll be checking back and periodically tweeting out links and videos as the show approaches.

Kolchak!  That kicks ass... You can use any links, trailers, or graphics that are posted in this thread.  I have gotten permission from those talented BellGabbers, and I'd like to include the subscription link when you can as well.  Our combined effort is what is going to make this work.  So cool of you!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 26, 2015, 02:01:34 PM
I really wish I was tech savvy, but I'm not.  However I can still spread the Blitz Word on Facebook, Twitter, and forums.  If I'm not a member of some popular forum, I'll Join just to Blitz the good news.  ;D

Thank you starrmtn001!  We want to start on July 4th and continue to the 20th.  Your help is does count, tech skills or not.  If everyone puts in a post here, a link there, and strategic tweets... this could make more of an impact than we think.

Heather Wade

Quote from: blitzer850 on June 26, 2015, 11:23:35 AM
This is awesome Redacted,
  I have around 1k followers on twitter, not a whole lot but a few followers that will help get the word out. Theodus Crane was one & about 10 more that would be a positive advertisement.
Nothing special just let them have the youtube link to the trailers & the return of the greatest paranormal radio host ever..  So yeah, nothing special.. yippee!

Wouldn't be a Blitz without the blitzer.  Rock n roll, man!

Ms. C

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 26, 2015, 02:01:34 PM

and I am tech 'savvy' ... but I'm only on Facebook .... (decided I didn't want another social media thingy = twitter) -- will put the info slowly day by day after 7-4 on my Facebook ... and anything I can do .... please let me know .... (I think most of my Art Bell friends were from Colorado in the 90s ... and unfortunately, the ones who turned me on to Art Bell have crossed over .... (RIP Nan) --

Man pimping Art Bell to radio stations is like selling weed around a high school. Got back a couple replies so far and just about all of them said they were interested and will pursue it. Also most of the program directors said they were fans of Art and were excited to know he's coming back.

Seriously, if everyone takes just a few minutes and send a nice e-mail to the programming directors of their local radio stations asking them to look into carrying Art's show, it seems to have some pretty good results.

All you got to do is write up a nice letter
go to this website http://radio-locator.com/
Find local stations with a format that would fit Art
E-Mail them your letter
BOOM! You just struck a blow for truth, justice and the American way.

chefist

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 26, 2015, 02:37:50 PM

BOOM! You just struck a blow for truth, justice and the American way.

All good stuff...and they more people they get inquiring the better! So, we have a great link to where you can find stations in your area.  I will work on getting a form letter that we can all use for submission.  We need to know out at least one top tier station for Art folks! Then domino time!

SredniVashtar

I am all in favour of spreading the Truth and the Light, but what do you do if you talk to a radio station and they say, 'yeah, like he is gonna last a few weeks and then bounce, like he did the last time'?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I am sure that people in management might be wary of committing themselves to a man who has had a bit of a history in the past for not sticking around too long, for various reasons. I think we need to be able to spin that side of things a bit. Other than that it is a win for all concerned, but there is always going to be that issue lurking in the background.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 26, 2015, 02:48:22 PM
I am all in favour of spreading the Truth and the Light, but what do you do if you talk to a radio station and they say, 'yeah, like he is gonna last a few weeks and then bounce, like he did the last time'?

That was the exact response I got from an iheartmedia run station in Sacramento. But a couple "we've heard"  from others. Numbers game.

SaucyRossy

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I am sure that people in management might be wary of committing themselves to a man who has had a bit of a history in the past for not sticking around too long, for various reasons. I think we need to be able to spin that side of things a bit. Other than that it is a win for all concerned, but there is always going to be that issue lurking in the background.

You say, you get to carry his show for free, for FREE and can sell the spots you have time for at a premium with no overhead and it's pure profit.

Most stations have nothing good on that time of night, they'd be dumb not to just see what happens and broadcast art.

However, radio stations are the past, the present is getting people to go to art bell.com and sign up or at least listen live.

MV/Liberace!

My reply would be, "Yeah, sure, Art did quit his show in the past, just as lots of people quit their jobs for lots of reasons every day.  And it's true, nobody knows how long Art's going to be around this time, but what everybody does know is that the stations who carry Midnight In The Desert will be carrying absolutely the best product late night radio has to offer.  You can keep shoveling safe mediocrity in the overnight or take a chance on something you already know will be a superior product."

or something like that.