• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Heather Wade

The fact that Danzig did such a shitty job covering Some Velvet Morning.  C'mon Glenn, get it together and re-do the song.  FFs, what is the world coming to??  And find a better Phaedra.  Amy Lee would do an incredible Phaedra.  If you can't do such a song right, Mr. Danzig, then what the fuck?!?  We get this crap from the man who once brought us How The Gods Kill?!?

You phoned it in Danzig.  Been bugging me since I heard it.  Once.  Won't torture myself again until you get into the corner and think about what you've done, Glenn.  Don't make me spank you in front of the whole class.  Oh, and tell Eerie and John I said hi.  And then slap them for not insisting on a do-over.  Sheesh.  Get some polish on, dude.  Is that too much to ask?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Cynnie on November 26, 2013, 08:39:09 PM
Whoa ! What happened ? Redacted you're awesome

Actually, that original hissy fit post was directed at one person and one person only.  It was the only way to get my point across.  That person knows who he is.  It was uncool of me, I know; felt a layer of my class being stripped off as I typed it.  (It did annoy me, though, so, at least it was posted in the right place.)

All I can say is, it won't happen again, and I am shocked that that many people are reading the stuff I write.  This will be firmly kept in mind in the future. 

You know what annoys me?  The increase of spam in my inbox because "black Friday" is coming up.  Oh yeah, when I am having my well earned 9 hours of peace on Thanksgiving, the first thing that comes to mind after fighting the public to buy my *perfect* dinner... is to go shopping again.   

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 26, 2013, 11:03:14 PM
I haven't seen the movie yet but should, I am sure... I hear nothing but praise for it, and the title keeps crossing my path, so it seems that perhaps the cosmos are trying to tell me something.

Absholutely. There are no coinshidences.  ;)

I am SO afraid that the next time I hear Michael Fucking Bolton's Fucking Christmas Fucking Honda FUCKING Commercial...I may do physical harm to ANYONE STANDING WITHIN FUCKING REACH!!!

AAAaaaarrrrrrggggggg, there it IS AGAIN!!      >:(

Is it December yet?

Hey, (Red)!!  Good to see you.   :)

Quote from: Treading Water on November 27, 2013, 05:52:14 AM
I am SO afraid that the next time I hear Michael Fucking Bolton's Fucking Christmas Fucking Honda FUCKING Commercial...I may do physical harm to ANYONE STANDING WITHIN FUCKING REACH!!!

Is it December yet?

Maybe we need a most-hated Christmas song thread!  There's a bunch I'm sick of, but in particular something about Frosty the Snowman annoys me.  And I must be a horrible, horrible person, because if I never hear the Charlie Brown Christmas song again (a maudlin little piece), that'll be fine by me.

I could drop kick 'Frosty' and that other maudlinissimo song about Momma's Christmas shoes right into the stratosphere.

Heather Wade

Is it December yet?

Christmas music has always seemed kinda creepy to me.

McPhallus

Quote from: ItsOver on November 26, 2013, 02:23:21 PM
A lot of us miss Eddie.  I was very sorry to see his relationship here fall apart.  Sardondi hasn't been posting much, either.  Those two made a good pair.  They gave the site a needed "edge."  The AB quits thread keeps deteriorating into an elementary school playground.

At times it's even worse... Almost like a mental ward.

I don't think MV has commented publicly on the whole eddie thing, so it's hard to know what his position is.  And hard to know if eddie even wants to come back. Care to comment, MV?

McPhallus

Ditto.  Glad I'm not the only one who thinks his voice is shit.

Is it December yet?

Heather Wade

Quote from: McPhallus on November 27, 2013, 01:47:57 PM

When I am unfortunate enough to see a photo of Michael Bolton, I just want to cut his hair off in his sleep.

aldousburbank

Quote from: McPhallus on November 27, 2013, 01:47:57 PM

Falkie2013

Quote from: zeebo on November 25, 2013, 10:27:34 PM
How about people who refer to Google as something that's like somehow in their computer, as in "Come over here and fix my Google!"

I can just imagine the commercials for nostrums offering to fix your low google levels so you can have better sex.
Or to fix your dangling google problem.
Like a dangling participle but a million times worse.
Maybe even a googleplex times worse.

Falkie2013

Quote from: ItsOver on November 26, 2013, 05:54:17 PM
Ah, if only. 

[attachimg=1]

In his never ending quest to self promote and make even more bucks, the $noore will soon have his own health care plan site up and running to provide care under Obamacare.
Esucks.com

Juan

The little fucking drummer boy. Ta-ta-ta-tum.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Juan on November 27, 2013, 03:42:03 PM
The little fucking drummer boy. Ta-ta-ta-tum.

...and a wise man once said, "God damn ye merry gentlemen."

Imconfused

Quote from: McPhallus on November 27, 2013, 01:46:36 PM
At times it's even worse... Almost like a mental ward.

I don't think MV has commented publicly on the whole eddie thing, so it's hard to know what his position is.  And hard to know if eddie even wants to come back. Care to comment, MV?

I also would be very interested in MV's position in the EddieCoyleGate.

onan

Quote from: McPhallus on November 27, 2013, 01:46:36 PM

Quote from: Imconfused on November 27, 2013, 03:50:09 PM

I also would be very interested in MV's position in the EddieCoyleGate.

MV seems to be pretty tight lipped about things of this nature. I am glad he is. It is my guess, and that is all it is, that Eddie could come back if and when he wants. I think Eddie may want some distance; at least for a while. Then again just a guess. And I miss him too.

I second everything you just said, Onan.  Come back, Eddie!

bateman

Coffee makes me jittery. All it takes is 2-3 cups to turn me into Tweek from South Park.

Heather Wade

Quote from: bateman on November 27, 2013, 04:34:55 PM
Coffee makes me jittery. All it takes is 2-3 cups to turn me into Tweek from South Park.

Runnin' on heavy fuel, man.  Heavy fuel.  I thought coffee was a food group?  No?  Dangit.  Next, you're going to tell me nicotine isn't on the food pyramid either. 

BobGrau

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 27, 2013, 01:16:18 AM
The fact that Danzig did such a shitty job covering Some Velvet Morning.  C'mon Glenn, get it together and re-do the song.  FFs, what is the world coming to??  And find a better Phaedra.  Amy Lee would do an incredible Phaedra.  If you can't do such a song right, Mr. Danzig, then what the fuck?!?  We get this crap from the man who once brought us How The Gods Kill?!?

You phoned it in Danzig.  Been bugging me since I heard it.  Once.  Won't torture myself again until you get into the corner and think about what you've done, Glenn.  Don't make me spank you in front of the whole class.  Oh, and tell Eerie and John I said hi.  And then slap them for not insisting on a do-over.  Sheesh.  Get some polish on, dude.  Is that too much to ask?

The Primal Scream version evokes a similar response. I suspect it may be 'uncoverable', whatever that might mean. But that doesn't excuse a lack of effort.

Little Hater

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 27, 2013, 04:39:44 PM
Runnin' on heavy fuel, man.  Heavy fuel.  I thought coffee was a food group?  No?  Dangit.  Next, you're going to tell me nicotine isn't on the food pyramid either.

Of course it is:

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 27, 2013, 01:28:08 PM
Christmas music has always seemed kinda creepy to me.

One summer (Christmas in this neck of the woods) I worked selling books at one of those book stalls in a mall and for 8 hours a day for 4 weeks straight all I heard was a Christmas CD on a loop playing over the mall speakers. It's enough to make you go postal in the middle of the mall.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on November 27, 2013, 05:16:06 PM
One summer (Christmas in this neck of the woods) I worked selling books at one of those book stalls in a mall and for 8 hours a day for 4 weeks straight all I heard was a Christmas CD on a loop playing over the mall speakers. It's enough to make you go postal in the middle of the mall.

Dude, I wonder how long it took you to recover from such trauma.   :o

Heather Wade

Quote from: Little Hater on November 27, 2013, 04:53:25 PM
Of course it is:

Ha haa.  Very well.  Carrying on. 
Though, I feel this should be posted above my desk.  Or perhaps on the front door to warn others what they may be walking into.  Might be the perfect Mormon repellent.

Quote from: jazmunda on November 27, 2013, 05:16:06 PM

Is it any wonder 'Die Hard' begins with a Christmas song?

Andy Williams' 'Happy Holidays' is another on my list of banal bland earworms that I never want to hear at Christmas or any other time, ever.

coaster

Eddie and Sardondi were two of my favorites. They always had something interesting to say.