• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 28, 2016, 09:22:14 PM
Art, you may find this article of interest.

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/01/zika-outbreak-epicenter-in-same-area-where-gm-mosquitoes-were-released-in-2015.html

Oh boy! What a mess! Why is it that so many scientists can't seem to think more than one or two chess moves ahead?! I think the most promising field of study here is going to be examining the world of microbes and how they interact with life for Ill and good. We just don't have enough of a handle on the complexity of all that yet as evidenced from this article. It's, of course, dependent upon whether our species survives long enough to figure this out.  ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 28, 2016, 03:40:16 PM
I'll not be gracing your rumpus room for a second time. You'll recall the first "tryst" which was initiated by me saying: "If I were a woman, I wouldn't touch you with a pair of pliers" to which you replied "You're not a woman" and then the whole thing suddenly seemed logical. But in hindsight it was a farce, especially when the table broke.

YOu have to use this in one of your books.  Somehow, someway.

munbeam666

The myth that Trump would be good for the economy because he's currently rich is chilling: the guy has filed for bankruptcy four times since 1991.  The guy's a bellowing, petulant, insipid infant with an ego bigger than his hair - like a louder, dumber, meaner version of GW Bush, but without the cunning malevolent handlers.  And his Wild West style of incendiary hate speech would go over like the Hindenburg in Middle East negotiations.  If we earnestly want to see WWIII erupt in the next four years, Trump is our best shot at getting it.

I wouldn't trust that guy to run a car wash, let alone the most powerful nation on Earth.
[/quote]
Yes. BTW, Trump is connected with organized crime

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 28, 2016, 04:07:27 PM
What's weird is that people don't seem to get that. Family comes first, it's very simple. I sometimes think Bellgab is largely populated with bitter divorcees.
Or jealous fags.

Anyone but Sanders.

Sean92008

Art,

You're a pussy.

If Bill Wyman wants back in the Stones, fuck him...  He quit and wasn't even the best bass player in the band.  Art, you had a great thing and you've quit.  Buh-bye. 

You...  Well, something's up and it's not right.  Either you are being honest or dishonest.  If you're being honest, I'd highly recommend you seek professional medical help.  At your age, who knows what lurks beneath the bag.

As for you and Heather's stories not meshing, listen to her last Gabcast and read what you've posted since then.  Contradictory stuff there.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Segundus on January 28, 2016, 09:18:31 PM
Good thinking, Batman.

I saw some programs (NOVA and some others) on TV about this. Researchers are looking in all kinds of strange places in nature for new antibiotics. The drug companies will swoop in when something useful is found. And they are probably financing at least some of these researchers.

The big problem is really the overuse and misuse of antibiotics leading to the drug-resistant bugs. Which means that there are a lot of different people responsible for this race between the researchers and the superbugs. Especially in the Third World.

akwilly

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 28, 2016, 09:37:36 PM
Or jealous fags.
them things are more violent than a wounded badger

paladin1991

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 28, 2016, 04:07:57 PM
*snip*

Where the fuck is your thread?  I know it's around here somewhere.  Probably left your meds there.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Auslandia on January 28, 2016, 07:58:03 PM
Well, we don't really know  exactly what's happening now do we? I'm not Art Bell and neither are you. Neither of us live in his house nor do we know WTF is going on. Sometimes you don't know what you don't know and it's as simple as that. You can speculate all you want.  I'm just saying that if someone threatened my family and told me not to go into work I would probably stay at home.
I would hire folks, at my age, to get the guy and take care of him.  I would carry a gun and request that my wife do so.  You can't give in to bullies.  It just emboldens them.     

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on January 28, 2016, 04:38:38 PM
Let me repeat I am not going into what is currently being done for security but it is a lot, because I am not employing your Brother in Law or whatever does not mean things are not being done.

Art

Yeah, let me know if you need me.  I'll just be over here.  Sucking on a Scotch.  Contemplating my navel.  Unless you call.  If you need me. 

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 28, 2016, 09:39:25 PM
Art,

You're a pussy.

If Bill Wyman wants back in the Stones, fuck him...  He quit and wasn't even the best bass player in the band.

You...  Well, something's up and it's not right.  Either you are being honest or dishonest.  If you're being honest, I'd highly recommend you seek professional medical help.  At your age, who knows what lurks beneath the bag.

As for you and Heather's stories not meshing, listen to her last Gabcast and read what you've posted since then.  Contradictory stuff there.

His version of reality isn't meshing with what other people have said on here. I won't say he's lying through his teeth about some things out of respect but it's odoriferous. But I think people are sick of talking about it and now we're on banal shit waiting for the GabCast which will be a disappointment. Then ease back into the strange cult like vibes around here, Heather crashes the show into the side of a mountain and we all move on with our life. Notice how Art created the narrative and shifted away from the bullshit?

akwilly

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 28, 2016, 09:42:04 PM
Where the fuck is your thread?  I know it's around here somewhere.  Probably left your meds there.
why don't you take over his thread and rename it the general fidgetry of paladin

Auslandia

Quote from: akwilly on January 28, 2016, 09:41:38 PM
them things are more violent than a wounded badger

Honey badger don't give a fuck

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 28, 2016, 09:39:25 PM
Art,

You're a pussy.

If Bill Wyman wants back in the Stones, fuck him...  He quit and wasn't even the best bass player in the band.  Art, you had a great thing and you've quit.  Buh-bye. 

If Art is a pussy then we want some pussy. Come back Art.

Insert link to YouTube 2livecrew video here.

Quote from: ChrisOC714 on January 28, 2016, 08:40:13 PM
Hello Art, this is Chris from Orange County, I just joined BellGab after lurking for many years. I first heard you on the radio in late 1995 on my old Sony Walkman, I think I picked you up from a Houston AM station back then. My questions for you are as follows:
1. When did you become interested in the human abduction/missing time topic? The first time I heard about it was on a commuter train of all places in 1988.
2. What was the fondest memory of the show that you have? For me, it was Father Martin and the shows about science/physics.
3. When MITD started in July, a gentleman came on the air with you and he talked about stories about him assisting with abductions, will this guy eventually be a guest with Heather? I really want to hear more about his story.
4. What was the most beautiful place that you ever visited? I liked hearing your travel stories and explaining what you learned by visiting other countries.

Thanks for posting again Art, I am so glad to hear from you again and of course, praise MV.
Finally, someone takes the gloves off and asks the hard hitting questions Bellgab has been demanding answers to.  I nominate Chris from the OC as Gabcast co-host - with Noory, of course - so we can finally get to the bottom of this nonsense.  Can we also get Chronaut and Hobo as call screeners to ensure that the lines aren't overwhelmed with MITD fluffers?

Sean92008

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 28, 2016, 09:39:34 PM
The big problem is really the overuse and misuse of antibiotics leading to the drug-resistant bugs. Which means that there are a lot of different people responsible for this race between the researchers and the superbugs. Especially in the Third World.

Damn Filipinos take antibiotics like candy...  In Mexico, an ex-GF said you only had to ask the pharmacist for them...  Maybe drug makers should put tracer elements in the drugs for two purposes:  To see whose medical system is abusing it and to cause a side effect that makes taking them unpleasant to discourage overuse.

Donald Noory

I think Art should run for president. He can pick Sarah Palin as his V.P. It can be known as the "quitter's ticket." Who knows how long they would both hang around in office and do their job, however.

Chronaut

Quote from: Segundus on January 28, 2016, 09:26:53 PM
Oh, do I so agree that our elections could be publicly funded.  Campaigns could be of a shorter duration.  We still have 'public' airwaves and one of the conditions of a license could be time dedicated to campaigning.  It can be done. 

My numbers are probably off a bit, but I read that in the 1940's we had a law that limited salary increases to a percentage of the profits of a company.  Then, the CEO made about 45 times the income of the average employee.  That law was done away with and salaries of the guys on top have progressed so that the difference is now over 800 time the income of the average worker. 

A democracy cannot stand without a strong middle class - or if the press is controlled, but that's another story.

One major problem was discovered in a psychology study which showed that the more insecure people feel about the economy and their personal safety, the more they side with people they see as "strong" - the rich and the powerful.  And naturally, the rich and the powerful want to be richer and more powerful, so they cut their own taxes and public support programs and vote for laws that expand their wealth and power...at the cost of everyone else.  So it's a vicious downward spiral, which accelerates the collapse of a civilization.  It looks to me like it'll end in civil war, like it did in France, with a proletariat that's so pissed off that they won't stop until heads are rolling.  But it could go the other way, and the US could finally shake off the last veneer of our founding principles, and just become a new plutocratic/corporate tyranny operating along the lines of the TPP and similar multinational laws created to subvert those pesky national sovereignty issues that obstruct corporate profiteering.

By the way, CEOs score four times higher on psychopathy tests than average people:  http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2011/06/14/why-some-psychopaths-make-great-ceos/#41bc7f874fac

So we're a civilization run by psychopaths, which rewards psychopathic behavior with wealth and power, which they use to buy entire networks to sell us their message that greed is good, and human compassion and understanding is for the weak.  They're literally shaping the world into a "psychopath's heaven," which just happens to be a living hell for human beings with a soul/conscience.

Donald Noory

Actually I'm hoping Jorch finally fulfills his promise, and throws his wig into the race. He would be the perfect V.P. for Trump. It could be called the "dumb and dumber" ticket. Or the "what sort of creature is that on their head?" ticket.

Sean92008

Quote from: Donald Noory on January 28, 2016, 09:49:44 PM
I think Art should run for president. He can pick Sarah Palin as his V.P. It can be known as the "quitter's ticket." Who knows how long they would both hang around in office and do their job, however.

Roberto Duran can be his minister of quitting.

Yeah, that's a now-obscure reference.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 28, 2016, 09:49:39 PM
Damn Filipinos take antibiotics like candy...  In Mexico, an ex-GF said you only had to ask the pharmacist for them...  Maybe drug makers should put tracer elements in the drugs for two purposes:  To see whose medical system is abusing it and to cause a side effect that makes taking them unpleasant to discourage overuse.

In Mexico you don't even have to ask. You can buy them off the shelf. They sell cipro in the airports.

albrecht

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 28, 2016, 09:49:39 PM
Yep, there are nice things about La Pharmacia, and elsewhere, in Ol' Mex but the antibiotic thing is a big issue I think. You can buy them almost anywhere without a prescription (or even buying those fake prescriptions that one must buy for some other things there.) I had a friend who would pop them like candy- "just in case" if he thought he was getting a cold- (not even if he was partaking of other amusements in Ol' Mex.) A dangerous practice, especially society-wide. On the flip-side it was like pulling teeth to get antibiotics (even when I thought I needed them for a sinus infection) in places like Holland, Germany, etc. Over in Europe they were very adverse, more than the US for use, to prescribe anti-biotics because they already have figured out the danger. The consumer orientated medicine has dangers, especially in this regard.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Chronaut on January 28, 2016, 09:25:00 PM
I remember hearing about cultivated pancreatic cells back in the 90's, then...nothing.  I read an article a couple of years ago about French researchers who had healed damaged rat hearts (to simulate damage from a heart attack) with stem cells - turns out, the pluropotent cells were triggered to become heart muscle cells by the body's own chemical signals, so no programming was even required.  We can even clone the specific adult stem cells of your body so they can effect all kinds of repairs without risk of rejection.  So where is the clinical application?  Stonewalled by Big Pharm and their sock puppets at the FDA, I reckon.

In some ways, it pays to be a rat. Medical researchers have cured diabetes in rats I don't know how many times -- but the same cures have failed with humans. Other diseases too are easier to cure in rats. Those damn humans, they're so complicated.

Chronaut

Quote from: munbeam666 on January 28, 2016, 09:37:15 PM
Yes. BTW, Trump is connected with organized crime

I hadn't heard about that, but now that you mention it I'm surprised that I haven't heard him say "bada-boom, bada-bing!" because he articulates everything he says as if that's what he's saying.

Quote from: coaster on January 28, 2016, 08:41:13 PM
When asked about his foreign policy and his views on the various terror groups, Donald Trump said he didn't know anything about them and that he would "learn when he was in the White House". He said he would learn on his first day. I have no confidence in someone who wants to be a politician and yet knows nothing about politics. He is a dumbass and would be a disaster. The fact that Sarah Palin endorsed him scares me even more. What scares me the most is that so many Americans actually want him to be President. I guess people just stopped caring.

Have you been paying to Obama's worldview?  Better to admit not knowing, be briefed by experts, and make decisions based on consensus and common sense, than be guided by blind ideology. 

Which of our recent past presidents would you say were experts on foreign policy before taking office?  Or those running now?  What were Hilary's' accomplishments as Sec State?  I'm not sure any governor or most Senators know much about foreign policy either, it's just that they pretend to - you know, for 'politics'.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 09:52:11 PM
In Mexico you don't even have to ask. You can buy them off the shelf. They sell cipro in the airports.

Mexico sucks... Oh, they have militarized their southern border too.

paladin1991

Quote from: littlechris on January 28, 2016, 08:14:17 PM
Art , if you have installed cameras at your compound, you should live stream them to the internet so your fans can be on the lookout and watch it live. Would be fun.

Hell yeah!  Charge 2 bux a month.  That'll subsidize some of your expenditures. 

Chronaut

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 28, 2016, 09:53:59 PM
In some ways, it pays to be a rat. Medical researchers have cured diabetes in rats I don't know how many times -- but the same cures have failed with humans. Other diseases too are easier to cure in rats. Those damn humans, they're so complicated.

Maybe if we spent 1/10th the money that we spend on slaughtering brown people, on medical research to support the health of our own citizens, we could see regenerative medicine in the hospitals before our grandchildren march us into hospices.

Donald Noory

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 28, 2016, 09:49:33 PM
Finally, someone takes the gloves off and asks the hard hitting questions Bellgab has been demanding answers to.  I nominate Chris from the OC as Gabcast co-host - with Noory, of course - so we can finally get to the bottom of this nonsense.  Can we also get Chronaut and Hobo as call screeners to ensure that the lines aren't overwhelmed with MITD fluffers?

He forgot to ask what Art's favorite color is.