• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mardis Gras

Started by albrecht, February 13, 2018, 11:12:38 PM

albrecht

Happy Mardis Gras BG's! Also known by other things, in various countries, regions, etc. Subdued here, cold (relatively) n drizzle. Lent begins tomorrow so folks "celebrate." (What to give up, if you are into that?" Pick something you don't like, I say. Haha. C2C had some guest once who had "haunted stories" in NOLA and I chuckled about that many, could be explained away, I think. I've had, in past years of course, "missing time," "strange encounters," "unexplained injuries ," even  "ghostly visions," etc in that city. Of course, booze and what-not, couldn't be an explanation...Nah .has to be a haunted city and voodoo! Hope "Corny" is "Laissez les bons temps rouler" and does well in his election race.

I enjoyed a Voodoo Shrimp Po'Boy today, and it was practically a religious experience; like a slightly-late epiphany.

ItsOver

It must be nice to be Tilman Fertitta.

https://www.papercitymag.com/society/mardi-gras-galveston-topless-waiters-stripping-queen-billionaire-tilman-fertitta/

"The surprise entertainment of the night was Blondie, starring Debbie Harry who partied like it was 1975 all over again. “Heart of Glass,” anyone?"